Cake chaos - copper demoted for football banter over birthday cake

She was daft to comment in the first place however the punishment, does, in this case not fit the crime, a joke in itself, the grassing prick, I would hope will be held in utter contempt by their fellow officers, absolute farce.

my brother in his old job got pulled for having banter with one of them a few years ago. even though my brother laughed off the other guys banter as you would do, the other guy went the other way and reported him for being sectarian.

this is why I have very few if any celtic minded mates either at work or at home! snakes the lot of them!

My son got called the H word by one of them by email when he was 18/19 and new to the game. He showed me the email. I told him not to report it but keep it safe and avoid the pr1ck in future

A few weeks later the snake complained to bosses about my son snubbing him. He showed them the email, explained he didn’t want to cause trouble. Bosses thought the world of him for that and snake got binned!

They are repugnant

Taking an objective view in it, imo, they are right to throw the book at her.

Taking a bias religious stance whilst working for the police force (particularly in the west of Scotland) is wrong.

However, the person bringing the cake in should also have been repremanded.

Everyone knows we live in a super offended world (unfortunately) so we need to sensor our thoughts and actions accordingly.

I wish we lived in days where banter was banter, but it isn't.

Hopefully she is given the opportunity to rebuild her career

She was daft to comment in the first place however the punishment, does, in this case not fit the crime, a joke in itself, the grassing prick, I would hope will be held in utter contempt by their fellow officers, absolute farce.

He or she will be a hero.

A turnkey I know that works in Govan HQ says he works along side some of the most bitter mentally challengeds he's ever came across

including high ranking plod.

Taking a bias religious stance whilst working for the police force (particularly in the west of Scotland) is wrong.

Everyone knows we live in a super offended world (unfortunately) so we need to sensor our thoughts and actions accordingly.

You have a point but this West of Scotland disease is getting out of control. Where is the line between banter and offence? Seems this lady has Been incredibly harshly dealt with.

The government need to sort this problem from edindburgh properly with purpose. If sectarian banter is banned then both ways with clear lines. And an attack on the underlying principals. He education system.

They are like Scottish Nationalists, so humourless and insecure in their cults that they have to resort to grassing and intimidation of the 'other side' in order to get their way

Very sad

What is it with that lot and being unable to have a bit of banter.

A shower of snakes and grasses.
Gillian is very good at her job which by the looks of it seems like office banter has been victimised by an agenda and not by real misconduct in the full sense of the word. I hope the guy who made the report against her never gains a sense of humour.

You have a point but this West of Scotland disease is getting out of control. Where is the line between banter and offence? Seems this lady has Been incredibly harshly dealt with.

The government need to sort this problem from edindburgh properly with purpose. If sectarian banter is banned then both ways with clear lines. And an attack on the underlying principals. He education system.

The Scottish government - whether Labour or SNP - is ultimately responsible for this kind of nonsense.

They've been courting the Catholic Vote (and those of other so-called 'minorities') and couldn't care less about collateral damage.

The line between banter and offence is defined simply by the relative potential of gaining an advantage or seeking retribution.

seriously, Chief inspector to copper for an inhouse bit of banter.

More proof you need to be careful around them. Ive seen similar behaviour working in a bank, they start conversations in order to be offended

Even worse its happening in the police, but it explains the arrest numbers. Bears should make sure they have witnesses anytime they're pulled up at a match

Pathetic. Absolutely Pathetic. I seriously do worry about the state of this country at times. An experienced police officer gets demoted for that? Come on. You would think they've got worse things to worry about. Obviously not. Said it before.
Pathetic.:mad::mad:

Can you imagine West Ham or Millwall supporting coppers grassing up one of their colleagues for taking the piss out of one another?

They simply wouldn't shame themselves like those ambulance-chasing freaks.
Not yet, but give it time

Scotland are leading the way in the offence industry

This stuff has been going on for years.

On a smaller scale I remember I did work experience in some factory in port Glasgow. I must have been about 16. Anyway, the whole team was Celtic fans and they basically slagged me all week for being a rangers fan. I took it in good spirits. On the final day they told me to tell a joke so I said an anti Celtic joke (can’t remember it now. Probably awful). Anyway they took it terribly. Hardly spoke to me again until I left and didn’t have a whip round or anything.

Real petty bunch of you dare to joke with them.

So police scotland, like that rancid church and filthy excuse for a football club can be added to the list of those who'd rather the abuse was kept quiet.

This is why I would shy away from any level of workplace banter with Celtic supporters - it happens incredibly infrequently for me in any case but I just avoid it.

Even on Facebook with people I’ve known for over 30 years who are Bheggars - I just don’t engage in it with them. Within 4 returns of “banter” it’s all about Catholics, Ireland or Sevco - every time. It is all they want to talk about.

The Scottish government - whether Labour or SNP - is ultimately responsible for this kind of nonsense.

They've been courting the Catholic Vote (and those of other so-called 'minorities') and couldn't care less about collateral damage.

The line between banter and offence is defined simply by the relative potential of gaining an advantage or seeking retribution.
You have point but all parties refuse to tackle this issue. something needs done. ASAP.

Feck me a joke which let's be honest has reasonable argument given the hundreds of thousands of legal written evidence of abuse.
The minute they are reminded about home truths they go all falling down.
How can this sort of punishment stand up in Scottish law?

As previous poster said the minute she admits she is wrong is her downfall.
I'm sure a certain rangers minded QC would have helped her out as the factual evidence is staggering. So making a colloquial joke yes may be offensive but a joke none the less
I know a guy who was a Sgt and a black officer took umbrage that he scored another officer higher than him in a fitness test.

The black officer complained the said Sgt made a racist joke and got two others to back him up.

The Sgt was immediately suspended before they carried out any investigation.

Once they did the two backing up the black guy admitted the Sgt did not make a racist joke and that they were coerced by the black officer.

Nothing happened to black officer or the other two.

The Sgt, who admitted telling a joke, was taken up on discipline charges and found guilty at a hearing for telling a joke that may offend someone, somewhere at sometime. He was demoted and shunned by Strathclyde senior management.

It took him years to get back to where he should have and the only reason he did was he engaged a QC who got hold of the hearing tape ( had to go to court to get them) and the QC was going to play them in court as the ex Sgt was suing Strathclyde Police. A deal struck as they didn’t want to be shown up how corrupt they were. The 3 liars admitted on tape they were liars.

Laughing my arse off at the problems and suspensions that senior management in Police Scotland are now having to deal with. From being bullies and promoting the bhoys on their side to getting it hard is brilliant.

Police Scotland is full of hunks who grass each other up at the first opportunity. They have filled it with all kinds who are not able to carry out the job but are happy to rat on anyone they can.

The incompetence from the bottom to the top, the Scottish Police Authority, PIRC and their political masters is unbelievable.

Who suffers of course, Joe Public

Agree with this .

She showed a lack of understanding and awareness for a senior' cop to not expect those actions would have that outcome

Don't see how it's religious bigotry.

History tells us no young child is safe in amongst those filthy poets. The Catholic Church is the most disgusting horrible institution on this whole earth.

What that poor woman said was nothing but facts.
What she said is fact, the problem is they can't handle facts.
Only is Scotland would this make front page news and hanging effegies of fellow supporters doesn't.

Reactions: CR4

Wrong on both counts.
I've got a Signed Rangers pic on my office wall and a Rangers calendar. The only people that would be offended by that would be a bigot and should be treated as such.

The senior cop should have been aware of the sensibilities of the moronic bigot who complained about her and maybe, just maybe, someone should have had a quiet word with her to be more careful who she engages in banter with. Without knowing the full details it seems like total over the top action has been taken against her.

You have point but all parties refuse to tackle this issue. something needs done. ASAP.

It depends what you mean by 'this issue'.

With no government/media input, sectarianism in Scotland (in its truest sense, not the superficial rubbish that attempts to confine it to football songs) would gradually diminish.

We've now had two decades of the establishment's crusade against 'sectarianism' and can reasonably pose the question - are things really getting better?

It certainly doesn't look like it.

Wrong on both counts.
I've got a Signed Rangers pic on my office wall and a Rangers calendar. The only people that would be offended by that would be a bigot and should be treated as such.

The senior cop should have been aware of the sensibilities of the moronic bigot who complained about her and maybe, just maybe, someone should have had a quiet word with her to be more careful who she engages in banter with. Without knowing the full details it seems like total over the top action has been taken against her.
Obviously we only know what's written, but she has made a link between a Celtic cake and turned it into a point about religion and used it for some form of wind up based on that. (However true). It would be wrong for the street cop to do that, let alone someone with a high level of influence.

What if she was involved in some case that involved the Catholic Church and abuse. The defence would have a field day if nothing was done about it and it came out.

We all know the problems that the Catholic Church pose, but she was wrong.

The size of the punishment is up for debate.

There are numerous professions where impartiality is a must. The police being one.

Obviously we only know what's written, but she has made a link between a Celtic cake and turned it into a point about religion and used it for some form of wind up based on that. (However true). It would be wrong for the street cop to do that, let alone someone with a high level of influence.

What if she was involved in some case that involved the Catholic Church and abuse. The defence would have a field day if nothing was done about it and it came out.

There are numerous professions where impartiality is a must. The police being one.

From someone who was there......

It was not the topic that got her.

It was the use of the word f3nian

It's yet another example of what those rat bastards get up to.

Can't take a joke so they go running to the bosses. Filthy fucks.
The police and the rhats are two of the most detestable groups in society. They are perfect bedfellows and both Anti-Rangers to the core.

The police impartial?! Not a chance. What did they do when we were being taunted by sex dolls, portraying Rangers fans and Protestants?

Not enough evidence for a court case but a fine officer demoted on the same evidence? She will be reinstated om appeal I hope - 3 rank demotion is way over top - a rap on knuckles enough. So even Police are riddled with bheasts now ?

The good thing is that she's not going down quietly. I was told thst some of the cops who were present were put under pressure to provide a statement indicating that failure to do so would result in discipline of them. She's making a complaint about the whole thing. Police Scotland is a joke from top to bottom. You only need to look at the shenanigans of the ACC who is fooked. He's a sleazy little bastard anyway.

Its a sad day when a bit of office banter results in disciplinary action and makes the newspapers. Back in the day this kind of comment would have been run of the mill and nobody would have raised an eyebrow never mind a complaint.

A mate of mine, who's now fairly high in the police and a Tim (I know) always tells a story of when he first joined and was policing an orange walk. His sergeant thought it would be really funny if he put my mate right at the front of the walkers and he could be the leader. No one took offence and he still thinks it's funny to this day.

I know Ruth she is a good bluenose.
However she would not respond to seeing a cake by saying that, there seems to be missing banter between the group with the cake and her where it has escalated.
However grown adults eating a Celtc cake at work would suggest that football banter was the norm.
Unfortunately Ruth has paid the penalty but 3 ranks is disgusting.

I absolutely despise everything about the way the cult conduct their miserable, sleekit lives.

Has there ever been a case of a teacher employed in an RC school in Scotland reporting abuse of a child by a member of this cult to the police or the authorities? No I haven't heard of one either. Given the scale of these crimes both in Scotland and worldwide it defies belief that no teacher has identified such a crime or had concerns for a child or children. We all know what would happen to any teacher who raised such concerns in Scotland.

Ruth the Truth

Any quips from us in their direction : offended to the hilt, and grassed up by them.

Them to us: it’s just banter, we’re the bigots for reacting.

Wrong on both counts.

It wasn't the guy having the birthday, it was someone else

She's got no way of telling who it could be.
Maybe someone after her job?

Absolutely pathetic stuff. Whilst not knowing exactly what was said or condoning it (she is clearly apologetic) perhaps someone should ask the question over the choice of cake if things are going to get this petty. Clearly it would create a talking point and some awkwardness between people. Someones judgement should be called into question.
Questions should’ve asked to why this was in the work place or does the no colours rule apply to one group again

Not enough evidence for a court case but a fine officer demoted on the same evidence? She will be reinstated om appeal I hope - 3 rank demotion is way over top - a rap on knuckles enough. So even Police are riddled with bheasts now ?
Yes, if she's successful we'll read about it in all the papers ;)

Back