Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

It was stated that he put a brick through Jim Torbett's window the guy should be applauded for what he did not ostracised.
If only more of their supporters were like him, he is undoubtably a proud Celtic man but even more important is that he needs to be recognised as a good man.
He wanted to right the wrongs that were happening to young kids at his club, he deserves the most humblest of apologies from his club and his fellow supporters.

Everything you say is spot on. It is just a pity that some of their fans couldn't, like him, see that this crime goes way beyond allegiances to football clubs, and into the the very core of our humanity.

Mr McSherry doesn't need to justify his actions to people who are willing to cover up and silence this crime, in order to protect the ' good name ' of their favourite football club.

That club will never apologise. They have never shown contrition towards anyone affected by this, only self-preservation and protecting their reputation, which will soon be in tatters.

on another post big steve. Liewell talking to SFRU about getting crowds back safely in stadiums. Said football club desperation to get some fans back in their midden so old firm gam isn’t behind closed doors as they know we can holder our own at their dump. Utter sewer rat and clearly gaining favour with others high up in sport to show that he cares when it’s all another cover up to protect their secrets!
Thanks for the info. Scheming snake

The grammar and wording isn't great but over 30,000 have signed it already.

I take it that there is now way that it can be cleaned up? Is there possibility that a petition could be declined based on that it doesn’t seem very professional?

I live in Canada and have signed it. I also shared it on my Facebook page with a comment about The child abuse scandal and saying that it doesn't matter if it happens in Pennsylvania or Scotland, child abuse is still child abuse and the victims should be compensated and the perpetrators punished to the full extent of the law.

I live in Canada and have signed it. I also shared it on my Facebook page with a comment about The child abuse scandal and saying that it doesn't matter if it happens in Pennsylvania or Scotland, child abuse is still child abuse and the victims should be compensated and the perpetrators punished to the full extent of the law.
Your bang on the money @whitbyontbear regarding full extent of the law but in the USA and Canada they will absolutely hammer the perpetrator with jail time and cost a company millions upon millions whilst back here in snp schotland we will only give a peado a 6 month sentence per crime and not even look into the company that accommodated and facilitated peado abuse.

Adrian Goldberg is a radio host, he does current affairs etc. More publicity the better
I see the roaster on twatter. The Timmy twitterati twat o’fucknut has been begging this guy to do some investigating of some newspaper cuttings that have been doing the rounds for a few years now, rather than the guy being asked to do some real investigating and digging up some real and proper evidential information that damns his whole stinking club.
I imagine the guy will bin the roaster, he’s hopefully saw through the person for what they are, a sycophantic fool.

After they Celti@ are proven guilty, and even worse of the cover up, the global news agencies should have it on every major news channel on the planet the same as Penn State and the fact that the SNP's devoluted corrupt government knew and did nothing about it.
The SNP in fact made sure that religious and sporting establishments ( RC Church and Celti@ football club ) the two identities that everyone knew should be investigated because of their previous history were excluded from their sham of an investigation.
Don't understand that. It's not as if anyone would contemplate vandalising an all inclusive pub as the brazen heid, is it?
Pretty fitting name there:

bra·zen
/ˈbrāzən/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
1. bold and without shame.
"he went about his illegal business with a brazen assurance"
2. LITERARY•ARCHAIC
made of brass.

verb
endure an embarrassing or difficult situation by behaving with apparent confidence and lack of shame.

Pretty fitting name there:

bra·zen
/ˈbrāzən/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
1. bold and without shame.
"he went about his illegal business with a brazen assurance"
2. LITERARY•ARCHAIC
made of brass.

verb
endure an embarrassing or difficult situation by behaving with apparent confidence and lack of shame.
Would certainly apply to Mr. Lawwell. Both words!

thats a harrowing listen, a few points:

the lady said her brother couldve avoided the abuse if celtic scurrilous allegations had been taken seriously by celtic, the sfa and the police.

She has suffered violence from celtic fans egged on by scottish media.

How can celtic boast about safeguarding children going forward when their internal investigation didnt speak to any victims?

Finally what i picked from is how can the SFA commission a report into historic child abuse when a complainer had directly implicated them in the historical cover up?

That was a heartbreaking and hard listen at times. You could hear the emotion in Michelle's voice at times while describing the effects that the abuse had on Andrew, and also when talking about the abuse from fans of that club on social media.

I've said before that I think Gordon Woods will be a leader for others affected by this and after hearing him talk, I'm even more convinced. He was firm, articulate and composed when speaking.

To both Michelle and Gordon, if you happen to read this thread, I want to say thank you for speaking about an obviously emotional and personal subject. Michelle said that Andrew wanted to prevent other boys from going through what he went through, and your efforts to get justice and an enquiry will not be in vain.

That was a heartbreaking and hard listen at times. You could hear the emotion in Michelle's voice at times while describing the effects that the abuse had on Andrew, and also when talking about the abuse from fans of that club on social media.

I've said before that I think Gordon Woods will be a leader for others affected by this and after hearing him talk, I'm even more convinced. He was firm, articulate and composed when speaking.

To both Michelle and Gordon, if you happen to read this thread, I want to say thank you for speaking about an obviously emotional and personal subject. Michelle said that Andrew wanted to prevent other boys from going through what he went through, and your efforts to get justice and an enquiry will not be in vain.
They will see this message.

Gordon and Michelle carry themselves with great dignity throughout that interview and their voices should hammer home, to any 'person' in any doubt, the human element in all of this. This isnt just some online game of cat and mouse.

Incredible strength of character on display by both.

I feel sorry for any victim that feels guilty about not speaking up sooner (therefore potentially protecting others from abuse).

Just listened to it there. Harrowing. How could you be a sane human being and not ask for justice to be served for the survivors and the families of abused. You really need to evaluate your life if you think that it’s acceptable to personally target people who have went through the horrors these people have. I really hope one day they get the justice they deserve and are able to find some sort of peace and to move on. I can’t imagine how that’s even possible, however I hope somehow they do.
I was about to go on a rant about the judicial system in this country since the Nats took over but I’ll keep my words for another time. I just hope Karma does exist and those monsters get whatever comes their way. I include the enablers and the online abusers in that statement aswell.

Thanks for putting that podcast up BN, what shone through for me there was the way Michelle & Gordon presented themselves, after hearing them speak in a calm & dignified manner about these terrible incidents, they left me feeling they have the determination to see this through to the day the last victim has there voice heard & the people & organisations that covered these events up are held to account, would be good if more media outlets would interview them & let the world see that this is not about football rivalry this is about the sexual abuse of young boys & how a globally recognised brand is telling everyone to move along as there is nothing to see, Michelle & Gordon have a story to tell & their story is so much easier to listen to than to read when the writer of that story has the power to set it out in a way that may or may not suit a particular agenda.

Going to America must have cost of money - wonder if a seperate entity helped to fund it?
You don't make enough money to send a squad of players to make a trip to the states through selling a football card or having a raffle.

At best, you get a kit for the team. Or you get it paid by the club you are part of, which is certainly not an amateur team.

I'll go with it being paid for by the people who own the boys club, which would be Celtic football club.

Back