Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

• Aug 1996: After the story broke, Burns rushed to Cairney’s home (a man he considered a close friend). He told waiting reporters “He has the whole of my backing and that of Celtic Football Club to a man“. The following day, an angry McCann issued a statement to the press stating: “While I sympathise with Tommy Burns’ personal position as a friend of Mr Cairney, the club cannot condone or defend or take sides in a matter which involves a criminal complaint“. In response, Burns said he had been misquoted and actually said: “He has my backing and I’m sure he will have the backing of several members of the first team who played for Frank at under-16 level“. Torbett went in to hiding at the home of two former youth players – William and Andrew Gilbert.

Gilbert. This name rings a bell. Is this the cretin who has been harassing the Gray family on twitter?

tangledupinblue is also correct in saying - and this is wrong thread - that in a few years we will see SNP ditched for a Scottish Republican Party which will be pro Yes, and jam packed with every single c*** who hates us.
Completely agree Earl. Scotland is going down a very dangerous path. It has to be stopped. Watching the SNP collaborating basically with Irish republicanism is frightening for the future.

It can't get any worse...can it? So many glaring appointments.

Torbett replaced by Cairney as General manager, Cairney is replaced by Torbett on his release and then Gerald King replaces Torbett. But at one point they are all there at the same time under different roles.

It really is a mindfuck how they have done all this with no one doing anything about it.

Oh I think people knew, certainly.

True.

I just thought you were suggesting he was a paedo. Who knows what more we’ll find ?

There’s no evidence he has committed sexual crimes. I was pointing out he is your typical Celtic bigot through and through, the very type who will defend this poisonous club to the bitter end. There is not one among them, past or present who has the decency to call them out.

Plenty of questions needing asked of the Kelly Brothers as well as Mr & Mrs McGinn then

The Kellys are cousins.

My view is that there were expectations (and hopes) this whole issue would end with the passing of the former Celtic directors of that era. The recent charges and convictions, the Barry Bennell case and the Mark Daly documentary have brought matters to the fore again.

However, no politician or journo seems able to spell out the key issue - why did these directors tolerate this kind of behaviour for so long? We are looking at organised pederasty. To get an answer would probably need a public inquiry.

Although there were rumours about one, I don't think any of the Celtic directors were particularly wealthy and the main motivation may have been the close business relationship with Torbett. Guys like Cairney also seem to have been popular within the club.

I have a recollection, on your point above, that they were allowed to buy a number of streets at the north east corner of the ground, including Janefield St, for £1 each from the council. I’m sure it was labour. And almost every one of their committee who agreed it were Celtic fans ?

Does anyone else remember this ?

There is enough out there to shut that gangster mob down. I think there should be a sticky to remind us and any lurkers and discuss their dodgy dealings and conduct both on and off the park. I don't think this thread is the right one though as it steers away from the main issue at the moment.

I would like admin to bump or restart the thread with the chart illustrating all the connections with Lawwell, Coors, SFA, Labour, Nolan Partners, etc. Whoever made it was brilliant and could be doing with more including one with Paedo connections and another with the SNP web of deceit. And make them sticky's. Including links to If You Knew Their History, Football Tax Havens and The Man The Beasts Can't Tame.

There is enough out there to shut that gangster mob down. I think there should be a sticky to remind us and any lurkers and discuss their dodgy dealings and conduct both on and off the park. I don't think this thread is the right one though as it steers away from the main issue at the moment.

I would like admin to bump or restart the thread with the chart illustrating all the connections with Lawwell, Coors, SFA, Labour, Nolan Partners, etc. Whoever made it was brilliant and could be doing with more including one with Paedo connections and another with the SNP web of deceit. And make them sticky's. Including links to If You Knew Their History, Football Tax Havens and The Man The Beasts Can't Tame.

Great shout mate. Get it all on there & let’s laugh at their retort :D

Once it crystallises to the point where hacks fear that continuing to excuse them, or even just keep schtum, risks being labelled a paedophile apologist, they’re sunk.
When we were hung out to dry by the Scottish Media it started off with a drip feed and eventually into a frenzy. That lot were smug as fúck during it and acting like they knew it was coming. It was engineered to our detriment.
I feel that this time the tables have turned and the media in the main (not all) have for some time now waited. Something tells me that they have realised they got caught up in the shitstorm and lied to about certain things all for the benefit of one team and bided their time to give Lawwell a taste of his own medicine. Wishful thinking maybe but it just seems to have intensified which I never expected from that lot.

Last edited:
Great shout mate. Get it all on there & let’s laugh at their retort :D
It's no laughing matter what has went on with the dodgy dealings and no one has been taken to task. If it was any other country the opposition would be all over it but not in this tinpot place. SNP won't touch it with a bargepole as they need their votes and wouldn't be in the position without them. Why Conservative don't open up the can of worms is a mystery to me.

Keep the emails going to the sponsors lads. These are the guys we need to keep the pressure on. All it takes is one to pull out. I just got a response from New Balance. Lame, but a response all the same.

Thank you for contacting New Balance. We greatly appreciate your feedback and have forwarded it to the appropriate teams at New Balance for their consideration and review.
Thank you again for taking the time to reach out to us.

Kind regards,
Sam

SAM HALLIDAY
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER UK & IRELAND

NEW BALANCE ATHLETIC SHOES UK LTD.
APPLETON HOUSE
430 BIRCHWOOD BOULEVARD
BIRCHWOOD, WARRINGTON
CHESHIRE. WA3 7WD

T +44 1925 423 117
M +44 7710 345 092
newbalance.co.uk

Sent: 01/06/2019 23:49
To: nbukcs@newbalance.co.uk
Subject: [EXT] CEO email address

The Kellys are cousins.

My view is that there were expectations (and hopes) this whole issue would end with the passing of the former Celtic directors of that era. The recent charges and convictions, the Barry Bennell case and the Mark Daly documentary have brought matters to the fore again.

However, no politician or journo seems able to spell out the key issue - why did these directors tolerate this kind of behaviour for so long? We are looking at organised pederasty. To get an answer would probably need a public inquiry.

Although there were rumours about one, I don't think any of the Celtic directors were particularly wealthy and the main motivation may have been the close business relationship with Torbett. Guys like Cairney also seem to have been popular within the club.

I stand corrected as I thought the Kellys were brothers.

I suspect much like yourself, that Celtic will be hoping that the reaper comes calling before any court action for KK & JM.

Hopefully these two have not been missed by the media but how damming would it be if MK knew about Torbetts abuse while serving as Glasgow Lord Provost

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-barry-bennell-cousin-mothers-sister-murdered

Andy Woodward interview re getting abused by Bennell

Article and reporter names some of the beasts at Nonce FC

Harrowing and given the extent of the numbers it’s a cancer that needs cut out yet we have a mhedia up here who have suppressed this scandal

SNP Govt refusing to tackle the abuse at Nonce FC needs investigated too

This is indeed a harrowing read, everybody should read it. This is one victims life, and it is impossible to think what hell he must've went through, and still be going through everyday. Imagine the number of other lives that have been ruined because of these people and the ones who turned a blind eye. There should be no hiding place for any of them.
Justice for all victims!

Received a reply from Dafabet online bookmakers today regarding my concerns with their sponsorship of Celtic.

My initial e-mail to them:

Could I ask if you are aware of the current ongoing child sexual abuse investigations regarding Celtic football club of which Dafabet is the main club sponsor?

Within the last year there has been 4 separate convictions against former employees of Celtic f.c for crimes of a sexual nature against minors spanning several decades and it appears there is many more to come.

As a customer of Dafabet I am becoming increasingly concerned that the good name of the company will be affected by these criminal cases as they are now being reported, almost daily, within the mainstream media.

—————————-

Dafabet replied:

Just to explain and help clarify, Dafabet UK is not in any way of support to such accusations.

I understand that you are concerned about the situation. However, we cannot provide a statement on this matter at the moment.

Your views and opinions are highly valued. Should there be any statement released, it will be on our major platforms.

———————-

I would urge any Bears who have Dafabet accounts to also query the company’s stance on being the official main sponsor of a football club that has harboured a paedophile ring for over 30 years.

Imagine the headlines if their main sponsor cancelled their contract and cut all association with them while going public with the news - thus giving more power to the victims of Celtic f.c in their quest for justice.

It would spark a domino effect and no right-minded company would touch them with a barge pole.

so that we can contact them en masse to say we will no longer deal with their company because of their association with a peadophile ring?

That’s what I meant by what a dilema.
You’re just an ordinary guy, ok , one of a few, probably none of you have any experience of foreign laws and you find out that there is the possibility of 2 kids under your care being detained under protective custody.
I know I’d shit myself and get them all all to feck out of there and back home to their parents.
However, this is no excuse for he subsequent cover up. None at all. I don’t think all the staff were scummy bastards, all complicit in covering up a crime yes.
But then look at the list of those who must have known. We got all dewy eyed and applauded one a few weeks ago. FS , even Kenny Dalglish was at Celtic during the Torbett era. He probably knew also.
This whole feckin sick episode needs a thorough and proper investigation .
The way that lack of interest being shown in this up until now, suggests to me there were some high ranking people also involved.
Is it still going on?

Fair amount of sense in that post.

I'd compare what those who knew have done with those at the BBC and Savile (and not just because of possible links between Savile, Bennel, Celtic, Kevin Kelly and Paedo Priests.

Loads of people in big positions at the BBC knew about Savile and did nothing with the excuse that he was so powerful, it would have harmed their careers.

I think there's a point where you put others first and certainly when it's abused kids that should be the case. An awful lot of people must have a severe amount of guilt over the entire cover up...but I guess a number of them can wish it all away at confession. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately I doubt that any of the companies will take these emails seriously, and will just see it as opposition fans trying to point score/gloat. I wouldn't be surprised if celtic have taken steps to warn them that this kind of thing will happen.

Keep the pressure up lads. They we're absolutely fųcking rabid when we were on our knees, it was unbelievable the lengths they went to hurt us and still are.

I want them punished, stripped of titles then closed down. Their victims need justice NOW.
You have your last line in the wrong order.

Justice for those who were abused then worry about sanctions against the entity.

Let's not forget who who this is about.

If anyone wants justice for this, instead of going after Celtic they need to go after Desmond. He is the head of the serpent right now and hates spotlight. If people start going at him with questions around child abuse things will happen.

This is not aimed at posters on Follow Follow of course but of journos and MSPs etc.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-barry-bennell-cousin-mothers-sister-murdered

Andy Woodward interview re getting abused by Bennell

Article and reporter names some of the beasts at Nonce FC

Harrowing and given the extent of the numbers it’s a cancer that needs cut out yet we have a mhedia up here who have suppressed this scandal

SNP Govt refusing to tackle the abuse at Nonce FC needs investigated too
Very sad and disturbing read,what that beast bennell put that family through.
Shocking story.

Received a reply from Dafabet online bookmakers today regarding my concerns with their sponsorship of Celtic.

Could I ask if you are aware of the current ongoing child sexual abuse investigations regarding Celtic football club of which Dafabet is the main club sponsor?

Within the last year there has been 4 separate convictions against former employees of Celtic f.c for crimes of a sexual nature against minors spanning several decades and it appears there is many more to come.

As a customer of Dafabet I am becoming increasingly concerned that the good name of the company will be affected by these criminal cases as they are now being reported, almost daily, within the mainstream media.

—————————-

Dafabet replied:

Just to explain and help clarify, Dafabet UK is not in any way of support to such accusations.

I understand that you are concerned about the situation. However, we cannot provide a statement on this matter at the moment.

Your views and opinions are highly valued. Should there be any statement released, it will be on our major platforms.

———————-

I would urge any Bears who have Dafabet accounts to also query the company’s stance on being the official main sponsor of a football club that has harboured a paedophile ring for over 30 years.

Imagine the headlines if their main sponsor cancelled their contract and cut all association with them while going public with the news - thus giving more power to the victims of Celtic f.c in their quest for justice.

It would spark a domino effect and no right-minded company would touch them with a barge pole.
Well done, I have had nothing from my 2 emails to new balance

—————————-

Dafabet replied:

———————-

Well Done mate I've had 4 replies so far one from Nirvana Europe, I've had 2 from MrGreene 1st one said they were aware of it and then another one from them an update saying it's been passed on inhouse and then this morning from New Balance who are passing it on to the relevant people for consideration and review. And for any lurking tramps Tic,Toc,Tic,Toc

Some of the major shareholders in Celtic are American banks.

Not sure if they are for some shareholders to hide their identity or genuine shareholders in it for profit.

That’s the most encouraging bit for me Zander. That suggests they’re genuinely watching developments closely.

The DK Pack of Cards comment may take on a new meaning soon ?
At the moment to me means until there is an official inquiry they won’t comment purely for legal reasons.
We need the inquiry now! Then imo not one of these sponsors will stand by that vile club. All it takes is one to walk away and they’ll all follow.

At the moment to me means until there is an official inquiry they won’t comment purely for legal reasons.
We need the inquiry now! Then imo not one of these sponsors will stand by that vile club. All it takes is one to walk away and they’ll all follow.

Agree, but I don’t think these things will happen quickly mate.
In saying that, every day that these things hang over them must make them & their sponsors more uncomfortable.

Back