Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Apparently not as per the quote

"One insider said: “He’s flicked a hand out at someone in the dressing room playfully and made contact with them."
So logically there must have been an enabler there with Murphy, observing him attempting to play with the bhoy

Nothing in that quote confirms it either way.

Could be that info comes from another adult who saw the incident but it could just as easily have been relayed through a child who reported it.

I am glad to see that posters are using restraint in connection with the sacking of Mr Murphy.

I am a bit sad to see his photo posted. I have no insider knowledge but a real gut feeling that he is a patsy and has behaved no differently from the vast majority of normal people. This looks like a cynical ploy by the scum to attempt to clean up their act far too late after the main events.

I would ask that until we have evidence to the contrary, we treat this guy with respect and not start a hounding campaign that might be totally undeserved.

I would just caution against this guy being lumped in with the known despicable perverts.

Last edited:
I would like to think that no stone is left unturned in this big documentary and includes the SPL ( SPFL NEWCO ), SFL of that era and the SFA. Keep up the great work guys.

I would actually wager that this guy has actually done very little.

We do not have the full facts and possibly might never have them.

But just think about this. Whose agenda does it suit for taking firm action against this man?

OK - Are we all agreed, it is the scum taking firm action here? This then leads me to my strong suspicion that he is being made an example of for the greater good of "the club like no other"

I still see it as a own goal, as it then begs the question, If "a wee flick" led to this man's sacking, then why did the serious abuse by Cairney, Torbett etc lead to nothing but a cover up.

Last edited:
I would actually wager that this guy has actually done very little.

We do not have the full facts and possibly might never have them.

But just think about this. Whose agenda does it suit for taking firm action against this man?

OK - Are we all agreed, it is the scum taking firm action here? This then leads me to my strong suspicion that he is being made an example of for the greater good of "the club like no other"

I still see it as a own goal, as it then begs the question, " If a wee flick" led to this man's sacking, then why did the serious abuse by Cairney, Torbett etc lead to nothing but a cover up.
I’ve obviously been busy with different issues. I believe there’s more to this than we actually know. Why has this man not spoke out. Or has he and I haven’t seen it? I think we need to know more before passing judgment.

One thing that stands out from this article is the paper apparently managed to get not one but two different "insiders" to make comments... As opposed to the total of zero comments from Celtic, insider or otherwise, from every other recent abuse-related article so far.

Last edited:
I’ve obviously been busy with different issues. I believe there’s more to this than we actually know. Why has this man not spoke out. Or has he and I haven’t seen it? I think we need to know more before passing judgment.

Bluenose94

I am with you on this one about reserving judgement and it is encouraging to see that the normal "feeding frenzy" has not taken place.

As I have previously stated, I am encouraged that fellow bears are mulling this one over.

I think that Mdingwall's intervention has caused a bit of pause for thought. It was needed .

Bluenose94

I am with you on this one about reserving judgement and it is encouraging to see that the normal "feeding frenzy" has not taken place.

As I have previously stated, I am encouraged that fellow bears are mulling this one over.

I think that Mdingwall's intervention has caused a bit of pause for thought. It was needed .
Agreed the thread may have spiralled out of control on a certain issue.

No worries TW thanks for the reply,and hope he was over for something related to this,I know he was defo over before the Torbett trial last year the week before it or around the time.

He should be getting a knock a the door as “he knew” alright
I have a little sympathy for McCann on these matters. He was hardly in the door and was sorting out the financial basket case that the mhankies had become. He was sent an anonymous letter making allegations of abuse at CBC, and he immediately called the police, which resulted in Torbett's first conviction.
I am sure that those involved around McCann would have been pretty tight lipped, since he was already a known grass.
Once the police become involved the matter becomes their responsibility.

Last edited:
Only reason I knew was tim in work left his paper open and there was a spiel by there bunnet about that lot looking forward to the next 9 years, that is if they are still here
There is no political or sportive will to do anything to Celtic so I am afraid everything under the carpet will be getting rolled up in the carpet and brought to the cleansing. A new whiter than white carpet has already been laid.

I don't think 1 is an issue whatsoever.

All companies / sports clubs / places where children are gathered, should have this to protect them.

I think it's a positive.

On 2, there should be an investigation in to them but not because they've put a child protection scheme in operation. It should be on the information that has been gathered on their cover up already.

I don't defend a fucking thing they do lightly but think you're looking for something here which isn't a problem.
I think the point with no.1 is why are celtic calling the shots on this if CBC is a separate entity.

I think the point with no.1 is why are celtic calling the shots on this if CBC is a separate entity.

It's not CBC / St Patrick's he works for. It's their youth set up (like we have ours which Mullholland oversees) where in the past CBC was their access to youths.

It's a point that's muddied in all the conversations .

I have a little sympathy for McCann on these matters. He was hardly in the door and was sorting out the financial basket case that the mhankies had become. He was sent an anonymous letter making allegations of abuse at CBC, and he immediately called the police, which resulted in Torbett's first conviction.
I am sure that those involved around McCann would have been pretty tight lipped, since he was already a known grass.

That may well be the case for Torbetts first conviction I can’t say yes or no or disagree TH,but what about him bagging info from Kearney USA and the deal to suppress info,I’m led to believe that story is true and that IF true has to be he should be lined up against the wall with the rest of them.

It’s getting to the point of who didn’t know but itncomes down to what we can prove atm.

We’re there questions about NDA’s raised during his time there TH ?

That may well be the case for Torbetts first conviction I can’t say yes or no or disagree TH,but what about him bagging info from Kearney USA and the deal to suppress info,I’m led to believe that story is true and that IF true has to be he should be lined up against the wall with the rest of them.

It’s getting to the point of who didn’t know but itncomes down to what we can prove atm.
The airport/ Kearney stitch up was in 1991, McCann did not come in until 1994.
The Trophy Centre contract was signed around the time McCann departed with his £40m.
Not sure whether it was signed just after he left, or he said "fuckit", and signed as he was going out the door.
I'm not in his fan club, all I'm saying is he was the only one to call the polis.
PS The above info was retrieved from google within 10 minutes.

The Trophy Centre contract was signed around the time McCann departed with his £40m.
Not sure whether it was signed just after he left, or he said "fuckit", and signed as he was going out the door.
I'm not in his fan club, all I'm saying is he was the only one to call the polis.

I’m not for one minute saying your a fan buddy,was not meant that way,all I’m saying he may have called the cops,but he also signed and extended the trophy centre contract knowing it was JT business did he not.

He may have said “Feck it” on the way out the door but what did he do with the alledged NDA signed pact from Kearney,I trust the fella that told me of this to the hilt,that is disturbing if true.

Agree TH.

Wasn’t it 98-02 the money was paid to Trophy Centre ?

Questions to be raised in Scottish Parliament within the next fortnight regarding the dire need for a full, independent public enquiry into Scums misdeeds.

This was done by our good people while this thread was closed.
Sorry pal, can you just clarify this for me?

Are you saying that an MSP has let it be known that within a couple of weeks he/she will be raising the requirement for an independent enquiry at the Scottish parliament? If so, that is a welcome announcement.

Sorry pal, can you just clarify this for me?

Are you saying that an MSP has let it be known that within a couple of weeks he/she will be raising the requirement for an independent enquiry at the Scottish parliament? If so, that is a welcome announcement.
I can clarify this for you. We have had a response from an MSP who has raised the question in parliament. They have until next Friday to respond.

Now would be a good time for people to contact your MSP urging them to back the inquiry.

Under no circumstances will any names be given out due to what’s previously occurred on this thread.

Is it worth going along to local surgery and speaking to local msp in person or is email better for proof of response?
I have a Tory one and also know Jim Murphy.
Asking so I can do anything to help the guys doing all the hard work as every little bit helps im sure and willing to contact either at the local surgery’s or by email.

Is it worth going along to local surgery and speaking to local msp in person or is email better for proof of response?
Asking so I can do anything to help the guys doing all the hard work as every little bit helps im sure and willing to contact either at the local surgery’s or by email.
It’s always better to speak face-to-face as even if he is unsympathetic he will know that it is of some importance to you and not a knee jerk response

Good shout mate. Anything you can do whether it’s with an MSP or even an MP will be a great help.

Obviously we all know what happened reference the thread last weekend. I’m receiving pms from posters who are apprehensive of posting.

To be honest I’ve noticed this also. Some excellent posters have now disappeared but I know are still watching with interest. All I can say is we are getting somewhere with a certain MSP.

A few also know we have good contacts with certain press individuals. It may look like things have gone quiet but I can assure you it hasn’t.

I would urge people to get back on here and continue the fight. Victims and families are relying on us.

Obviously we all know what happened reference the thread last weekend. I’m receiving pms from posters who are apprehensive of posting.

To be honest I’ve noticed this also. Some excellent posters have now disappeared but I know are still watching with interest. All I can say is we are getting somewhere with a certain MSP.

A few also know we have good contacts with certain press individuals. It may look like things have gone quiet but I can assure you it hasn’t.

I would urge people to get back on here and continue the fight. Victims and families are relying on us.
I am on holiday right now and have been engaging with supporters of English clubs who are more aware of the scale of this scandal than I ever thought possible, hats off to the loyal Bears who have been diligent, the fight for justice goes on. WATP

Back