Cedric Itten

For sure. Koln, on the other hand, is kind of like the Newcastle of Germany I'd say. Mid table, but amazing fans and club culture.

"Eines Tages, eines Tages, eines Tages wird’s geschehn, ja dann fahren wir nach Mailand, um den FC Köln zu sehn" - One day, one day it will happen and then we'll go to Milan to see Koln. That's their fan song/motto. Another club who should be bigger than they are!

I hated them in ‘78 for obvious reasons . Flohe diving around at Ibrox sticks in the mind. Just about forgiven them now.

McCoist wasn’t liked when he first came, became a legend. Itten needs game time and a game to suit him. Raw but I like him and think he can do a turn if given a chance and right game play

McCoist wasn’t liked when he first came, became a legend. Itten needs game time and a game to suit him. Raw but I like him and think he can do a turn if given a chance and right game play
He’s too slow and soft to cut it at rangers imho hope I’m wrong though cos it was a fairly big fee we paid for him

He will never see the inside of the RTC again but I admire the sentiment. He was signed inclusive of Morelos, and SG said this before the deal was even done, we needed other options up top as we relied on Alfie too much that season.

Itten is the same as Sakala, an honest trier but ultimately not good enough.

Give me back the old Alfie, the snarling one who led our line brilliantly and scored for fun. The version we now have has been shorn of what made him feared, now he looks as though he can't be arsed, whilst struggling to score.

Yeah, I get we relied upon Alfie way too much and had to bring others in to share the load but in doing so we appeared to have ruined him.

When other teams play five across the back then he’s lost. He hasn’t got the touch and turn to get away and create space.
I would love to see him play against a back three in Scottish football, but that ain’t going to happen soon.

Itten is the same as Sakala, an honest trier but ultimately not good enough.

Give me back the old Alfie, the snarling one who led our line brilliantly and scored for fun. The version we now have has been shorn of what made him feared, now he looks as though he can't be arsed, whilst struggling to score.

Yeah, I get we relied upon Alfie way too much and had to bring others in to share the load but in doing so we appeared to have ruined him.
Nice to see we're not rushing to judgement on Sakala.

Koeln have equalised get Ced on
Edit : Koeln double their lead. Fuerth will be staying nailed to the bottom if nothing changes.

Itten will do well with the right team. We're not it, which makes the signing all the more confusing especially at nearly 3m.

Was it a Cologne player in the Late 80s that McCoist got sent off for lamping?
Forgot about that EB. The ‘78-79 episode was unforgettable though, as we’d done so well.

The game was actually played in March 1979 on a Thursday night. The scheduled Wednesday night game was put off due to bad weather.

I‘ve good reason to remember it because it fell right during my second year uni finals. I left the Wednesday exam early (without going through the usual checking) as it was going to be a struggle to get to Ibrox on time. Outside I found out the game was postponed until the following evening. So the following day, I again left the exam early and got to the game on time.

As it happened, I failed both exams by a narrow margin which meant I’d to resit the whole bloody year.

Staunch points maybe, but I wouldn’t recommend that path. As for Cologne, like Marseille, I live in hope we screw them both royally one day.

Barely had a touch of the ball in his 20 minutes or so on the field.
sometimes the best team players seldom touch the ball. The coach sets them the task to draw opponents out of position, so that others can take advantage of the space.
Is this the best use of talent, who knows, but, for example, in our formation we expect Morelos to forgo the adoration of scoring for the satisfaction of contributing.

It didnt help that McCoist had knocked us back 2 years previously.
Goram wasnt liked when he first arrived, in fact he was crap to start with.

Forgot about that EB. The ‘78-79 episode was unforgettable though, as we’d done so well.

The game was actually played in March 1979 on a Thursday night. The scheduled Wednesday night game was put off due to bad weather.

I‘ve good reason to remember it because it fell right during my second year uni finals. I left the Wednesday exam early (without going through the usual checking) as it was going to be a struggle to get to Ibrox on time. Outside I found out the game was postponed until the following evening. So the following day, I again left the exam early and got to the game on time.

As it happened, I failed both exams by a narrow margin which meant I’d to resit the whole bloody year.

Staunch points maybe, but I wouldn’t recommend that path. As for Cologne, like Marseille, I live in hope we screw them both royally one day.

That's what this forum is all about mate, great stories. I'm sure there were many bears in a similar predicament when we played in the UEFA Cup final back in 08.

Staunch as m8.

Itten will do well with the right team. We're not it, which makes the signing all the more confusing especially at nearly 3m.
Not really that strange considering the number of goals he scored in the season before we signed him. it maybe hasn’t worked out for him yet or it might never at Rangers but hes a good finisher and will score goals somewhere if given the chance imo

Cracking story there, just shows the commitment of some of our fans. I’d have done the same!.

Could have got Lyndon Dykes or Kevin Nisbet for less wages.

They missed the boat not getting Nisbet when he was a free from Dunfermline.

Dykes is utterly dross though, and Nisbet is a bitter crash barrier. So yeah, absolutely gutted we didn't sign them...

Ced got a massive 27 mins, what’s the point of the loan.

Meanwhile I fear Sakala isn’t the replacement we’d hope for.

Has anyone said he's a superstar?

Also, Nisbet is pish.
Never said he was.
But you would think he was going by some people’s accounts of his past Rangers games.

It’s all about opinions.Totally get that, but bottom line is if he was that good, Itten would not be playing in Germany right now.

As for Nisbett, your opinion is perfectly valid.
I am not sure.He knows where the goals are, and would only benefit from playing with a team that makes many chances.

But there is only one opinion that matters.
And it’s not yours, or mine.
And going by most people’s account Gerrard rates him.
Tbc

he was the only one in the team doing anything. First half he chased defenders, held the balll, laid it off but had nobody behind him. His performance in malmo was better than our strikers last night for example.

His hold up play was poor, he was coming too deep, he was hesitant and wasteful. There were a number of occasions where Gerrard came out his technical area and demanded more from Itten.

Furth should have signed Shankland.
Shankland for all the slagging he gets did make a move abroad which is usually seen by you lot as being even more exciting than milf tv.

Im not so sure these players like Shankland, Dykes or any others that younger posters laugh at would not have done well for Rangers. Shankland can finish both can win headers we are crying out for someone that gets on the end of crosses.

We are also going through all the strikers or forward players we have(i accept i do it myself i dont see what Hagi offers most of the time) and having a go at all of them when really its our system and style of football which is awful.

Beerschot are dreadful and I’m sure Shankland is struggling for game time over in Belgium. No surprise as he’s just not very good.

When other teams play five across the back then he’s lost. He hasn’t got the touch and turn to get away and create space.
I would love to see him play against a back three in Scottish football, but that ain’t going to happen soon.

How many did he score against Motherwell? They were the most negative team to come to Ibrox in years

I have similar recollections and was at both the away and home legs.

Didn’t fail any exams right enough but remember trying to understand some incomprehensible accountancy text book on the bus to Cologne.

Dykes is utterly dross though, and Nisbet is a bitter crash barrier. So yeah, absolutely gutted we didn't sign them...

Never knew we had Greuther Fürth fans on here.

the-joke-you-over-your.gif

Big mistake letting him and Katic go out on loan.
Seeing Bassey going for headers gave me the fear the other night.
As for Sakala, he simply is not good enough for Rangers.

You are ready to throw the towel in on Sakala after what 4 or 5 games.
I honestly think some of our fans think they are playing Champ Manager and the new signings start scoring as soon as they play.
These guys need time to settle, he missed a pre season and has not had a run in the team, give the guy time ffs.

You are ready to throw the towel in on Sakala after what 4 or 5 games.
I honestly think some of our fans think they are playing Champ Manager and the new signings start scoring as soon as they play.
These guys need time to settle, he missed a pre season and has not had a run in the team, give the guy time ffs.
Funny that I seem to remember plenty telling us Morelos wasn't good enough for Ramgers either. Players need their own time. They may be great or not but you can't judge any player on a few outings.

Never said he was.
But you would think he was going by some people’s accounts of his past Rangers games.

It’s all about opinions.Totally get that, but bottom line is if he was that good, Itten would not be playing in Germany right now.

As for Nisbett, your opinion is perfectly valid.
I am not sure.He knows where the goals are, and would only benefit from playing with a team that makes many chances.

But there is only one opinion that matters.
And it’s not yours, or mine.
And going by most people’s account Gerrard rates him.
Tbc

A wee bit of a contradiction here tbh because he's currently playing at a much higher level than the SPFL but I get your point.

Would Nesbit get a game with a Bundesliga side, I'm not so sure.

FWIW I don't think either of them are good enough to be regular starters for Rangers.

Totally agree it looks like a mistake letting both go. Especially Katic as we are looking like a disaster zone at CB. However our biggest fault is a long-term one: The fact that our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th choice CB‘s are all non Scots. This is proving a disaster for us in Europe because of the non-Scots limits.

Totally agree it looks like a mistake letting both go. Especially Katic as we are looking like a disaster zone at CB. However our biggest fault is a long-term one: The fact that our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th choice CB‘s are all non Scots. This is proving a disaster for us in Europe because of the non-Scots limits.
The slot Jack Simpson has should definitely be held by a Scottish player

Back