Booing of our players taking the knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they need an excuse? Blm are scumbags. Football should find another way to show solidarity.

I don’t agree with a lot of BLM but whether we like it if there is booing again at the weekend it will be reported widely and that damages the reputation of the club. Can people not just show some tolerance for 5 seconds

What happened to they were booing Madrid for not taking the knee? That was a quick about turn.

Nobody cares if you agree with it or not. Nobody's asking YOU to do it. You've got no right to tell Glen Kamara what he should or shouldn't be doing as a gesture against racism. Simple as that.
I'm not telling him or any player anything!
I'd rather the players found another way to show solidarity against racism! I can guarantee the booing would stop. Fans are entitled to show displeasure against BLM!

a lot of people very certain they know exactly what everyone does and should think . They know exactly why someone booed, exactly how stupid they are for not knowing the nuanced argument being made by (don’t laugh) footballers…

i guarantee you this, any Rangers 11 past or future making what the crowd determine to be a gratuitous political gesture will get booed. Has any Kick it Out display been booed? No, because it’s inclusive and everyone agrees with it.

It’s booed because it’s gratuitous and empty know. The crowd knows it and the players need to reflect

I’d guess the booing is of the ‘taking the knee’ stance and not what it stands for in inequality. The ones who booed didn’t boo Rangers players specifically.

When Rangers players used to hold up Show Racism The Red Card cards before games, there was not a single boo, but all round applause.
Thats NOT how it'll be reported in the Scottish Press though is it?

Only an absolute brainless fud would still boo it despite knowing the impact of the negative publicity the club will receive for it.

Yeah, it's the Rangers players who are at fault here. Not weirdo edgelords like you.

The idea of a 45-year-old bloke sitting in his house boo'ing a laptop screen is hysterical mind you.
take your argument up with the crowd the next time we have a full house snd they do, then we’ll see who the edgelord is

I'd rather the players found another way to show solidarity against racism! I can guarantee the booing would stop. Fans are entitled to show displeasure against BLM!

Why should they come up with a new gesture ?

They've explained it's nothing to do with anything political or any organisation.

Why won't you accept their explanation at face value ?

How about they just shut the fcuk up for 5 seconds and don't embarrass themselves and the club?

The players have been very clear on this - they are not kneeling for any other reason than to show solidarity with their fellow players. The notion that all these young loaded guys are Marxists is hilarious.
I thought they were doing it for racial equality?

It's not acceptable to boo our own players but it's also not acceptable to have this political gesture forced on our players. It's ridiculous this act is still mandatory.

It’s poor behaviour. Anyone who thinks highly paid footballers are making political points rather than demanding equality needs to have a quiet word with themselves.

On a side note heard a good few FTP add ons on Sunday! Ffs are some people just determined to do our club and support harm!?!

Late kick off and a total loss of the self policing built up over years of fan attendance.

And entitled ned arseholes out of the zoos and asylums for the day.

Is there anyone honest enough to admit that they did it here? Would be interested to hear their reasons as to why.

Maybe players could do something original for themselves to

Can you not understand why people are booing the action? Blm are scumbag thieves. It's well documented that their organisers have siphoned large chunks of donations for themselves.
I'd rather Football came up with something of their own to show solidarity.
If you feel so strongly then you should engage with players to come up with an alternate option.
Im not getting into the conversation on the players taking the knee.

but you need to watch how you word your posts.

our support were not booing black players, they were booing the taking of the knee by the team.

whether you or I deem that right or wrong is one thing, but saying the were booing black players is not what happened
They were booing our players taking the knee. We agree on that.

Those players are black. Those same players were racially abused.

I stand by my post and the wording. You may not like it, but it's what happened on Sunday.

It amazes and saddens me that people still try and hide behind the excuse of booing the BLM organisation. If you can’t tell the difference between the BLM organisation and the wider BLM movement, quite frankly your are ignorant or a closet racist.

Can one of these people please tell me what part of our black players kneeling for 5 seconds offends them so much? Who the f*** am I (or you) to boo or criticise our black players for making a stand against racial injustice, especially after everything that happened last year.

The actions of some fans over the weekend, and some comments on here, show exactly why it’s still needed and I will continue to support the players in whatever for they wish to express themselves.

So show you hate racism in a way that is suitable to you because you have sand in your knickers over a group the players have already said it has nothing to do with.

Whether the team like it or not that act is intrinsically linked to BLM. If they simply changed it to a banner or something else it gets rid of most of the problem straight away.

I also think a small part of it is that people are being sick of told how racist they are constantly, in one of the least racist countries in the world. The vast majority of this online abuse is directed from fake bot accounts, from outside the country.

Even if you believe in the act itself, it has lost any meaning being before every single match, powerful meaningful images don't happen 60 times a year. You will never get rid of racism, but if you rightly want to speak out about it, do it in a powerful way that gets everyone on board, this BLM stuff is toxic.
The fact that people are booing it gives it meaning

A few idiots are always going to embarrass us on this and the media will gleefully latch onto it.
Hopefully we can get an organised round of clapping as they take the knee to drown them out.

Taking the knee was not invented by Black Lives Matter. The first sportsperson to do it was Colin Kaepernick to protest police brutality against black citizens.
But our players didn't start it then.

They did it after powerful lobbying from Comcast/Viacom (Sky Sports) to the game after a death in custody in an US midwestern city - the murderer has since been rightly jailed.

The players were played for political ends - it happens.

What chance do you have when there are people still thinking kneeling is for Marxism.

It's been over a year.
I wouldn't boo and think those that do are doing us harm as it looks bad. But been over a year and has it brought people together? It's been divisive since the start. People rightly or wrongly associate it with a movement that were given free reign for lawlessness last summer in UK and weeks of rioting and a number of murders in the US.
Whatever it is suppose to achieve (was never going to achieve anything a racist isn't changing his views because a footballer kneels)it hasn't brought anyone together the opposite in fact.

I wouldn't boo and think those that do are doing us harm as it looks bad. But been over a year and has it brought people together? It's been divisive since the start. People rightly or wrongly associate it with a movement that were given free reign for lawlessness last summer in UK and weeks of rioting and a number of murders in the US.
Whatever it is suppose to achieve (was never going to achieve anything a racist isn't changing his views because a footballer kneels)it hasn't brought anyone together the opposite in fact.
Which is an indictment on society, not on the gesture.

I thought they were doing it for racial equality?
They are. They aren't making a political gesture no matter how much people argue the case. I find it pretty disheartening that after what happened to Kamara and Goldson's fairly eye opening and sobering interview that we still have fans who refuse to take them at face value. It does make you wonder.

I booed…at home. Do you want to tell me what to think there too?

Hate racism
Hate empty gestures that people are rationalising after the fact but everyone knew what taking the knee was in relation to 12 months ago.
Players can do it if they want but if they chose a different gesture the boos would stop… up to them to make it a issue seeing as many other clubs don’t do it now either.
You booed a TV/computer screen?

To top off booing a player racially abused a few months ago you did it from the comfort of your home to a tv or computer screen.

Haha that is quite possibly one of the most idiotic things I have ever read on here

After what happened to Kamara I can't believe anyone would even consider booing.

Worst thing is that these people are season ticket holders.

Just incredibly moronic.

Just remain quiet.
I don’t think many of them were season book holders . I think there were many day trippers there who got tickets off book holders who couldn’t make it . It had that feel of the fisher price my first Rangers game with many of them absolutely steaming drunk, singing about building gallows , joining the YCV and booing our own players taking the knee . All in a “glamour” friendly against Real Madrid .

We now have a club to be proud of again after a period when we wondered if we would ever be truly “ back “ where we belonged . We finally have a board who cares , a Young truly global icon manager , a multicultural talented and committed squad of players who delivered 55 . And yet , we just cannot seem to shake off the ned element who attach themselves to our club . Their negativity drags us into the mud time and again and gives our enemies a free kick at us (as if it’s needed ) and by now the vast , vast majority of bears are just deeply embarrassed and left wondering what more the club can do or say to stop these people . I agree with other posters if this knee taking continues into another season , we need to applaud it loudly and drown out any booing from a minority , although I’m confident come Saturday our normal season ticket holders will show the class and dignity we normally see from true bears .

It amazes and saddens me that people still try and hide behind the excuse of booing the BLM organisation. If you can’t tell the difference between the BLM organisation and the wider BLM movement, quite frankly your are ignorant or a closet racist.

Can one of these people please tell me what part of our black players kneeling for 5 seconds offends them so much? Who the f*** am I (or you) to boo or criticise our black players for making a stand against racial injustice, especially after everything that happened last year.

The actions of some fans over the weekend, and some comments on here, show exactly why it’s still needed and I will continue to support the players in whatever for they wish to express themselves.
Overt displays of anti-racism make them uncomfortable. They need to show their anger over it and the "Marxism" angle is a convenient excuse. If a different gesture was used they would find a reason to take issue with that as well.

I was shocked when it happened on Saturday and caught a bit off guard. On Sunday I was expecting it so joined in with clapping over the boos. It will happen against Livingstone and I hope the majority are ready to drown out the idiots. We have plenty of black players in the team and it must be unsettling for them to hear it. There were black people around me on both days and they were certainly affected.

Booing for a couple of seconds will achieve absolutely nothing positive for Rangers. The media will have a field day with this and people will be in here complaining about it when it fans gave them the ammunition.

I really hope all our fans are prepared to respond and back our players and club through this.

No way I'd boo our players at all. I think most of us agree that black lives matter, but it is possible to have no time for BLM. I always look at our enemies, of which there are many, and you know they'll be loving another Gers support own goal.
As well as the add ons etc, you just know if UEFA issue us with a letter of complaint, and we had to get a behind closed doors, CL game, that our many enemies would be lapping it up, media would wring the story for days. Mad that we, as a support, don't seem to mind blundering into any of the traps set.

There was a guy behind us in the Club Deck who, I kid you not, was only heard 3 times during the whole match…

1. Booing the players taking the knee before shouting something about Marxism.
2. A solo rendition of “here lies a soldier…”.
3. Joined in extremely loud and proud with God Save the Queen.

Sadly there’s some in our support who don’t come along to support Rangers the football team.
I came here to post the same thing

Drown them out if they try again.

Players taking a stand was probably the better idea as they done toward end of last season

Those that boo players taking the knee are on the same level as the Tims that boo during a minutes silence for war victims.

You may not agree with it, but surprise surprise it’s not about you so either stay outside the ground until after kick off or keep your fucking mouth shut
Well said mate

I genuinely thought our players stopped taking the knee last season after what happened against slavia. Was surprised to see them doing it again tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back