Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

I have approached Mumsnet, I contacted their admin first and outlined what I was going to post and got the ok to proceed. I may well have placed the post in the wrong section (it is a massive site) as I never got any replies.

That's not to say not to do it, I still believe once they get involved with a subject they are very worthy adversaries. If we could get replies behind this message it could push it into their most read section which would gain attention.

Or start similar in other parts of the site or other similar sites of which there are many.

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/legal_matters/3556978-Child-sexual-abuse

Excellent work sir. Would be so much more powerful if it was written by Michelle and posted under her own moniker. i.e. "Mother's of the abused".

The TV programme that Daly did before I’m pretty sure he said that he couldn’t find proof that we contacted the police despite our claim mate.
The need to keep records in the early 90s was not as strict as it is now.

Remember this was for an alleged case of verbal abuse from Neely which was brought to the clubs attention by the players father who was a serving police officer.

Hardly comparable.

Remember this was for an alleged case of verbal abuse from Neely which was brought to the clubs attention by the players father who was a serving police officer.

Hardly comparable.

Absolutely agree Craigie.

" To Jim's credit " Gies f.ucking peace.

One convicted Celtic paedophile praising another convicted Celtic paedophile.

Creepy bastards the lot of them.

I've said it before, it's common.

When Gary Glitter got caught with images on computer, Jimmy Saville said something along the lines of it not being bad, all he did was have a few dirty pictures.

This was years before Saville died and all the other stuff came out.

I contacted their sponsors. Only one reply so far - see below - but if enough Bears put the pressure on I am sure that the edifice will crack & crumble.

We are contacting you in regards to your most recent query to our Customer Service department.
Your query has been now escalated to the relevant department and should be reviewed shortly.
Should we require any further information, we will make sure to get in contact with you via email as soon as possible.
In the meantime I hope you have a great day ahead and thank you for your patience.
Kind regards,
Mr Green Customer Service

App available for

Looking for a more responsible operator?
Ask for Mr Green. The true Gentleman of
Online Gaming.
Read more about Green Gaming
© Mr Green Limited is a company registered in accordance with Maltese Law with registration no C43260, Registered office: Mr Green
Well done mate. When you first sent the email did they reply straight away with a reference code? That’s what I received from them.

I have approached Mumsnet, I contacted their admin first and outlined what I was going to post and got the ok to proceed. I may well have placed the post in the wrong section (it is a massive site) as I never got any replies.

That's not to say not to do it, I still believe once they get involved with a subject they are very worthy adversaries. If we could get replies behind this message it could push it into their most read section which would gain attention.

Or start similar in other parts of the site or other similar sites of which there are many.

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/legal_matters/3556978-Child-sexual-abuse

I have previous experience on mumsnet. Despite its ‘mumsy’ reputation its a very political website. You’ll see your thread has already been infiltrated by the dark side under the new username of @MarkDingwall :rolleyes:. I assume a manky lurker on here has been reading avidly and has followed you over there.
The first one to mention Rangers with the usual deflection tactics, scum.
I know for a fact there is a female high ranking Scottish local authority director who is a season book holder at cellic, posts regularly on there and has a large band of followers of the same mindset. Anything posted that in any way refers to Rangers will get loads of follow up answers about the terrible behaviour of fans, how they had to hide in a close, how the OO terrorises the community etc, I’ve seen it all before - tread carefully and keep the topic on the family’s fight for justice because they will throw everything at derailing the thread.

Well done mate. When you first sent the email did they reply straight away with a reference code? That’s what I received from them.

Same here, Zander. That was on the 17th of this month. Nothing since.

In fact, the only replies I've had back so far have been from Terre des hommes, Bauer Media, GT Omega Racing and The Indigo Press.

Time for a wee bump on all the e-mails I sent, I think. That's a good idea, attaching Tomkins' letter to Liewell, and Ruth Davidson's comments. I'll do that with all the follow-up e-mails.

In fact, the only replies I've had back so far have been from Terre des hommes, Bauer Media, GT Omega Racing and The Indigo Press.

Time for a wee bump on all the e-mails I sent, I think. That's a good idea, attaching Tomkins' letter to Liewell, and Ruth Davidson's comments. I'll do that with all the follow-up e-mails.
When I first sent emails a couple of months ago I got replies straight away. All standard replies saying basically they are monitoring the situation. Recently sending more they seem to have gone quiet. A wonder why ;)

I have previous experience on mumsnet. Despite its ‘mumsy’ reputation its a very political website. You’ll see your thread has already been infiltrated by the dark side under the new username of @MarkDingwall :rolleyes:. I assume a manky lurker on here has been reading avidly and has followed you over there.
The first one to mention Rangers with the usual deflection tactics, scum.
I know for a fact there is a female high ranking Scottish local authority director who is a season book holder at cellic, posts regularly on there and has a large band of followers of the same mindset. Anything posted that in any way refers to Rangers will get loads of follow up answers about the terrible behaviour of fans, how they had to hide in a close, how the OO terrorises the community etc, I’ve seen it all before - tread carefully and keep the topic on the family’s fight for justice because they will throw everything at derailing the thread.

Mumsnet is a homophobic and transphobic cesspit anyway. Not nice people.

Mumsnet is a homophobic and transphobic cesspit anyway. Not nice people.
I never found it either of those tbf, more pro-women which is ok with me obv. However it is however very left wing which comes as a surprise to many. Also anti Royal Family and anti Poppy which sat badly with me. During previous elections it was bombarded by cyber-nats at Indy ref and then at the GE, Momentum. Moderation is pretty loose to say the least so they got away with it all the time.
Just to tag @mdingwall in on this as i’m Not sure of the legalities of someone deliberately mis-appropriating his name in another forum (given his position in here)

Last edited:
Cheers mate just had a read.
I can’t believe that Davidson or others have not called out the SNP in FM questions for not even commenting on the matter.

I was getting a bit worried at the lack of response so was good to see that they are on the case
Well after that reply the Tomkins letter came out so looks like she’s keeping her word hopefully.

Cheers mate just had a read.
I can’t believe that Davidson or others have not called out the SNP in FM questions for not even commenting on the matter.

I was getting a bit worried at the lack of response so was good to see that they are on the case
Couldn't agree more on First Minister's Questions - that's the best forum for maximum exposure. It's where James Kelly MSP asked about poor Lenny's jacket being hit by a coin. Sadly there's only one more FMQs this parliamentary session as it shuts down for summer recess after this week. That is why I asked Professor Tomkins a while ago to raise it at FMQs soon - sadly now unlikely. So there's likely to be little political heat placed on the Beggars over the summer - job done as far as the shameful SNP government is concerned.

Couldn't agree more on First Minister's Questions - that's the best forum for maximum exposure. It's where James Kelly MSP asked about poor Lenny's jacket being hit by a coin. Sadly there's only one more FMQs this parliamentary session as it shuts down for summer recess after this week. That is why I asked Professor Tomkins a while ago to raise it at FMQs soon - sadly now unlikely. So there's likely to be little political heat placed on the Beggars over the summer - job done as far as the shameful SNP government is concerned.
Is it too late for a surge of emails to politicians asking for the question to be raised

I am still waiting on my FOI response from police Scotland on whether anyone of the 14 names provided by Gerry McSherry has been prosecuted and if so who?

I will be sharing what I get back.

Is it too late for a surge of emails to politicians asking for the question to be raised
It's now unlikely to be raised in the Chamber in this session due to it being the last week before recess BUT there would be no harm in asking Tories to raise it this week because it is their last chance to do so until after the summer recess, and it is important to strike while the iron is hot - we have the Chief Exec of what our Ministers call 'the biggest football club in the country' refusing to meet an elected MSP so an independent enquiry is clearly required now. The Tories should be made aware, if they aren't already, just how damaging this can be to the SNP who are placing votes before victims. This has now become sinister in the extreme and the Tories have an awful lot to gain by holding the SNP's feet to the fire on this subject

It's now unlikely to be raised in the Chamber in this session due to it being the last week before recess BUT there would be no harm in asking Tories to raise it this week because it is their last chance to do so until after the summer recess, and it is important to strike while the iron is hot - we have the Chief Exec of what our Ministers call 'the biggest football club in the country' refusing to meet an elected MSP so an independent enquiry is clearly required now. The Tories should be made aware, if they aren't already, just how damaging this can be to the SNP who are placing votes before victims. This has now become sinister in the extreme and the Tories have an awful lot to gain by holding the SNP's feet to the fire on this subject
Any emails and names of anyone likely to do anything

At this current moment in time, it looks like Celtic still intend to deny any responsibility in this matter and seemingly have no intention of paying out a single penny in compensation.
Are they hoping that a member of the judiciary is going to declare in a court of law that they are indeed a ‘ separate entity ‘ because that looks to be their only possible escape route.

At this current moment in time, it looks like Celtic still intend to deny any responsibility in this matter and seemingly have no intention of paying out a single penny in compensation.
Are they hoping that a member of the judiciary is going to declare in a court of law that they are indeed a ‘ separate entity ‘ because that looks to be their only possible escape route.
to be honest, it looks more and more likely that this is indeed the scenario they are looking to play out,it hard not to think along these lines, there can be no other reason i can think of ,all the evidence points to their neglect and yet they still refuse to acknowledge any wrongdoing on their part,,utterly shameful

On a serious note. A point I’ve been meaning to make for some time.

Jimmy Saville, again in the Celtic View a few posts above.

This forum is full of Rangers fans with copies galore of Rangers News / Monthly etc, folk with encyclopedic knowledge of what was in them and previously published.

What is it with the Celtic club and their Support, I will guarantee you there will be a plethora of similar photos and mentions, that will have you cringing / head in your hands, yet to be mentioned or uncovered.

Indeed, where are the people that were in charge of publishing the Celtic View, as the depths and full extent of this scandal are beginning to be laid bare.

The good name of the club, at all times.

Hardly comparable.
When RFC reported inappropriate verbal communication between Neely & a boy - not physical abuse - to Strathclyde police in the 90s, the system of record keeping, data-bases + Police procedures were almost certainly vastly different to today's. For those reasons Police Scotland may have no record of a matter that Strathclyde Police decided did not warrant report to the PF. What is abundantly clear is that Neely was sacked on the spot by RFC (unlike Pertie's cover story) & that he had to hide down south.

ive said it time and time again, every injustice in the world they will latch onto, unless its them committing the injustice.

they think child abuse is the same as tax avoidance. warped mentality

On a serious note. A point I’ve been meaning to make for some time.

Jimmy Saville, again in the Celtic View a few posts above.

This forum is full of Rangers fans with copies galore of Rangers News / Monthly etc, folk with encyclopedic knowledge of what was in them and previously published.

What is it with the Celtic club and their Support, I will guarantee you there will be a plethora of similar photos and mentions, that will have you cringing / head in your hands, yet to be mentioned or uncovered.

Indeed, where are the people that were in charge of publishing the Celtic View, as the depths and full extent of this scandal are beginning to be laid bare.

The good name of the club, at all times.
Jack McGinn was the brains behind the inception of the Celtic view,with his background in journalism. Wouldn't it be ironic if this publication was the one that eventually brought them down? Horrible club,run by horrible c#nts .

That is probably the path they are choosing to go down. Let’s hope a public inquiry will completely blow that out the water.
With Ruth Davidson’s reply and Tomkins letter then liewell is obviously listening to his lawyers. They will continue to deny until they are brought before the courts. My heart goes out to these poor victims and their families having to go through this. Celtic knew and their previous employees also knew. Hopefully justice will prevail.
Celtics sponsors in the meantime are being bombarded with emails with Ruth Davidson’s and Tomkins letters attached by a few of us on here. I personally think that if even a public inquiry is launched then I’m sure sponsors wouldn’t want to be linked to that. Only time will tell I suppose.

Any emails and names of anyone likely to do anything
I would think it's probably just the usual suspects in the Scottish Conservatives but worth trying all their MSPs:
http://www.scottishconservatives.com/people/msps/

I notice that Brian Whittle and Miles Briggs have sport in their shadow responsibilities but to my knowledge have been quiet on this - could be worth contacting.

That is probably the path they are choosing to go down. Let’s hope a public inquiry will completely blow that out the water.
With Ruth Davidson’s reply and Tomkins letter then liewell is obviously listening to his lawyers. They will continue to deny until they are brought before the courts. My heart goes out to these poor victims and their families having to go through this. Celtic knew and their previous employees also knew. Hopefully justice will prevail.
Celtics sponsors in the meantime are being bombarded with emails with Ruth Davidson’s and Tomkins letters attached by a few of us on here. I personally think that if even a public inquiry is launched then I’m sure sponsors wouldn’t want to be linked to that. Only time will tell I suppose.

Celtic have two main aims at this moment in time. None of them are connected to the historical abuse.
1st aim.....10 in a row.
2nd aim..... to get to 55 before us. That is what their entire mafia is working towards right now. More league titles than us.
With regards to the paedophile scandal, they will continue to deflect and deny for as long as possible,and let’s not forget,they are past masters in playing the long game. They will attempt to string this out for years to come in the warped hope that people just get so sick of the lack of progress that they just walk away from it all, or even more sickening, that some of those pursuing them or who could incriminate them pass away. The longer this pans out, then the older the victims get, and standing up in a court of law , the memory can be more prone to forgetting the timeline of events, and therefore testimony becomes somewhat unreliable.
Disgusting attitude from Celtic, but this is how they’re going to play it.

Celtic have two main aims at this moment in time. None of them are connected to the historical abuse.
1st aim.....10 in a row.
2nd aim..... to get to 55 before us.
That is what their entire mafia is working towards right now. More league titles than us.
With regards to the paedophile scandal, they will continue to deflect and deny for as long as possible,and let’s not forget,they are past masters in playing the long game. They will attempt to string this out for years to come in the warped hope that people just get so sick of the lack of progress that they just walk away from it all, or even more sickening, that some of those pursuing them or who could incriminate them pass away. The longer this pans out, then the older the victims get, and standing up in a court of law , the memory can be more prone to forgetting the timeline of events, and therefore testimony becomes somewhat unreliable.

If they want to annihilate us on the park to the point we are nothing more than celtics plaything, they can forget about ever doing anything in Europe again. They couldn’t stop warning us of that when we were going for 10.

I would think it's probably just the usual suspects in the Scottish Conservatives but worth trying all their MSPs:
http://www.scottishconservatives.com/people/msps/

I notice that Brian Whittle and Miles Briggs have sport in their shadow responsibilities but to my knowledge have been quiet on this - could be worth contacting.
Thanks mate just sent off to six of them

Last edited:
1st aim.....10 in a row.
2nd aim..... to get to 55 before us. That is what their entire mafia is working towards right now. More league titles than us.

100% agree. They have no morals mate.

That is probably why Lawwell is refusing to meet Prof. Tomkins. Because to do so would be to admit that Celtic and CBC were linked.

Back