Can we take 6 points off Celtic to revive the League Challenge?

Can we take 6 points of Celtic in the League?

• Yes or no

Votes: 126 8.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 521 35.1%
  • No

Votes: 851 57.3%

• Total voters
We can of course beat them twice. When both teams are at their best head to head there's very little to separate us and them. But there's no way on this planet they are dropping 4+ pts v others.

Beat them next week and it at least makes it interesting. Anything less and its six weeks of misery to look forward to outside of the semi.

I don’t think we will lose to them for the rest to the season, unfortunately I dont see them dropping points elsewhere.

We fkd it in a few different ways over the season, not just the draw in January.

Next season will be a different story.

I don’t think we will lose to them for the rest to the season, unfortunately I dont see them dropping points elsewhere.

We fkd it in a few different ways over the season, not just the draw in January.

Next season will be a different story.
We hope..

To get any sort of result Beale must be brave and go on the front foot from the start. If he starts Tillman we must expect a performance and he must deal with being targeted from the first whistle.

I don't think we'll be beaten again in the league this season. Stating the obvious but it's all on next week. It would rattle them big time if we can win on thier patch. No doubt whatsoever in my mind that we're capable of taking 6 points from them, but I'm looking at next weekend in hope rather than expectation. Think it will be a draw and similar to the last game at Ibrox. Unfortunately I'll think they will get over the line but they won't win the league by 9 points, that's for sure.
if they win on Sunday they go 12 points clear. Beale has been great but imo has fucked 2 games v them already. I dont know where you are getting the confidence it will be less than 9 by the end of the season.

Yet again though a massive decision in not letting any away fans in happens just in time for what is basically a title decider for them at home.

Yes we can. I think we will win on Saturday, that puts pressure on them, something they have never had for a while.

I don't think Saturday is anything to do with a league challenge tbh. For me it's about putting them in their place & restoring a bit of respect as most of our recent trips there have been an embarrassment which cannot be allowed to continue.
And because of that, Saturday is just as important as any potential league challenge that may or may not come from a win

Yes we can. I think we will win on Saturday, that puts pressure on them, something they have never had for a while.

I admire your optimism, but by the time we wake up in these games, we're usually a goal down. We'll need to score first to get anything.

Even if we take 6 points off them and win every other game, we still lose the league by 3 points.
The semi final is everything.
While I agree with you. A 9 point cushion takes any pressure off. 3 points is totally different
On the orher hand I cant see us going to the end of the season without dropping a stupid point or two somewhere

if they win on Sunday they go 12 points clear. Beale has been great but imo has fucked 2 games v them already. I dont know where you are getting the confidence it will be less than 9 by the end of the season.

Yet again though a massive decision in not letting any away fans in happens just in time for what is basically a title decider for them at home.
Know what you're saying. I think we'll beat them at Ibrox though I do accept that by that point it probably won't make a difference to them in terms of the title.

After today no as the VAR officials wont allow that after that decedion today.Ah total joke of a decision and who says paranoid prophaghanda does not work in this country.

If we win our last 9 we win the league title. Pressure does funny things to people
Not a chance anyone other than us are taking points off Pacific Shelf.

Their defeat to St Mirren earlier in the season was a freak result. It won't happen again for the remainder of this campaign.

We dropped too many silly points and it has cost us another title.

Next season we need to be ruthless and kill off games.

I just want to see us compete at the piggery. They will be out of the blocks quickly and looking to kill the game before half-time. Our sluggishness in the first 45 minutes is a real problem.

The only certainty about this game is that I think Beale won't make the same mistakes that he did in his first and last games against them. That is, in terms of the strange 'old cronies' team he picked in the last League Cup final and not making the right substitutions at the right time in his first, Ibrox home game when 2 v 1 ahead.

If those team decisions go right for Beale on Saturday it is still no guarantee of a draw or win at the piggery. I get that the games against them is a still a learning curve for Beale and no one wants him to succeed more than me and the vast majority of our support.

However, If we take nothing from this game he is in the unenviable position of 3 games against them without a win and then he is heading into GVB territory against them.

Furthermore, psychologically that will also be a hammer blow for us going into the Scottish Cup semi final v them. That coupled with a then meaningless old firm game (don't often have one of those) at Ibrox after the split.

Right now I would take a draw at the piggery (never thought I would accept that a a supporter for over 55 years) and a win at in the cup semi. There just ain't going to be another Helicopter Sunday on 2023.

Last edited:
If we beat them twice, which we will, they've got 6 games in which 1 loss and 1 draw would hand us the title.

Ange has never been put under pressure before. He'd absolutely crumble.

So is it possible? Yes

If we don’t beat them in any of these 3 games then it’ll be enormous pressure on Beale and rightly so.

I don't agree with this as Michael Beale can't help the situation he has inherited. The last time this squad beat them in the league was August 2021. If we failed to beat them in the three remaining games, then for me the players should have to take responsibility for that because the shite run against them started long before Beale arrived and at the end of the day Beale has improved the team. That's inarguable.

I know folk are going to bang on about the trophy haul with them getting close and blah blah blah but for me sometimes you have to accept a period of transition for a manager to implement his ideas. He has only had one transfer window and the financial gulf between our spending and theirs also cannot be ignored. Mr. Beale has my total faith, it's my faith in these players that needs to be rebuilt as things stand.

It's a moot point maybe because I think we'll win one at the very least. But it's an important distinction to make I think.

I don't agree with this as Michael Beale can't help the situation he has inherited. The last time this squad beat them in the league was August 2021. If we failed to beat them in the three remaining games, then for me the players should have to take responsibility for that because the shite run against them started long before Beale arrived and at the end of the day Beale has improved the team. That's inarguable.

I know folk are going to bang on about the trophy haul with them getting close and blah blah blah but for me sometimes you have to accept a period of transition for a manager to implement his ideas. He has only had one transfer window and the financial gulf between our spending and theirs also cannot be ignored. Mr. Beale has my total faith, it's my faith in these players that needs to be rebuilt as things stand.

It's a moot point maybe because I think we'll win one at the very least. But it's an important distinction to make I think.
C ould not have said it better

Points taken - however, what difference would 800 Rangers fans realistically make to how the team perform? Symbolically, it can be something yes, but we've been hammered there 3 times recently with our fans packed away in the corner.

It's certainly not an excuse for defeat on Saturday.

If we beat them twice, which we will, they've got 6 games in which 1 loss and 1 draw would hand us the title.

So is it possible? Yes
He was under immense pressure right from the off with them.

He lost 3 games in his first 8 or something and was 6 points behind at Xmas and had overturned it only 6 weeks later.

This "no pressure" comfort blanket that some of our support cling to doesn't really make any sense to me.

I think our problem will be Beale will pick the same players that have failed us against them.
Even on here we see the clamour for the same failures who have let us down over and over again and shat the bed against them.

We need a mindset change from the club the manager and the supporters.

I think our problem will be Beale will pick the same players that have failed us against them.
Even on here we see the clamour for the same failures who have let us down over and over again and shat the bed against them.

We need a mindset change from the club the manager and the supporters.
Our manager has made mistakes in his two games against them, unnecessary and completely the wrong sub at Ibrox then the wrong starting 11 and wrong subs at the wrong time at hampden.

He needs to show he can influence games in the proper way.

So is it possible? Yes
Of course he has been put under pressure, they just deal with it unfortunately, which is why they are strolling to the title with ease.

They have lost just once in well over 60 league games, they have dropped points in 2 games out of 30 this season, It's utter fantasy to think they are losing 3 and drawing one of their last 8 games.

The biggest difference in previous games between us and them is the midfield but we have strengthened and Cantwell and Raskin must start. Looking at them at weekend without Hatate they aren't as good. Mooy was out too but I'm sure he's back.

The issue is, its 9 points and the damage has been done. Even if we beat them twice it would be 3 points with them having a better goal difference, its really 4 points.

No one else in the league will take points off them. The league quality from the other 10 is shocking and both us and them will win our remaining games without much hassle.

The league is over regardless of what happens on Saturday, its not meaningless of course but its not as big as the semi final at Hampden.

Even if we do I can't see them messing up in two other games.

Would be great to take 6 or even 4 points even if it doesn't alter the positions.

Beale hasn’t been brave enough with his starting 11/subs in the last 2 games against them, and I can’t see that changing any time soon.

So it’s a no from me.

We need to win next Saturday. If Beale shows the same fear he did with his starting line up at Hampden then it’s a no.

Must win for us

Beale hasn’t been brave enough with his starting 11/subs in the last 2 games against them, and I can’t see that changing any time soon.

So it’s a no from me.
Not starting Cantwell and Raskin in the cup final seemed to be the main criticism of him. Both will play on Saturday (if Raskin is fit).

For that to happen, they'll need to lose two league games - having lost just one all season.

We'll need to outplay and out-score them twice, -something we haven't looked like doing all season.

Not a dog's chance in hell of all those things suddenly happening.

The destination of the league title as decided last year. We could have changed that, had we acted earlier. NOW, is way too late. People believing that Cantwell & Raskin can make them suddenly drop 6 points are wired to the moon.

Not starting Cantwell and Raskin in the cup final seemed to be the main criticism of him. Both will play on Saturday (if Raskin is fit).
We can’t forget his subs against them at Ibrox on the 2nd, when we had our foot on their throats and he brought on James Sands. Changed the entire momentum of the game.

It would certainly put a bit of pressure on them were we to cut the gap to 6 at the piggery with a game still to come at home.
I feel they have not had pressure on them all season. Would be interesting to see how they coped.

Our manager has made mistakes in his two games against them, unnecessary and completely the wrong sub at Ibrox then the wrong starting 11 and wrong subs at the wrong time at hampden.

He needs to show he can influence games in the proper way.
Yes, in the first game against them we should have won easily as they were rotten.
The second game he picked the wrong team and showed them too much respect and never attacked them he could have changed it but never did.

Morelos plays well we’ll win , fear no foe Rangers intae them , hit them hard they don’t like it up them as captain Mannering would say !!!
Which of course is the main impediment to us beating them, ie our options for the main striking are utterly woeful. An out of condition disinterested Morelos who couldn't finish his dinner, or a limited Colak. Depressing stuff.

Morelos plays well we’ll win , fear no foe Rangers intae them , hit them hard they don’t like it up them as captain Mannering would say !!!
Morelos is too slow against them and Vickers dominates him. Sakala been much better against them and is our on form striker.
We need pace against them, not a player who cannot run.

I believe we can do it.

One thing we are currently lacking though is strength off of the bench. Time and time again this season they have been struggling, made subs and they have impacted the game which is my only worry. We have not had that luxury but if we were more fortunate with injuries this season we may have been the same.

On the evidence of Saturday, no. Morelos looks like he's towing a sled and Lundstram is jogging around the middle looking like he's playing fives shortly after a hernia op. The team at the moment is a mix of a past that's done and future that's yet to be realised,

Not happening which is obviously frustrating considering where both teams were 2 years ago.

Even last season, despite them only having the league to focus on for months we only came up short by 4 points. That was with us having played 60 odd games too.

We fucked it this season as the bheasts have improved from their Lennon, Duffy and Laxalt shitshow.

All about next season now. Season 22/23 is a write off.

Back