Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Their 2019 Annual report has been published and there is no obvious reference to any financial liability for child abuse.
Hidden away in Note 28 on Provisions is the following text which wasn't there last year:

'In addition, and in common with businesses who undertake the breadth of activities conducted by the Group and Company, the Group and Company are periodically subject to disputes and claims and as such, provisions have been recognised in respect of employer and public liability claims for amounts which, as assessed at the balance sheet date, may be payable in the future and can be reliably estimated. The Group and Company carry appropriate insurance and no separate disclosure is made in relation to such claims, proceedings or matters to the extent they are covered by insurance as to do so could seriously prejudice the position of the Group and Company'.

Rancid B*****ds

Well done to the Daily Record for not only reporting this story but splashing it on front cover. Hopefully this will inspire and give courage to the many more victims to come forward and try for justice and some sort of closure on what I can only imagine as being a disturbingly horrendous time in their young lives.
Top marks to the record for front paging Gordon’s Horrific story and exposing CFC for what they are but the front page sports headline ? Rangers ‘ Sneak past Motherwell “ FFS Motherwell got away with murder and were lucky it wasn’t a demolition job with the Ranger’s attacks on their goal . They can thank the Ref who was wearing blinkers that it was only 2-1 .

Have they not gone to Adidas for next year? I already contacted them and expressed my concerns.

Good on you Purpolaris.

Nothing I know of is finalised at this time. I personally thought NB renewing their contract may have been in doubt when I received a reply from them. Time will tell I suppose. I know the scum want Adidas next year. That's why we have to pressurise potential, as well as existing sponsors, as the deadline date is only a few months away.

Their 2019 Annual report has been published and there is no obvious reference to any financial liability for child abuse.
Hidden away in Note 28 on Provisions is the following text which wasn't there last year:

'In addition, and in common with businesses who undertake the breadth of activities conducted by the Group and Company, the Group and Company are periodically subject to disputes and claims and as such, provisions have been recognised in respect of employer and public liability claims for amounts which, as assessed at the balance sheet date, may be payable in the future and can be reliably estimated. The Group and Company carry appropriate insurance and no separate disclosure is made in relation to such claims, proceedings or matters to the extent they are covered by insurance as to do so could seriously prejudice the position of the Group and Company'.

Rancid B*****ds

Carry appropriate insurance......

Who the hell covers an organisation in relation to Child Abuse.

The deceitfulness of this football club holds no bounds.

In fact, it really is a worrying situation, when an institution of it's size is openly showing complete and utter contempt towards it's obligations.

A full public inquiry has to be initiated, because Celtic Football Club, as far as I'm concerned, are just kicking mud in the faces of the victims and that is disgusting on so many levels.

Child sexual abuse can never ever be seen as just a minor offence.

The appropriate action must be taken.........

Last edited:
Harrowing, could have done with not reading the DR story. I really feel for all the young lads and thier families affected by this. Having a son myself I don't know how they get over it, but pray and hope they do. The only crumb of comfort for me is that I don't support that club, the scale of depravity and the heinous crimes would make me walk away forever if I did support them. Baffling how there aren't many Celtic parents up in arms or doing likewise - it is too far gone now.
I feel sick after reading it.
How people supporting that club can continue to ignore/ stay silent astounds me. Disgusting.

Rancid B*****ds
I also never noticed anything like this last year. This filth know what’s coming...., “covered by insurance”?....,Unbelievable statement.

This filth will continue to deny and deflect no matter what. Like the rest of the Catholic cult that exists worldwide and has been brought to justice.

Stein is dead and Kelly has conveniently lost his shit.... There lies the problem in proving it.
I understand what your saying Blue. I believe we’ve only scratched the surface here though. I have nothing but respect for this man to come forward and talk about something that none of us could imagine.

This is on an industrial scale what’s happened at that so called club. I believe this man coming forward is just the start.

Well done to the Daily Record for not only reporting this story but splashing it on front cover. Hopefully this will inspire and give courage to the many more victims to come forward and try for justice and some sort of closure on what I can only imagine as being a disturbingly horrendous time in their young lives.
For me, it’s the biggest indicator that septic are losing this battle.
Given their long relationship with the Labour Party in Scotland and with the Kelly’s who were involved with both the club and the party, it’s quite a surprise to see them go down a road that will expose septic and possibly the Kelly’s as well

We have to keep the pressure on the other political parties. I find labour MSP‘s are just as bad as the SNP. I too hope this man coming forward is the start.

Keep up your efforts up there in your area mate. The only party that haven’t given our wider group support is, well you know who it is.

Would be great if another party had more supporting us but, as BN94 refers to, support is cross party & growing.

We have to keep the pressure on the other political parties. I find labour MSP‘s are just as bad as the SNP. I too hope this man coming forward is the start.
I have to disagree with the point of Labour MSP’s are just as bad. I have never voted Labour and never will do, but I have seen some positive replies from some of their MSP’s.

Yes, we have the odd 1 or 2 Labour replies that suddenly go on the defensive, and then we get others supporting a motion for an inquiry.

I have no political allegiance personally to any political party. I’m appealing to the members of the Scottish Parliament that have any ounce of decency in them to do the right thing.

I can only speak from what I’ve seen on this issue. And please understand this is only my opinion. The SNP are a poison in Scotland. They will not jeopardise the republican vote on an issue as important as this.

They have one aim. Splitting the Union. A collection of under qualified racist fools.

I apologise for replying to your post what may sound like a political statement. Along with Celtic, the SNP need to answer some serious questions.

Good on you Purpolaris.

Nothing I know of is finalised at this time. I personally thought NB renewing their contract may have been in doubt when I received a reply from them. Time will tell I suppose. I know the scum want Adidas next year. That's why we have to pressurise potential, as well as existing sponsors, as the deadline date is only a few months away.

We absolutely have to aim for potential sponsors. They already have most of the money from their current sponsors. I seriously hope Adidas don't sponsor them as they are my favourite sportswear brand. We should be targeting all of the big names and letting them know what they're letting themselves in for if they sponsor the filth. I've personally contacted NB and Adidas as well as some of their smaller sponsors and not heard a single word back but the more we do it, the better chance we have of affecting any deal they try and negotiate.

I have to disagree with the point of Labour MSP’s are just as bad. I have never voted Labour and never will do, but I have seen some positive replies from some of their MSP’s.

Yes, we have the odd 1 or 2 Labour replies that suddenly go on the defensive, and then we get others supporting a motion for an inquiry.

I have no political allegiance personally to any political party. I’m appealing to the members of the Scottish Parliament that have any ounce of decency in them to do the right thing.

I canlies only speak from whathis issue. And please understand this is only my opinion. The SNP are a poison in Scotland. They will not jeopardise the republican vote on an issue as important as this.

They have one aim. Splitting the Union. A collection of under qualified racist fools.

I apologise for replying to your post what may sound like a political statement. Along with Celtic, the SNP need to answer some serious questions.
Don’t worry about it mate.

I’d say a change of focus would help. We should be calling for a full investigation into the whole of Scottish football, particularly the clubs and the SFA. Stop the MPs avoiding this as a ‘Celtic issue’. We all know where the major problem lies we just need to get the inquiry started somehow.
There will be more clubs than Celtic covering stuff up and I’d say the SFA will turn out to be one of the major Instigators of cover ups, both amongst their own beasts and helping certain clubs hide theirs.

You guys are doing a great job and I know you are trying this method already but I think it’s got much more chance of success.

I’d say a change of focus would help. We should be calling for a full investigation into the whole of Scottish football, particularly the clubs and the SFA. Stop the MPs avoiding this as a ‘Celtic issue’. We all know where the major problem lies we just need to get the inquiry started somehow.
There will be more clubs than Celtic covering stuff up and I’d say the SFA will turn out to be one of the major Instigators of cover ups, both amongst their own beasts and helping certain clubs hide theirs.

You guys are doing a great job and I know you are trying this method already but I think it’s got much more chance of success.
This is already being done as far as I know. In fact, they STILL get responses specifically defending the scum, which I think is very revealing.

When is this documentary due out ?

I can only speak from what I’ve seen on this issue. And please understand this is only my opinion. The SNP are a poison in Scotland. They will not jeopardise the republican vote on an issue as important as this.

Agreed BN94 and one of the serious questions the SNP need to answer is Why there has been no statements or acknowledgements or any statements of sympathy or much needed support towards the victims of these heinous crimes . Do they forget that the victims are allowed to vote as well and with the support the SNP have shown for the victims and the supporters of the victims , my guess is they will be on to plums and rightly so :mad: .

There may be quite a number of victims who will see that action is starting to happen , people are finally listening and demanding justice for the victims and quite rightly so and I would encourage them to follow the footsteps of other victims and find the courage to name and shame the abusers no matter how long ago it happened , you are not alone and will have plenty of support from all decent citizens who want to see justice for each and every victim of these sick paedophiles . Contact a lawyer now and let the perpetrators be the ones to hide their heads in shame and suffer the consequences for their depraved acts .

For want of a better word, encouraging to see a story about their paedo ring again in the mainstream press. Feels like a long time and like they had been trying to equate Neely to everything they have done.

Good to see the MSM pick this up again.

Encouraging to see BS. I‘m sure I’m not alone in being disappointed in the recent lack of further stories from Marc Horne of The Times. Whilst acquainting myself with that awful Twitter I noticed a post from a particularly vicious paedo defender in which he appeared to boast about having silenced Horne. Hopefully it’s just the calm before the storm of revelations as far as Horne is concerned.

Encouraging to see BS. I‘m sure I’m not alone in being disappointed in the recent lack of further stories from Marc Horne of The Times. Whilst acquainting myself with that awful Twitter I noticed a post from a particularly vicious paedo defender in which he appeared to boast about having silenced Horne. Hopefully it’s just the calm before the storm of revelations as far as Horne is concerned.
Supporters like no other.

Scum one and all and like you say IB the calm before the storm.

It had occurred to me that Mr. Horne has went mysteriously quiet recently and I had wondered if he'd been got at. He was very much on the front foot for a long time but now radio silence.

It had occurred to me that Mr. Horne has went mysteriously quiet recently and I had wondered if he'd been got at. He was very much on the front foot for a long time but now radio silence.
Please be assured that just because sometimes things go quiet doesn’t mean nothing is happening. I can also assure you that anything the filth say is false and will not affect the fight for justice.

Please be assured that just because sometimes things go quiet doesn’t mean nothing is happening. I can also assure you that anything the filth say is false and will not affect the fight for justice.

Exactly what I hoped to hear BN. Subscription continuing.

These are vicious bastards when hidden behind a keyboard.

Fundamentalist or just mentalist, I’m not sure yet.

I am hoping for a small Tory majority( Small so the Brexiteers/DUP still have weight) but i am worried. The liberal middle class vote and the youth vote is going to so heavily Labour.Trendy social media is filling people's heads with gunk on that front. Brexit is lost if the tories are ousted.Corbyn as PM doesn't bear thinking about.

I am hoping for a small Tory majority( Small so the Brexiteers/DUP still have weight) but i am worried. The liberal middle class vote and the youth vote is going to so heavily Labour.Trendy social media is filling people's heads with gunk on that front. Brexit is lost if the tories are ousted.Corbyn as PM doesn't bear thinking about.

There's a Brexit thread in the lounge. Let's not derail this one.

Thank you.

Looking for help/advice I am 59 years old and never voted ever but would like to do so this time who am I best going with to get these cvnts out

A guide to tactical voting for the upcoming election. I know it’s slightly off topic but it’s still relevant to our push for an inquiry. It’s the SNP that are blocking it.

BRILLIANT KARBEAR.

Please support the work that Karbear has done here to help in tactical voting.

As BN94 has said many times, this is our chance to get rid of this scum from running OUR COUNTRY.

Really hope Marc Horne has not been got at.

Back