Big Eck - sacked by SFA

The SFA and SPFL are both amateurish and malevolent at the same time. A bit like the SNP, they play at being innovative leaders but have no real interest in their policies being successful.

The SFA are so clearly running the game only at the behest of Lawwell and his plans for Celtic world domination. Every senior appointment is controlled by him and there is no-one willing to put the good of Scottish football before their career. No reporter is willing to call out the SFA or SPFL and actually do something tangible to improve the game in Scotland

Its shameful

Never should have got the job in the first place but the SFA were shambolic leading up to his appointment and shambolic regarding his dismissal. He deserved better than having to be left dangling for weeks when every man and his dug knew he was a goner. He deserved better than that and is well out of it.

I wouldn't bet against the next round of recruitment being a shambles aswell.

I'm a big fan of McLeish considering everything he done with Rangers, but he wasn't the right man for the Scotland job at the time and I think it's disgusting the way he's been treated and thrown under a bus so the SFA can minimise their own negative press.

They were irresponsible and their lack of searching for viable, worthy candidates. They went all in on one guy and when he said no the desperately turned to McLeish in fear of the raging anger from Scotland fans.

But he was not their first choice, and he was not who the Tartan Army wanted, and therefore it was always going to be a half hearted failure. Now if Scotland don't qualify for the euros (which they won't) people will look back and blame Big Eck when all fingers should be pointing at the fuckwits who appointed him.

Poison chalice of a job with this squad of players,and the fuds presiding as the board, cascading down pure amesturism, keeping their jobs for the Bhoys, walk away Eck,and never look back! couldn't organise their whole in a brothel.

The timing is out of order , if he was to be sacked it shouldve happened in the immediate aftermath of the last games .

Good luck to Big Eck in the future whatever he decides to do , seems a gentleman and gave us some wonderful memories .

The SFA and SPFL are both amateurish and malevolent at the same time. A bit like the SNP, they play at being innovative leaders but have no real interest in their policies being successful.

The SFA are so clearly running the game only at the behest of Lawwell and his plans for Celtic world domination. Every senior appointment is controlled by him and there is no-one willing to put the good of Scottish football before their career. No reporter is willing to call out the SFA or SPFL and actually do something tangible to improve the game in Scotland

Its shameful

Spot on. We are regularly told that the SFA is "the clubs" but the representatives of the clubs are duty bound to look after the fudiciary duty to their own club first so if there is a conflict between the good of the country's football and their own club's football the club should win out. How can you expect the country to prosper if each club's representative's first loyalty is to the club.

Liewell has been quoted at his club's AGMs as stating his priority and the good of Scottish Football is not his number 1 priority and not even his second. This would probably apply to the representatives of the other clubs as well.

Rod Petrie? I remember an article on Raymond Sparkes is which he stated that what Petrie knew about football could be written on a gnat's arse.

Reporters? That is the title they fall back on, "we're only reporting what has happened" but on any other given day they have opinion pieces on every Rangers topic under the sun ( no pun intended ) but not one of them can give an opinion on what is going wrong with Scottish Football and how to fix it.

The time it has taken to do this, illustrates the absolute useless nature of the sfa. Riddled with people that would struggle to run a bowling club.

I agree - it’s shocking and I think AM deserves better!
I wish him well in his retirement and hope the rumoured illness is simply just a rumour!

Take the money eck and get a good seat to watch the rangers next season and chill out,
I for one will never forget what you did for the club when things were not at its best.
Thank you.

Cant believe some of the stick Eck has taken during his time as Scotland boss. He may be a bit older now but this notion we could get a better manager is a load of mince. Ecks CV is and will be light years ahead of anything we will get unless Walter was to get the gig.

The media have been driving him out the door from day one in some quarters and went into full overdrive when he dared to drop thumb who a few weeks later turned out to have went off the rails.

Personally I hope Eck left with a fat wedge in his back pocket. I also hope the SFA go for one of their Celtic minded cronies who will not pick a single Gers player and hopefully they fall flat on their face and get humped out of the qualifiers and screw up the play-off.

Ally Ross (sun columnist, I don’t know who is either) was asked on TalkSPORT about Ally McCoist for Scotland job he said no because he was there before and left them in the lurch for Rangers

I've got a lot of time for Alex McLeish although was critical of his tenure at Ibrox towards the end.

He is being made a scapegoat and taking the full Derry for the shambolic state of our national side. I wish him well in his retirement cause he dont need being f ucked about by the likes of mulraney.

Let them appoint who they want because it will all end in tears again anyway.

so the man failed to win with a rag tag bunch of nobodies ,has his mental health questioned ,lets get a poet manager ,all will be well .

3 of the last 5 managers were former Rangers managers. One of the last 9 or something like that have managed Celtic. No really getting this get a Celtic man in paranoia that everyone on here is alleging.

Really hope Eck has taken them to the cleaners with a massive payoff and if the persistent rumours are true let the big man enjoy his retirement his health has got to come first now and really wish he hadn’t touched the poison chalice of a job in the first place. Big man deserves better.

3 of the last 5 managers were former Rangers managers. One of the last 9 or something like that have managed Celtic. No really getting this get a Celtic man in paranoia that everyone on here is alleging.

Have a look at the whole set up from top to bottom, starting with the back room staff that Big Alex had then come back and tell us we are all paranoid

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/

Ive just looked at his list of games in charge and the only real bad results were Kazakhstan and poss the Costa Rica game .
Other than that i think the results were pretty much to be expected.

Ive just looked at his list of games in charge and the only real bad results were Kazakhstan and poss the Costa Rica game .
Other than that i think the results were pretty much to be expected.

The radio commentators before the Israel game were comparing it to the Kazakhstan game in the fact that the multiple time zones our players had to go through. Doesn’t excuse results but this and call offs didn’t help.

A lot go on about the San Marino score only being 2-0. We’ve never beaten San Marino by more than 2-0 away yet the still used this to beat big eck with

I'm waiting patiently for the next failure proven manager to be employed by septic FA. Fuds to a man are the scotshit football association.

Your all missing the obvious option :

9 Feb 2018 - John Hughes admits he's so desperate to land the Scotland job he is willing to do it for nothing

Ticks loads of boxes there !

I sincerely hope that big Eck is OK and that his health comes first and foremost ,he is no doubt better off leaving that rancid organisation ,it's a no win situation for him ar indeed any other honest manager,the SFA don't want anyone who will stand up to them or master Lie well they only want a pansy a yes-man to do their bidding and not for the good of scottish football

Never should have got the job in the first place but the SFA were shambolic leading up to his appointment and shambolic regarding his dismissal. He deserved better than having to be left dangling for weeks when every man and his dug knew he was a goner. He deserved better than that and is well out of it.

I wouldn't bet against the next round of recruitment being a shambles aswell.
Seemed a bit of a joke waiting until today to break the news on BEs future, wouldn't happen to be a holiday weekend coming up?

Best managers in the world rolled into one couldn't improve the Scotland team with the players available. Only class player is Andy Robertson. Wouldn't open the curtains if Scotland were playing in our back garden. SFA a pure joke and never can forgive them all the way back to their treatment of Colin Stein in 1969 and Souness in his tenure at Ibrox.
Enjoy your retirement Alex watching the Gers with like minded people.

Good riddance to it Alex. Players picking and choosing when to play should be cut out. Let's be honest, fake injuries when it suits. I couldn't care less abut the national team anymore. It's poison run by poison.

Couldn’t have been very reassuring to look along the bench and see Peter the pointer and Faddy staring blankly at the pitch

No decent manager will touch that job with a ten foot pole the teams shite and the expectations are wholly unrealistic from the fans and media

Back