Candeias to Turkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We cannot offer Candeias a guaranteed first start, but we can say he has the jersey until he loses it. He’s a level above the likes of Ojo and we’re making a big mistake letting him go for a cup of beans when our right hand is so weak.

Really ?!? Ojo is a far far better option than Candeias - does he work as hard no he won’t - not many wide players do but his end product is night and day in comparison.

Really ?!? Ojo is a far far better option than Candeias - does he work as hard no he won’t - not many wide players do but his end product is night and day in comparison.

I don’t think he’s on the same level as Candeias. He was horrific today

You can't compare Ojo to Candeias.

Completely different players and Ojo has played one competitive game for Rangers - a match against St. Joseph's.

I think that’s the point, we have until the end of the window for Ojo and others to prove they are better. Letting him go this early is a gamble not worth it.

If Ojo turns into a superstar great over the next month then great let him go.

Sorry to be harsh here but Whit?

How anyone can forget that game was a Scottish Cup Final and that far from being crap we ran over the top of Celtic for most of that game. What I will give you is that yes Ferguson was magnificent that day, but gadzooks man, it's probably in the top 3 most memorable games for us in the last 20 Year!!

Excellent use of gadzooks as well as being totally correct.

Tend to agree ojo is a little more selfish it will work at times and potentially in the tight games where ten men behind a ball he will get shots off

Games like to day though you wanted candias and tav stretching play wider.

Poor second half tho

Maybe if he was playing some of it would have gone down the right?

I suspect Tav will not do so well in terms of numbers this season with Candieas missing in front of him.

Well if we can't improve on Candieas we are probably not winning the title. I wouldn't be against having him in the squad but as a first choice he's simply not good enough.

Tav should be good enough to do what he does does best.

I honestly cannot believe how overrated Kent is on here! He was a very good young player who has potential ahead of him and could be very hot and cold. Candieas, whilst also hot and cold, is the better of the two. Remember in terms of attaching midfielders last year in his position we had Arfield, Grezda, Lafferty, Davis (only match fit for about 2 months!) and Ejaria. This year we already have Arfield, Murphy, Ojo, a fully fit Davis and Aribo who are already better than Kent, and Jones, Stewart and Hastie who it’s too early to tell.

I don’t want Kent back on loan. To buy, yes sure but not another loan
Laughable.

If candeias goes we only have ojo, jones, murphy and hastie in terms of natural wingers, we would need another winger cos thats not enough considering murphy has been out for a season and hastie is a young boy

L
Steven Gerrard says Daniel Candeias has travelled to Turkey to finalise his move away from the club.

The Rangers boss says they’ll ‘possibly’ need to bring in someone to replace the winger.

He also says there’s been no bids for any other players. https://t.co/DLnfJHBqu1

You can't compare Ojo to Candeias.

Completely different players and Ojo has played one competitive game for Rangers - a match against St. Joseph's.

I get really concerned when folk already build young loanees up to that level this quickly.

The weight of expectation placed on them becomes instantly overbearing and makes it much harder for them to settle realistically into any kind of form that’s in line with what should be expected.

Ojo looks like he has some quality but he’s a very long way from being able to be considered anything other than a young player up to grow, improve and try to fight his way into the team.

A Journeyman or a Rangers great?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Candeias#Club_career

Wonder how many of our fans would prefer to be watching the skills of Candyman and Lee Wallace week in week out?

Thankfully our starting 11 and squad is improving and we'll win our first major honour in 8 seasons this season.

I honestly don’t get the need to do Candeias down, he’s been a good signing for the money we paid, he isn’t wanting to mope around collecting money for nothing if he isn’t going to play so is moving on.

Fair play to him I say, he should go with our thanks and minus this unnecessary snidey nonsense.

If candeias goes we only have ojo, jones, murphy and hastie in terms of natural wingers, we would need another winger cos thats not enough considering murphy has been out for a season and hastie is a young boy
We don't play with wingers. Our formation sees two inside forwards interchanging with the main striker.

we'll live to regret leaving him out of the Europa League squad. I can understand maybe not starting him but ditching him completely and leaving him at home? Naw.

Kent & Candeias > Jones & Ojo.

Improvements required in the wide areas now.

Maybe the Turkey thing was already in the pipeline, these things don’t usually happen overnight.

I think Jones can be as effective as Candeias for us, and Kent will be back.

Haven’t seen enough of Ojo so I’m surprised folk can make judgements already.

In fairness to DC it feels to me he’s looking after his future and no one can criticise that. He’s 31, realises that he’s not getting a new deal from us and is likely to get a 2-3 year deal on good money in Turkey.

Guy has been an excellent Rangers player in my view. I say good luck to him. Always welcome.

Last edited:
we'll live to regret leaving him out of the Europa League squad. I can understand maybe not starting him but ditching him completely and leaving him at home? Naw.

Kent & Candeias > Jones & Ojo.

Improvements required in the wide areas now.
It's his choice. Doesn't want to be a squad player at his age. Which he is. He wont start 50% of the games this season. Why is this hard to understand? Rather than keeping an unhappy player then let him go with our best wishes?

Maybe the Turkey thing was already in the pipeline, these things don’t usually happen overnight.

I think Jones can be as effective as Candeias for us, and Kent will be back.

Haven’t seen enough of Ojo so I’m surprised folk can make judgements already.

that would make sense and I almost hope that was the case. Wouldn't like to think we've dropped him from the squad completely without a good reason.

I'm a big fan of Ojo so that wasn't a dig at him. I just think Kent/Candeias will prove to be more effective than Ojo/Jones.

Would have liked him to stay and fight for a place but can understand him wanting security and possibly more game time.

That said we dont have another type like him, his graft in the tougher away games will be missed.

It's his choice. Doesn't want to be a squad player at his age. Which he is. He wont start 50% of the games this season. Why is this hard to understand? Rather than keeping an unhappy player then let him go with our best wishes?

if the move to Turkey came about after he was dropped from the EL squad then I think that will have planned a major role in Candeias' decision.

I also hope this doesn't unsettle Morelos. We're in a strong position to bump his asking price up until Morelos starts pushing for the move.

He will be missed unless we sign a winger that's better than him he might not have been the most consistent but hes been outstanding in some games for us,boy wants to leave at least were getting a fee good luck to him

Quite scary the realistic prospect of going into this season without both Candeias and Kent!

Quite scary the realistic prospect of going into this season without both Candeias and Kent!

High probability Kent will return once Liverpool give the green light. I have to say though we are playing a very patient waiting game here we put our loan offer in quite some time ago and I think ideally we would have wanted Kent back by now.

Candeias was/is expendable. like a few in squad.

He had a season on his deal and at 31 we are always evolving the quality. He probably wouldn't have got an extension, so he is going to have more security and possibly better lifestyle in Turkey.

Kent will return imo

Guys having a go at Candeias and or his ability or commitment to Rangers need to have a fùcking word with themselves.

He came here as a relatively inexpensive signing and considering where were to where we are now, in my eyes he has been a brilliant signing.

Apparently his wife and kids loved living in Turkey and I'd happily see him on his way with a loud cheer from real bears as he moves on.

Hope he comes back in May for a wee visit to join in the 55 celebrations.

DC has been one of my favourite players over the last couple of years,will be sad to see him go.
Will be happy to see him back if he wants to celebrate 55 with us

Would've liked to have kept him as useful squad player.

It's clear that we are looking for a different type of player in the wide forward roles (more central) but I'm not sure having three very left footed players competing for the role on the right side is ideal, although I think Arfield may play there.

Sad to see him go if he does, he has a lot to offer the squad.

But, at the same time, if he’s looking to move at the first sign of having to fight for his spot he probably shouldn’t be here.

I honestly don’t get the need to do Candeias down, he’s been a good signing for the money we paid, he isn’t wanting to mope around collecting money for nothing if he isn’t going to play so is moving on.

Fair play to him I say, he should go with our thanks and minus this unnecessary snidey nonsense.
He shouldn’t be going at all, he should have stayed and contributed in 20 odd matches minimum and in attaining 55

What other performances - the friendlies, St Joseph or have you seen something in the training videos?

All the games, he took his goal brilliantly away and his cross for Defoe was excellent. However I think in the spl players will already be aware of him moving to his left and limit that.

It’s his all round game that’s worrying. He doesn’t really go by players and loses the ball a lot. I understand he may need time and he could turn out our player if the season.

However time we don’t have this year, we need someone hitting the ground running and candieas gives you that and has a brilliant understanding with Tav. Tav at times looked utterly perplexed at Ojo’s Movement again today for example.

Stewart May also be able to fill that void.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back