Barrie McKays Agent Says Forrest Would Have Payed Double The Price For Him

Pedro didn’t come up with the price………

But this is now the second if not third time …this ‘sort of thing’has been mentioned

Concerning.

Haven't other wingers been inconsistent in their times with us, yet are very well thought of?

McCann, Lovenkrands, Cooper etc. Load of them

Barrie was class and and a level above anyone in our squad yet fans didn't take to him cos he ran like a pussy and didnt put it about.

Having him instead of Windass might just have save Pedro his job. Oh well. And quite why he isn't in this Scotland squad is beyond me. He should be starting.

Let's get something straight here-McKay didn't want to stay at Rangers.Even before Pedro came he refused to sign a contract on a few occasions,his attitude with us was shocking at times and some of his quotes since he left should tell you all you need to know.

Its amazing how quickly people forget that the player himself had a stinking attitude and was an absolute coward.

CNdeias has had more good games this season to date than barry all of last season.

What happens now is what happens, but dont forget when reminiscing about his good days, his bad left us a man down.

This, he was inconsistent near end of contract was sold cheap probably way to go is a sell on clause even so an agent is going to talk his player up anyway! He is gone any player who does not give his all will and rightly be forgotten regardless of how his career pans out imo!

Barrie was class and and a level above anyone in our squad yet fans didn't take to him cos he ran like a pussy and didnt put it about.

Having him instead of Windass might just have save Pedro his job. Oh well. And quite why he isn't in this Scotland squad is beyond me. He should be starting.

I agree with most of your latter points but he doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as those 3

Let's get something straight here-McKay didn't want to stay at Rangers.Even before Pedro came he refused to sign a contract on a few occasions,his attitude with us was shocking at times and some of his quotes since he left should tell you all you need to know.

Doesn't fit with the FF narrative of being hypercritical of The Board and <insert current Manager>

I think people on here just like putting the boot in for various reasons

Maybe the weight of evidence such as this suggests that he simply isn't the player you are painting him as...?

I would actually argue he wasn't necessarily inconsistent. He was actually relatively consistently average with some flashes of quality and the odd very good game dotted about.

I feel fairly comfortable saying that he shouldn't be in anyway even mentioned in the same sentence as the names in your post as the consistency levels and talent of those players were in a different stratosphere to Barrie's.

Again, a player that good simply doesn't go to the only club interested in signing him for a bargain basement fee. Agents and clubs are not oblivious to the existence of such players and would be fighting tooth and nail for him if he was genuinely on that level.

Handily for folk who do think he was this exceptional starlet, we brought in absolute dross as his replacement and have since given up on that and shunted Windass out there, clearly out of his natural position/comfort zone. However, let's not use that as some kind of barometer that we'd be flying if we still had McKay...

I know not many will agree but,I believe McKay was the most naturally talented footballer
Scotland has produced in the last ten years.I also believe we should have given him the four year
contract that would have made him a happy camper.

Haven't read the whole article/thread so maybe already covered, but...

Surely it would have been in the agents interest to jack the fee up as it would increase his share of it?

Unless I'm missing something?

I know not many will agree but,I believe McKay was the most naturally talented footballer
Scotland has produced in the last ten years.I also believe we should have given him the four year
contract that would have made him a happy camper.

I’d repeat the question. If that incredibly bold statement we’re true, why weren’t a host of clubs kicking the door down to fight for his signature?

The most naturally talented footballer the country has produced in a decade available for a few hundred grand simply doesn’t go unnoticed. If clubs were interested, they’d have made moves.

Losing McKay so easily and cheaply still makes me sick. The worst piece of business during Pedro's reign. Worth about 5 Windasses.

What I don't miss is the unjust pelters he received on here and at Ibrox. The weight of winning a game or turning a game round placed solely on his young shoulders, and lambasted when he doesn't.

He'll be in the EPL at one point and probably move there for a hefty sum. More fool us. This was Pedro's worst action as manager.

£500,000 for Charlie Adam. Paying off players contracts to save wages. FM. I could do a better job!

The Forest Fans adore him. He's been a revelation for them. Top assists in The Championship and top chance creator in the league as well.

Pjoor wee shitebag but and Big Pedro saw right through him eh!

Thought at the time it was poor man management by Pedro- one of many I suspect.

McKay may or may not have wanted out, but sticking him with the under 20s was really poor. This decision made it inevitable he would go - I really hope the club have put a sell on % into that deal

Barrie will become a Scotland star by the time he is much older a very talented skilful footballer,The problem was he didn't want to do it for Rangers,If he was still at Ibrox he would be warming the bench at best,I am more disappointed than a lot of Bears because I thought he was a fantastic player who could have had a great career with us others were happy he left because they thought he was garbage.

Some industrial strength revisionism going on here. Typical FF where someone who leaves is remembered as some kind of Messi type figure.

McKay did not want to play for us, never tried a leg for us when he was playing and ridiculously came out with his 'treatment' shite when he was angling for a move.

Anyone who honestly thinks this boy will ever make it to the EPL needs their head examined.

Just another in a long line of ridiculous decisions made by Pedro the fraud. McKay is a hugely talented player who should have been nurtured and encouraged by the management however the managerial genius Caixinha thought otherwise. The boy should have been given the pay rise that his ability dictated, if he was offered a better contract then he would have signed and stayed.
He was sometimes inconsistent but most wingers are, none more so than one of our greatest ever, Davie Cooper. Not for a moment suggesting he is in the same class as Coop, of course that would be idiotic but the consistency point remains valid. If McKay was still at Rangers now, he would still be the most naturally talented player in the squad and would be a shoe-in on the left hand side. We made a mistake only taking £500k for him but a bigger one selling him in the first place.

This, he had no intention of staying.
People using this as a stick to beat Pedro with are wrong

Using the transfer to beat Pedro is wrong, using the size of the fee to beat Pedro is correct. His actions drove the price down.

Last edited:
Just another in a long line of ridiculous decisions made by Pedro the fraud. McKay is a hugely talented player who should have been nurtured and encouraged by the management however the managerial genius Caixinha thought otherwise. The boy should have been given the pay rise that his ability dictated, if he was offered a better contract then he would have signed and stayed.....

Caixinha clearly didn't handle it well, so I wouldn't dream of defending him. However, I come back to the question I asked earlier, if it was ALL about Caixinha then why did McKay reject the contracts offered by Warburton (who, presumably, offered what he thought McKay was worth) and by the Club when Murty was in charge?

I think Caixinha is a convenient smokescreen. The player wanted out.

Caixinha clearly didn't handle it well, so I wouldn't dream of defending him. However, I come back to the question I asked earlier, if it was ALL about Caixinha then why did McKay reject the contracts offered by Warburton (who, presumably, offered what he thought McKay was worth) and by the Club when Murty was in charge?

I think Caixinha is a convenient smokescreen. The player wanted out.

This covers it. He point blank refused to sign more than a 1 year deal under Warburton. You could tell back then he was offski as soon as he got a chance.

Didn't want to play for us and his attitude was stinking.

His comments about his treatment being "inhuman" just summed the boy up.

Pedro did make a mistake in making it so clear we wanted rid, we were hardly in any sort of bargaining position when the world knew he was training with the under 20's.

However, he was correct in getting rid IMO.

I've liked a lot of comments on this thread ,not read all but like most i really liked Mckay but dont think he could have done more than he did .One thing i will say is he wasn't slow in coming back and won his fair share of tackles when he did but his agent is talking shite

Just mischief making and 2 fingers up to us really.

McKay’s better suited to Forest than he was to a big club anyway. He has a tendency to shite his pants when the going gets tough, that’s not a great trait to have in at a club where you’re expected to win all the time.
Still doesn’t get away from the fact that we could have got £1 million , FFS a blind man can see we are struggling in that position.
Only a fool would deny that he was probably our most sellable asset last season,

I’d repeat the question. If that incredibly bold statement we’re true, why weren’t a host of clubs kicking the door down to fight for his signature?

The most naturally talented footballer the country has produced in a decade available for a few hundred grand simply doesn’t go unnoticed. If clubs were interested, they’d have made moves.
It’s a complete mystery to me.But doesn’t alter
my opinion of him.

Pedro in all his wisdom sent him to the under 20’s which pretty much ended any hope of us getting a half decent fee.

Sells McKay for buttons and brings in Dalcio.

In hindsight it was a god awful thing to do. Probably cost us progression in Europe , cost us a fortune in transfer fees. Not all down to Pedro though - Pedro doesnt negotiate so to say Pedro sold him on the cheap is crass. That's Robertsons remit surely?

It’s a complete mystery to me.But doesn’t alter
my opinion of him.

I don’t think it’s a mystery. I think it simply suggests that your opinion (which you’re entirely entitled to) is at odds with those of the people who actually matter in these things - the managers, scouts, coaches and club owners across the country, continent and beyond.

If he was such a startling bargain and the player some like to big him up to be, then at this unbelievable half-price deal, there'd have been a queue of clubs fighting over him - that's what might have driven the tag up a tad.

Like McCarthur, McCarthy, Adam, McCormack and Dorrans?

Clubs in England for example who have money typically don't spend big money in Scotland because they don't have to - they can spend 8/10 million on established international squad players

Andy Robertson "only" went for 2.5 millionish which is buttons in England - and he "only" went to one club

It is generally the next move when the money appears when players flush around the money market in England - and with the season McKay is putting together that is coming

I don’t think it’s a mystery. I think it simply suggests that your opinion (which you’re entirely entitled to) is at odds with those of the people who actually matter in these things - the managers, scouts, coaches and club owners across the country, continent and beyond.
Could be that he never had a manager that
could drag that talent in him on to the park.

Could be that he never had a manager that
could drag that talent in him on to the park.

Maybe... had a fair few managers in his time...

Lots of very good managers out there who would fancy their chances of taking a supposed most talented player of the last ten years and be able to get him performing... if he actually gave the impression to them that’s what he was.

I think the reality is that there’s simply no evidence in the opinions of the professional footballing world that Barrie McKay is even close to what you think he is.

It’s a bit like the dhims telling themselves Dembele is a £40 million player Messi wants at Barca. A team colour-tinted view that is at odds with the real world.

Like McCarthur, McCarthy, Adam, McCormack and Dorrans?

Clubs in England for example who have money typically don't spend big money in Scotland because they don't have to - they can spend 8/10 million on established international squad players

Andy Robertson "only" went for 2.5 millionish which is buttons in England - and he "only" went to one club

It is generally the next move when the money appears when players flush around the money market in England - and with the season McKay is putting together that is coming
Absolutely! I just hope we managed to get
a good sell on fee.

Its amazing how quickly people forget that the player himself had a stinking attitude and was an absolute coward.

CNdeias has had more good games this season to date than barry all of last season.

What happens now is what happens, but dont forget when reminiscing about his good days, his bad left us a man down.
Unlike windass

Barrie Mckay is a young winger who last year played in a struggling team. It came as no surprise that he was incosistent at times. However he is a fantastic player. The fact our support lambasted him for the way he ran and that he didn't throw himself into 50-50s is a complete joke. We always turn on the homegrown players but show incredible patience with bang average foreigners i.e. Sebo and pena.

Last edited:
McKay has natural talent and an alleged bad attitude. Always a difficult combination.
For what it's worth, I don't believe we played him in his best position (in the number 10 role) and I think he will soon be playing at a higher level than the Championship.
I believed at the time we let him go for a pittance and that may come back to bite us in the arse sooner rather than later.

It was obvious that he had talent but it wasn't just a normal wingers inconsistently with him. The majority of his games where poor ones for us.

Pedro really didn't do anything right at rangers did he?
Sickens me such an idiot was left make such an arse of it for so long.

Sorry cannot read the whole thread.
But....did I miss Barrie Mackay shouting from the rooftops regarding how much he wanted to remain a Rangers player?
Or, how much playing for the club meant to him?
Did I miss Barrie Mackay getting the entire Rangers support on board his personal campaign to remain at Ibrox?

It is difficult to believe that the character of agents employed by players, don't ultimately reflect some personal aspects of the player themselves.

Mackay's agent appears to be a disingenuous, dishonest and a mischievous opportunist.
Just saying.....

He’s got talent and no pace.

He’s got a shitty attitude which if fine if you’ve got pace.

He can dip a shoulder and not get by a defender because he’s got no pace.

In all - he’s not quick enough to be a top class player.

Unfortunately this is something he could have worked on if he didn’t fancy himself so much.

Fuuck him.

He’s got talent and no pace.

He’s got a shitty attitude which if fine if you’ve got pace.

He can dip a shoulder and not get by a defender because he’s got no pace.

In all - he’s not quick enough to be a top class player.

Unfortunately this is something he could have worked on if he didn’t fancy himself so much.

Fuuck him.
No pace? wee Barry could fly.

Mckay didn't make the Scotland squad this week kind of says he isn't ripping up any trees down there

I haven't heard a word about him since he left apart from this shite article

Back