Brondby Away, Copenhagen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone decided on a meetup point, yet? Maybe those who have been before will know. On the face of it, this square looks like the main place and is not far from the railway station.

Rådhuspladsen

2560px-Copenhagen_aerial_view_by_night.jpg

Plenty of better places mate, as posted on the thread earlier it's just a big bit of concrete. Nothing much there really.

That’s true, but they must think they can get there in plenty of time if they have those allocated slots booked. If he could jump in a taxi and get to the airport before the Sport Options buses, he will make it through security in plenty of time. Get there at the same time or after and he might be struggling in amongst a few hundred all arriving at the same time.
It could be more hope than expectation with sportoptions though as they can change the departure time. There are too many unknowns for a scheduled flight. We rarely get out straight away, you need to get a taxi, traffic could be very busy, it's a fairly big airport which would take time to get through even if you are checked in.

Plenty of better places mate, as posted on the thread earlier it's just a big bit of concrete. Nothing much there really.
Fair enough, thanks. I'm happy to take recommendations. Just looking at proximity to station for a hotel and Sports Options uplift /drop off. Thinking of booking in 'The Square' if you know it?

Fair enough, thanks. I'm happy to take recommendations. Just looking at proximity to station for a hotel and Sports Options uplift /drop off. Thinking of booking in 'The Square' if you know it?

No worries. Not to good with the hotels, been a wee while since I've stayed there overnight.

Plenty of suggestions in this thread mind you, imagine there will be a good few from the sports options flights already booked into various hotels.

The 17.20 EasyJet flight from Gatwick on the Wednesday has moved to 7.00 Thursday. They haven't even bothered to tell me, I only found out when I checked the app.

Ryanair are going from Stansted on the Wednesday at 19.40 so moving to that now and hopefully it'll be OK
Thanks for the heads up, I was booked on the same flight and have just checked and sure enough I've been placed on the 07:00 Thursday.

Getting to Gatwick at that time of the morning will be a bit of a nightmare for me.

Thanks for the heads up, I was booked on the same flight and have just checked and sure enough I've been placed on the 07:00 Thursday.

Getting to Gatwick at that time of the morning will be a bit of a nightmare for me.
They finally emailed me this very minute to say so. Have you considered the Ryanair flight on the Wednesday from Stansted? I got it around the same price as the Gatwick one although it's a bit later.

Totally agree, as far as squares go, this one is shite.

If anyone watched the series Forbydelsen (The killing) a few years ago, the big square features a lot in it and in the opening credits.

Got the email earlier today with the same, need to take a night off my Copenhagen hotel booking and book one at Gatwick now.

Got the email earlier today with the same, need to take a night off my Copenhagen hotel booking and book one at Gatwick now.
You could also take a refund and go with the Ryanair from Stansted on the Wednesday morning or evening. It's still quite cheap

You could also take a refund and go with the Ryanair from Stansted on the Wednesday morning or evening. It's still quite cheap
Looked at it but decided to stick with the rearranged flight, saving around £90 taking into account the difference between the hotels in Copenhagen and at Gatwick, can't get down to Stansted for the Wednesday morning flight without an extra night hotel stay either, plus the wee man has school on the Tuesday.

Don't get lured in by the name of the Scottish Pub, it's a complete shithole, tacky tartan paper peeling from the walls and a bisons head, its just a dark gloomy dump.

Theres absolutely nothing Scottish on offer apart from that floral pish Brewdog Punk IPA, and youll end up spending 60KR on a flat Tuborg/Carlsberg that has a wierdly buttery smell to it.

There are plenty other options available, Studiesgade and Vestergade have good options and are literally just off the square.

Gothersgade is about a 15 minute walk from square and has also plenty decent options.

Don't get lured in by the name of the Scottish Pub, it's a complete shithole, tacky tartan paper peeling from the walls and a bisons head, its just a dark gloomy dump.

Theres absolutely nothing Scottish on offer apart from that floral pish Brewdog Punk IPA, and youll end up spending 60KR on a flat Tuborg/Carlsberg that has a wierdly buttery smell to it.

There are plenty other options available, Studiesgade and Vestergade have good options and are literally just off the square.

Gothersgade is about a 15 minute walk from square and has also plenty decent options.
From their facebook It looks like they do a pint for 35KR midweek but no doubt bump it up when we come.

From their facebook It looks like they do a pint for 35KR midweek but no doubt bump it up when we come.
Yeah I think they still do that midweek when there are UCL/UEL games to try encourage people in, I worked for them for a year, so this is first hand knowledge, their taps are stinking and the beers are honestly awful. Its dark and dingy with no soul or atmosphere, they layout is pretty poor as well, theres no room to move around, theyve got their "dancefloor" right at the entrance and it can be a complete hassle to try get in and past them if people are on it. I sound like I have an agenda against them, but they truly are an awful bar, the owners dont really give a shit about anything else other than making profits.

Also, I was there back in 2016, and when Leicester played FC Copenhagen they upped their prices and were using plastic cups that were under a pint, so I'd imagine if they would try the same with us knowing we'd take good numbers over.

Yeah I think they still do that midweek when there are UCL/UEL games to try encourage people in, I worked for them for a year, so this is first hand knowledge, their taps are stinking and the beers are honestly awful. Its dark and dingy with no soul or atmosphere, they layout is pretty poor as well, theres no room to move around, theyve got their "dancefloor" right at the entrance and it can be a complete hassle to try get in and past them if people are on it. I sound like I have an agenda against them, but they truly are an awful bar, the owners dont really give a shit about anything else other than making profits.

Also, I was there back in 2016, and when Leicester played FC Copenhagen they upped their prices and were using plastic cups that were under a pint, so I'd imagine if they would try the same with us knowing we'd take good numbers over.
you got sacked didn't you :)

It sounds like it because im a bitter so and so towards them, but no, I left for a better job with more guarenteed hours. They were just dross to work for, sacking me would've done me a favour.
How much are we looking at for a pint over there roughly?

I’ve seen many suggesting Irish bars that are that in name only, I know plenty guys that will refuse to go in anyway!

How much are we looking at for a pint over there roughly?

I’ve seen many suggesting Irish bars that are that in name only, I know plenty guys that will refuse to go in anyway!
Depends where you go to be honest, theres the small independent bars, chain owned bars and then the absolute tourist traps.

Old Irish Pub do 20KR Pints of Tuborg Green midweek.

The average for Carlsberg/Tuborg is around 45KR, but you'll find bars that charge 30KR and others that charge upto 60KR, anything over 50 for me personally is a bit of a pisstake.

Avoid eating and drinking at Nyhavn, a complete tourist trap.

Depends where you go to be honest, theres the small independent bars, chain owned bars and then the absolute tourist traps.

Old Irish Pub do 20KR Pints of Tuborg Green midweek.

The average for Carlsberg/Tuborg is around 45KR, but you'll find bars that charge 30KR and others that charge upto 60KR, anything over 50 for me personally is a bit of a pisstake.

Avoid eating and drinking at Nyhavn, a complete tourist trap.
Unfortunately there are two things wrong with this section and it’s not the price haha.

Unfortunately there are two things wrong with this section and it’s not the price haha.
Haha I get what you mean, Tuborg Green is just standard Tuborg, you'll also find Tuborg Classic and Tuborg Ra, Classic is a darker Vienna style beer and Ra is a cloudy unfiltered/unpasturised version of standard Tuborg. Carlsberg is the proper stuff as well, none of the weak exported stuff.

Old Irish is the unfortunately the cheapest draft beer youll find, shame about their name however, majority of bars now seem to charge 35KR for bottles and pints now seem to be coming in at 50KR.

The outside crate job isnt a bad idea, however it wont be too warm, and as others have mentioned, the only reasonable places to meet are a few of the city squares, which are just a concrete square with a few fast food outlets and a few shops around them.

Haha I get what you mean, Tuborg Green is just standard Tuborg, you'll also find Tuborg Classic and Tuborg Ra, Classic is a darker Vienna style beer and Ra is a cloudy unfiltered/unpasturised version of standard Tuborg. Carlsberg is the proper stuff as well, none of the weak exported stuff.

Old Irish is the unfortunately the cheapest draft beer youll find, shame about their name however, majority of bars now seem to charge 35KR for bottles and pints now seem to be coming in at 50KR.

The outside crate job isnt a bad idea, however it wont be too warm, and as others have mentioned, the only reasonable places to meet are a few of the city squares, which are just a concrete square with a few fast food outlets and a few shops around them.

Do you have a MobilePay account? :D

If it’s the same place, it was like that when it opened in the early 90s. Was in it once and never went back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back