Merch Castore sack Hermes as couriers

Royal Mail should be the favoured partner going forward as they are introducing a free return service shortly where it’s picked up from your property.

i.e, ordered a Medium but needed a Large, click a button and the postman/driver will collect it from your house the next day free and the replacement sent out.

For contracts such as this with a huge varied customer base and no “trying on” that’s just common sense.

My Hermes courier is a tim but he's great at his job and I've never had a problem with any delivery. But maybe it's because of where I live and the couriers all deliver for several companies.

Over the last eight years of online buying, I've only had problems with the private couriers.
Never with Royal Mail.
They have no interest in providing a good all round service. Unless I get them to deliver to my work.
Once they agree to a all country every day to the home then nothing will change.

I am surprised by this failure from Hermes as neither I nor my wife have had any problems with them. My aftershave balm is excellent as is my wife's Birkin handbag. Both arrived in perfect condition.

Royal Mail should be the favoured partner going forward as they are introducing a free return service shortly where it’s picked up from your property.

i.e, ordered a Medium but needed a Large, click a button and the postman/driver will collect it from your house the next day free and the replacement sent out.

For contracts such as this with a huge varied customer base and no “trying on” that’s just common sense.
I opted for Royal Mail instead of Hermes. They were great and got everything to me within 5 days

Could you provide the source of that? I don't see anything online about royal mail collections as this would be helpful to me

Hopefully they address the many wrongly/incorrectly printed shirts, shirts missing lettering, items being dispatched to the wrong people and the fairly woeful customer service now. Easy to fob it off on Hermes when there's some issues that lie at Castore's feet as well.

My pre-order arrived on Thursday and I received the email today, with the 25 pound voucher code. A few days late but not too much of a big deal, for me anyway.

Thanks for breaking down what a free return service is. Was confused there.

I have a return to make and am required to print out a return form from Hermes and it's £5 to print it out.any suggestions??

Hermès hasn’t really been the issue. Even though they are sh*te.

It’s Castore who can’t fulfill their own orders.

Passing the buck.
Castore have had their own issues but their was a ridiculous amount of tops lost/defaced/damaged after arriving at the couriers for delivery. It was a bit of an issue also !

Both Castore and Rangers have been humbled by the incredible support of Rangers fans to the exciting new era of the club’s kit and retail partnership.

The unprecedented scenes outside the new Rangers Store at Ibrox, with supporters queuing to buy club products has been astonishing. Even by their own standards, this response has set the bar even higher than before. Both Castore and the Rangers board remain overwhelmed by this loyalty and the support shown by Rangers fans.

To date, over 100,000 packages have been successfully delivered to Rangers fans in over 35 countries across the globe since the partnership launched.

Castore were able to achieve this within a three-month window for design, manufacture and production, during a global pandemic, with industry standard expected at a minimum 18 months.

However, it is regrettable that not every supporter has received their package on time. Together, we have worked tirelessly to rectify any issues, with less than 3% of all orders being impacted. We recognise that this is still too high and acknowledge the disappointment and frustration.

A third-party courier appointed to deliver a number of the packages unfortunately encountered issues outside Castore and the club’s control, which has left some supporters disappointed, as products did not arrive as expected.

Castore has appointed a new supplier to deliver Rangers products in the expected manner.

The previous level of customer service falls below the standard both Castore and Rangers expect and will never be acceptable.

98% of these products have now been delivered to supporters as of today (Friday 14 August). Those remaining supporters affected, whose original orders cannot be accommodated this week, will receive full refunds together with a £25 voucher, in order they can buy products directly from The Rangers Store or order online.

The Castore and Rangers partnership has already proved that it will be the most valuable commercial partnership in the club’s recent history and will have a profound impact on the clubs commercial standing. Make no mistake, your loyalty will have a direct impact on the future of Rangers Football Club.

Supporter engagement and customer service will remain central to any shared success and an integral focus at every stage of the new partnership.

really enjoyed reading that, absolutely love how they don’t avoid the negative issues and instead promise to tackle them head on. Excellent work guys!

Hermes are actually the best courier by far in my area

Really odd as have heard horror stories about them for years
Your area must be rabid rattler free that is the difference, their company is doomed by that type of employee, and I'll bet the ones that have the rattler supervisors won't inform on their own kind so the problem will never be resolved.

Could you provide the source of that? I don't see anything online about royal mail collections as this would be helpful to me

Was from some spiel from an online retailer mate, I think it was Zara or the like.
In fact, I probably worded it wrong in terms of it being a RM collection service-it would be included as part of the purchase from the retailer to save you going to the post office rather than a specific RM service.

Thanks for breaking down what a free return service is. Was confused there.

Up ye :D

Hermes are actually the best courier by far in my area

Really odd as have heard horror stories about them for years
Have to agree with this. Our local guy is very good. Pretty sure he's one of us- on his profile he enjoys "supporting his football team". Always wearing something blue.

Easy to blame Hermes

the launch from Castore has been a monumental balls up for many of us

I’ve received pre order kit for wee man today. Top is wrong size, socks wrong size and no printing on shirt

they talk the talk but in my opinion their operation is a complete shambles

Hermes are minted in Helensburgh. Strip delivered on time, the day it was supposed to. The wee disabled delivery guy even winked when he handed it to me!

Whoops.

Perhaps they were naive rather than incompetent.

This for me.

My order was one of the ones affected whilst I'm still unhappy with the lack of correspondence it's good to see they are taking steps to rectify their mistakes, so fair play.

so Hermes are the scapegoat then? I've never been told my order was even out for delivery. Who signed off sending out our kits in branded bags ffs? Folk keep saying parcels were damaged, more likely they have been stolen for onsale. £60 a pop.
Hermes would be responsible for the packages. Stolen or otherwise.

Royal mail employ there own staff who drive their company vehicles wear their uniform and uphold their company standards. Hermes use self employed staff who drive round in there own cars and have ultimately no accountability. It's not even close. Hermes are a cowboy outfit we should never have gone anywhere near.

Erm Castore supply the wrapped and addressed product for Hermes to deliver.

That they could not foresee the problems of Rangers marked packaging suggests incompetence.
No, it suggests that Hermes are a totally unprofessional company. They are there to deliver goods, not judge them. Hopefully Hermes got to the bottom of it and there is now a raft of Brendan's and Declans repenting there actions at leisure as they sign the dole.

Perhaps they were naive rather than incompetent.
Someone in the industry said on here the Vermin have their logo plastered over parcels. It's neither naive or incompetent but a despicable consequence of all things Rangers being fair game

So, eh my top has been with Hermes since August 2nd. Where is it now
That's Castores concern. Seems like you're getting a refund and a £25 voucher to try again. It may even still show up, 2 tops for £35 ! Could be a positive with every negative

Waiting on my away top. Hermes have had it since Wednesday even g according to their tracker. Was out for delivery on Thursday.

Still waiting.

Good old tims loosing a company a big contract, in the middle of a global pandemic, with a recession starting to kick in.

All just a jolly craic though

Order arrived this morning via Royal Mail. Tops look great.

What tops you get mate, you happy with the quality, I’ve ordered the navy t-shirt & navy hoodie, I’m like a kid at Christmas waiting for them to come

Last edited:
Royal mail employ there own staff who drive their company vehicles wear their uniform and uphold their company standards. Hermes use self employed staff who drive round in there own cars and have ultimately no accountability. It's not even close. Hermes are a cowboy outfit we should never have gone anywhere near.

I don't think "we" had any choice.

Down to Castore who they use. Presumably they used them before they got the contract & saw no reason to change.

Has anyone had any success returning anything from Rangers / Castore with Hermes ? Got the navy training shorts delivered today, but they are a few inches shorter than the grey ones I have and length is like something that Umbro had in the 80s. I just assumed all training shorts would be the same, but on the size guide it does say 15cm inside Leg length For the navy, which is shorter than the other shorts, but didn’t look when ordering so my fault for not looking. Delivered via Royal Mail but on the returns label it says has to be returned via Hermes. I have found in the past that Hermes ability to return an item is even worse than there delivery service. Or can you return to Rangers store at Ibrox ?

Last edited:
I said in the original thread that castore should bin Hermes. I’m glad they have.
Too many mutants working for them that seen the tops in the Rangers bags and decided to take liberties.

Has anyone had any success returning anything from Rangers / Castore with Hermes ? Got the navy training shorts delivered today, but they are a few inches shorter than the grey ones I have and length is like something that Umbro had in the 80s. I just assumed all training shorts would be the same, but on the size guide it does say 15cm inside Leg length For the navy, which is shorter than the other shorts, but didn’t look when ordering so my fault for not looking. Delivered via Royal Mail but on the returns label it says has to be returned via Hermes. I have found in the past that Hermes ability to return an item is even worse than there delivery service. Or can you return to Rangers store at Ibrox ?
Same here, need to return my daughters top as it’s to small, generated a returns label with hermes as per the instructions and they are picking up in Monday, hoping it’s ok to do this .....

Same here, need to return my daughters top as it’s to small, generated a returns label with hermes as per the instructions and they are picking up in Monday, hoping it’s ok to do this .....
Last time I printed a return label with Hermes and booked for them to collect from my house they never showed up and I had to wait untill they next delivered before I could give them my return.

Back