Barasic to villa for 8m

Obviously not, do you really think Gerrard wants a wimp like Barisic in the team and also pay 8 million for the pleasure ?

Barisic in the Premier League my god he would get absolutely roasted alive.

It's made up bullshit.

Barisic vs Salah...

If Villa pay me petrol money I'll drive any one of our players down there. Genuinely not a single player I'll be sad to see go now (provided our club aren't shafted)

When he is on form he is worh double however he is too inconsistent and has more poor spells than good so I would cash in on this offer. Likewise for Morelos anything over £12m id let him go (my opinion).

Croatian international can’t be that bad no ? He’s definitely struggled this season but the absolute clamour to talk down our players is ridiculous

If we get good money I’ll wish him all the best saying that

Playing through his injuries has ruined him, and I don't think we'll ever see him back to his best again. If we can sell him for a tidy profit, we should definitely do it and find a long-term replacement.

To be honest, we have a huge rebuild in the summer. Almost all of our team will need to be replaced. Key players out of contract in the summer with a few more going into the last year of theirs too.

Some of the comments on here are ridiculous, but expected by some

If Shane Duffy and Ajer can stroll the Premiership then I’m pretty sure Barisic could with his slippers on.

A guy that was as influential as anyone in some of our biggest results over the past 3 seasons, a Croatian internationalist but getting talked down by folk on here.

If folk maybe looked at the bigger picture they’d realise Barisic is at his best when he has someone else on the wing for him to interchange and overlap with. Players are now getting singled out because the previous management team had a successful model and ruined it.

Barasic on form has world class delivery, just needs to be in form more often!

I’m still not sure that Barisic is fully fit this season.

He played I think 10 minutes of Croatia’s euro campaign & has been left out numerous times for Bassey as the club are trying to help him through the injury.

That’s my understanding anyway, so I’m hoping we support the guy.

Bassey has progressed well to be fair, but he’s not at Borna levels of delivery as you suggest.

I cannot see Gerrard signing Barisic and I definitely don't see him paying £8m for him on current form.

It's so frustrating watching Barisic this season, whenever he receives the ball he just stops and looks for a close pass or crosses from miles out. He used to run down the line and beat 1 or 2 men and cross from the the touchline.

His sugar to shite ratio is sadly heavy with the latter.

I’m still not sure that Barisic is fully fit this season.

He played I think 10 minutes of Croatia’s euro campaign & has been left out numerous times for Bassey as the club are trying to help him through the injury.

That’s my understanding anyway, so I’m hoping we support the guy.

Bassey has progressed well to be fair, but he’s not at Borna levels of delivery as you suggest.
I think you could be right there, a fully fit Barasic, on form is definitely a quality asset to have. Hopefully we can see the Borna of old in the coming weeks

He’s been poor and Bassey is a perfect replacement. Don’t see us getting anywhere near 8million for him but I’d take any decent offer.

Villa definitely need a LB, but I don't see barisic as being realistic option. Especially not at 8M after the last 6 months he has had.

Would be happy with that deal if it was to happen though. Thanks for the service & bank the cash.

Obviously not, do you really think Gerrard wants a wimp like Barisic in the team and also pay 8 million for the pleasure ?

Barisic in the Premier League my god he would get absolutely roasted alive.

It's made up bullshit.
The same as Duffy would be a laughing stock? Brighton aren't doing too bad with him at centre half.

I think in this day and age and going to a premiership club he is absolutely worth 10 million all day long. I think he's more suited to Europe however and would see him moving abroad.

I also believe he's been injured for the better part of the last 6 months and through nessessity and probably being continually asked to play has seen his form descend to that original level he had when he signed, he's far better than that everyone knows it.

The same as Duffy would be a laughing stock? Brighton aren't doing too bad with him at centre half.

I think in this day and age and going to a premiership club he is absolutely worth 10 million all day long. I think he's more suited to Europe however and would see him moving abroad.

I also believe he's been injured for the better part of the last 6 months and through nessessity and probably being continually asked to play has seen his form descend to that original level he had when he signed, he's far better than that everyone knows it.
That's a bit of a false equivalence to be fair. Duffy isn't a terrible defender, he just isn't the sort of defender that Celitc need. Duffy is a siege defender and he's pretty good at it, which is why he is a regular for his national team.

Borna isn't great at the defensive side and if he regularly plays against better opposition I see him struggling. He less likely to be able to get success going forward going against better defenders and he's likely to get exposed more at the other end.

Borna has been poor this season.
But he's a croatian international thats had a strong 2 years, including a lot of brilliant Europa league performances, against top teams.
The way we talk down our own players after a poor few months is astonishing.
Some kunt even said they'd take 800k.

I’ve fell out of love with all of them at the moment, if he goes he goes. I’d ordinarily have put up a stronger argument for him to stay or receive considerably more £ as I am a big fan. Down to Gio, easy cash in IF he thinks Bassey is good enough, I don’t

Borna has been poor this season.
But he's a croatian international thats had a strong 2 years, including a lot of brilliant Europa league performances, against top teams.
The way we talk down our own players after a poor few months is astonishing.
Some kunt even said they'd take 800k.
Just give them all away that’ll work.

So just to be clear some people think that a team would pay £8m+ for a 29 year old left back who can't really run or beat a man. A bid that would basically break our record transfer fee?

Doubtful.

At his very best Barisic is worth 8 million.

But we haven't seen that Barisic for at least 8 months. And we only ever saw it for less than half his time as a Rangers player.

If we got offered half that I'd take it.

I don't believe we have any player that could hold down a place in a premier league side.
Totally disagree. Alfie, Kent, Patterson, Jo could all do a job in the right PL teams down here. If those donkeys Duffy and Ajer can do it, 4-5 of our lads easily could. Not that I'd want to see them leave but they could totally hack it. Remember that Tim reject Pukey a few years back? Doing it for fun for Norwich when the mood takes him. If they do go, we just need to get decent money for them. No fire sales.

More chance of him coming in for Freddie. Guy could do a job down here. But it won't be for the 12-15M we wanted. 4-6M max. In Jan. Might not be AVFC, but someone down here will take the punt. Watch this space.
Who on earth is Freddie? Or am I having a complete brain fart?

I’ve seen that reported borna could follow stevie for 8m. Where to start with that ? I don’t know how he still gets a game he doesn’t want the ball he’s hiding in plain sight every game he’s got a magic left foot but he doesn’t use it anywhere near enough as he should be. No runs, no passion, no desire. No hope this season. Not just him though full team bar one or two.
Off hand bite I would your.

Back