Biowave Sponsor on Copland stand

Should this type of Advertisement be allowed on our stadium outwith normal billboards etc ?

• Yes it’s income at the end of the day

Votes: 623 62.2%
  • No the stadium is sacrosanct

Votes: 75 7.5%
  • Only if it’s a large amount of income

Votes: 304 30.3%

• Total voters

SSJack

On the thread about Biowave sponsoring the woman’s shirt this picture was posted .

Clearly the club need to maximise revenue however there must be a balance to be had .

How much are we getting to allow this to be plastered on our grand stadium ? And is it worth it . Hardly a blue chip company so It would be interesting to see how Much income it’s going to bring us .

Thoughts bears ?

Edit-could someone post the pic? I can’t work out how to post it

Last edited:
71038ad51e0a62c613dfcd5e7566bbfd.jpg

Been done before

Trying to work out how to post the picture . Tried copy and paste and insert but isn’t working . If you look up the other thread it’s on there .

I’d be looking for a fair few quid for this tbh.

Much more than the Bitci and Tomket deals for starters.
Thanks for posting the pic.

No matter what I try I can’t work out how to do it.

I don’t think that looks good at all and I suspect it won’t be a large sum given the company .

I honestly don’t care, after 2012 the main thing that matters to me is the financial security of the club. If that means we accept sponsored stands then I am completely fine with that.

I am also 100% for selling sponsorship naming rights for the stadium aslong as its commercially good for the club. I’d happily let Ibrox be re-named for £2-3 million per season.

We have no clarity on how much this actually brings in. But is it worth the eyesore? Almost certainly not. We will be lucky if it’s high five figures per annum and for me, that’s not worth it.

There has to be some caveats to this sort of sponsorship. If Tena Lady offered us £5m p/a as shirt sponsors, we’d need to consider more than just cash.

We’ve gone from a single shirt sponsor, to a shirt sponsor, shorts sponsor, top of back sponsor, bottom of back sponsor, sleeve sponsor, and now training kit sponsor. If we ditched them all how would it hit revenue? £1m? Maybe?

There’s a balance to be struck. Turkish Bitcoin nonentities don’t enhance the brand.

We have no clarity on how much this actually brings in. But is it worth the eyesore? Almost certainly not. We will be lucky if it’s high five figures per annum and for me, that’s not worth it.

There has to be some caveats to this sort of sponsorship. If Tena Lady offered us £5m p/a as shirt sponsors, we’d need to consider more than just cash.

We’ve gone from a single shirt sponsor, to a shirt sponsor, shorts sponsor, top of back sponsor, bottom of back sponsor, sleeve sponsor, and now training kit sponsor. If we ditched them all how would it hit revenue? £1m? Maybe?

There’s a balance to be struck. Turkish Bitcoin nonentities don’t enhance the brand.
Absolutely meaningless post given you don't have a clue what revenue we're bringing in.

Welcome to how we try and not operate at a loss every year whilst competing to win trebles and reach the later stages of Europe.

It will be interesting to see how much we are actually getting for this .

@Greg Marshall
Yip the SLO will come on to an open forum and discuss Rangers commercial dealings...
Anyone that precious about a logo on the inside of the stadium are in a great position in that they clearly have no real issues going on in their life.
I assume thst the same people upset at this are upset that a logo desecrates the famous blue jersey?

I posted a similar question last month with an overwhelming 83% in favour of some kind of sponsorship that generates income.

Don't know if you've noticed my good man but we're in the middle of a pandemic that is affecting our income by a fair amount.

Needs must at times like this.
Its definitely not an absolute need, we’ve just secured a much larger merchandise income than we’ve had for a long time, we’ve have higher value player assets than we have ever had, amongst many, many more sponsorships deals all over the strip.

Yip the SLO will come on to an open forum and discuss Rangers commercial dealings...
Anyone that precious about a logo on the inside of the stadium are in a great position in that they clearly have no real issues going on in their life.
I assume thst the same people upset at this are upset that a logo desecrates the famous blue jersey?
It’s not going to be a secret is it ? I’d imagine it will show on our accounts so why would it be kept quiet ?

I don't mind additional sponsors on the stadium, but I don't think stadium naming has any value in the UK unless it is on a new build stadiums and even then I am not convinced.

Back