Billy Gilmour loan.

100% Yes for me loan with option to buy (I would go up to £5m for the buy price). Just my opinion but reminds me of a Scottish Arteta

Katic fan boys have moved onto Lowry now, remember it was drop Goldson for Katic.

I’m not dismaying Lowry’s talent, he has a real natural gift and ability only a few have. But he needs managed and to get more experience next season gradually.

He gave the ball away at hearts, which lead to them scoring. It was a dead rubber and meant nothing, if that was title decider people would be calling for his head.

If anything this season has showed us, is we need a full squad of capable players. We don’t want injuries that’ll cost us the league and trophy’s like the striker situation did this year.

Katic fan boys have moved onto Lowry now, remember it was drop Goldson for Katic.

I’m not dismaying Lowry’s talent, he has a real natural gift and ability only a few have. But he needs managed and to get more experience next season gradually.

He gave the ball away at hearts, which lead to them scoring. It was a dead rubber and meant nothing, if that was title decider people would be calling for his head.

If anything this season has showed us, is we need a full squad of capable players. We don’t want injuries that’ll cost us the league and trophy’s like the striker situation did this year.
100% on the Lowry bandwagon.

He's a fine player on evidence so far but folk are going completely OTT and pinning all kinds of ridiculous hopes on the boy.

And the whole "don't let Gilmour sign at the expense of Lowry" is laughable.

And how much a week are you willing to pay him?

He's on less (although not much) than our top earners. His wage would be affordable if we were wanting to put him in the highest paid bracket at the club and he wasn't looking for a big wage rise.

He would be one of (if not our best) best players if he signed.

I think Lowry is our most exciting forward thinking prospect for years. I am in the same camp as you, he does things that other players won’t even attempt. However it is that gallus swagger that looks great when it comes off but the more experienced player is aware of the risk of losing possession. I am sure our coaches will be working on that without nullifying his natural talent.

He's on less (although not much) than our top earners. His wage would be affordable if we were wanting to put him in the highest paid bracket at the club and he wasn't looking for a big wage rise.

He would be one of (if not our best) best players if he signed.
I can't believe he will be on less money as the pay at Chelsea off the scale.

Who knows though.

And how much a week are you willing to pay him?
For me Kamara-esque wages would be fair would expect him to start most weeks...Not saying he would accept. A loan deal would be easier to manage as we would only pay a % of what he is on. Don't know what he gets right now lets say £40k a week which is out our budget a full time deal would rely on Gilmour accepting at a guess a 50% salary drop, we would be using the fact we are Rangers to tempt him in reality most players just move to an average EPL team and get another pay bump...

If Tuchel doesn’t fancy him then he’d likely leave on a permanent deal, especially with the new loan restrictions and the ongoing ownership madness.
Be a £10-15m transfer surely especially down there, nothing for a Leicester, Everton,Southampton
Don't think the new loan restrictions impact Gilmore's situation. He's effectively home grown for them now so no limit to how many of those type of loans they can take in or push out to other clubs. They can still stockpile young players.

There would likely be a loan fee but then he's out of contract next summer.

(Only a loan fee if it happened obv, doesn't sound like it is)
Chelsea don't tend too loose there assets on frees even the likes of Kennedy etc clearly no future but they kept paying him well and giving him new deals so they could recoup a fee obviously Gilmour could knock any deal back but that would be easier said than done I cant see them being willing too loan him out without him signing a new deal first .

Gilmour is on £2.2M (£43k pw) at Chelsea. I'd be surprised if we were prepared to pay him anything like that.

There would likely be a loan fee but then he's out of contract next summer.

(Only a loan fee if it happened obv, doesn't sound like it is)
It won’t happen as he doesn’t want another loan , wants to prove himself at Chelsea , or leave , if he leaves say £15m , and either way he’s on over £40k a week , thee end .

If Chelsea sell, they'll presumably be looking to recoup their costs on him over the years.

If we pay that fee, we're effectively footing the bill for him walking out on us.

I would only entertain bringing him back under circumstances that were financially advantageous to Rangers, ie on a free in a year's time.

I've also got my doubts about his effectiveness as a player, as demonstrated by his output following the initial first few games at Chelsea. There's a strong argument to say he's been found out. Specifically, when closed down aggressively he's not had an answer.

Gilmour is on £2.2M (£43k pw) at Chelsea. I'd be surprised if we were prepared to pay him anything like that.

Where's that info from? I don't think he's signed a new contract at Chelsea since his original one - does that mean they offered a rookie 17yo 40k per week?

If Chelsea sell, they'll presumably be looking to recoup their costs on him over the years.

If we pay that fee, we're effectively footing the bill for him walking out on us.

I would only entertain bringing him back under circumstances that were financially advantageous to Rangers, ie on a free in a year's time.

I've also got my doubts about his effectiveness as a player, as demonstrated by his output following the initial first few games at Chelsea. There's a strong argument to say he's been found out. Specifically, when closed down aggressively he's not had an answer.
Found out at 20 , in the top league in the world , too many still pissed off at the way he left the club , but nothing will happen as they won’t let him run down his deal . And he’s out of our price range .

He’s been found out? He bossed one of Liverpools best midfields at 18 years old. Away and don’t talk shite. He’s got plenty more to come.

Given that his family have dismissed it, I'm baffled as to why it's still being commented on.
Because people in 2022 don’t like to be told no. In any walk of life. They’ll just keep on pushing what they think or what they want until it doesn’t happen then move on to their next want or need. Any reasoned or rational thinking seems completely abandoned. The Instagram instant gratification generation.

Not a fan of loan signings at all but I'd be happy with Gilmour for sure.

I think it would suit all parties if he came here.

Talented 18 year old footballer, hailed as potential future star for both club and country takes a 1000% pay increase to join one of the top 4 teams in the english premiership and continue developing his trade...and some people think that's a bad choice?

The idea of "he made his choice" is mental and complete cut off your nose to spite your face nonsense.

If there's anything to it, Gilmour would be a fantastic option to have.

No he didn't. Went back to look at the highlights and they start with Hearts in possession about 70 yards from our goal. No idea if Lowry lost possession, but it was hardly him giving the ball away.

I see Lowry getting more chances next year, but not dropped all the way into the team every week immediately. Our signings will obviously play a part.

I don't see Gilmour coming to us on loan, but have no qualms with the boy setting himself up with a top 4 English team at 16. It's a no-brainer.

He’s been found out? He bossed one of Liverpools best midfields at 18 years old. Away and don’t talk shite. He’s got plenty more to come.
He played well against Liverpool. I think “bossed” is an exaggeration.

And that was as an unknown commodity.

In later games after teams had a chance to size him up he wasn’t as effective when people got in his face. Better midfielders would’ve relished people getting closer to them.

He’s a good player but no more than that, as the last 18 months since the Liverpool game would suggest.

In later games after teams had a chance to size him up he wasn’t as effective when people got in his face. Better midfielders would’ve relished people getting closer to them.

He’s a good player but no more than that, as the last 18 months since the Liverpool game would suggest.
Yes bossed. Came away with Motm.

To say he’s been “found out” is mental. Especially at his age.

He has 12 caps for Scotland and has been pretty much one of the best players in the game every time.

Using this Norwich thing against him is such weirdo nonsense tbh. A 19 y/o goes to a gash club with no playing identity and then is also bad — big wow.

He's an absolute superstar and will be the nearest since Barry if we get him back.

Imagine being offered when you're a teenager probably ten times or more what you're earning, with enough to set yourself up for life, and then knocking it all back cos that would earn you extra staunch points.

Does that not seem a bit thick to you?
Clearly not to some. Seems there are quite a few people who would never dream of moving jobs to do the same thing for a lot more money.

Sheffield United fans told people Lundstram was gash
Aberdeen fans were ready to tell anyone who would listen Jack was sh*te by the time he was coming to us.

Norwich fans have shown themselves to be the 8 finger inbreeds most think them to be if they thought a player like Gilmour was dragging a side with Hanley, McLean and Ben Gibson to a decent season.
This forum just 6 months ago had a massive thread about how Connor Goldson should never play for Rangers again.
In January, the majority on here wanted Lundstram and Wright gone.

We've even held a poll where most were happy to see Morelos sold.

But aye, We've to jump on a Norwich forum and take their word as gospel!

Clearly not to some. Seems there are quite a few people who would never dream of moving jobs to do the same thing for a lot more money.
I'm actually hoping to have a job interview coming up soon.

In view of the inevitable public outrage at going for a job with an improved salary I'm going to politely decline any offers forthcoming and stay exactly where I am.

Back