Biowave Sponsor on Copland stand

Should this type of Advertisement be allowed on our stadium outwith normal billboards etc ?

• Yes it’s income at the end of the day

Votes: 623 62.2%
  • No the stadium is sacrosanct

Votes: 75 7.5%
  • Only if it’s a large amount of income

Votes: 304 30.3%

• Total voters
I don't see why this is less palatable than adverts around the middle of the stand, it's almost out of sight when watching a game and won't be on TV, effectively free money.

It's hardly like the stadium is an ad free zone.

It's no different to advertising hoardings around the pitch as far as I'm concerned. But I still want us to be making substantial sums off of these ventures.

looks fücking dreadful, however it still seems aload of fans are inthe big river in Africa when it comes to the day to day costs of running the club.

we need all the funding we can get, rich people have a limit too.

I'm actually happy that our club is leading the way with giving small start ups a platform to advertise their business. It can only be a good thing after the mess we got ourselves in. Hopefully a few of the bigger names get involved going into next season with us in the Champions League

Childish remark .
In what way? You seem to believe Rangers should release commercially sensitive information on a public forum. An absolutely ridiculous point of view but if you a desperate to know, as you must be by tagging in the SLO, phone Ibrox directly and ask the question. You wont for 2 reasons. 1 you know would be laughed at and 2 deep down you know its a ridiculous stance to have.

I don't think it looks as bad as what people are making it out to be. Also not fussed over it either. It's money coming into the club.

I'm actually happy that our club is leading the way with giving small start ups a platform to advertise their business. It can only be a good thing after the mess we got ourselves in. Hopefully a few of the bigger names get involved going into next season with us in the Champions League

Like Castore :))

As long as it’s money on the bank which is reflective of the advertising space they are getting - makes no difference to me.

Absolutely meaningless post given you don't have a clue what revenue we're bringing in.

It’s all relative. If it’s multi-millions I can hardly argue, but it won’t be. I’m not sure anyone would pay that for a brand advert not visible to the TV cameras. I’d wager we struck the deal and had to give them some sort of space in the stadium and this is what we offered.

I’m just not comfy with having Sandy Jardine and Bill Struth written on two stands, and BioWave Go on another.

In what way? You seem to believe Rangers should release commercially sensitive information on a public forum. An absolutely ridiculous point of view but if you a desperate to know, as you must be by tagging in the SLO, phone Ibrox directly and ask the question. You wont for 2 reasons. 1 you know would be laughed at and 2 deep down you know its a ridiculous stance to have.
I didn’t say I was desperate to know . I said it will be interesting to know . But you knew that already .

DJTAoNDW0AIY8Ir.jpg

general-view-of-the-inside-of-hampden-park-stadium-glasgow-2BB354E.jpg

I don’t give a %^*& how it looks.

If it helps us to buy the central midfielders required to kick on and retain the title and qualify for the CL, then wire right in.

Last edited:
We have no clarity on how much this actually brings in. But is it worth the eyesore? Almost certainly not. We will be lucky if it’s high five figures per annum and for me, that’s not worth it.

There has to be some caveats to this sort of sponsorship. If Tena Lady offered us £5m p/a as shirt sponsors, we’d need to consider more than just cash.

We’ve gone from a single shirt sponsor, to a shirt sponsor, shorts sponsor, top of back sponsor, bottom of back sponsor, sleeve sponsor, and now training kit sponsor. If we ditched them all how would it hit revenue? £1m? Maybe?

There’s a balance to be struck. Turkish Bitcoin nonentities don’t enhance the brand.
Why don't you fire Rangers an email telling them how shite a job Bisgrove is doing and that you could do far better then?

Are people seriously whining about this being 'tacky'? Its a daft bit of lettering above a stand that absolutely no cunt pays attention to.

People on here saying it isn’t worth the eyesore, without knowing the financials behind it.
Kind of sums up the naivety of supporters when we’re happy to write off sponsorship income based on nothing else than aesthetics of the stadium roof.

A nice, plain roof doesn’t pay the bills.

I don’t even like the Sandy Jardine stand writing so to my eyes this is a monstrosity.

But at the same time I often critiqued the club in the past for just using the fans to raise income (MyGers, st increases etc) so can’t complain when they do stuff like this. Better be a decent amount of money but cos it’s honking. Thankfully I won’t see it as I’ll be under it.

The players on the park are important, not some sign stuck to a stand. If this helps the team it helps the club, money for not a lot

No problem with this at all.

In fact anybody being annoyed at this I’m laughing at your pain.

Money is money for the club simple as that.

When even @LarkfiedLoyalNS isn't moaning about it, you know it's not an issue :))

In an ideal world, there would be no advertising anywhere and we'd get to take in the site of the stadium, strip and everything else without the burden of logos that aren't Rangers related. But here in the real world, where Scottish football affords you £0 but you still want the club to retain and buy more people like Morelos, Kent, Tav and Steven Fücking Gerrard then you've got to put up with a few shîtey logos from time to time.

Some folk will have the gall to accuse the club of constantly fleecing the fans yet complain because we're putting a logo somewhere to raise funds.

Can't say that during matches I spend too much time looking at the roof area of the stands on the ends. Doesn't bother me at all and will bring in revenue. No different to the boards plastered all round the pitch and tiers of the stands and less intrusive than them too. Just part of the business of the game IMHO.

People on here saying it isn’t worth the eyesore, without knowing the financials behind it.
Kind of sums up the naivety of supporters when we’re happy to write off sponsorship income based on nothing else than aesthetics of the stadium roof.

A nice, plain roof doesn’t pay the bills.
You could actually have predicted who would be crying about it before opening the thread.

An advert on top of a stand and the panty wetters are in a huff. Some folk really need to get a f**kin grip of their lives.

Imagine if FF ran a football club.

Expecting top results while having no sponsorship deals and no player sales - some absolute fucking maniacs on here, honestly :D

Do people think we’re going to run on converted shares and soft loans forever?

The negativity and general panic merchant nature to sponsorship deals and player sales is genuinely mind-boggling at times.

I didn’t say I was desperate to know . I said it will be interesting to know . But you knew that already .
Not desperate to know but tagging the SLO for info, ultiple posts asking if someone knows or why is it being kept secret.
As you say it will be in the accounts wait until they are published.
It's a commercial decision that the club are clearly happy with so its all good

It will be interesting to see how much we are actually getting for this .

@Greg Marshall
Even if he knew, which I doubt since he's an SLO and not part of the board or financial team, he is hardly likely to post that sort of information on a forum is he?

This is one of those situations were we have to trust that the club know what they are doing, and considering the improvement in this sort of stuff since Bisgrove came in I'd be inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt

When even @LarkfiedLoyalNS isn't moaning about it, you know it's not an issue :))

In an ideal world, there would be no advertising anywhere and we'd get to take in the site of the stadium, strip and everything else without the burden of logos that aren't Rangers related. But here in the real world, where Scottish football affords you £0 but you still want the club to retain and buy more people like Morelos, Kent, Tav and Steven Fücking Gerrard then you've got to put up with a few shîtey logos from time to time.

Some folk will have the gall to accuse the club of constantly fleecing the fans yet complain because we're putting a logo somewhere to raise funds.
Wait til the new museum and function facilities are up and running there will be a thread on the cost of a pint and how folk can get it cheaper at their local bowling club

Not desperate to know but tagging the SLO for info, ultiple posts asking if someone knows or why is it being kept secret.
As you say it will be in the accounts wait until they are published.
It's a commercial decision that the club are clearly happy with so its all good
I never said “ why is it being kept secret” either . I said it won’t be a secret as it will be in the accounts . If you are going to debate at least be accurate with quoting people .

At the end of the day it’s healthy for fans to get involved and ask questions rather than just shrug and accept everything like lemmings . It doesn’t do any harm . Keeping some traditional aspect to our club is no bad thing and as others have pointed out there must be a balance to be had between sponsorship revenue and taste .

Back