Borna Barisic blasts Rangers exit talk as he reveals 'the truth' on relationship with Steven Gerrard

Articles like this are all good and well.....

But in real money - I can’t see him lasting under SG.

He seems to be Gerrard’s third choice LB behind two guys who are playing out of position.

He needs to get a one all over again.

Looked like a hard bastard at the start of the season, then as the hair gradually grew back he turned into a shitebag.

Broon will have his hair shaved for the weekend and our Scott Arfield will destroy him.

Off topic mate but just wanted to highlight it. :)

It’s an over used phrase on here but I know there is a player in there somewhere.

He was fantastic in the two Osijek games. Sharp one touch moves that took our players out the game, dangerous crosses whipped in with pace etc.

When he signed i was convinced he’d be the best left back since Numan.

He’s failed to impress recently but it’s too early to punt him

Not a popular opinion on here but I’d be tempted to start him on Sunday. Flanagan looks extremely uncomfortable at LB, nae neck could have a field day against him. Barisic also offers us something in attack.

I've never understood why we signed this guy after a couple of goodish performances against us. Allen is responsible for targeting potential signings and putting them forward to the manager for appraisal.

There didnt appear to be very much in depth diligence on this player before signing him. Unless we were tracking last season which seems unlikely.

Gerrard clearly wasn’t talking about Borna, it was Lafferty and Grezda he was gunning for.

Technically the guy is excellent and has a peach of a left peg imo. But He really needs a change in mentality and needs to get a grip with the physical game here or he will be out. Really want him to succeed and we have seen glimpses of a great player this season.

I hope lots of folk end up with on their face, and made to eat their words.

Too many buying into hearsay.

He’s not had a great season, but there’s more to come from him. A good preseason will do him wonders.

I know others have written off Barasic however if we can get him back fit again and get a good preseason under him then I think he could still be the player that we thought he could be and the one we've seem of glimpses this season.

Not sure if the gaffer agrees though.
Nobody is writing him off as a player, I don’t think.
Maybe other than that he has to toughen up for the Scottish game.

I've never understood why we signed this guy after a couple of goodish performances against us. Allen is responsible for targeting potential signings and putting them forward to the manager for appraisal.

There didnt appear to be very much in depth diligence on this player before signing him. Unless we were tracking last season which seems unlikely.

I watched him in the two EL games they played before playing us, and obviously in the two games where he faced us. Many on here did. He was outstanding in all four. I’m sure our scouts would, at the very minimum, have done likewise.

Hasn’t worked at Ibrox for him. Not yet. He looks bereft of any confidence quite honestly. I think his problems are in his head rather than any lack of ability.

I watched him in the two EL games they played before playing us, and obviously in the two games where he faced us. Many on here did. He was outstanding in all four. I’m sure our scouts would, at the very minimum, have done likewise.

Hasn’t worked at Ibrox for him. Not yet. He looks bereft of any confidence quite honestly. I think his problems are in his head rather than any lack of ability.

By no means am I saying Grezda has any influence on Borna, but I would separate them. I know they are mates and that's hard to do but in all honesty Borna came here on fire and started off well.

Just saying as an idea.

Hopefully he finds the battle fever from somewhere and becomes a big player for us next season.
He has an absolute wand of a left foot and great delivery from set pieces and i rate him.
I still say Him and Grezda need a pre-season to prepare and be looked at properly if Gerrard isn't impressed then i back him to make the right and these two and Lafferty and the rest.
C'Mon Borna Bear!

I'd play him on Sunday I think.

Let him play in a game we smash them and get him a taste of what it really means.

Jury’s still out on him.
Looked great again us but has not hit that level of performance with us.

Maybe with a good pre season he will hit the heights?

Like most on here I want all Rangers players to be a success, so on that basis I would give him a full pre-season and if it does not work out for us and him, then he will be gone, all IMO.

I like Borna we as a fan base love to write players off “early”.

Get Borna a proper pre season with the expectations of a physical season and we could see the benefit.

Look at Alfie after preseason was totally trimmed down and in great shape.

I like many fans thought Borna would be a stand out in the SPFL. this season, unfortuneately things haven't worked out for the player as yet, but maybe it's only fair that the boy is given a close season to get him tuned up and get him to the fitness required, to play for Rangers.
I think some foreign players arrive in Scotland, thinking it will be easy to play here, and get a culture shock.So maybe now he'll realise when you put on the blue jersey, every game's a cup final, and not a walk in the park.
Hopefully if S.G. keeps him, he'll step up to the plate and show the fans just how good he is.As we badly need an attacking wing back, that can ballance our play going down the left hand side.

Technically a very good player but needs to knuckle down a bit more to fit into the rough and tumble of the Scottish game. Hopefully we will wait to see what a good pre-season can do for him.

Agree but to be honest, he should be able to handle the rough and tumble of the Scotrish game, as he's a big boy and should be able to look after himself.

I have to say this thread isn't what I expected after I (scan) read the header before opening it.
I was expecting him to be saying how horribly he's been treated blah blah blah but heartened to see that's definitely not the case.
BB is by far and away our best LB but admittedly hasn't set the heather on fire and it's now clear for the reasons for his failure to hit top form.
I'm really looking forward to seeing him next season, fully fit after a good rest and pre-season and playing like the International footballer we know he is!

I’m willing to back him, went to a gers and st mirren game years ago when i never had my ST and thought papac was the worst player i had seen and that turned out well

There is a player there for sure

Reads to me like a guy pleading for another chance.

I imagine Gerrard has a completely different view of events to Barisic though, which is why he’s not getting a game.

On a positive note we’re all arguing now about whether or not a Croatian International is good enough for us.

Progress!

Don't think Barasic fancy the rough and tumble of the SPL. You can't shy away from the physical nature of our game no matter how pish the league is

Fair Enough mate.
I too hope it works out because as you point our the ability is there.

Technically the guy is excellent and has a peach of a left peg imo. But He really needs a change in mentality and needs to get a grip with the physical game here or he will be out. Really want him to succeed and we have seen glimpses of a great player this season.
Pretty much what I think also.
I hope he stays and becomes out 1st choice left back next season

Back