Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Now the election is over we will be contacting all MSP’s again asking them to raise a motion in Parliament for a full independent inquiry.

As I understand it, they are waiting on the release of the full sfa report, the report that has omitted the child protection act that is.......

Now the election is over we will be contacting all MSP’s again asking them to raise a motion in Parliament for a full independent inquiry.

this an email I sent to my MSP today.
Dear Sir,
As one of your constituents I would like to request that you bring up in the Scottish Parliament the need for a completely independent public enquiry into the paedophile ring being operated within Celtic FC and Celtic boys club. I know the family of at least one of the victims has written on numerous occasions to both the Justice secretary and First Minister to no avail, they didn't even see fit to acknowledge either the victims mother or his sister. I myself have written to my local MP Mhari Black on several occasions concerning this matter and have been treated with the same disdain.
I would like to know why both non residential religious entities and sports clubs were exempt from the enquiry your government set up. I and many others can find no morally justifiable reason for this especially when local churches are known to be a hunting ground for paedophile clergy the world over as can be evidenced by the amount of prosecutions brought against clergy throughout the world with the Roman Catholic church being top of that list by a long way. The paedophile ring at Celtic FC/Celtic boys club has also been common knowledge for decades although the actual scale of it that has come to light through recent trials has been staggering.
I find it astonishing that the Scottish Government have made no comment on the scandal at Celtic FC/Celtic boys club and have done their best to ignore the loved ones of those abused. I know other MSPs have written to the Justice secretary on this matter only to be ignored, this is child rape we are talking about. Is this a price worth paying for votes? I would urge you to bring this matter up in the Scottish Parliament on my behalf it is the only moral thing to do and the victims, their families and friends deserve this. An inquiry into this abuse and it's subsequent cover up should be top of the Governments agenda. Any decent person regardless of their religious or political persuasions must be sickened by the rape of innocent children by those who were trusted to look after them whilst playing football.
Again could I ask for the reason for omitting churches and sports clubs from the enquiry, I have heard the reason was it would take too long if they were included, surely this can't be the reason, it doesn't matter how long these things take it's what they uncover that is important. We are looking at over 100 victims here. The survivors and those who have taken their own lives because of the abuse they suffered are entitled to closure by the truth being uncovered and those responsible being dealt with by the law. The survivors should be offered all the help available to enable them to come to terms with what they went through and also the way they have been treated by those in power who have up to now chose to ignore them.
I look forward to hearing from you hopefully with news of an independent enquiry.

Yours

Broxmeister

this an email I sent to my MSP today.
Dear Sir,
As one of your constituents I would like to request that you bring up in the Scottish Parliament the need for a completely independent public enquiry into the paedophile ring being operated within Celtic FC and Celtic boys club. I know the family of at least one of the victims has written on numerous occasions to both the Justice secretary and First Minister to no avail, they didn't even see fit to acknowledge either the victims mother or his sister. I myself have written to my local MP Mhari Black on several occasions concerning this matter and have been treated with the same disdain.
I would like to know why both non residential religious entities and sports clubs were exempt from the enquiry your government set up. I and many others can find no morally justifiable reason for this especially when local churches are known to be a hunting ground for paedophile clergy the world over as can be evidenced by the amount of prosecutions brought against clergy throughout the world with the Roman Catholic church being top of that list by a long way. The paedophile ring at Celtic FC/Celtic boys club has also been common knowledge for decades although the actual scale of it that has come to light through recent trials has been staggering.
I find it astonishing that the Scottish Government have made no comment on the scandal at Celtic FC/Celtic boys club and have done their best to ignore the loved ones of those abused. I know other MSPs have written to the Justice secretary on this matter only to be ignored, this is child rape we are talking about. Is this a price worth paying for votes? I would urge you to bring this matter up in the Scottish Parliament on my behalf it is the only moral thing to do and the victims, their families and friends deserve this. An inquiry into this abuse and it's subsequent cover up should be top of the Governments agenda. Any decent person regardless of their religious or political persuasions must be sickened by the rape of innocent children by those who were trusted to look after them whilst playing football.
Again could I ask for the reason for omitting churches and sports clubs from the enquiry, I have heard the reason was it would take too long if they were included, surely this can't be the reason, it doesn't matter how long these things take it's what they uncover that is important. We are looking at over 100 victims here. The survivors and those who have taken their own lives because of the abuse they suffered are entitled to closure by the truth being uncovered and those responsible being dealt with by the law. The survivors should be offered all the help available to enable them to come to terms with what they went through and also the way they have been treated by those in power who have up to now chose to ignore them.
I look forward to hearing from you hopefully with news of an independent enquiry.

Yours

Broxmeister
Excellent email. Well done for taking the time and effort. It definitely deserves a reply. Well done mate.

I’ve noticed that recently. I think it’s clear though that Celtic will continue to deny and deflect no matter what evidence is put in front of them with the assistance of their PR company.

This has gone on for over 40 years. Like I’ve said previously, in each and every country where this religion/cult exists and has been brought to justice, they will fight to the bitter end.

That club know exactly what’s gone on. We also believe that there are more bheasts yet to be discovered that were linked to the club. I also believe there has been attempts to hide these bheasts from that club’s history.

I know everyone will agree that the abuse the Gray family took recently was despicable. That reaction from them, proves that we are hitting a nerve.

They are a club like no other, with a support like no other. A disgusting cult that needs to be brought in front of a full public inquiry and justice served on all who committed crimes and those who also knew.

This brings us to the SNP and the individual who they claim is qualified to be a justice secretary. We strongly believe going by our constant communication with people behind the scenes, that the SNP are probably the biggest stumbling block in this whole issue. We will continue to push them for a full independent inquiry.
When this documentary is aired next year, it sounds like they make up a decent part of it, would that not be the time to really push for an I dependant enquiry. Make sure everyone knows who is blocking it, ignoring it and what their leanings towards a certain club are. Can we embarrass them into it?

When this documentary is aired next year, it sounds like they make up a decent part of it, would that not be the time to really push for an I dependant enquiry. Make sure everyone knows who is blocking it, ignoring it and what their leanings towards a certain club are. Can we embarrass them into it?
The documentary will definitely bring it to the public. It will also feature clubs from England which in turn will hopefully pressure Westminster into a full UK wide inquiry. It will hopefully show the links between bheasts at Celtic and Bennell.
Evidence so far shows that the SNP have no appetite for an inquiry and I wouldn’t trust them in appointing the correct person to head an inquiry. Only time will tell I suppose.

This has been on here for months and nothing has happened,cant see anything happening now
The timescale for the 3 programmes has more or less always been the same and it sounds as tho it will happen. I have my doubts about which channels will want to pick it up but most likely someone will.

Hopefully that will be the catalyst which brings it all to the fore.

The timescale for the 3 programmes has more or less always been the same and it sounds as tho it will happen. I have my doubts about which channels will want to pick it up but most likely someone will.

Hopefully that will be the catalyst which brings it all to the fore.
So what is the timescale? Jan? Feb? Later!

What is the timescale for court action to be initiated by the lawyers acting on behalf of the victims?
I seem to remember a lot of threatening tweets made by them many months ago, and so far, nothing.

This has been on here for months and nothing has happened,cant see anything happening now
As much as I understand your point of view and share some of your frustration, I completely disagree.
This is a very complex issue that involves victims of child abuse. Some of these victims have also found the courage to step forward in the past few months and have to be supported for doing so.
None of this can be fixed overnight. It involves long investigations.
I would also like to inform you that the documentary has taken 5 years to produce and is due to air from early to mid next year. This we believe will bring a whole lot more into the public domain.

Last edited:
I don’t think they have got away with anything,time will tell and I think the guys and gals on here who have worked tirelessly to help others.

Survivors deserve the truth and let’s hope next year is a better year for more exposure and answers to this mega cover up and dark disgusting acts of that club.

As much as I understand your point of view and share some of your frustration, I completely disagree.
This is a very complex issue that involves victims of child abuse. Some of these victims have also found the courage to step forward in the past few months and have to be supported for doing so.
None of this can be fixed overnight. It involves long investigations and then has to be proved.
I would also like to inform you that the documentary has taken 5 years to produce and is due to air from early to mid next year. This we believe will bring a whole lot more into the public domain.
Featuring very prominately a team from The East End of Glasgow

Please don't post that they have "got away with it" unless you know something that we don't.
Rome wasn't built in a day and the many people who drive this will keep driving.

Here here, it Had to be said.

Far too many on here tarred with this lazy and defeatist attitude. Thank god those fighting hard to see justice done have a stronger belief.

Not yet, but this is the most likely outcome. The decision to protect them at all costs go right to the top of the Scottish government.

I agree and it will be right from the top that this will be brought to conclusion. A perfect storm is brewing and the truth will out, and It will be a very sobering day for all when it does. We will realize that as a nation we failed to act sooner.

SFA are doing nothing out of fear of litigation against them. This happened on their watch and they have known for many years. The same goes for local authorities. There is genuine fear as lawyers will include anyone and everyone that knew and should have done something about it. My feeling is that is reason nothing is happening. So many people knew. There is a deliberate slowing down process, an ignoring of what should morally now should be done, as some many parties are embarrassed and guilty of turning a blind eye. Lets hope that tactic does not work.

I suspect everything will come out eventually but conveniently it wont happen until the people in the positions of responsibility, not talking about the perpetrators but the people who covered up, at the time are all dead and beyond prosecution and disgrace.

Not yet, but this is the most likely outcome. The decision to protect them at all costs go right to the top of the Scottish government.
This is why, when this documentary is aired that we ensure every part of social media is utilised to show that club and these politicians up for what they are. Paedophile protectors. Everyone must know.

I feel like a broken record but I will say this again. The SFA will do nothing about the bheasts unless their hand is forced.
There are a multitude of reasons why but one to have a think about is -
How many paedophiles operated under the auspice of the SFA?

I have to say I agree. For me they'd be effectively punishing themselves as well as the Bheasts and they are simply not going to get involved in any way that apportions blame on them & that's without taking into account who were board members over the years at the SFA.
They are massively involved in this & not just the cover up

I have to say I agree. For me they'd be effectively punishing themselves as well as the Bheasts and they are simply not going to get involved in any way that apportions blame on them & that's without taking into account who were board members over the years at the SFA.
They are massively involved in this & not just the cover up
Absolutely mate and that is why they are the first layer of protection around celtic. Going after the SFA as well as MSP's is the only way forward.

I’ve noticed recently a bit of negativity from some posters. I fully understand this but you need to realise that these things take time and effort. The election also hasn’t helped. I urge you to please be patient.
Got to agree with this, virtually the same people with the same negative attitude, from what I understand and believe their day will come there will be nowhere to hide

We’ve been informed that it’s early to mid next year. It has taken up to 5 years to produce and the programme maker is Daniel Gordon. This is the gentleman that produced and directed the Hillsborough disaster documentary.
It's probably taken that long to get through their disgusting web of lies. And, as you have said, there are more secrets, more bheasts, probably being uncovered around every corner. The list of 14 names comes to mind here!

SFA are doing nothing out of fear of litigation against them. This happened on their watch and they have known for many years. The same goes for local authorities. There is genuine fear as lawyers will include anyone and everyone that knew and should have done something about it. My feeling is that is reason nothing is happening. So many people knew. There is a deliberate slowing down process, an ignoring of what should morally now should be done, as some many parties are embarrassed and guilty of turning a blind eye. Lets hope that tactic does not work.
Hopefully this happens and people in that organization are imprisoned so we can clear out that cabal. Like all of us gers fans say, all we ever want from that group is impartiality and fairness. I'd love to get access to some of their internal documents. I'm sure there is incriminating documentation of how we are being treated as a club and as a team by referees and the 'compliance' officer. There HAS to be. It's an obviously concerted effort.

Victim of Celtic Boys' Club sex beast dies after being 'crushed' by court blow.

A man who bravely gave evidence against Celtic Boys’ Club beast Frank Cairney only to see his testimony quashed on appeal has tragically died.

And the Daily Record can reveal that it was a prosecution blunder that led to evil paedophile Cairney getting a year off his four-year sentence.

We are not naming the man at the request of his family.

He is thought to have suffered a heart attack at his home after facing the anguish of seeing his evidence against Cairney quashed by the appeal court. He died, aged 60, less than two weeks after the appeal court judgment.

His daughter said: “Cairney stole my dad’s childhood, stole my dad’s innocence and sentenced him to a lifetime of silence.

“Dad had said he would fight this decision but the decision had left him crushed.”

The Daily Record can reveal the Crown failed to ask the man about his previous convictions in England, going back to 1980. Cairney’s defence team seized on the fact the convictions had not been revealed to the jury, leading to the appeal that saw his sentence reduced.

The Crown Office has told the Record it is “deeply regrettable” one of Cairney's convictions has been quashed and it is “reviewing its practices”.

It means Cairney, 84, could be freed as early as August.

Before he died, the man told the Record: “It is an outrage. I did the right thing by coming forward and going through the ordeal of court.

“The Crown never even asked me about convictions in England. If they had, I would have told them.”

The former Celtic Boys’ Club player spent more than two-and-a-half hours in the witness box at Hamilton Sheriff Court last year.

Cairney was jailed for four years but that has now been reduced to three years. Eight men – who did not know each other – gave powerful testimony of the predatory sexual abuse carried out by Cairney from 1965 to 1986.

The man thought some kind of justice had finally be done but was left “shattered” by his experience. He said: “There is no justice. This makes me ashamed to be Scottish.

“After the trial I was interviewed by the Daily Record. The first question they asked was if I had any previous convictions. I said right away that I did and disclosed them to the Record.

“If the Crown had asked me this ahead of the trial I would have told them right away.

“I was abused in 1974 and after all these years I don’t know what to do or who to turn to. I’m convinced that if the jury had been told of my previous convictions, my evidence, which was 100 per cent truth, would have been accepted by the jury.

“It was extremely difficult to see Cairney’s face in court – one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do in my life.”

Cairney’s appeal hinged on the man’s convictions in England for dishonesty.

He said: “The reason I was in London was because I couldn’t get out of Glasgow quick enough after what Cairney did to me. The convictions were as a result of my state of mind. I had been sexually abused as a child.”

Lord Justice General Lord Carloway, Lord Drummond Young and Lord Turnbull overturned Cairney’s conviction on the specific charge three weeks ago. Eight convictions still stand against him.

The appeal court judges’ ruling stated: “The Crown had not accessed the Police National Computer, to which the police had access and which recorded all UK convictions. The Crown could readily have checked the PNC, which regularly provided data on previous convictions for use in prosecutions.

“The Crown ought to have disclosed the convictions...

“There was a duty on the Crown to disclose the criminal history of complainers if known, but no routine check was carried out to find criminal records in jurisdictions other than Scotland.”

In May, the Record revealed that Celtic FC investigated and cleared Celtic Boys’ Club bosses of any wrongdoing in the 80s.

This is at odds with Celtic FC’s contention that the two were entirely separate entities.

Jim Torbett, 71, the founder of the boys’ club, was jailed for two years in 1998 and for six years last November for a string of sex abuse against children.

Another predatory paedophile Jim McCafferty, 73, another CBC coach and Celtic FC kitman, was jailed for six years and nine months in May.

Gerald King, 66, a former CBC chairman, was convicted of abusing four boys and one girl at a school in Glasgow but avoided a jail term.

Last edited:

A man who bravely gave evidence against Celtic Boys’ Club beast Frank Cairney only to see his testimony quashed on appeal has tragically died.

And the Daily Record can reveal that it was a prosecution blunder that led to evil paedophile Cairney getting a year off his four-year sentence.

He is thought to have suffered a heart attack at his home after facing the anguish of seeing his evidence against Cairney quashed by the appeal court. He died, aged 60, less than two weeks after the appeal court judgment.

His daughter said: “Cairney stole my dad’s childhood, stole my dad’s innocence and sentenced him to a lifetime of silence.

“Dad had said he would fight this decision but the decision had left him crushed.”

The Daily Record can reveal the Crown failed to ask the man about his previous convictions in England, going back to 1980. Cairney’s defence team seized on the fact the convictions had not been revealed to the jury, leading to the appeal that saw his sentence reduced.

The Crown Office has told the Record it is “deeply regrettable” one of Cairney's convictions has been quashed and it is “reviewing its practices”.

Before he died, the man told the Record: “It is an outrage. I did the right thing by coming forward and going through the ordeal of court.

“The Crown never even asked me about convictions in England. If they had, I would have told them.”

The former Celtic Boys’ Club player spent more than two-and-a-half hours in the witness box at Hamilton Sheriff Court last year.

Cairney was jailed for four years but that has now been reduced to three years. Eight men – who did not know each other – gave powerful testimony of the predatory sexual abuse carried out by Cairney from 1965 to 1986.

The man thought some kind of justice had finally be done but was left “shattered” by his experience. He said: “There is no justice. This makes me ashamed to be Scottish.

“After the trial I was interviewed by the Daily Record. The first question they asked was if I had any previous convictions. I said right away that I did and disclosed them to the Record.

“If the Crown had asked me this ahead of the trial I would have told them right away.

“I was abused in 1974 and after all these years I don’t know what to do or who to turn to. I’m convinced that if the jury had been told of my previous convictions, my evidence, which was 100 per cent truth, would have been accepted by the jury.

“It was extremely difficult to see Cairney’s face in court – one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do in my life.”

He said: “The reason I was in London was because I couldn’t get out of Glasgow quick enough after what Cairney did to me. The convictions were as a result of my state of mind. I had been sexually abused as a child.”

Lord Justice General Lord Carloway, Lord Drummond Young and Lord Turnbull overturned Cairney’s conviction on the specific charge three weeks ago. Eight convictions still stand against him.

The appeal court judges’ ruling stated: “The Crown had not accessed the Police National Computer, to which the police had access and which recorded all UK convictions. The Crown could readily have checked the PNC, which regularly provided data on previous convictions for use in prosecutions.

“There was a duty on the Crown to disclose the criminal history of complainers if known, but no routine check was carried out to find criminal records in jurisdictions other than Scotland.”

In May, the Record revealed that Celtic FC investigated and cleared Celtic Boys’ Club bosses of any wrongdoing in the 80s.

This is at odds with Celtic FC’s contention that the two were entirely separate entities.

Jim Torbett, 71, the founder of the boys’ club, was jailed for two years in 1998 and for six years last November for a string of sex abuse against children.

Another predatory paedophile Jim McCafferty, 73, another CBC coach and Celtic FC kitman, was jailed for six years and nine months in May.

Gerald King, 66, a former CBC chairman, was convicted of abusing four boys and one girl at a school in Glasgow but avoided a jail term.

Fucking hell.
This should be pinned to that scumbag judge’s front door.
Shameful.

Im sorry for the families loss and hope that they at least get some comfort that their son, brother, husband or father was brave enough to stand up to that coward but ' Eight convictions still stand against him.'

Ask yourself if the length of service for the amount of crimes committed is justified.

If that was a multiple murderer they wouldn't be allowed out, that should also apply to any paedo who has multiple convictions in paedophilia , justice in this country is terrible but I suppose it just matches its minister.

This is another victim who has been failed by a so called under qualified justice secretary who puts his beloved club before the victims of child abuse.
And as for Celtic? Well they will carry on down the path of “separate entity” and claim it’s nothing to do with them. They are a vile club that has to answer for their past.

That's so sad.

Heartbreaking to read that. At only 60, that monster killed this man maybe not directly but that nonce and all that enabled his deprevaty (may I add) took this poor souls life.

There you go lads, for all you that were losing your faith in the fight for justice. This is what we're fighting for.

RIP Mr

Back