Caixinha wins Copa MX Apetrua

He had a terrible start there aswell, fans throwing bottles at him etc and he has turned it around.

He sussed out the refs and the poets right away and always defended us, it just never worked or looked like working out

As soon as he put Jon Toral (remember him?!) at CB in his first match the writing was on the wall.

Can someone please clarify what this trophy is for before we try and re-write history and pretend we should have stuck with this numpty?

Gerrard's domestic record is similar to Pedro's here. Have we blundered in sacking the trophy winning ace?

Pedro Caixinha
Thu 29/06/17 UEL Rangers 1 - 0 Progrès Niederkorn
Tue 04/07/17 UEL Progrès Niederkorn 2 - 0 Rangers

Steven Gerrard
Thu 12/07/18 UEL Rangers 2 - 0 Shkupi
Tue 17/07/18 UEL Shkupi 0 - 0 Rangers
Thu 26/07/18 UEL Osijek 0 - 1 Rangers
Thu 02/08/18 UEL Rangers 1 - 1 Osijek
Thu 09/08/18 UEL Rangers 3 - 1 Maribor
Thu 16/08/18 UEL Maribor 0 - 0 Rangers
Thu 23/08/18 UEL Rangers 1 - 0 Ufa
Thu 30/08/18 UEL Ufa 1 - 1 Rangers
Thu 20/09/18 UEL Villarreal 2 - 2 Rangers
Thu 04/10/18 UEL Rangers 3 - 1 Rapid Wien
Thu 25/10/18 UEL Rangers 0 - 0 Spartak Moskva

Similar record indeed mate, why don't you do one

And yes I am aware you said DOMESTIC record, well when Gerrards team gets humped by the tims 5-1 at home then maybe then you can make some kind of comparison but until then.

As for El Matador Pedro I would prefer never to hear of this guys name ever again, the worst Rangers manager in our HISTORY! I do not wish him well or wish him anything, I don't care about him (and before some smart arse says why you replying on this thread, it's to defend our current manager!!)

He had a vision of Rangers playing as a Latin team would in a Latin country.Unfortunately, Glasgow ain't Latin apart from the papes who run it and he failed. Good luck to him anyway and well done Pedro.

Pedro's Rangers were kicked off the pitch in a League Cup semi-final on the Sunday, and then drew midweek to Killie in one of the most bizarre games in years. I still think if he'd beaten Killie he'd have been kept on.

I've looked in to the Copa MX and I am not understanding this "diddy trophy for being ahead half through the season." It looks like a genuine cup set up with games being isolated from the league?

still one of the worst management hires in our history ,pished money away that we couldnt afford to lose .

Just need Pena to come back in January now and show he's the creative genius we need in midfield and a whole load of you are going to look really silly for having chased Pedro

I’ll never forgive Kenny Miller for allowing the manager of Glasgow Rangers , Pedro , to be squared up to and jostled on the touchline by the ned Scott Brown , while he sat on the bench grinning and doing Fck all .

Pedro didn’t fit in Scottish football but he certainly wasn’t helped either .

That was the moment which finished me with Kenny Miller as well.

Aye decent bloke etc. Spent millions on utter pish then got a handsome pay off for being shite. Decent guy though. FFS

I don’t understand this line of thinking at all. Are you saying that because he wasn’t right for the job people shouldn’t acknowledge that he wasn’t a prick of a man?

Congratulations to Pedro.

Always liked him and I thought he improved us. Unluckiest manager I ever saw. Never got a single refereeing decision going for him and how on earth you end up drawing a must win game where you have a penalty and are 1-0 up in injury time.

Its interesting he was sacked for getting 18 points from 10 games. Same as we have this season. I remember arguing with a poster who told me that he would support any Rangers manager being sacked who only got 18 points from 10 games. Would love to find that thread.

“Found his level”

Mwuhaha, fans temporarily forgetting we’re in the SPL, because we’re flying and Mexico really struggle to produce quality players and get to world cups don’t they!

I dont think many will be feeling like we should have persevered with him, ultimately he was a square peg in a round hole, it was never going to work. However, the way he was treated by many was absolutely classless and still is, as though he he was an agent from the dark side who came in and purposefully did a poor job. No wonder these dullards have kept quiet about him in recent months, wasn’t that long ago they were all in a wee circle jerk together (with the Scottish press I might add) anytime Cruz lost a game.

A foreign manager will never be allowed to work here unless they’ve a huge name and CV to back them up. The media treatment of him was fücking scandalous.
Compare and contrast to NL once again. Rangers managers are absolutely pounded for every single word/comment they make. And if they can't criticise/sneer/patronise, they'll twist their words just so they can.

Yet some others, who actually behave intolerably are protected and excused.

Folk have to be careful of the manipulation especially in the mhedia towards our club and staff.
When things don't go well the hard of thinking may adopt the wrong views and we can be attacked from within.
Sutton, Hartson, etc in broad daylight and Liewell, Reid,etc from the shadows...
Hartson carrying on the mantra that Morelos is a hot head, costing the team important appearances and can't be trusted in general, with Kenny Miller in attendance saying nothing in the studio before the sheep semi game.
But for anyone watching Alfie this season you can tell there's a massive difference in the way he reacts in situations all down to the present coaching staff as it is with most young men making their way in life.
We demand success as a support, make sure your reactions or opinions are your own.

Worst manager in our history and it wouldn’t bother me if he never won a game of football again.

Well done to the guy.
My main dislike concerns the bulk of the players he brought to us and their relatively high cost.

He had a terrible start there aswell, fans throwing bottles at him etc and he has turned it around.

He sussed out the refs and the poets right away and always defended us, it just never worked or looked like working out
The three points against Hibs and the further two against Kilmarnock sunk him.
But for me, the loss in Europe was something he could never ever recover from.

But good luck to him, he obviously understands Mexican football in a manner he probably never could in Scotland.
Last night Clarke sent Kilmarnock out to waste time from the moment they crossed the white line, they were obviously instructed to spoil, obstruct and foul their way to a result, all of the time pushing at the very edge of the rules with a compliant referee.
This morning he was lauded as a tactical genius and an inspiration by the Scottish phress.

We are now playing a different game in Scotland.

Last edited:
A lovely man. Handsome. Intelligent. Charming.

Unfortunately for him it was the wrong place at the wrong time. Can’t blame the guy for taking the job though; it was the chance of a lifetime.

Great to see him doing well.

Pedro's Rangers were kicked off the pitch in a League Cup semi-final on the Sunday, and then drew midweek to Killie in one of the most bizarre games in years. I still think if he'd beaten Killie he'd have been kept on.

Nah it was a matter of time. He clearly had no idea what he was doing with regard football in our country. I think even as early as the Celtic games the prior season, some on the board must have been thinking, "wait a fucking minute", then the European debacle all but sealed his fate. He would have needed an almost flawless start to domestic season to even suggest he was on the right track. .

As much as our domestic form has been pretty woeful this season, I have no doubt that Gerrard, Gary McAllister etc. all know what is required and are working hard to fix things. I don't think that was ever the case with Caixinha.

Pedro Caixinha
Thu 29/06/17 UEL Rangers 1 - 0 Progrès Niederkorn
Tue 04/07/17 UEL Progrès Niederkorn 2 - 0 Rangers

Steven Gerrard
Thu 12/07/18 UEL Rangers 2 - 0 Shkupi
Tue 17/07/18 UEL Shkupi 0 - 0 Rangers
Thu 26/07/18 UEL Osijek 0 - 1 Rangers
Thu 02/08/18 UEL Rangers 1 - 1 Osijek
Thu 09/08/18 UEL Rangers 3 - 1 Maribor
Thu 16/08/18 UEL Maribor 0 - 0 Rangers
Thu 23/08/18 UEL Rangers 1 - 0 Ufa
Thu 30/08/18 UEL Ufa 1 - 1 Rangers
Thu 20/09/18 UEL Villarreal 2 - 2 Rangers
Thu 04/10/18 UEL Rangers 3 - 1 Rapid Wien
Thu 25/10/18 UEL Rangers 0 - 0 Spartak Moskva

Similar record indeed mate, why don't you do one

And yes I am aware you said DOMESTIC record, well when Gerrards team gets humped by the tims 5-1 at home then maybe then you can make some kind of comparison but until then.

As for El Matador Pedro I would prefer never to hear of this guys name ever again, the worst Rangers manager in our HISTORY! I do not wish him well or wish him anything, I don't care about him (and before some smart arse says why you replying on this thread, it's to defend our current manager!!)

Domestic football is our bread and butter, you have gone to the bother of posting European results how about the domestic results.

The guy took over a pile of p!sh, spent way less than Gerrard has but has a similar record to Gerrard domestically. I think I read some where Pedro actually has a higher win % than Gerrard.

Do I want him back ? no but wish him no ill, well done to him and good luck going forward.

Many saying he is not suited to the UK.

I don't think that English and Scottish football are even on the same page, it's hammer throwing Scottish football that he struggled with, and filth Bheast media goons. I don't think I could compare another league to the Scottish top flight, it's hideous with its hammer throwers , chunts like St Midden, Livingston, Motherwell and Hibs.

It is a horrible league, with some horrible players and disgusting mentalities, which we are stuck in.

I am sure Pedro could steer an English Championship or league one club and hold his own.

Our problem is we are up against everyone giving 110%, every team that plays us is playing a cup final.

Domestic football is our bread and butter, you have gone to the bother of posting European results how about the domestic results.

The guy took over a pile of p!sh, spent way less than Gerrard has but has a similar record to Gerrard domestically. I think I read some where Pedro actually has a higher win % than Gerrard.

Do I want him back ? no but wish him no ill, well done to him and good luck going forward.

Ok here's one for you

Gerrard
Scum 1-0 Rangers

Matador
Rangers 1-5 Scum

The man was an embarrassment end of story

Posting on here about what he's done means absolutely nothing to Rangers and Rangers is all I care about

He could go on and become the king of Mexico for all I care , he was shite at Rangers

Was Pedro a terrible coach OR did the players not buy into what he was trying to do. The scottish mentality seems to be: anything new is wrong. That said, some of his signings were terrible.:D

Aye, we’ve struggled the last few years because Scottish football is too rough for us.

Good for him. He's a great manager in Mexico which makes it weird that he's never had the same impact elsewhere

Nice one Pedro!

The press and a lot of our fans had him beat before his plane landed here.

Was Pedro a terrible coach OR did the players not buy into what he was trying to do. The scottish mentality seems to be: anything new is wrong. That said, some of his signings were terrible.:D
His signings were in the main, awful. He also had a very average record everywhere other than in Mexico. He was so far out of his depth here it was unreal.

Decent text book coach but bought players who were not up to the standard required for the Scottish game. His insane spending on diddys has cost us plenty. Good luck to him though.

Ok here's one for you

Gerrard
Scum 1-0 Rangers

Matador
Rangers 1-5 Scum

The man was an embarrassment end of story

Posting on here about what he's done means absolutely nothing to Rangers and Rangers is all I care about

He could go on and become the king of Mexico for all I care , he was shite at Rangers

Dick Advocaat lost 5-1 and 6-2 to the mentally challengeds despite spending 10 times if not 20/30 times what Pedro spent.

Stop waffling alot of PISH.

Dick Advocaat lost 5-1 and 6-2 to the mentally challengeds despite spending 10 times if not 20/30 times what Pedro spent.

Stop waffling alot of PISH.

Good one mate, let's go back 15/20 years to a different stratosphere of football where it's totally incomparable circumstances

Advocaat lost some matches against them but won more than his fair share and humped them plenty so I've no idea what you're "waffling" on about

Caixinha never laid a glove on them and never would have, even if you doubled or trebled his transfer budget. The fact he could spunk around 4 million on Carlos Pena and Herrera should be testament to that.

I don't know about you, but I like to call a spade a spade, and quite frankly ...Pedro was shite for us, end of.

And it matters not a jot to me what he does from now on, because all I care about is Rangers, I don't know why that bothers some people.

He left us in a state which Gerrard is going to take time to fix. I don't wish him well or ill, I just don't care. He's history and should stay that way. Am I bitter? A little, but moreso at the board for appointing him.

“Found his level”

Mwuhaha, fans temporarily forgetting we’re in the SPL, because we’re flying and Mexico really struggle to produce quality players and get to world cups don’t they!

I dont think many will be feeling like we should have persevered with him, ultimately he was a square peg in a round hole, it was never going to work. However, the way he was treated by many was absolutely classless and still is, as though he he was an agent from the dark side who came in and purposefully did a poor job. No wonder these dullards have kept quiet about him in recent months, wasn’t that long ago they were all in a wee circle jerk together (with the Scottish press I might add) anytime Cruz lost a game.

True I wonder if the Daily Retard … (and no I’m not talking about Gordon Dalziel or Mark Wilson…but that’s an easy mistake to make) will report this triumph.
Always eager to jump on Pedro when he’s not been this fortunate!

Back