Biowave Sponsor on Copland stand

Should this type of Advertisement be allowed on our stadium outwith normal billboards etc ?

• Yes it’s income at the end of the day

Votes: 623 62.2%
  • No the stadium is sacrosanct

Votes: 75 7.5%
  • Only if it’s a large amount of income

Votes: 304 30.3%

• Total voters
Its a firm No from me!

For me its got nothing to do with aesthetics, being a traditionalist or not understanding our current predicament. The Club can offer companies as many parts of the kit or existing advertising space that they wish but the stands belong to us we paid for them and that particular stand, the traditional Rangers end, from my perspective is a memorial that we built and we don't put advertising on our memorials!

Last edited:
We likely will rename Ibrox with a sponsor at some point in the future. I've made my peace with it and actually don't have an issue with it, just so long as the money involved is correct. It's very much the done thing in modern football. It's not likely to be a permanent change either. We currently play in a League run by incompetents. Any revenue we can generate is going to have to be off of our own backs.

Its a firm No from me!

For me its got nothing to do with aesthetics, being a traditionalist or not understanding our current predicament. The Club can offer companies as many parts of the kit or existing advertising space that they wish but the stands belong to us we paid for them and that particular stand, the traditional Rangers end, from my perspective is a memorial that we built and we don't put advertising on our memorials!
Surely if we paid for the stands we paid for the strips? Thats a non argument for me. If its a memorial surely you wouldnt walk on it, sit on it, sing songs in it or shout abuse from it?
The board are trying to bring in as much money as they can and given they have put their hands in their own pockets to see us through some tough times then they are entitled to

There's never any real middle ground on FF.

I recall taking pelters for suggesting Castore's operation struck me as tinpot after the deal (and their ludicrous bravado that followed) was announced. That's turned out well so far.

Sure, like all clubs we need to explore new avenues of income, but it's not surprising that some fans are antsy at an unknown start-up suddenly branding two of our stands. I think it's fairly natural to have some reservations given what's transpired over the last 10 years or so.

"Would you be complaining if it was Orange or BT?" Definitely not — that's kind of the point. It's possible to be impressed with the board but question certain decisions, so long as it's kept respectful. Otherwise there's no point in the forum.
They’re not a start up tho.

They’re massive in the States and are expanding to the UK.

Surely if we paid for the stands we paid for the strips? Thats a non argument for me. If its a memorial surely you wouldnt walk on it, sit on it, sing songs in it or shout abuse from it?
The board are trying to bring in as much money as they can and given they have put their hands in their own pockets to see us through some tough times then they are entitled to
I appreciate that the board have converted cash for share stakes in the club and are looking for ways to improve the clubs finances.

On your next point IMO its not the memorial we raised the money for through mostly the rangers pools you're thinking of, thats either a monument or a mausoleum.

As far as the strips are concerned? No we started out with blue strips albeit a slightly different colour of blue than we have today and has been adapted over the last 150 years but it still belongs to the club. Incidentally neither does any of the two club crests belong to the fans they also belong to the club.

As I said I appreciate that the board are looking for other ways to raise revenue but for me no amount of money in the world would convince me to allow advertising on either of the two stands where we lost supporters. Sorry.

We likely will rename Ibrox with a sponsor at some point in the future. I've made my peace with it and actually don't have an issue with it, just so long as the money involved is correct. It's very much the done thing in modern football. It's not likely to be a permanent change either. We currently play in a League run by incompetents. Any revenue we can generate is going to have to be off of our own backs.
I may be way off here but I personally think that Bisgrove is going to angle for Emirates to come on board. He used to be on the marketing board for Emirates. He has done a partnership with Glasgow Airport and that could tie in with Emirates. Once 32 red partnership ends, reckon they might be next sponsors. With maybe a lounge I.e Emirates blue sky lounge or Emirates training centre.

Sorry to bump an older thread, but is this lot the best we can do? Biowave looks like some sort of a sham startup company. They have less than 1k followers on Insta/FB to go with it.... They can't be paying much, surely we can do better?

Sorry to bump an older thread, but is this lot the best we can do? Biowave looks like some sort of a sham startup company. They have less than 1k followers on Insta/FB to go with it.... They can't be paying much, surely we can do better?

you go and see if you can convince Microsoft

On their Instagram they have the code that we have just been emailed as available to all Rangers supporters. I have remained signed up to all Rangers emails as I didn't want to miss out on anything important... But getting spam like this all the time now. Going to unsubscribe from third party emails and rely on FF if there is limited edition whisky ones etc

Presumably it’s the best money/partnership or we’d have chosen somebody else.

If they weren't paying much, their massive logo wouldn't be positioned in prominent positions within our stadium.

Think about it.

Back