Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Good work.

I've decided to go down another route, I've held fire on contacting my MSP and MP for the time being.

Once I get a response to the request I sent to the Justice Minister, I'm off to see my MSP and MP in person at the local surgery - details of which I've found online. I'd rather sit down face to face with these people and lay out the facts, request they take the matter up on my behalf as their constituent.

In saying that I've also checked out their backgrounds online. On the face of it we don't appear to have a great deal in common. I'm sure as hell not letting that put me off, much rather put them on the spot face to face than be palmed of by an e-mail which is probably sent by one of their lackies.

Can't help but think these meetings won't end well, absolutely determined to put them on the spot and see their reaction first hand.
Brilliant mate. They need to be challenged on the subject from every angle possible.
The sickening thing to me is that it’s normal citizens pushing for a public inquiry whereas I think any decent politician should think it’s their duty.

The highest-ranking Catholic leader in England and Wales defended the reputation of the church rather than protecting children in the face of allegations of sexual abuse, a report by the independent sexual abuse inquiry has concluded.

The archbishop of Westminster, Cardinal Vincent Nichols, was heavily criticised in the 65-page report for his inadequate response to sexual abuse claims when he was archbishop of Birmingham from 2002 to 2009.

Nichols “focused too much on the reputation of the church during his tenure, rather than the welfare of children and the impacts of child sexual abuse on victims and survivors,” the independent inquiry into child sexual abuse (IICSA) said. “Children could have been saved from abuse if the church had not been so determined to protect its own reputation above all else.”

This part in para 3 jumps out

Which football club in Scotland with a paedo ring does this remind you of !!!
As with Cardinal Punch a Pape in Scotland the cult not only ignores all forms of sex abuse but promotes the swines who ignored/hid it.
Orders from the Vatican no doubt.

Good work.

I've decided to go down another route, I've held fire on contacting my MSP and MP for the time being.

Once I get a response to the request I sent to the Justice Minister, I'm off to see my MSP and MP in person at the local surgery - details of which I've found online. I'd rather sit down face to face with these people and lay out the facts, request they take the matter up on my behalf as their constituent.

In saying that I've also checked out their backgrounds online. On the face of it we don't appear to have a great deal in common. I'm sure as hell not letting that put me off, much rather put them on the spot face to face than be palmed of by an e-mail which is probably sent by one of their lackies.

Can't help but think these meetings won't end well, absolutely determined to put them on the spot and see their reaction first hand.

more chance of witnessing the second coming of jesus than a reply from " useless "

Good work.

Record the meeting on your phone on the sly

His tweets read as though he's fallen hook line and sinker for the usual 'we do our best to take these matters very seriously and ensure this never happens again'.

He'll surely be aware that Celtic and the very SFA he's meeting with have a lot to hide and yet he's praising them for their set up, revolting.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, Adam Tomkins continues to hand the Fat Japanese his arse on a plate.

D9l0gAXXoAA9TEo.jpg

Things are becoming very uncomfortable for Celtic and Mr Lawwell.

The highest-ranking Catholic leader in England and Wales defended the reputation of the church rather than protecting children in the face of allegations of sexual abuse, a report by the independent sexual abuse inquiry has concluded.

The archbishop of Westminster, Cardinal Vincent Nichols, was heavily criticised in the 65-page report for his inadequate response to sexual abuse claims when he was archbishop of Birmingham from 2002 to 2009.

Nichols “focused too much on the reputation of the church during his tenure, rather than the welfare of children and the impacts of child sexual abuse on victims and survivors,” the independent inquiry into child sexual abuse (IICSA) said. “Children could have been saved from abuse if the church had not been so determined to protect its own reputation above all else.”

This part in para 3 jumps out

Which football club in Scotland with a paedo ring does this remind you of !!!

Shocking but not surprising mate.

Interesting pint in this. Many of us including myself have been writing to so many people & bodies on this.
Has anyone written to this IICSA on the Celtic scandal guys ?

Time for Mr.Tompkins to turn the screw in holyrood now by calling them out over their secret investigations and also the SNP's reluctance for comment or action on this whole issue.

Only a full and independent public inquiry is sufficient now from Holyrood and the First Minister regarding the colossal scale of criminal acts that took part at the Piggery and elsewhere. All who knew and refused to contact the police should be named and shamed, from Kelly, McGinn, Stein, McNeil, etc, downwards. Justice for the victims must be seen to be done.

His tweets read as though he's fallen hook line and sinker for the usual 'we do our best to take these matters very seriously and ensure this never happens again'.

He'll surely be aware that Celtic and the very SFA he's meeting with have a lot to hide and yet he's praising them for their set up, revolting.
Spot on. SFA declare 'look at us, we've locked the stable door after the horse has bolted - it won't happen again'.

Not good enough. Expected nothing more from them to be honest, disgusted.

Good to see Tompkins is working on this, and he sounds impressed with the measures that the SFA are now taking to safeguard children in the future.

Couple of things that struck me, he mentions that they (SFA) have been working on it for months, seems very strange that child safety has only just become an issue for them. And there wasn't anything about inquiry to find out what was known at parkhead and/or punishment for celtic.

I think their strategy is to make sure that everything is in place to ensure it can never happen again and then they will say that there is no need to have an inquiry into celtic's cover up. There will be no hunger at the SFA to punish celtic over this, they are hated by both Rangers and celtic fans for the punishment of Rangers after 2012, celtic fans think they protected us even though the punishment is unprecedented.

They f*cked it up royally and will not want to have to deal with punishing a much more serious crime.

*Not comparing our tax issues with CSA just saying that the SFA are sh!tebags who won't show any leadership on this.

It appears Liewell has something to hide with his requests for information to be kept secret from the public ?
Agreed. They're some mob for secrets eh? It just goes on and on and...
It really is The Chamber of Secrets.
That crime scene should be bulldozed as a warning to any individual or organisation that covering up the heinous crime of child abuse will not be tolerated. As I’ve said on more than one occasion, it’s Scotland’s very own number 25 Cromwell Street.

That crime scene should be bulldozed as a warning to any individual or organisation that covering up the heinous crime of child abuse will not be tolerated. As I’ve said on more than one occasion, it’s Scotland’s very own number 25 Cromwell Street.

Celtc FC not only enabled a paedo ring to operate, but then covered it up and refused to contact the police. That is now public knowledge. The deafening silence from Holyrood, however, is disturbing.

Letter has gone to sponsors. My phone hasn’t stopped ;)
Well played @Zander73
Keep the pressure on mate.
The world needs to know about the horrific abuse suffered by innocent, starstruck children who had their lives ruined by the Celtic Paedophile Ring.
And to rub salt into the wounds inflicted by those filthy animals, the crimes were covered up for generations by the people who ran the club. A club who are a stain on our nation. A club like no other and thank God for that.
Those innocent victims and their families need justice, compensation and closure. Anything short of that is negligence by the authorities in our country.
#celticknew

Well played @Zander73
Keep the pressure on mate.
The world needs to know about the horrific abuse suffered by innocent, starstruck children who had their lives ruined by the Celtic Paedophile Ring.
And to rub salt into the wounds inflicted by those filthy animals, the crimes were covered up for generations by the people who ran the club. Those innocent victims and their families need justice, compensation and closure. Anything short of that is negligence by the authorities in our country.
#celticknew
Refusing to meet and asking for confidentiality.
Splendid

Good to see Tompkins is working on this, and he sounds impressed with the measures that the SFA are now taking to safeguard children in the future.

Couple of things that struck me, he mentions that they (SFA) have been working on it for months, seems very strange that child safety has only just become an issue for them. And there wasn't anything about inquiry to find out what was known at parkhead and/or punishment for celtic.

I think their strategy is to make sure that everything is in place to ensure it can never happen again and then they will say that there is no need to have an inquiry into celtic's cover up. There will be no hunger at the SFA to punish celtic over this, they are hated by both Rangers and celtic fans for the punishment of Rangers after 2012, celtic fans think they protected us even though the punishment is unprecedented.

They f*cked it up royally and will not want to have to deal with punishing a much more serious crime.

*Not comparing our tax issues with CSA just saying that the SFA are sh!tebags who won't show any leadership on this.

I think justice will only coming from suing the living hell out of the scum. The SFA is useless.

No mate. From people on FF asking if I’d seen that letter. A few of us on here are in contact with different organisations and sponsors. All information is being sent on a daily basis

Was wondering were I was going wrong in my letters for a second.

Great work mate, if the victims do eventually end up getting justice it will be in no small part to the work that people like yourself, @jf1960 et al are doing.

Was wondering were I was going wrong in my letters for a second.

Great work mate, if the victims do eventually end up getting justice it will be in no small part to the work that people like yourself, @jf1960 et al are doing.
Slow process mate. Sometimes very frustrating. The victims are obviously priority and the attempted coverups from that rancid club are disgusting and how they have attempted to get away with it.
Personally after seeing that letter especially asking for confidentiality and their so called 2 year internal inquiry have just opened them right up imo.
The full public inquiry has to be brought up in Holyrood now and if not then Westminster need to start asking serious questions.
Let’s see eh

Finding my MP and MSP was easier than I thought after all. Sent my email of protest and call for a public enquiry into Separate Entity FC to both MP and MSP. If our entire support do this one simple thing then they won’t be able to ignore it. Even a short to the point email of a few lines would suffice. Takes a couple of mins to find your MP and MSP and click on the link to email them. You can even copy and paste the same email.
Yep, definitely. If I lived in scotland I would be doing the very same. Good work.

I haven't dealt with them mate ............................ Yet

Just went on their website JF.

They only do inquiries are routinely based upon a government ‘sponsor’, which suggests we are fucked.

More frustratingly, they only focus on England & Wales.

Grrrrrr...........

Back in the news again.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/ne...celtic-boys-club-abuse-peter-lawwell-refusal/

'BRICK WALL' Scots Tory MSP Adam Tomkins blasts Peter Lawwell after second refusal to meet over Celtic Boys Club abuse claims

A SCOTTISH Tory politician has claimed Peter Lawwell has twice refused to meet him to discuss the link between the Parkhead side and Celtic Boys Club.
Adam Tomkins MSP says he has had a number of concerns raised by constituents but the Hoops chief had so far declined his meeting requests.
Adam Tomkins MSP - who met SFA chief Ian Maxwell today - described Peter Lawwell's refusal to meet him as 'a brick wall'
He also said the club's claims that Celtic BC was a separate entity 'strongly appear' to have been contradicted by recent evidence.
Tomkins met with SFA chief Ian Maxwell today to discuss historic sexual abuse within Scottish football.
Tomkins claims Hoops chief Lawwell has twice refused to meet to discuss claims of links between the Parkhead side and Celtic Boys ClubCredit: Kenny Ramsay - The Sun Glasgow
He was impressed by the SFA's hard work on the matter, praising their efforts so far - but highlighting that it is still a work in progress.
Sharing his letter to Lawwell on Twitter, it read: "Dear Mr Lawwell, Thank you for your letter of 11 June responding to my earlier correspondence of 6 June.
"I note that, for the second time, you have declined to meet me.
Tomkins shared his letter to Lawwell on his social media accounts
"I have asked for a meeting with you so that I can represent to you concerns that have been brought to my attention by constituents of mine about the relationship of Celtic Boys Club to Celtic FC.
"As you know, claims that Celtic FC have recently made about that relationship have been - or, at least, would strongly appear to have been - contradicted by evidence published last month on the front page of The Times newspaper.
Tomkins said he was impressed with the SFA's hard work in tackling child abuse in Scottish football
"It is deeply frustrating that you refuse to meet. I have not met with a similar brick wall from the SFA.
"Indeed, quite the contrary - I met with the Chief Executive of the SFA earlier today at Hampden and we had a constructive and useful meeting.
"You have asked me not to publish your most recent letter to me on social media.
"Indeed, you have described it as 'confidential'. I do not understand this. There is no confidential information within it and I am not sure what you are hoping I will keep from the public.
Scots Tory Adam Tomkins claims ‘there’s no point being an MSP’
"None the less, I shall abide by your request. I will, however, be posting this letter on my social media accounts.
"It is in the interest of my constituents that they understand why I have not been able to take this matter forward with you in the manner that I should have wished.
"I am sorry that you have chosen not to be more co-operative with the elected representatives of our city"
Celtic have distanced themselves from the boys club abuse, saying the two are 'entirely separate organisations'
In an earlier Twitter post, Tomkins said: "I had a very productive and constructive meeting with SFA chief exec Ian Maxwell to discuss historic child abuse in Scottish football and what the SFA are doing about it.
"I was was impressed by how seriously they continue to take the matter, such that the SFA are helping FIFA develop standards of international best practice as regards safeguarding children and young people at every level of football.
"We agreed that two matters are paramount. First, that coaches and everyone involved in the game is fully educated and trained in the importance of treating children and young players with dignity and respect at all times.
"And secondly that when there are instances of wrongdoing, children, young players, their families and supporters know who to turn to and can have confidence their complaints are dealt with swiftly, confidentially, and properly.
"The SFA have worked hard in recent months to put all this in place. It’s still work-in-progress. But what they’ve done so far is to be commended."
James McCafferty was jailed for preying on ten teens - including one attack at Celtic Park
When approached by The Scottish Sun Online, Celtic declined to comment on the matter.
Last month, a lawyer representing Celtic Boys Club abuse victims claimed new evidence provided "unanswerable proof" that Celtic FC is responsible for the actions of paedophile coaches.
Beast Frank Cairney wrote in Celtic View that boys club was part of 'the Celtic family'Credit: John Kirkby - The Sun Glasgow
Jim Torbett was caged for a second time in November for sexually abusing boys clubs playersCredit: Tom Farmer - The Sun Glasgow
And Tomkins claimed the new evidence strengthens the case for a full public inquiry.
Parkhead bosses have expressed "regret and sorrow" for the victims but have repeatedly distanced themselves from the boys club, insisting they are an "entirely separate organisation."
Archived Celtic View articles appear to support claims about the historic link between Celtic and the boys club - with young players being "brought into the Celtic family."
In one article in the club's official magazine, David Hay, the Celtic manager at the time, described the boys club as “very much a part of Celtic FC”, with a columnist also writing of an “official connection” between the two.
Former Celtic BC chairman Gerald King was given a three-year probation order after abusing five children as a teacher
Patrick McGuire, a partner at Thompsons Solicitors - who has previously called on the the club to follow Manchester City's lead in setting aside millions for compensation claims - said the new evidence squashes any denial of a link between Celtic and the boys club.
A fourth Celtic Boys Club predator was caged last month, prompting claims of a paedo ring cover up.
James McCafferty, 73, was jailed for six years and nine months after admitting preying on ten teenage boys between 1972 and 1996 — including one attack carried out at Celtic Park.

Scotland's strippers to protest plans to ban lapdancing clubs in Glasgow

Frank Cairney, 83, abused eight boys while running St Columba's Boys Guild in Viewpark, Lanarkshire, and the under-16 team at Celtic Boys Club.
Former Celtic Boys Club chairman Gerald King, 66, was convicted in December of sexually abusing four boys and a girl while working as a teacher.
Just weeks earlier, Jim Torbett, 71, was jailed for six years for sexually abusing young players after he was found guilty of attacks on three boys, including one aged just FIVE.

Back