Candeias to Turkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a pity he wants first team football over the potential of being part of a legendary Rangers side that takes back the title after the calamity of 2012. He's certainly contributed these past two seasons to our regeneration with his workrate. However at 31 he doesnt have many seasons left and it must be frustrating trying to keep up standards sitting on the bench. I know many dont think hes up to it, and his crossing and finishing can be erratic. However when he's on his game he teams up well with the captain and offers us a real threat down the right wing and if he can gain some consistency this season he could well leave Ibrox with the SPL Championship winners medal he deserves

I beg to differ.

It's rare for individual players to bail out an entire team.
I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but if you say it's very common, I'm suggesting you are the one talking nonsense.

It really isn't a common occurrence.

Agree. Can count on one hand when i’ve seen it. The Laudrup final. But the whole team we’re good then. Gazza vs Aberdeen was close. There was a cup semi-final (I think) against Celtic under McLeish where the team played crap but Barry Ferguson covered every blade of grass and won the game largely by himself with a free kick. Then there is the Beckham game against Greece and the Gerrard champion’s league final. And every game Maradonna player for Napoli and Argentina...

But they are rare and memorable.

To be fair to the other guy though, he does have a point. You do want players in your team who can rally themselves and provide moments of inspiration to lift the whole team. Kent did that at times. Morelos does it often. Not seen it from Candeias. If the team perform poorly so does he. You don’t see him leading the charge.

I will be sorry to see him go but as others have said no player is bigger than the club, I wish him well were ever he goes.

Couldn't disagree more, but that's football. I think you'll be ready to change your mind come May...
I think Stewart will surprise people. He has bags of abilty. The big thing for me is Gerrard has changed our formation. We no longer play with 2 out and out wingers. Instead we play what i call an inside forward. Candieas can't play this position. Clearly, we don't want to be throwing balls into the box to isolated strikers all the time. It's the reason he doesn't score enough goals - he's never in the box. Arfield, Defoe, Morelos, Stewart, Ojo are excellent at linking up with fast 1-2s, dummies that can break teams down as well as excellent interchange of positions. I really like Candieas but a decent fee would help to pay.for Kent.

If he's actually asked to go and speak to the club in Turkey then fair enough, we move on.

Being honest, I wasn't impressed with his celebrations against Marseille and I don't think Gerrard was either.

Never been able to take to the guy after he downed tools at Easter Road a couple of years ago.

Candieas is an average player. Hes been a good wee signing but hes 32 and he can be replaced. He will play less this year.

Kent is a better player. Kent young and will get better. His stats would be improved if he returned imo. No comparison to be made.

If he's actually asked to go and speak to the club in Turkey then fair enough, we move on.

Being honest, I wasn't impressed with his celebrations against Marseille and I don't think Gerrard was either.

Never been able to take to the guy after he downed tools at Easter Road a couple of years ago.

I disagree since less than 48 hours ago Gerrard was saying how much he respects him and what a great professional he is.

He is allowed to celebrate how he sees fit. Albertz done similar when he felt he was unjustly dropped.

Personally, I would like to keep him as we know what he can do. At the moment we may feel positive about Jones, Ojo and Stewart (even Hastie) but who knows which will come good or not? Daniel has done well in Europe for us and against Celtic for us.
If he wants guarantees and feels he needs to leave for that, good luck to him, but I think there should still be a place for him at Ibrox.

He didn't

I honestly cannot believe how overrated Kent is on here! He was a very good young player who has potential ahead of him and could be very hot and cold. Candieas, whilst also hot and cold, is the better of the two. Remember in terms of attaching midfielders last year in his position we had Arfield, Grezda, Lafferty, Davis (only match fit for about 2 months!) and Ejaria. This year we already have Arfield, Murphy, Ojo, a fully fit Davis and Aribo who are already better than Kent, and Jones, Stewart and Hastie who it’s too early to tell.

I don’t want Kent back on loan. To buy, yes sure but not another loan

Its a pity he wants first team football over the potential of being part of a legendary Rangers side that takes back the title after the calamity of 2012. He's certainly contributed these past two seasons to our regeneration with his workrate. However at 31 he doesnt have many seasons left and it must be frustrating trying to keep up standards sitting on the bench. I know many dont think hes up to it, and his crossing and finishing can be erratic. However when he's on his game he teams up well with the captain and offers us a real threat down the right wing and if he can gain some consistency this season he could well leave Ibrox with the SPL Championship winners medal he deserves
I'm of the same mind really. Surely he'd want to have actually won something in his footballing career. A medal of sorts.
If he wants to go then thanks & sayonara Daniel. A good squad player but shown to be far too inconsistent to be 1st pick as we're going for the title.

As for Kent, he flatters to deceive with his pace & getting past players, but his terrible final ball & non-existent shooting boots says he's not 1st pick for me. From what we've seen of the new guys, he won't be missed.
If he did come back on loan it's a certainty he'd be promised game time, so unless he sorts that side of his game out (remains to be seen), then he'd be taking the shirt over guys better equipped to get us 55.

He didn't

I’m a big fan of Candeias but I’m afraid he did spit the dummy at Easter Road one night in a midweek game

Came on IIRC and literally didn’t bother his arse and made it obvious he couldn’t give a monkeys and had spat the dummy.

To say otherwise is simply rewriting history

That said, he’s came a long way since then and I hope he stays

I’m a big fan of Candeias but I’m afraid he did spit the dummy at Easter Road one night in a midweek game

Came on IIRC and literally didn’t bother his arse and made it obvious he couldn’t give a monkeys and had spat the dummy.

Came out a week later he was unwell

Correct, he replaced Kenny Miller who had done his hamstring. The attitude of Candeias that night was an utter disgrace. Thankfully it wasn't repeated that I can recall.

Personally, I would like to keep him as we know what he can do. At the moment we may feel positive about Jones, Ojo and Stewart (even Hastie) but who knows which will come good or not? Daniel has done well in Europe for us and against Celtic for us.
If he wants guarantees and feels he needs to leave for that, good luck to him, but I think there should still be a place for him at Ibrox.
Agree that he would be an ideal insurance policy if the new guys bomb, but he doesn’t fancy being Mr Backup. Thing is, you never know how the season will pan out and he could have ended up playing a lot of games if others get injured etc

Correct, he replaced Kenny Miller who had done his hamstring. The attitude of Candeias that night was an utter disgrace. Thankfully it wasn't repeated that I can recall.

Or he was unwell and played anyway.

Did the Internet know it alls never think it was strange in his full time he has played here he only didn't try in one match?

Or he was unwell and played anyway.

Did the Internet know it alls never think it was strange in his full time he has played here he only didn't try in one match?

Why declare yourself available for the game if you're that unwell? Or if the game is passing you by why not make it clear to the management it's because you're unwell? There was plenty of opportunity including half time to do so.

Why declare yourself available for the game if you're that unwell? Or if the game is passing you by why not make it clear to the management it's because you're unwell? There was plenty of opportunity including half time to do so.

He may have told the manager, who then asked him to give it a go.

Your speculating, just the same as me. If the management thought he let them down he would not select him as often as he has.

I honestly cannot believe how overrated Kent is on here! He was a very good young player who has potential ahead of him and could be very hot and cold. Candieas, whilst also hot and cold, is the better of the two. Remember in terms of attaching midfielders last year in his position we had Arfield, Grezda, Lafferty, Davis (only match fit for about 2 months!) and Ejaria. This year we already have Arfield, Murphy, Ojo, a fully fit Davis and Aribo who are already better than Kent, and Jones, Stewart and Hastie who it’s too early to tell.

Kent won ours and PFA Scotland’s young player of the year so perhaps you’re under estimating him? He’s young, proven he can handle playing here, and can only improve.

Davis and Ejaria play in completely different positions to Kent also. I think he’d improve our squad as it stands if we get him back.

Hes served well. But we still have plenty wide options as well as jamie murphy to come back in more or less like a knew signing, who i feel will definetely play a big part for us

Candeias better than Kent?

Jesus.

He has a year left on his contract and probably realises that in 9 or 10 months time he would be having to find another club. If he can get himself a decent sign on fee along with a longer contract and a guaranteed start then it's a no brainer from his point of view.

Be sad to see him go but the fact of improving a squad is that sometimes players you like will have to be moved out the way while ones who have contributed very little will hang around collecting their wages.

Meanwhile, Daniel Candeias will undergo a medical in Turkey on Monday as he heads for the exit door.

Gerrard has given the Portuguese winger the go-ahead to join Ankara outfit Genclerbirligi.

Candeias is in the final year of his Gers contract and Gerrard is unable to guarantee him a regular starting place.

And Ibrox chiefs have decided to strike a cut-price deal with the Super Lig side to get the 31-year-old off the wage-bill.

Gerrard has been happy with the financial backing he’s had this summer but needs to off-load squad men if he’s to target more signings.

300k . Abysmal to be honest but there you go .

We wish him well for the future .
What a steal that is for them even at his age, they will get another 2 good seasons out him.

Its a shame he wants to go but if he feels he doesn't want to fight for his place then its best he leaves, for what we paid he did well for us and i wish him all the best.

%^*& off, candeias being better than Kent is the most ludicrous thing I have ever read on here!

300k . Abysmal to be honest but there you go .

We wish him well for the future .

It’s not abysmal man. He’s 31 and in the final year of his contract. If we really valued him we’d have offered an extension. It’s not that we don’t like him or even need him, it’s just that he’s not the future. And that’s ok.

We could do with him this year, no doubt. But it’s not just about us and the team. What about him personally? He needs to secure a contract for the next few years for himself.

I’d love him to be one of the players lifting the title in 9 months time. He’s one of the good guys of the past few years. He might not be lifting the league trophy, but he was part of the journey back. We all need to be content with that.

Agree. Can count on one hand when i’ve seen it. The Laudrup final. But the whole team we’re good then. Gazza vs Aberdeen was close. There was a cup semi-final (I think) against Celtic under McLeish where the team played crap but Barry Ferguson covered every blade of grass and won the game largely by himself with a free kick. Then there is the Beckham game against Greece and the Gerrard champion’s league final. And every game Maradonna player for Napoli and Argentina...

But they are rare and memorable.

To be fair to the other guy though, he does have a point. You do want players in your team who can rally themselves and provide moments of inspiration to lift the whole team. Kent did that at times. Morelos does it often. Not seen it from Candeias. If the team perform poorly so does he. You don’t see him leading the charge.

Sorry to be harsh here but Whit?

How anyone can forget that game was a Scottish Cup Final and that far from being crap we ran over the top of Celtic for most of that game. What I will give you is that yes Ferguson was magnificent that day, but gadzooks man, it's probably in the top 3 most memorable games for us in the last 20 Year!!

I like Candeias, but if he wants to go he can go.

Better players than Daniel Candeias have left and we've coped.

Good luck to him though.

Sorry to be harsh here but Whit?

How anyone can forget that game was a Scottish Cup Final and that far from being crap we ran over the top of Celtic for most of that game. What I will give you is that yes Ferguson was magnificent that day, but gadzooks man, it's probably in the top 3 most memorable games for us in the last 20 Year!!

Got to agree, we played the dhims of the park that day !

We cannot offer Candeias a guaranteed first start, but we can say he has the jersey until he loses it. He’s a level above the likes of Ojo and we’re making a big mistake letting him go for a cup of beans when our right hand is so weak.

We cannot offer Candeias a guaranteed first start, but we can say he has the jersey until he loses it. He’s a level above the likes of Ojo and we’re making a big mistake letting him go for a cup of beans when our right hand is so weak.

Absolute nonsense. A level above Ojo? Based on what exactly? Ojo's performance today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back