Biowave Sponsor on Copland stand

Should this type of Advertisement be allowed on our stadium outwith normal billboards etc ?

• Yes it’s income at the end of the day

Votes: 623 62.2%
  • No the stadium is sacrosanct

Votes: 75 7.5%
  • Only if it’s a large amount of income

Votes: 304 30.3%

• Total voters
We have no clarity on how much this actually brings in. But is it worth the eyesore? Almost certainly not. We will be lucky if it’s high five figures per annum and for me, that’s not worth it.

There has to be some caveats to this sort of sponsorship. If Tena Lady offered us £5m p/a as shirt sponsors, we’d need to consider more than just cash.

We’ve gone from a single shirt sponsor, to a shirt sponsor, shorts sponsor, top of back sponsor, bottom of back sponsor, sleeve sponsor, and now training kit sponsor. If we ditched them all how would it hit revenue? £1m? Maybe?

There’s a balance to be struck. Turkish Bitcoin nonentities don’t enhance the brand.
Yes their is a balance to be struck but our main source of income this year is down ie us attending.

How much would each of Europa league qualifyers, group and last two knockout rounds have netted us. Before costs prob 8 tov10 mill

We are down that already so castore will offset that a little, the insurance side but not all

Sadly a sign of times if it helps cover bills and also fees money up elsewhere for the squad then reality is we need to do it

Are they premium brands just now maybe not but at renewal time you can then put these out for offer showing data off how many views and exposure etc which then b starts to increase premium brands is here to stay sadly

It doesn’t look great, but it’s income and it’s a bit bratty to make any serious complaints about our boardroom looking for this sort of means of income rather to keep digging into their personal income

FFS - are you tying to tell me that the concrete strips at the top of both Copland and Broomloan, on the outside, are beyond any sort of clean up?! Seriously?
I’ve no idea. I’m not some self styled armchair expert on concrete cleaning. You say there’s no excuse, but can’t even guess at the cost or logistics involved.

I understand the income that has been generated but what happens if John Greig dies? Will a stand not get named after him, the same as Sandy Jardine and Bill Struth?

I’m being huffy but do not understand why this logo needs imprinted on the fabric of the stadium.

If this company want to sponsor us, fine. I doubt they approached us and made the deal conditional on getting logos on the roof. I presume their branding will feature in the match programme, website, screens, big screens, match coverage etc.

I fervently disapprove of Rangers offering up this space, assuming that’s what’s been done. I don’t think it’s too much to ask that the club don’t moot that sort of branding. I’d be pretty stunned if this sort of condition would’ve seen the company walk away.

This feels like a bit of a slippery slope and I hope that’s the last logo we seen in such a position.

I’m being huffy but do not understand why this logo needs imprinted on the fabric of the stadium.

If this company want to sponsor us, fine. I doubt they approached us and made the deal conditional on getting logos on the roof. I presume their branding will feature in the match programme, website, screens, big screens, match coverage etc.

I fervently disapprove of Rangers offering up this space, assuming that’s what’s been done. I don’t think it’s too much to ask that the club don’t moot that sort of branding. I’d be pretty stunned if this sort of condition would’ve seen the company walk away.

This feels like a bit of a slippery slope and I hope that’s the last logo we seen in such a position.
You are making a lot of guesses on the deal. No-one outside of the negotiations will know any detail.
The facts are the company are paying the club a significant fee to sponsor us. The signage is in place and that wont change until the end of the deal.
No amount of rage and upset on here will change that

100% with you on this.

100% with you on this.
I’m fairly surprised so many on the thread aren’t bothered!

There’s a ton of advertising space round the stadium so I’d like to see us work with that and sell that to sponsors. I’d imagine the new mid-tier LCDs will allow us to sell more, so this just seems odd to me.

More space for Gospel Goal, I guess!

You are making a lot of guesses on the deal. No-one outside of the negotiations will know any detail.
The facts are the company are paying the club a significant fee to sponsor us. The signage is in place and that wont change until the end of the deal.
No amount of rage and upset on here will change that
No one knows how significant or insignificant the fee is.

My opinion is it looks terrible. But then again our Kit is becoming akin to an F1 car with the sponsors on it.
this is all being done to bring in money which we are haemorrhaging at an alarming rate year on year. It seems the only way that we won’t be in minus is by selling players each year. Which is fine as a business model, it works as shown across Europe.

I challenged the board often enough in the past on improving our income through other means than their own pockets and our pockets as these seemed to be the only 2 routes. So the 13 (I think) new commercial partners in the last year are more than welcome.

But I still think it looks tacky

As the old photo with the Bovil branding on the stand shows this isn’t a new thing and probably shows the old issue with some of our fans and their holding onto “tradition“ when in actual fact it’s not our tradition at all.

remember all the folks upset about ripping up of 5he “traditional” tartan carpet out the trophy room when some were clueless to the fact Rangers tartan only came to be in the early 90s.

or the update to the dressing room as if the old one had been there since day dot when it had not.

the only tradition Rangers keep up really is that we always have been innovative and not scared to change things. We may do it in a traditional style keeping it in line with the aesthetics of the stadium. We need to move with the times and allow the club to be innovative in how we attract money into the club to keep us at the forefront of the football world

As the old photo with the Bovil branding on the stand shows this isn’t a new thing and probably shows the old issue with some of our fans and their holding onto “tradition“ when in actual fact it’s not our tradition at all.

remember all the folks upset about ripping up of 5he “traditional” tartan carpet out the trophy room when some were clueless to the fact Rangers tartan only came to be in the early 90s.

or the update to the dressing room as if the old one had been there since day dot when it had not.

the only tradition Rangers keep up really is that we always have been innovative and not scared to change things. We may do it in a traditional style keeping it in line with the aesthetics of the stadium. We need to move with the times and allow the club to be innovative in how we attract money into the club to keep us at the forefront of the football world
I agree with most of your points but Bovril has always been synonymous with football so that was still traditional and you could buy it in the stand providing a nice hot comforting drink to the supporters in the stand it’s advertised in . I won’t even ask what Biowave is but I guarantee you the Copland nutter won’t be biowaving at half time next season . We just need to accept that this is the modern way and if it sticks in the craw of us older bears then tough I suppose . It’s only going to get worse and there’s no point moaning about it all

I agree with most of your points but Bovril has always been synonymous with football so that was still traditional and you could buy it in the stand providing a nice hot comforting drink to the supporters in the stand it’s advertised in . I won’t even ask what Biowave is but I guarantee you the Copland nutter won’t be biowaving at half time next season . We just need to accept that this is the modern way and if it sticks in the craw of us older bears then tough I suppose . It’s only going to get worse and there’s no point moaning about it all
Aye mate but things change and unless you allow that to happen things won’t get a chance to become synonymous with football.

Sky TV to some younger fans will be seen as synonymous to football but us older bears know it’s not,

look at tobacco company’s that used to go hand in hand with things like Snooker and F1. A lot of tradition sponsors have gone for many reasons

im sure someone will correct me but I thought Biowave makes those health machines that send electric impulses into your feet to improve circulation. If I’m right a company that promotes good Heath isn’t a bad thing to get involved with.

pas I said in my post we have always been innovators, we have never stood still and I think stuff like this is sticking with our traditions and those boards in the past who wanted to make Rangers the best it could be with the best facilities and players. The league we are in and the small TV deal we have compared to other countries mean we have to try to use every available way to try to ensure we have the money to progress.

I had read that this deal will also involve some improvements to the stand so I don’t think it’s just a sign going up. It would be worth it to get the seats replaced LOL. (Not sure that’s happening by the way but an improvement worth doing). Maybe that would be a better way to have a company logo at the stadium is have it as a design in the seating with different colour seats like some clubs do.

I’m just quite excited that we are doing things again, I love to see the innovation happening again. The whole development of the new facility at Edmiston house location I think will be even better than we have seen in the drawings and it will be something else that will be a huge asset for the club going forward.

Ibrox can’t be a museum, it has to be a stadium fit for a modern day elite football club, nothing wrong with change as long as it’s sympathetic to the style of our magnificent main stand and the internals of it. There are many ways to be modern and not look like the mechano dome over the east end of glasgow

Aye mate but things change and unless you allow that to happen things won’t get a chance to become synonymous with football.

Sky TV to some younger fans will be seen as synonymous to football but us older bears know it’s not,

look at tobacco company’s that used to go hand in hand with things like Snooker and F1. A lot of tradition sponsors have gone for many reasons

im sure someone will correct me but I thought Biowave makes those health machines that send electric impulses into your feet to improve circulation. If I’m right a company that promotes good Heath isn’t a bad thing to get involved with.

pas I said in my post we have always been innovators, we have never stood still and I think stuff like this is sticking with our traditions and those boards in the past who wanted to make Rangers the best it could be with the best facilities and players. The league we are in and the small TV deal we have compared to other countries mean we have to try to use every available way to try to ensure we have the money to progress.

I had read that this deal will also involve some improvements to the stand so I don’t think it’s just a sign going up. It would be worth it to get the seats replaced LOL. (Not sure that’s happening by the way but an improvement worth doing). Maybe that would be a better way to have a company logo at the stadium is have it as a design in the seating with different colour seats like some clubs do.

I’m just quite excited that we are doing things again, I love to see the innovation happening again. The whole development of the new facility at Edmiston house location I think will be even better than we have seen in the drawings and it will be something else that will be a huge asset for the club going forward.

Ibrox can’t be a museum, it has to be a stadium fit for a modern day elite football club, nothing wrong with change as long as it’s sympathetic to the style of our magnificent main stand and the internals of it. There are many ways to be modern and not look like the mechano dome over the east end of glasgow
Excellent post . To be honest I’ve changed my mind now . Income for the club needs to be priority .

Got to love the stauch ones getting all sniffy about the appearance of some ads that they probably would be hard pushed to find any pictures of, apart from the actual one specifically of the logo, let alone accidentally see during the course of a match.
We're in the middle of a pandemic and still have considerable outgoings to finance and most things should be considered to help us along.
Our millionaire boardmen and benefactors, as well as ordinary fans, can only do so much injecting of cash into the coffers.

FFS, I well remember the days we had serious and worrying stuff to contend with.

I've got some bad news for you Andy.

I’d be looking for a fair few quid for this tbh.

Much more than the Bitci and Tomket deals for starters.

the first time the players wore the shorts with Bitci on them I had no idea and only noticed when a player was down injured and shorts were slightly ruffled. I genuinely thought he had the word Bitch on his shorts!

Stop spoiling the thread with facts and common sense!

if the info i saw today is right
Bovril took out the adverts to break into the football fan market

if the info i saw today is right
Bovril took out the adverts to break into the football fan market
Interesting mate . Still a bit of a comfort blanket for me reminds me of freezing Ibrox early 80s maybe 20,000 at the game pick your seats , my old man bought me a bovril and we halfed a pie . Still to this day sometimes for lunch I just crumble two oxo cubes into a mug and drink it sometimes make a piece and dunk it into it . People do buy into things young and keep doing it for life even simple things so they were ahead of their time

The BioWave Copland Road Stand will be the name for next season.
It may well be called that by the club but the fans will call it the Copland.
Its not like players are going to say "it was a great ball in from Borna and I volleyed it home and it was a great sight to see all the fans in the BioWave Copland Road Stand celebrating"
The amount of folk getting worked up about this is incredible.
Rangers could win the domestic treble next season, win the CL, have an invincible season, loads of cash in the bank, world class new signings, Castore making top quality strips with no issues and giving them away, increased capacity in the stadium, a museum and function facilities to match the best in the world, no advertising on stands, pies that were tasty, hot and free and there would be a thread on here moaning that there was nothing to moan about.

The BioWave Copland Road Stand will be the name for next season.
Jesus. The Rangers end now named after some tinpot company.

As said before, its a slippery slope. Folk will say it doesn’t bother/concern them in the slightest, thats fine. Its also fine to be bothered when the financials are almost certainly not worth it.

Keep going down this rosd and it’ll end in tears.

As said before, its a slippery slope. Folk will say it doesn’t bother/concern them in the slightest, thats fine. Its also fine to be bothered when the financials are almost certainly not worth it.

What are the finances of it?

If Biowave offered £3m for their name on both stands you would want the club to turn that down?

In normal circumstances I’d agree with you. I do see myself as a traditionalist. But let’s face it until we’re on a solid financial footing we need these sponsorships to see us through.

It’s a drug free pain relief system. Very highly regarded.

If Biowave offered £3m for their name on both stands you would want the club to turn that down?

In normal circumstances I’d agree with you. I do see myself as a traditionalist. But let’s face it until we’re on a solid financial footing we need these sponsorships to see us through.
I'd be surprised if they are paying us a tenth of that.

In what way will it "end in tears"?

I'd be surprised if they are paying us a tenth of that.
No chance we’re slapping that signage up for a mere £300k.

We just have to trust that our commercial director Bisgrove is doing his best for the club.

I’ve certainly got more faith in him than I had with his predecessor, Steadman.

No chance we’re slapping that signage up for a mere £300k.

We just have to trust that our commercial director Bisgrove is doing his best for the club.

I’ve certainly got more faith in him than I’d did with his predecessor, Steadman.
Oh, I've been impressed by Bisgrove.

But I'm just not seeing a company of this size and stature having millions to throw in the direction of a woman's team in Scotland, men's training bibs and their logo on the top of a couple of roofs.

Oh, I've been impressed by Bisgrove.

But I'm just not seeing a company of this size and stature having millions to throw in the direction of a woman's team in Scotland, men's training bibs and their logo on the top of a couple of roofs.
They’re a massive company in the USA. Hundreds of sports teams in the NFL, NBA and MLB use them.

This is part of their expansion to sports teams in UK. I see this as a positive that they want us part of their expansion.

I’d very surprised if we’re not getting a large sum of money for this.

They’re a massive company in the USA. Hundreds of sports teams in the NFL, NBA and MLB use them.

This is part of their expansion to sports teams in UK.

I’d very surprised if we’re not getting a large sum of money for this.
Let's hope so mate.

I'm not a fan of how it looks on our stands - but it's there now and nothing i can do about it. Just got to hope we have somehow got proper money for it.

I think the fans should be told exactly how much it is worth - it's OUR stadium after all.

There's never any real middle ground on FF.

I recall taking pelters for suggesting Castore's operation struck me as tinpot after the deal (and their ludicrous bravado that followed) was announced. That's turned out well so far.

Sure, like all clubs we need to explore new avenues of income, but it's not surprising that some fans are antsy at an unknown start-up suddenly branding two of our stands. I think it's fairly natural to have some reservations given what's transpired over the last 10 years or so.

"Would you be complaining if it was Orange or BT?" Definitely not — that's kind of the point. It's possible to be impressed with the board but question certain decisions, so long as it's kept respectful. Otherwise there's no point in the forum.

Last edited:
Back