Blair Meikle - Scottish Sun

What's incorrect?

That it was a Rangers fan who posted the comment

This entire thread is wholly about the fact that it was incorrectly stated that a Rangers fan had posted this comment when a simple scroll down the scummers prior Tweets showed the person who did it had previous for mocking the Ibrox Disaster. Highly unlikely to be a Rangers fan, wouldn't you agree?

Against that backdrop, your comment has me really confused. What am I missing here that you're seeing @Commentator ?

Last edited:
The article has been pulled now

Problem is the damage has already been done now.

It's a vicious, re-occurring circle, and unless the club themselves actually start taking these people to task, it will continue.

By to task, I mean absolutely destroy them, and let them know that if you're willing to make up bullshit or tarnish our club, then we are willing to utilize all and any legal means to fire right back.

Rangers could put a stop to this easily by employing someone to gather examples of the double standards, bias and downright lies. It isnt difficult and there are plenty of examples to refer to. Sitting back and doing nothing is disgraceful and its bound to be affecting fans both old and young. Why would any responsible parent allow their child to be associated with sectarian, bigotted scumbags like us?

Fans cant do it on their own.

I've seen Spiers take this approach before. Ignore the matter in hand (which again is invented sectarianism), the important thing is to keep linking sectarianism and Rangers. Sectarianism and Rangers. Sectarianism and Rangers. Sectarianism and Rangers.

We ridicule him but this approach causes damage and that trickles down. I was debating with someone about the lie that rightfully got Spiers the sack from the Herald where he claimed one of our directors was singing the billy boys, but the thing I kept hearing back was "yeah but rangers ARE sectarian". It didn't matter that the paper apologised for it's actions and admitted it was inaccurate, that somehow wasn't deemed relevant to the argument. It seems that facts are only important as long as they can be used to frame us, otherwise regardless of any facts, we're still to blame.

Some posters cling to the belief if they dont read it or hear it then it doesn't matter. They dont seem to understand the power of propaganda.

So in the last few days, much of their content has come from lifting 2 stories from the Heart and Hand Fergie interview and a mentally challenged troll and a bullshit twitter account. Quite a publication they are running.

I understand what DE said on H&H about them having every right to lift the Ferguson content, but how long until some of the H&H content that they don't like, becomes a stick to beat us with?

They basically sit on Twitter looking for clickbait stories and then repeat them in their rag. It's the laziest of lazy journalism.

"See Chris Sutton deal with an Ibrox troll!" "Look at Josh Windass hilarious pisstake of his own support!" "You'll never guess what Ally McCoist said about Dave King on Talksport!"

It doesn't even stop there. Look at David's interview with Ian Ferguson last week. The Sun website got about four articles out of it just regurgitating what was said.

They should be ashamed of what they've become as an industry.
It is well nigh impossible to shame a mentally challenged.

Apart from not reading,not buying,not opening,how do we get rid of them (as our support)cause I’m getting fed up of a “retreating “mhedia irrelevance having so much relevance on our site.

Start calling these bastards out one by one,start legal action against anyone who slanders us,ban them and their paper,stop taking this pish time and time again and waiting on fans groups to fight our corner,our PR approach is a joke at times.

WATP
This 100%

Remember the glory days of Scotland's journalism?

Now they have no investigative journalism at any level....just people reporting on official statements, interviews etc.

The glory days of Scots' journalism certainly haven't been in my lifetime.

Rangers =bigotry but let's just ignore what happens at the scum hut in any way, shape or form.

The club should be coming out swinging on things like this. It seems not a week goes by without Rangers supporters getting slandered in our gutter press and yet our board don’t bother to respond. We are utterly toothless.

This is happening repeatedly and Rangers should be standing up to it.

There is a guy who sometimes pops up on a site spouting anti Rangers rubbish, he goes by the name of Alfie Conn, he even has a photo of Alfie as his profile. It is not Alfie

If a journalist lied about Celtic fans or associated Celtic incorrectly with such comments, you can be sure that club would be doing all they can to get him sacked.
I hate wanting to cop them, but that tactic is proven to work.

Not suggesting that it is even the main reason but the timing of the circulation decline of Scottish newspapers does seem related to their anti-Rangers approach.

The club need to grow some balls and somebody made accountable to tackle every instance like this. If no one inside the club is capable, and I don't think there is anyone then we should hire professionals to work on our behalf.
If SR actually did the job of MD he would be on this. He seems to think bean counting is the extent of his role as he seems to do nothing else of note and certainly never speaks out on behalf of the supporters in public despite numerous opportunities.
Once again it is cowardice from Senior figures at Rangers masquerading as dignified silence.

Given the number of ITK guys on here who have contacts in the club, can they ask why no one is saying anything about things like this?
Demanding an apology would at least flag up The Sun's lies.

As a H&H subscriber myself, I am confident that DE has the wherewithal to know not to fall into too many traps.
Why should he have to be concerned with traps on his own Rangers podcast. If I want to listen to like-minded Bears comment on some of the hypocrisy of Scottish football and the scum in particular, I don't necessarily want it censored to be politically correct or Shitty Scottish Media acceptable.

The content is most important. I don't want every pod opening with The BB and ending with NPOR, but I'd rather it wasn't potentially diluted* in case some clueless newspaper copy and past man might be listening.

*Not saying DE would dilute the product or isn't sharp enough to work around the issue.

Back