Castore 55 tshirt poor quality

gibster1972

Sorry don't know how to post a picture...I got one of the championship 55 t-shirts as a birthday present on 5th April. Haven't even worn it as I was keeping it for trophy day ..noticed today that one of the 5s is coming away ...very poor quality esp when we hear castore has sold over 500,000 units of merchandise they really need to up their game
With the store opening on Monday will I be able to get an exchange from them

Sorry don't know how to post a picture...I got one of the championship 55 t-shirts as a birthday present on 5th April. Haven't even worn it as I was keeping it for trophy day ..noticed today that one of the 5s is coming away ...very poor quality esp when we hear castore has sold over 500,000 units of merchandise they really need to up their game
Should be able to get an exchange - but they may have no stock of the 55 shirts,

If you don’t fancy that, turn the shirt inside out and iron the back of the logo from the inside. Can often rebond the glue.

you would have better buying a £5 fruit of the loom t shirt and getting a local printer to iron on a 55. Castore stuff is abysmal but alot of people are too scared to admit it as they think its some trendy brand.

A lot of people (myself included) have bought a lot of stuff and had no issues whatsoever. Are there clearly issues that need addressed of course. But I like Castore because every item I’ve bought has been excellent got nothing to do with being too scared to admit they are ‘abysmal’ and a ‘trendy brand’ lol.

You love it when an opportunity to have a wee dig or a moan comes up don't you?

I rightly expect a brand selling rangers merchandise not to be cowboys regarding the quality. They clearly have no quality control measures in place. If this was a local clothing factory supplying your kids team you wouldn't be happy but this company and the club banged on about how the merchandise would be amazing quality and the reality is that alot of it has been cheap and poorly produced with no consistency.

I'm not sure all this 55 merchandise is from Castore. Although it hasn't stopped them churning out everything possible with 55 on it.
I hope Castore have a rethink over the next month because next year we will be looking for better, especially the 150 anniversary strips

Oh you didn't store it in a vacuum sealed room at exactly 39.6 degrees, and spray it with pure oxygen every 7 hours.

Only got yourself to blame mate.

Their stuff is shocking and embarrassing in quality from my experience. No hiding it now, and I won't tip toe around it when myself and other fans are being taken for a ride and basically ripped off.

A lot of people (myself included) have bought a lot of stuff and had no issues whatsoever. Are there clearly issues that need addressed of course. But I like Castore because every item I’ve bought has been excellent got nothing to do with being too scared to admit they are ‘abysmal’ and a ‘trendy brand’ lol.
I agree mate, everything I've bought this season for me or my kids has been fine, I especially like the bench jacket and gilet which I'd say are among the best I've had.

Im sure if you go in and show them the defective goods with a receipt they'll sort you out.

I've bought a lot of Castore stuff and found the quality to be the best I've seen on Rangers stuff for a long time.
you've highlighted the problem though which is consistency. Alot of people have had decent stuff from one factory but another group of people have had the duff stuff and that isn't good enough.

There seems to be a number of complaints about some Castore products.Maybe Club 1872 could collate some of these issues and get the Club to address them.
Castor were given some leeway last year because they had to source a lot of products in a relatively short timescale but we are a year down the road and quality issues should be addressed by now especially as fans are expected to pay top dollar and Castor present themselves as suppliers of quality merchandise.

Castore threads all go the same way. Some have had a bad experience, some have had a good experience.

We need the balance to swing much more in favour of the former and, on a personal level, I think we’ve seen that with the more recent stuff. Hopefully they can get even better.

Those who are entrenched in their views and unwilling to change them, no matter what, are going to have a long 4 years ahead.

All the stuff Ive had has been fine so why would I say its abysmal?
overall it has been abysmal. quality control issues, pre ordering strips but you can walk in to sports direct and get it before, transfers peeling off, poor stock levels meaning they are missing sales and a megastore that is pretty sparse.

They got away with it this year but next year they won't get away with it again

overall it has been abysmal. quality control issues, pre ordering strips but you can walk in to sports direct and get it before, transfers peeling off, poor stock levels meaning they are missing sales and a megastore that is pretty sparse.

They got away with it this year but next year they won't get away with it again
I would say majority of their stuff has been fine. Yes there have been issues and they need to ensure no repeat of that but overall they have been ok

A guy on Andy Hallidays Discord server got his today... the Cs on Castore and Champions were more like Ds :confused: looked horrendous tbh.

Luckily iv has no issues with the 5 strips that iv bought. The Mrs did stupidly tumble dry my daughters by mistake which took the sponsor right off lol but that was her fault.

Sadly it appears to be an absolute lottery. I’ve not bought any adult stuff for myself but my oldest boy has all 3 plus the goalie top and my youngest has the 3rd kit and I’ve had no issues at all

The 55 t-shirts and hoodie are of atrocious quality. Type of thing you'd buy outside the stadium.

I'm a dafty though and bought them anyway. :D I'll just have to never wear them or wash them.

Castore threads all go the same way. Some have had a bad experience, some have had a good experience.

We need the balance to swing much more in favour of the former and, on a personal level, I think we’ve seen that with the more recent stuff. Hopefully they can get even better.

Those who are entrenched in their views and unwilling to change them, no matter what, are going to have a long 4 years ahead.
Yeah we just need more people to say "mines are fine" and that should solve the various problems that they've had. Definitely.

Not had any issues about quality with anything I've had so far. However between the bungled use of Herpes as courier and the utterly appalling lack of availability of tshirts, sweatshirts etc I'm really surprised that there has not been more of an outcry. At present there are only 3 kinds of t shirts available with only small size available, 1 sweatshirt which is sold out and 2 of the 3 available 55 hoodies are sold out. Pish.

It’s like the diadora days all over again decent deal but strips are horrendous.

I’ll be holding off next year if I even bother at all just did it this year for sentimental reasons but it must be annoying for somebody who buys the strip to proudly wear and it looks like it’s primart quality a couple of washes and it’s done.

Some people on here and elsewhere still appear to refuse to believe that Castore tops lettering peels off or any other problems despite the mounting evidence. I only have the Black and orange top and it now looks like it has leprosy!
Spookily enough the letter peeling has followed a pattern, first it was the lettering on the inside went, once that vanished, the energy check at the back went, then the Castore badge and then finally the 32Red starts to peel! Almost like it was Choreographed ffs!

Oh you didn't store it in a vacuum sealed room at exactly 39.6 degrees, and spray it with pure oxygen every 7 hours.

Only got yourself to blame mate.

Their stuff is shocking and embarrassing in quality from my experience. No hiding it now, and I won't tip toe around it when myself and other fans are being taken for a ride and basically ripped off.
You state what’s required to ensure it stays good quality then say it’s shocking. If you know how to keep it good but just can’t be bothered then it’s on you. Different if you don’t know.

You state what’s required to ensure it stays good quality then say it’s shocking. If you know how to keep it good but just can’t be bothered then it’s on you. Different if you don’t know.
It's my wife that can't be bothered mate! B-D

My Hummel stuff is still spot on. I could have washed it with a wire brush and nitro mors an it would still be in better nick than the Castore stuff.

In fact, I've never had any sports attire that needs treated with kid gloves the way the Castore stuff apparently does. And even then, there's stories of it falling apart after the utmost TLC, which shouldn't really be required.

Any chance of a picture so we can see what you're on about?

I'm not saying the OP is talking shite but it's entirely possible, and you've got plenty of people on here only too happy to take your word for it in order to have a moan.

umu5pCL.gif

A guy on Andy Hallidays Discord server got his today... the Cs on Castore and Champions were more like Ds :confused: looked horrendous tbh.

Luckily iv has no issues with the 5 strips that iv bought. The Mrs did stupidly tumble dry my daughters by mistake which took the sponsor right off lol but that was her fault.

Wits Hallidays discord server?

you would have better buying a £5 fruit of the loom t shirt and getting a local printer to iron on a 55. Castore stuff is abysmal but alot of people are too scared to admit it as they think its some trendy brand.

I don't think anyone views Castore as trendy, mate. At least I hope not.

I have 4 tops 3 are excellent one has a badge peeling off im sure the wife washed is on to high a temperature to be honest tho.

A lot of as are in the same boat with the tops etc. My home top the stitching along the bottom has came away and I wore the white away top yesterday and the 32 Red transfers have all but peeled away. I've hardly worn it since I got it at Christmas it's really poor quality stuff for the amount of money that's spent on them. And of course I've followed all the washing instructions.

I have 4 tops 3 are excellent one has a badge peeling off im sure the wife washed is on to high a temperature to be honest tho.
I have 3 items of clothing an all been fine. The Retro Top arrived a day after the defeat to St Mirren. Its been worn for every game we've played since, then washed and ironed afterwards. I make that 33 games, 33 washes etc I think. I could wrap it in polythene bag and it would be taken for new. Its still immaculate. No peeling, no missing stars, letters or badges. Its been absolutely fine. Excellent in fact.

Others obviously haven't had the same experience. Clearly we won't see an embroidered logo for our sponsor next year but hopefully future kits are based on the embroidered Rangers and Castore badges. As for the plastic stuff INSIDE the shirt (stars etc) - who really cares? Ditch it.

I was furious when my home top came out the wash with a big hole next to the collar. Had to bin it. Was about to write a strongly worded email to Castore and start a thread on here, when the missus pointed out that it looked like the hole had been caused by a burn. And the last time I wore it was the day we won the league. When I smoked a big fat Cuban cigar... oops.

Apart from that I've got a training top and polo shirt with absolutely no issues whatsoever.

Back