Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Agree. Bloody annoying Jacobite, & no one seems to ask the many tough questions she should be asked.

I keep seeing her being praised for her integrity, Grigo. I mean where do you start with this nonsense?

We're all very keen to see something done about that shameful club but there is also the not so small matter of Scotland having the biggest heroin problem in Europe which she ignores as best she can as well. Any Conservative or Labour publication could be absolutely torturing her for her refusal to comment on such serious matters as the two I mention. I don't understand why they won't.

I keep seeing her being praised for her integrity, Grigo. I mean where do you start with this nonsense?

We're all very keen to see something done about that shameful club but there is also the not so small matter of Scotland having the biggest heroin problem in Europe which she ignores as best she can as well. Any Conservative or Labour publication could be absolutely torturing her for her refusal to comment on such serious matters as the two I mention. I don't understand why they won't.

Me neither mate. It infuriates me.

I haven't posted in this thread for 6 months or so and nothing has changed in all that time.
If you mean going by the thread, then I fully understand what your saying. As your aware, this is a very complex issue.
The families that we are in contact with would disagree with you though. There is a lot going on that we cannot put on this thread. Each one of us in the background are constantly working on different avenues to seek justice.
Even when the thread goes quiet doesn’t mean nothing is going on.
We have came up against a government that have shown no support whatsoever for these victims and families. We have been in contact and still are with various MSP’s and media contacts not only on these shores.
Another issue that is slowing the process is the upcoming election. This could also be beneficial as there will hopefully be a lot more different MSP’s in place.
I do understand when you say it looks like nothing has happened though. Believe me the effort going on behind the scenes grows stronger each day. Anything that we can put on here, will be posted. If we were to put everything on here then it could give lurkers an opportunity and also affect upcoming court cases. I hope you understand.

Is there a possibility of Mr McGuire working with Celtic to settle privately with the victims so as not to bring any more attention on to the club? Therefore potentially escaping any punishment due to the club.... It's too quiet for me. Justice for the victims is the absolute priority but surely a club that has tried to hide this sordid affair for decades cannot escape unpunished.
I personally would never judge some of the victims for just wanting some compensation, no money could ever be enough but hopefully it helps them. There will be some victims who won’t ever be interested in any money and just want Celtic to see their day in court.

I don't post in this thread often, because generally I don't have anything to add and don't want to clog it up.

I've posted a few times now to say that from what I have read, there is a process that has to be followed.

Thompsons are running a mass tort - a collective action. They will have had a set cut off date for accepting new claims, which may or may not have passed.

The validity of each claim then needs to be cross checked - dates, evidence to confirm that the complainant was in proximity to the club/nonce. Sad as if may be, there will be some fantasist in amongst the claimants. All it would take would be for lawyers representing the beasts to find one that was making it up and had never been at CBC or whatever and that's it fucked for everybody.

The more claims they have, the more background checks need doing, and the more time it takes.

There's also the expectation (from within the legal system) that the lawyers should be able to hash out a compensation deal themselves - bear in mind these are civil actions, not criminal. That's not Thompsons working to minimise damage to celtic, that's the system that's in place, and it's why so many lawsuits end with out of court settlements.

I saw a post further up that said nothing had changed in six months. There's a very real possibility of this running for years, if celtic et al decide to fight it all the way. Its all well and good saying the individual nonces should be sued, but they would simply declare bankruptcy, so the lawyers have to be sure there's actually money to be got.

Ultimately, I think we're all agreed that it's the victims who need to be satisfied. The rest of us are just nobodies on a football forum, most of whom could not fathom what these guys have been through. If some decide to settle, then that's up to them and should not be viewed as any sort of climbdown.

Patience. Lots of patience.

Edit: meant to add, that judges take a very dim view of lawyers who refuse to try and discuss terms with the side they are suing, so they have to make overtures about getting round the table.
Excellent post mate.

I do not that this kind of post is in any way helpful to the aims of this thread.

I will limit my comment to this as if I continue I may say some thing that I will regret.

Look out wasn't meant for anything other than to show that others might be getting it out as well. I don't know or follow who tweeted it but a look at his profile showed no connection to clubs up here. Call it misguided judgement

I pasted this out the rhebel as I couldn’t believe what this scumbag said in the last paragraph.

The only thing he is committed to is his filthy club....

Justice Secretary Humza Yousaf said he is committed to improving the experience of victims in the system.

Criminals across Scotland will be required to contribute to the cost of supporting victims.
A new financial penalty will be imposed on all offenders who are sentenced to pay a court fine,with the money going to the victim surcharge fund.
The charge applies to crimes committed from Monday, and payments from the fund will begin being made in six to 12 months' time.
Justice secretary Humza Yousaf said: "Experiencing crime can be an isolating and frightening experience and we are committed to improving the experiences of victims in our justice system.”

So what about the victims of Celtic Humza? Why have you made no contact or any offer of help or support for them.
You should be removed from office immediately.

Last edited:
I pasted this out the rhebel as I couldn’t believe what this scumbag said in the last paragraph.

The only thing he is committed to is his filthy club....

Justice Secretary Humza Yousaf said he is committed to improving the experience of victims in the system.

Criminals across Scotland will be required to contribute to the cost of supporting victims.
A new financial penalty will be imposed on all offenders who are sentenced to pay a court fine,with the money going to the victim surcharge fund.
The charge applies to crimes committed from Monday, and payments from the fund will begin being made in six to 12 months' time.
Justice secretary Humza Yousaf said: "Experiencing crime can be an isolating and frightening experience and we are committed to improving the experiences of victims in our justice system.”

So what about the victims of Celtic Humza? Why have you made no contact or any offer of help or support for them.
You should be removed from office immediately.

If anyone can make it to the Hearts game by 1.30 on Sunday we are distributing the last 18,000 leaflets on Anti SNP Tactical Voting to try to get these guys who BN94 refers to out of our government, or at least to diminish their impact on our community.

PM me if interested please ?

Does that mean the dark side have made an admission of guilt then Kai re: Kim Leslie gaining her client a 6 figure sum or am I off track here regards what the 6 figure sum was paid out for ? Was it a separate case from the victims of paedophilia ?
Sorry mate didn't notice your post, as far as I know, Kim Leslie of Digby Brown represented a victim of abuse who played for Celtc in the 1980's ,she shredded them in court where they admitted liability and her client walked away with a 6 figure compensation sum.

Sorry mate didn't notice your post, as far as I know, Kim Leslie of Digby Brown represented a victim of abuse who played for Celtc in the 1980's ,she shredded them in court where they admitted liability and her client walked away with a 6 figure compensation sum.
Thanks Kai ! , Well if that was related to child abuse and CFC had to pay out that would be a massive step forward and would give the victims hope . Looks like the way to go is via Digby Brown because at the moment it seems like the Come Dancing Regulars are representing the victims ( One step forward then two steps back ) with the McGuire Slow Waltz Company .

Email to New Balance

To: New Balance <media.relations@newbalance.com>
Cc: nbukcs@newbalance.co.uk, nbukcs@newbalance.co.uk
Dear Sir / Madam,

I have written to you previously regarding your companies sponsorship with Celtic F.C., highlighting the pitfalls of association with this rancid organisation, I note that to date you have ignored all correspondence.

Early next year there will be a 3 part, of hour long episodes , produced by Daniel Gordon Of Hillsborough fame. The club that you are happy to supply the kit to, will be exposed as covering up and enabling a systematic paedophile ring to operate on their premises on an industrial scale for 5 decades in which time they have sexually abused 100's of poor victims.

It will be detrimental to the reputation of New Balance to have funded an organisation who enabled the abuse of these poor victims, as I have mentioned before I am working within a group to obtain justice for the poor victims and we have a dossier on every Scottish M.S.P. , every company and organisation i.e. U.E.F.A, F.I.F.A, S.F.A. , who have all been made aware and have ignored, the plight of the poor victims and the abhorrent behaviour of Celtic F.C. , all will be named and shamed in time.

I am giving each of these persons and organisations one more chance to either stay on the list of shame, or do the ethical and correct thing and withdraw support for the "club like no other" who have endorsed and enabled 4 convicted paedophiles with more to follow.

Yours sincerely

R.K.

Email to New Balance

Dear Sir / Madam,

I have written to you previously regarding your companies sponsorship with Celtic F.C., highlighting the pitfalls of association with this rancid organisation, I note that to date you have ignored all correspondence.

Early next year there will be a 3 part, of hour long episodes , produced by Daniel Gordon Of Hillsborough fame. The club that you are happy to supply the kit to, will be exposed as covering up and enabling a systematic paedophile ring to operate on their premises on an industrial scale for 5 decades in which time they have sexually abused 100's of poor victims.

It will be detrimental to the reputation of New Balance to have funded an organisation who enabled the abuse of these poor victims, as I have mentioned before I am working within a group to obtain justice for the poor victims and we have a dossier on every Scottish M.S.P. , every company and organisation i.e. U.E.F.A, F.I.F.A, S.F.A. , who have all been made aware and have ignored, the plight of the poor victims and the abhorrent behaviour of Celtic F.C. , all will be named and shamed in time.

I am giving each of these persons and organisations one more chance to either stay on the list of shame, or do the ethical and correct thing and withdraw support for the "club like no other" who have endorsed and enabled 4 convicted paedophiles with more to follow.

Yours sincerely

R.K.
Excellent as usual Kai , Hat Doffed !

Email to New Balance

Dear Sir / Madam,

Yours sincerely

R.K.
Great stuff RK. Keeping the pressure on and warning them about the consequences of doing nothing. I hope you get a reaction from them.

BT are absolutely correct in withdrawing support for the disgraced Andrew. At best, he is guilty by association due to his relationship with Epstein. He is, and rightly so, a Royal pariah.

However, BT should now be brought to task as to why it's still ok to sponsor Celtic, a club in a league of their own when it comes to enabling and protecting paedophiles.

For a company that once boasted " It's Good to Talk " BT haven't uttered a single peep against Celtic and the heinous cover up of child sex abuse on an industrial scale that took place at Parkhead.

Last edited:
BT are absolutely correct in withdrawing support for the disgraced Andrew. At best, he is guilty by association due to his relationship with Epstein. He is, and rightly so, a Royal pariah.

However, BT should now be brought to task as to why it's still ok to sponsor Celtic, a club in a league of their own when it comes to enabling and protecting paedophiles.

For a company that once boasted " It's Good to Talk " BT haven't uttered a single peep against Celtic and the heinous cover up of child sex abuse on an industrial scale that took place at Parkhead.

It seems that even the Royals are not as well protected as scumtic FC. How is this possible?

Charities that have links with Prince Andrew and the bheasts. Longshot, would there be any and if so are they happy to be associated with the beasts if they have dropped Andrew. I’m well aware I may be clutching at straws.

Lateral thinking is what is required here. As well as using the direct route, there must be numerous opportunities to get to the same place in different ways.

FORMER Celtic Boys Club manager Frank Cairney has been cleared of a sex attack on a teenage boy because of a failure to reveal the victim's crimes of dishonesty ahead of his trial.

Cairney, 84, was given a four year jail sentence after he was convicted of nine charges of abusing young footballers.

More follows

By that they are calling the victim a liar, unreal, just because someone has been guilty of dishonesty how does that even merit a sentence reduction for Cairney, maybe he became dishonest due to what happened to him.

The collateral damage that the abuse will have caused is phenomenal. Long term mental health issues, depression and suicides. Not only for the victims but for their families who are left to pick up the pieces.

It's honestly heart breaking to see this being ignored all over again.

This is a sad day for every victim and their family members. Cairney’s length of sentence was farcical in the first place. To have it reduced further is an insult.

I’ve spent all morning in contact with the people we are working with. I wish I could put it on here and show the heartbreak this has caused. If people couldn’t see the corruption that we have been up against behind the scenes, then I really hope by seeing this today that you understand there is a major issue in our country that has to be fought.

Others will probably come on here and verify this after I’ve posted. Even though this is a setback, please believe that we will fight on. There are things going on that we will hopefully bring to light in the coming weeks.

This is a sad day for humanity. There are people in our society and lurk on here that will look at this as a good result.

A message to the justice secretary. How you sleep at night is beyond us. We have watched your every move reference the victims and families. You are not fit for purpose. I just hope and pray that your horrible Irish republican supporting party will be brought to its knees. I want you in front of an inquiry for your failures and we won’t give up.

I'm sickened by this dirty paedophile sentence being reduced, howerever it does not change the facts, the rat b@stard was a leading member of the Celtic FC Paedophile Ring.

Yup, his lawyer just has to find a little dirt on another seven or so victims then he can walk free.

He’s still what he was before today, a major cog in the Celtic Paedophile ring and the victims along with their families mustn’t let this get them down.

Back