Been to the cinema by yourself?

been a few times, if I am away working or at friends and they are working etc

I have no issue in it and feel completely comfortable

There was a magical phase in life where I got to go on my own.
Before kids, cinema was always like a 'date' type thing.

After kids there was the first couple of years where couldn't always arrange child care so I got to go myself to see movies like Dark Knight, Rocky Balboa, all the good stuff.

The dynamic has shifted again to having to take the kids now, but at least I don't need excuses to go see Spiderman etc.

It's my perfect Saturday/Sunday morning. Head up to Silverburn and have breakfast in Carluccios then a movie in Cineworld.

No daft burd asking questions and cinema's always quiet. What's not to like?

When I worked for Royal Mail, I finished at lunchtime and a couple of times I went on my own. Most times there were only a dozen people in.

I go on my tod all the time. As others have said, only ever in the afternoon.

I can understand a wee bit of trepidation the first time anyone does it, but honestly there's no need.

Always thought it was a no go but I started working a weird shift that meant I really considered it.
No I've got a 2 year old so literally can't even go for a pee on my own

It's my perfect Saturday/Sunday morning. Head up to Silverburn and have breakfast in Carluccios then a movie in Cineworld.

No daft burd asking questions and cinema's always quiet. What's not to like?

The incredible sense of loneliness and the realisation that you're so unlikable that nobody will meet you just to sit next to you in a dark room without even having to talk to you?

Had a job years ago auditing bus companies that took me all over the UK. Spent a lot of time one my own so got quite used to going to the cinema by myself. But strange at first but got used to it in the end. Also got to see a few films that my then girlfriend wouldn't have gone to.

Work away, so do it quite often.

I guess you're not usually supposed to speak in the movies anyway so going by yourself isn't that bad.

Although, I appreciate it is a bit sad looking....

I much prefer it. I'd say it's not weird in the slightest, but then again I've lost count of the number of people that have called me weird over the years.

The incredible sense of loneliness and the realisation that you're so unlikable that nobody will meet you just to sit next to you in a dark room without even having to talk to you?

He's also sitting eating in a restaurant on his own. The staff must feel sorry for him when they see him coming, "usual table Sir?"

:p

I find people that can't do things on their own stranger. How unconfident and how unsure of themselves must these people be?

I used to work away a lot, going out for dinner, to watch the football, cinema etc on my own was a pretty regular thing without a second thought. Otherwise I'd be sitting in a hotel room
eating room service and doing %^*& all for the whole evening.

Agree.
Seems a bit odd that someone would always have to be with someone else.

Especially as you are watching a movie and not meant to talk.

Almost childlike needing someone to be with another person just to watch a movie.

I have unlimited card for cineworld so I go myself probably 2-3 times a week during the day.
When I go the cinema is usually quiet and you get peace to watch the film.

Nah, I'm not a serial killer or paedo though.

Only joking, if you feel comfortable with it I don't see an issue.

I ended up watching Rogue One myself as the wife took the kids out as weren't enjoying it.

Was bliss

Yep few years ago, was working away for a few days on my own, bored out my head in hotel one day so decided to go to cinema.
Can't even remember the film now.

Got a Cineworld unlimited card so quite a lot if I'm sitting in the house bored on a day off I'll just go and see a film for something to do.

Done it a few times for films I really want to see. Can never understand why people think there's something wrong with going to the cinema yourself.

I go on my own most weeks, not going to talk to anyone for 2 hours anyway so doesn't make much difference imo

I'am a big film fan and watch maybe 10 a week on the TV.

Certain films are however much better seen in the cinema and have no problem going on my own - last time was to see Dunkirk while my wife and granddaughter went shopping.

Thread made me think is it more acceptable going on your own rather than with one of your male pals - would add I am a pensioners!

I went to see the recent Alien film by myself as the Mrs was too feart to go and was doing some work that evening and I really wanted to see it. Regret it now as the film was shite.

Classic Grand Jamaica Street, 1992, had a big long rain coat oan and box of handy andies. (only kidding)

Yeh i have been myself, why the feck not? The Mrs had all her pals round for a girly night of chat about kittens, puppies and knitting patterns so i fecked off and watched something myself.

Used to do it quite a lot when I had one of those cinema pass things and the missus worked shifts. Would go right after work.

Done it once up in Aberdeen on my own on a course. Felt a bit uncomfortable to be honest. It's typical if you go with the Mrs there's always a few people by themselves but the one time that you do it you're the only one sitting there like a weirdo. Same with eating in restaurants yourself.

One of my favourite things to do is go to the pictures on my own, daytime midweek.

(Although I did once see a film - Fatal Attraction - in the company of both my wife and girlfriend, an interesting experience).

Yep, usually go once or twice a month for late showings once the wife and kid are in bed. Was at Braehead for the midnight showing of IT last night. Was awesome!

Changed days indeed
H0mQgWS.gif

xMJSTnV.jpg

I'd go no problem and did so to see T2.

As someone commented earlier, best thing I ever learned was not to give a toss about what others think of you.

You should be fine as long as you don't turn up in your dirty old mac and head for the back seats of the theatre ... TOP TIP: if it's raining take yer brolly!!

Go once a week at night on my own. I guess it helps if you love films and dont give a rats ass about folks opinions. Kids are the main reason I go myself. That and the missus hates the fact I dig folk up at the cinema. I have a real problem with folk that natter or look at their mobile during a film.

Guess Im just an ol grumpy %^*& of a film geek. :)

Must have went to see The Two Towers about five times - nobody else I knew wanted to watch it that much, so yes - yes i have. :)

Havent done it but had a middle eastern bloke sat beside us once. He was sitting there sweating and wearing a rucksack. It dawned on me I couldve had the whole cinema evacuated with one word in the manager's ear!

Work away from home quite a lot, so sometimes I go on my own. Prefer to do that than sit in a pub on my own.

You can't go for two hours without the affirmation that you're likeable?

Sounds a bit like a needy, 14 year old burd to me. Do you self-harm in your spare time?

Went to see the latest Star Wars movie myself when I was home over Christmas. First time I've done it, but nobody else wanted to go see it. Really didn't bother me.

Back