Bury FC phoenix club

Been asked to put this on for the guys down there, I know it's not a good time for one and all just now, but if 12 of us donate a fiver it gets them an annual membership gives them a helping hand to get a good start.
Hi Billy, who could have imagined when you first posted this that we would have a pandemic, an abandoned season and now in pole position to finish as Champions.

A massive thanks to you and all of the fantastic Rangers fans who have supported us through these troubled times, it means so much to us.
And hoping Rangers do the league and Europa Cup double, that would be special.
WATP

Watched a video recently of a young lad and his father walking around their abandoned ground. Really strange and quite saddening
The ground, Gigg Lane, has now been aquired out of administration by a group consisting of an American based (Bury born) 'benefactor', Peter Alexander, who has contributed £500k, the group of businessmen known as EST, who appeared in 2021, and the Forever Bury Supporters Trust who have just changed their name to the Bury FC Supporters Society.

There has been a political group involving Greater Manchester Council and Bury Council

The actual details are all secret but it is known a £1M grant from the govt has been granted, which Peter Alexander had to match fund. (So assumed he wants paying back)

This group has been granted the potential of a further £450k from Bury Council

They have not been able to afford to buy Bury FC out of administration, which still exists.

So all should be good you might think.
But back in 2019 at the time of Bury FC being expelled from the English Football League, the Forever Bury Supporters Trust held a Town Hall meeting and the agreed way forward included Bury FC fans establishing a football team by the FA deadline date of January 2020, successfully achieved, now called Bury AFC with 100% fan ownership, one member one vote , and on this coming Sunday will hopefully become the Champions of the tier ten division they were placed in by the FA at the bottom of the football pyramid.

But now EST and Forever Bury Supporters Trust want to create a third club, after claiming all along they were saving the original Bury FC and even now pretending this is so. BUT they have been unable to get a league placing or FA membership, they have no team or structure, and they can not use the name Bury FC as it still exists in administration.

All is silent at the moment, there are meant to be talks between the different parties and it is a case of wait and see how this pans out

The saga continues ..

The ground, Gigg Lane, has now been aquired out of administration by a group consisting of an American based (Bury born) 'benefactor', Peter Alexander, who has contributed £500k, the group of businessmen known as EST, who appeared in 2021, and the Forever Bury Supporters Trust who have just changed their name to the Bury FC Supporters Society.

There has been a political group involving Greater Manchester Council and Bury Council

The actual details are all secret but it is known a £1M grant from the govt has been granted, which Peter Alexander had to match fund. (So assumed he wants paying back)

This group has been granted the potential of a further £450k from Bury Council

They have not been able to afford to buy Bury FC out of administration, which still exists.

So all should be good you might think.
But back in 2019 at the time of Bury FC being expelled from the English Football League, the Forever Bury Supporters Trust held a Town Hall meeting and the agreed way forward included Bury FC fans establishing a football team by the FA deadline date of January 2020, successfully achieved, now called Bury AFC with 100% fan ownership, one member one vote , and on this coming Sunday will hopefully become the Champions of the tier ten division they were placed in by the FA at the bottom of the football pyramid.

But now EST and Forever Bury Supporters Trust want to create a third club, after claiming all along they were saving the original Bury FC and even now pretending this is so. BUT they have been unable to get a league placing or FA membership, they have no team or structure, and they can not use the name Bury FC as it still exists in administration.

All is silent at the moment, there are meant to be talks between the different parties and it is a case of wait and see how this pans out

The saga continues ..
Do you ever see the original club returning?

Hi Billy, who could have imagined when you first posted this that we would have a pandemic, an abandoned season and now in pole position to finish as Champions.

A massive thanks to you and all of the fantastic Rangers fans who have supported us through these troubled times, it means so much to us.
And hoping Rangers do the league and Europa Cup double, that would be special.
WATP
You guys all deserve to see the club become champions, you stuck with it and even the coach and players of afc bought into it and were like fans playing for the fans, amazing achievement and hopefully the first of many, anything that we've done to help you has been a pleasure and well done fellow bears, but this is about Bury afc and the town too and obviously each one of the fans who backed it 100 percent

Do you ever see the original club returning?

The original club is limping towards liquidation, but not sure how long that will be as the club is in administration and the receiver went for an extra year extension .

The best hope in my opinion would be if Bury AFC could ultimately change if the membership voted for it and the FA permitted it in a few years time

However, the group that now own the ground continue to play out their claim of saving Bury FC based on them owning the ground.
They are looking to form a new club and pretend it is the old one

There is still some way to go before the full picture emerges

I fancy going down to their game this weekend.
If you are going to the game, do introduce yourself to the fans, in particular if you find the guys putting the flags up. I will let them know you are going if you like
And say hello to Anne at the turnstile

I am unlikely to get to the game myself as i have got tonsilitis, otherwise i would have met you too

Last edited:
It is down to the last two league games of our season for us now.
The top of the division shows:

Bury AFC 34 games goal diff 53 points 83
Holker OB 33 games goal diff 41 points 75

Holker Old Boys play on Saturday at home, they have to win to keep their chance alive

Bury AFC play on Sunday at home against bottom team St Helens, already relegated
We must not lose this game.
It will be our best home crowd yet and the atmosphere will be a carnival.

If we stay focussed then on Sunday, the new Champions of the North West Counties League Division One will be Bury AFC

Thank you to all of you fabulous Rangers fans who have supported us, you have been the best. No other way to describe you.
There are too many but thanks to everyone

@acousticblue @mdingwall @Shengus Malengus @jimmy5141 @BiopsyJones @ICM @Ticketybloo @GazzaG @Blue Steel @Buzz07 @Amadeus @davyloyal @looway @GazzaLegemd @Dadosgirl @umop_3plsdn @Cooperfan @niloC @huistrasleftpeg @Cuparbear @Chas @rangersno.1 @Bearsdenloyal @djgers @Simply a Bear @das @BlueBritain @WBD @grant1986 @Oso azul @Tommyhlrsc @Grigo Yossarian @perthpastmaster @camioni @Rangers72 @Wildgoose74 @William Riddick @neilyblueboy07 @Malbec @Davie Weir
Apologies for not naming more
You are all amazing
Cheers
Graeme

If you are going to the game, do introduce yourself to the fans, in particular if you find the guys putting the flags up. I will let them know you are going if you like
And say hello to Anne at the turnstile

I am unlikely to get to the game myself as i have got tonsilitis, otherwise i would have met you too
Glad you can now make the game and have a great day.B-D

You know something? I just can't shake this Bury x metaverse/NFT idea.

It's bold. It's brave. It's just different. Bury NFTs for the people to buy; folk around the world ploughing in thousands (if not even millions) of cold hard cash to support the club and own a little piece of history. It's just unhinged genius.

Shakers, start your engines. I'm going to look into follow up on this with some important people and then I'll feed back.

An article that almost explains the Bury issue

This is my view at the moment.

Bury FC still exists in administration owned by asset stripping Bury FC Chairman steve dale, who got Bury FC expelled from the EFL.

The Forever Bury Town Hall meeting in 2019 agreed the Bury FC fans establish the Phoenix football team, Bury AFC, to meet the FA deadline date of January 2020

In 2021 a secret unelected group called EST, saw an opportunity to aquire Gigg Lane out of administration, and they needed the community status of Forever Bury to obtain grant funding. They now own Gigg Lane and are trying to establish a third club. They want 49% of the setup whilst controlling the other 51 %.

Bury AFC are the 2022 Champions of the NWCFL Division One

Talks are ongoing

The skulduggery continues as today the administrator held a shareholder meeting for Bury Football Club Company Ltd 00053268
Steve dale owns about 93%, somehow manipulated over 11M.

A general meeting of shareholders of BFC is to be held at Gigg on 31 March 2022 with the sole purpose of changing the name of the current BFC to "CCFB realisations 2022 Ltd" This has come about because the the recent SPA with Gigg Lane Stadium Ltd to buy the ground also included the right to use the name of the company (BFC).

Did the vote pass?

Yes, basically means the old Bury FC will now become "CCFB Realisations 2022 Limited" and one of the companies set up by EST/FB, "Gigg Lane Stadium" (I think) will then take the name "Bury Football Club Company Limited".

Now try and explain to the world that it isn't the "true" Bury!

To be fair some hard questions were asked of Wiseglass and it did become quite heated, but he basically used the "couldn't comment as still under investigation" line

Update on Gigg Lane Discussions

In the statement released to members on 11th March 2022 we explained that we were taking legal advice in connection with a Non Disclosure Agreement that we had been asked to sign. We can now confirm that having obtained that advice a Non Disclosure Agreement has been entered into with Gigg Lane Stadium Limited.

Throughout the process of settling the agreement we have made it clear that our fundamental principles of transparency and communication must not be compromised. We are satisfied that we have signed an agreement on terms that will enable us to receive and review the key information relating to Gigg Lane and report to members as and when required.

The signing of the Non Disclosure Agreement enables the discussions to continue with the next stage being all stakeholders signing a Memorandum of Understanding.

This will not be a legally binding arrangement and will give us the framework for providing information to, and obtaining feedback from, members ahead of any vote taking place.

Back