Catering in Ibrox - How is it possible?

I was at the tasting session and the food was excellent. Since the reality so far has been that only a quarter of the menu we received has been made available. The burgers are far far better than last years but still have a way to go to compare with the tasting.

I’ve said this before but regardless of how poor or slow the staff are the way some fans speak to them is appalling.

I was at the tasting session and the food was excellent. Since the reality so far has been that only a quarter of the menu we received has been made available. The burgers are far far better than last years but still have a way to go to compare with the tasting.

I’ve said this before but regardless of how poor or slow the staff are the way some fans speak to them is appalling.
Agreed here would love it if one of them covered the (unts in juice one day

Burger on Saturday was reasonable. Overpriced but better than the old ones.

Not any better than you’d find in a burger van outside though.

Had one on Tuesday in the SJR and it was the worst burger I’ve ever had.

Maybe I was just unlucky but the guy serving me looked like he felt sorry for me as he handed it over to me.
Can definitely say it’s nowhere nesr the worst I’ve ever had. By the sounds of it you haven’t had one of the old ones. Solid bun flatter than a pancake, no salad or sauce and a rubbery patty. At least these have salad, a burger sauce which is nice and a bun that doesn’t require new teeth after taking a bite.

The selection available seems worse than before, the prices look ridiculous and I can't comment on quality and not a huge lover of hot dogs but thought they looked OK.

Before end of last season the likes of balti pies and lamb hot pot pies appeared in a kiosk in copland front were expensive I think 4 quid ten pence but were very good, they were available for a few months and not pie of the month nonsense.

Now I don't even bother. I'll eat at home

No ice for the water which is stored at room temperature. Water is also decanted out of cardboard cartons into cups for some reason...

Worse than last year and that’s going some. Has to be the most expensive crap going in football.

I've never understood the need to subject yourself to stadium food given that it's fucking rank - it makes Greggs appetising ffs o_O

Surely folk can go a couple of hours without eating :rolleyes:
I know some folk who meet up at the games, like to get in early & have a chat in the club deck concourse over a drink & a pie - it's part of their day, as it were.

The fare on offer will never, ever be value for money - overcharging to a captive audience is the name of the game (like cinemas) - am sure everyone saw the prices at West Ham the other day of £7.30 a pint.

However, the very least the club/their supplier can do is make the stuff decent, at the right temperature, have everything required eg lids & ensure staff serve quickly & are trained to a level of competence that avoid customers thinking they've just wandered in off the street & put on their serving sweatshirt - it's so basic it beggars belief that they can't even get this right.

They ran out of stuff one game an hour before it even started with crowds barely in. That’s not managing based on previous sales.

Don’t need to chill drinks for a week. That can be switched on the night before or even the morning of. It shouldn’t be anything to do with cost effective. It’s about actually selling the product to the proper standard if you are charging premium prices. The prices set should be factored in to cover such overheads (which I bet they are yet not passed down to the quality)

Who wants to drink water that would be better with 2 sugar and milk?
The very first time they ever did any food they ran out.

It is more expensive to turn a fridge on and off than it is to just run it all the time.

Unless you have a rake of fridges, you are never keeping the drinks needed for the full stadium cold anyway.

It is absolutely 100% about cost effectiveness and 100% about nothing else at all. Yes, the prices are higher and the food worse. The same as pretty much any live venue in the world.

It can definitely be done better, the Germans prove that, but the point I was making, and stand by, is that anyone comparing the food on a matchday to places that are always open and always serving, such as a cinema or a Greggs (which is what people are doing on this thread) is in for a hell of a disappointment.

I fully get the "you can go 2 hours without eating" argument and I've never bought food in a stadium but come on - the club should be looking at a way to profit from catering and the worse the food/service is the less you make.
It's a mental thought process. Would they suggest getting rid of hospitality as surely folk can just go along and watch the game without needing food and bevvy? Get rid of the wifi as surely folk can watch the game without needing their phone for a couple of hours, etc. Basically just to back to the 1950's

It's a mental thought process. Would they suggest getting rid of hospitality as surely folk can just go along and watch the game without needing food and bevvy? Get rid of the wifi as surely folk can watch the game without needing their phone for a couple of hours, etc. Basically just to back to the 1950's

Bring back pishing in a can and chucking it, trays of macaroon bars and flat bunnetts.

Seriously though, I get that catering isn't easy. But that doesn't mean it can't be better.

Can’t comment on food but the speed of service is appalling…..took 8 mins to serve the 1 guy in front of me and 4 drinks for me. That was also £12.80, which is, quite frankly, disgusting, for small drinks of flat coke.

Missed the penalty incident and penalty as a result, was not happy lol

Can’t comment on food but the speed of service is appalling…..took 8 mins to serve the 1 guy in front of me and 4 drinks for me. That was also £12.80, which is, quite frankly, disgusting, for small drinks of flat coke.

Missed the penalty incident and penalty as a result, was not happy lol
8 minutes is good, Malmo game last year me and my daughter went on the half time whistle to get something and Malmo had scored two goals long before we got back to our seats!

Had the pies a couple of times now and they are definitely better.

Nothing to rave about, but better than the ones before.

BlackRooster have a food van at Ibrox and it's been absolutely mobbed everytime I've seen it

Foods banging.

Don't see why the club don't just rent kiosks to Dominoes, McDonald's, KFC, burger king, Costa etc. Even bring BR into the concourse.

Not glorious, but at least fast and enjoyable.

I bought a hotdog on Tuesday night and regretted it aaaaalllll night....

Won't be buying anything again.

BlackRooster have a food van at Ibrox and it's been absolutely mobbed everytime I've seen it

Foods banging.

Don't see why the club don't just rent kiosks to Dominoes, McDonald's, KFC, burger king, Costa etc. Even bring BR into the concourse.

We have basic hot plates and microwaves. they all need ovens and deep fat fryers. They are unlikely to want to go to the expense of renting the floor space for about 2 hours a week, put in the needed equipment, make sure staff are brand trained and/or bussed in and then try to turn a profit in such a small window. With nowhere to store stock, the basic circumstances make it difficult to see it as worth it. It is possible, of course it is, but it is not just as easy as getting Maccy D's to pitch up and start flinging bigmacs about.

I feel like I am making excuses for the club here and I am, but only to a degree. Some people here have completely unrealistic expectations for catering at a football ground and are always going to be disappointed as a result. The general consensus seems to be that while there are issues, the food is improving. Hopefully that is a trend that continues.

Foods banging.

Don’t think McDonald’s , KFC, burger king would work since we can’t have fryers . Dominoes is possible if we had the pizza ovens

Does no one at Rangers read these comments and act on them? The SLO or whoever. We never seem to be very proactive on things when most other businesses regularly monitor their online feedback.

If I was the SLO I’d make a list of the common complaints time, poor stock etc and ask them in for a chat. And tell them if it didn’t improve I’d be referring it higher up.

It looks crap, I just got a Fanta and a dairy milk, couldn’t believe the price, it’s no longer king size chocolate either.

Think I’ll be keeping what I buy to an absolute minimum.

Serve up the good stuff at the tasting , revert to type once feet are under the table.

Last edited:
Does no one at Rangers read these comments and act on them? The SLO or whoever. We never seem to be very proactive on things when most other businesses regularly monitor their online feedback.

If I was the SLO I’d make a list of the common complaints time, poor stock etc and ask them in for a chat. And tell them if it didn’t improve I’d be referring it higher up.
Too sensible it won’t catch on.

We have basic hot plates and microwaves. they all need ovens and deep fat fryers. They are unlikely to want to go to the expense of renting the floor space for about 2 hours a week, put in the needed equipment, make sure staff are brand trained and/or bussed in and then try to turn a profit in such a small window. With nowhere to store stock, the basic circumstances make it difficult to see it as worth it. It is possible, of course it is, but it is not just as easy as getting Maccy D's to pitch up and start flinging bigmacs about.

I feel like I am making excuses for the club here and I am, but only to a degree. Some people here have completely unrealistic expectations for catering at a football ground and are always going to be disappointed as a result. The general consensus seems to be that while there are issues, the food is improving. Hopefully that is a trend that continues.

You're making excuses.

That lot have Dominoes, Fried foods.

It gets done all over football, and makes money, as well as serving out decent food.

H
You're making excuses.

That lot have Dominoes, Fried foods.

It gets done all over football, and makes money, as well as serving out decent food.
How much do you think a dominos in each stand would net the club?

The fried food is a different matter and would need infrastructure changes that would cost a good bit.

Choice and value wise it’s far worse than last year. Crisps and chocolate bars are smaller despite the price going up. The quality may have been suspect but there was a pretty decent choice of hot food and wraps last year. On the positive side they seem to have plenty of trained staff so service isn’t too bad - at least in GR.

Be interesting how black rooster do the chicken then and the chips if they have them in the stand. Because you legally can only hot hold chicken for so long temp wise.

So how’s it being replenished if they can’t be cooking it due to fryer issues unless installing some form of ovens I guess

Tuesday was my first night trying the new food.

Guys in Bar L will get better quality grub than we get at Ibrox.

I bought a hot dog, bit into it and it genuinely felt like I bit into a big bit of rubber.

Took it back to the kiosk and got it replaced with the old faithful Steak Pie x2.. only ate one as they were pish.

We've somehow went backwards in terms of quality.. its actualy hilarious :))

Tuesday was my first night trying the new food.

Guys in Bar L will get better quality grub than we get at Ibrox.

I bought a hot dog, bit into it and it genuinely felt like I bit into a big bit of rubber.

Took it back to the kiosk and got it replaced with the old faithful Steak Pie x2.. only ate one as they were pish.

We've somehow went backwards in terms of quality.. its actualy hilarious :))
Mind the pictures from the mygers tasting night, knew it was too good to be true

Back