Celtic’s New Chief Exec holds forum with their support

Why Eddie Howe would touch that job still astounds me.

Always felt it was career suicide for him and reading this only strengthens that view.
Reading that and assuming it's true, it seems to me that Howe is anything but signed sealed and delivered despite the noise in the media.

I agree with you in that it's a strange career move for him.

Why couldn't the profoundly ill faux journalist tell them any of this? Was he even invited to the Zoom forum? Hell, was he even sent the Whatsapp? :))

The corrugated edifice will be close to empty next season. Another early exit from Europe and drubbing from Rangers, and there will be more barriers up.
The collapse has been spectacular.

You have to ask, if 30k took their refund for an incomplete season last Summer just how many will be wanting their cash back for this season? I assume they haven’t offered a refund this season?
Is it much of a stretch to imagine that a similar number didn’t even buy a ST for this season given that they were not able attend?

What a start to the weekend btw :))

I don't understand why their finances are in such a sorry state. It's not as if they have had to shell out a fortune in bonus money this season.

For the players maybe but the yahoo fat cat board probably took home many millions in bonuses.

Lawwell is the highest paid football CEO in the UK and gets a £2.3m bonus every January if they "won" the league the previous season. No doubt Desmond/Bankier and others are taking huge dividends out as well.

This is why they are so angry about Rangers issuing new shares cause their own muppet board see that club as nothing more than a cash cow to be exploited and robbed.

Weren’t there stories from a few months back about the Celtic trust trying to get refunds for their members for this season ?

Sure it was around when it started hitting the fan around the time they were chasing Lennon out the door and the team bus down a road ?
Shameful from the Celtic distrust out of all their fans

if you have been consistently told how cash rich your club is for the best part of ten years, then it is no wonder so many took a refund.
That will be the excuse of any t,arrier that takes a refund and will try to justify it , when we all know they have never needed the money more :D .

I have to ask, is everyone passing comment on those taking refunds a season ticket holder themselves? even though we’ve won this year, I’m hardly delighted that I basically had to donate £500 this season to keep my seat.
You didn't donate anything. Like the rest of us, you paid to keep the club afloat. I have done so for next season as well and will continue to do so for as long as God spares me. Its not anyone else's job to make sure we have a team to support, it is ours.

Corned beef face Keech will be along in a minute to say what a triumph the meeting was and how happy the faithful are that big Dom is in charge!!!

So it sounds like they don’t really know what structure changes they need to make and are clearly nowhere near implementing them. They have the biggest rebuild for 20 years on their hands and don’t have a recruitment team, manager or DOF in place.

They clearly are not getting any investment other than ST and player sales. Everything is pointing towards next season being a rebuild season and practically a write off. This is where we need to be ruthless, add more quality to the team and ensure we get that guaranteed CL revenue
Last season for historical value ,has been well , the best ever , but for dominance purposes this could be even more important .

I don't understand why their finances are in such a sorry state. It's not as if they have had to shell out a fortune in bonus money this season.

It's being held in reserve for rebuilding their shitey stadium in case them and the SNP can't come up with an excuse to have ScotGov fund it.

Then there's the Thomson Solicitors Fighting Fund...

I work with a few Celtic fans and they were very, very excited about this forum.

'That's what the hold up has been, Howe will be announced when 'Dom' has this meeting' etc etc

I said to them, as I've said on here, its been weeks and weeks since the Howe rumours started and its went from a stick on to yesterday's 'its been frustrating,. lot of work to do'. There's clearly been a breakdown between them and Howe, or maybe Howe has taken one look at their squad, and money available, and thought F*ck this' but Celtic are still trying to convince him.

One of the notes from their meeting yesterday was that season tickets are being held off till the end of May as they don't have a 'Sales proposition'. Sounds to me like they have absolutely nothing imminent that will get the fans renewing.
Thanks for clarifying what that sales proposition comment meant in the WhatsApp message as I wasn't quite following that one

That mob have a strange fascination with ‘added value’ on their STs.

They paid for them with their eyes wide open just like we did, fully knowing it was absolutely up in the air whether you were going to see any games in person due to the restrictions.

Total toys out the pram job due to them being shite this year, long may it continue.
I didn't even especially understand what they meant by added value tbh? I bought my season ticket this time last year not expecting anything, essentially it was a donation to the club and me keeping my seat. And the access to RTV, which on the whole was really good.

What else were they expecting?

It's being held in reserve for rebuilding their shitey stadium in case them and the SNP can't come up with an excuse to have ScotGov fund it.

Then there's the Thomson Solicitors Fighting Fund...
Bottom line is their whole model was on buying low and selling high, along with CL money every season. Their transfer policy has been insane for years now and well, CL isn't happening. At some point you have a choice, either change your club to better reflect the realities of the money coming in. Or drain through your reserves in the hope the next signing or next CL qualifier is the one that will see you ok.

Like King said, pack of cards. It was all so fragile.

It makes you wonder, was Liewell really a good CEO?

As it looks like he has been asleep at the wheel for the last 2 or 3 years.

Celtic fans, best fans in the world but when the club offers a refund that could hurt them financially if they take it, then a large majority of their fans take that refund. Then ask why there might be no money to spend???

No DOF, no manager, by the looks of it potentially next to no players come summer time and they still haven't put out their season ticket renewals. How can their renewals not be out yet?

They are in a fair bit of disarray if those meeting notes are true.

We really need to keep applying that pressure, we need to keep putting them down.

I was thinking the scumhut hierarchy were holding back the announcement of their new manager until tomorrow to take the headlines from us.

It appears I gave them more credit than they deserve and all is not well at Trumpton Towers, which is just beautiful.

Laughing at posh bloke trying to appease their madness by using noisy neighbors when they just want him to howl sevcoooooo.
McKay is a totally different character to Lawwell, who was in the same job bracket but was essentially a fully paid up rattler. I think this new man will have already been taken aback at what he has learned about the financial position of this rancid club. Also there is the child abuse compensation and stigma to take into account.

Would never blame any individual for taking a refund but 30k en masse seems crazy numbers, surely can't be true considering the numbers we gave a refund. Hope its true thoughB-)

The club is in a very poor way at the minute, and the board should resign because of their gross mismanagement. We have went from being comfortable and dominant, to needing an entire overhaul of the playing squad and management with cash reserves depleted. Fan engagement at an all time low. The people in charge have to be held accountable. Their days of riding the gravy train should be over. This season has exposed them for the lazy, greedy charlatans they are. They are ripping the heart and soul out of Celtic, but doing it in a way that is costing the club millions and setting us back years

Inject that into my veins!!!!

Would never blame any individual for taking a refund but 30k en masse seems crazy numbers, surely can't be true considering the numbers we gave a refund. Hope its true thoughB-)
Why can't it be true?

Why are so many doubting this merely because "WhatsApp"

The minutes from this meeting have been confirmed across multiple sources online.

Even on this board we've seen screenshot or copy and pastes of 2 different accounts of the meeting both saying the same things.

And agree with this.

Nobody is knocking the odd individual who is a bit skint during this time taking the refund. Its the fact that 30k of the self proclaimed greatest fans in the world, faithful fru and fru, took refunds.

Not one Rangers fan would be delighted to pay £500 to basically keep their seat.

But with a few minuscule exceptions, we all did it.

And we are doing it again, there is still no guarantee of fans at football next season.

We are the people.

I have to ask, is everyone passing comment on those taking refunds a season ticket holder themselves? even though we’ve won this year, I’m hardly delighted that I basically had to donate £500 this season to keep my seat.
Yes and you weren't forced. Worth every penny. And you got to see every home game for that, so not quite 500 quid.

McKay is a totally different character to Lawwell, who was in the same job bracket but was essentially a fully paid up rattler. I think this new man will have already been taken aback at what he has learned about the financial position of this rancid club. Also there is the child abuse compensation and stigma to take into account.
Is he?

I think the 'half of nothing' , 'the noisy neighbours' and the 'season ticket in the South stand' are good indicators that he will be as hate-driven as Lawwell.

Celtic fans, best fans in the world but when the club offers a refund that could hurt them financially if they take it, then a large majority of their fans take that refund. Then ask why there might be no money to spend???

No DOF, no manager, by the looks of it potentially next to no players come summer time and they still haven't put out their season ticket renewals. How can their renewals not be out yet?

We really need to keep applying that pressure, we need to keep putting them down.

2 votes.

2012 and the COVID fiasco of 2020.

He’s a sleekit cuńt.

Why can't it be true?

Why are so many doubting this merely because "WhatsApp"

The minutes from this meeting have been confirmed across multiple sources online.

Even on this board we've seen screenshot or copy and pastes of 2 different accounts of the meeting both saying the same things.
Yep, there were rumours amongst the tramp hordes months ago that the club were panicking about refund requests.

Liewell got good press and they done his job for him regarding PR for them and against us. Which was put in place by john reid (spit). This made it easy for him

Their marque manager wasnt even signed by him either, it was Dirty Dermot. He signed up Lennon in the showers!

2 votes.

2012 and the COVID fiasco of 2020.

He’s a sleekit cuńt.

He didnt get his way in 2012 either, he wanted us relegated one division and hamstrung on our return. He knew they would lose money without us and lost circa £10m per year while we were away.

He certainly is sleekit.

He was arrogant. The support took refunds because they were arrogant.

There’s a storm brewing of the perfect variety.

IF they hadn’t done so well in the transfer market in the last decade they’d be totally fućked..

Rangers will have a good idea whether season tickets will sell out again for next season by the time they put there's on sale.

Meaning we will be able to plan ahead while they won't know what kind of budget they are working with.

Crazy how disorganised they are.

Back