Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

I wonder if the FF team contacting Talk Radio would be a good idea re the Nicola Sturgeon refusal to engage with the victims and their families of CBC and CFC ?

Also the fact that her Uncle Iain Ferguson got an award for his Daily Record reports on CBC in 1996

Mike Graham a few weeks ago described Nonce FC as the “paedo club”

They appear to hate Sturgeon so might be a useful media outlet to get the message out about the SNP failing the victims

Dan Wootton won’t be afraid to confront them

Maybe get Gordon Woods to be interviewed if he’s up for this ?

Believe me we share you’re frustration. We’ve worked on this everyday for probably over 2 years now. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. We have a devolved government who do not want any of this to come out and continue to hide behind an SFA review.
Within this party they have a lot of Irish Republican sympathisers who have proved that the republican vote comes before anything else. Their sole aim is independence. They will do nothing to upset their core voters. This is what we’re up against.
We also have many media outlets that are scared to go near it. This is the main reason we took it out of Scotland.
Please believe that as we’re talking now there is things happening behind the scenes. Journalists outside Scotland are taking a big interest and are asking all the correct questions. Unlike the shameful Scottish press these journalists won’t back down and we will assist them in anyway we can.
We believe this goes deeper than Celtic. We believe there are/was people in high places let’s say that will do anything to protect Celtic. Our job is to break that down and we’ve done alright so far.
It’s a long gradual process I agree, but everything has to be checked and verified. In the next couple of months there will be more movement reference new charges and more stories coming out.
This was a very well organised ring which includes members of the Catholic Church also, for example Father Michael Spencer who was uncovered recently. We also know there are others on that list that were involved with the Catholic Church that were around cbc.
I can also say there are others on the list that we are currently investigating, and certain members of the press are also currently investigating. We have also seen Alex Thomson taking a close interest and I don’t think he is finished.
Recently we also seen interest coming from Adrian Goldberg. I can also tell you he’s not the only one and that other journalists are taking note of spotlight.
It’s just unfortunate that we have an under qualified government running this country that only care about one section of their community let’s say. Our job is to continue to break this down and we will but it will take time.
A very sobering reminder of what your up against. It doesn’t seem like justice is going to come easy. You guys deserve tremendous respect for the sacrifice you are making to help the victims. I truly hope it all pays off in the end.

Looking at the wider picture it is really unsettling the individuals in positions of power in Scotland today. I can’t say I’ve ever held politicians in high regard but this current breed of nationalists really appear to be a bunch of uneducated, self serving, chancers. They’ll do anything to stay in power and seem prepared to lead the country into the abyss to achieve their dream of independence and even greater power. We can only hope the country wakes up and ousts them before that happens

I wonder if the FF team contacting Talk Radio would be a good idea re the Nicola Sturgeon refusal to engage with the victims and their families of CBC and CFC ?

Also the fact that her Uncle Iain Ferguson got an award for his Daily Record reports on CBC in 1996

Mike Graham a few weeks ago described Nonce FC as the “paedo club”

They appear to hate Sturgeon so might be a useful media outlet to get the message out about the SNP failing the victims

Dan Wootton won’t be afraid to confront them

Maybe get Gordon Woods to be interviewed if he’s up for this ?
That's the same Mike Graham who quickly stopped commenting/reporting on the scandal, I wonder why??

Cheers for looking for the stories, I knew it existed somewhere.
I still can’t see why there couldn’t be more than 1 enquiry though, all running in parallel with each other. Yes it would have cost a lot of money but what price do you put on justice?
I see the enquiry they did run was expected to last 4 years. It’s time must be up soon surely and they can just keep the teams in place and roll them into the next investigation. Nobody has ever put a timescale on when the enquiries would begin, they just want a commitment to starting one.

The inquiry has had an approval to continue indefinitely until the investigations have been concluded and the findings published.

It's a shame their scope is defined as only those considered in the care of institutions though I can't help but feel even if it wasnt the impact would be minimal in the case of that shower.

For proper justice to be realised here it's still going to take the press, police, government and courts to admit it occurred and respond appropriately. They've sickeningly shown us that is never going to happen off their own accord so it has to be unyielding pressure until the dam bursts.

The work of the victims brave enough to be the face of this and the teams behind them are much more likely to bring this to a head than the inquiry ever would and more fucking power to them to do so. They're doing an incredible job and I really hope that this reaps the rewards their efforts deserve.

The inquiry has had an approval to continue indefinitely until the investigations have been concluded and the findings published.

It's a shame their scope is defined as only those considered in the care of institutions though I can't help but feel even if it wasnt the impact would be minimal in the case of that shower.

For proper justice to be realised here it's still going to take the press, police, government and courts to admit it occurred and respond appropriately. They've sickeningly shown us that is never going to happen off their own accord so it has to be unyielding pressure until the dam bursts.

The work of the victims brave enough to be the face of this and the teams behind them are much more likely to bring this to a head than the inquiry ever would and more fucking power to them to do so. They're doing an incredible job and I really hope that this reaps the rewards their efforts deserve.

Right from the outset of this inquiry there were major flaws, most of which I believe were intended to undermine and frustrate. Im glad there are people finally gaining some closure, but there are many survivors who have lost all confidence in this inquiry and far too many were excluded altogether.

Last edited:
Right from the outset of this inquiry there were major flaws, most of which I believe were intended to undermine and frustrate. Im glad there are people finally gaining some closure, but there are many survivors who have lost all confidence in this inquiry and far too many were excluded altogether.

I would like to think that a massive majority of people will only be disillusioned at the scope and recognise the amazing work that those who are involved now are doing in allowing swathes of people to finally open up about the awful crimes that have been committed against them. I am also certain that the people doing the jobs would love to be able to speak to anyone who has suffered, irrespective of where it happened.

I can't say much more than that and I also don't want to derail this thread any further so will leave it there.

I'm following this thread with interest and awe at the work being done. It feels like the whole team are on the cusp of a major breakthrough and when it comes you should be amazingly proud of what you've achieved.

Last edited:
It's not often you have a whole government silenced, the unscrupulous shower in charge at Holyrood are a disgrace. They should be under scrutiny as well as the "mob from the east" that masquerades as a football club. A full independent inquiry is required for this national scandal. Why is this exempt !

Is there nobody from the real government (Westminster) that is aware of this and will comment?

Genuinely in awe of what your FF team has achieved, some so called journalists that criticize don't even have the balls to admit that without your investigation the victims might have had no chance of closure yet they will feel no shame about that. Doors slammed shut in your face by the government, religious bias, and the football body that's supposed to look after the children that play under their banner. You deserve every accolade going and be very proud of what you have achieved so far, yet the battle goes on. May the survivors of this atrocity get their day and the perpetrators rot in hell. No surrender!

I have followed this story closely over the last few years on various platforms and felt I needed to rejoin this forum after leaving a few years back so as to give some acknowledgement to the great work that has been done by a group of people connected to the forum .

I also have my own viewpoint on the subject and can add a very small piece to add to the list of evidence that seperate entity is a blatant lie .

From the age of about 9 I was made aware from other boys my age that CBC was very different to the rest of the boys clubs in Glasgow at the time that bore the names of large professional clubs ,I grew up in Scotstoun and there were regular trials at Victoria Drive for Rangers boys ckub ,my best mate at the time had a next door neighbour who was a couple of years older played for the team that represented Glasgow west ,He was like us a good young bluenose .Given we were only about 9 or 10 he was a bit like a mini hero to us .Despite him being a bluenose like us his ambition was to play for CBC ,we used to rip him for it but his reason was that CBC was seen by him as a better route to being a pro player as they had a direct link through to the first team unlike any of the other clubs such as Rangers ,Man Utd and Nottingham forest who had boys clubs named after them at the time

Now why would an 11 year old boy think there was anything different about the boys clubs in Glasgow at the time unless somebody told him there was a distinct difference
I will back you up on that mate it was always said back then that CBC was connected to Celtic and you had far more chance to get up through the ranks. Rangers BC was a completely separate entity at that time. I will admit I thought of writing in for a trial at that time but thankfully never did.

I have just been involved in a Facebook discussion about the abuse. It started off with an ex colleague Celtic fan. But soon three of his Celtic pals joined in. All of them accusing Rangers of covering up abuse too. Deflect and deny was the theme. I ended up leaving the conversation. Unfortunately these 4 guys are typical of most Celtic fans in the country.

I have just been involved in a Facebook discussion about the abuse. It started off with an ex colleague Celtic fan. But soon three of his Celtic pals joined in. All of them accusing Rangers of covering up abuse too. Deflect and deny was the theme. I ended up leaving the conversation. Unfortunately these 4 guys are typical of most Celtic fans in the country.
simple answer to this type of deflection, a full ,independent,and transparent investigation of all clubs,im sure i speak for all bears in this would be an agreeable course of action ,as for that other shower im not convinced they are in agreement

How many paedophiles convictions do both clubs have ?

How many known paedophiles did each RE-EMPLOY ?

Ask them those questions.

I would like to think that a massive majority of people will only be disillusioned at the scope and recognise the amazing work that those who are involved now are doing in allowing swathes of people to finally open up about the awful crimes that have been committed against them. I am also certain that the people doing the jobs would love to be able to speak to anyone who has suffered, irrespective of where it happened.

I can't say much more than that and I also don't want to derail this thread any further so will leave it there.

I'm following this thread with interest and awe at the work being done. It feels like the whole team are on the cusp of a major breakthrough and when it comes you should be amazingly proud of what you've achieved.

Not at all pal some very good points there, the Scottish gov are the ones who have let this inquiry down bigtime. There are many good people who wanted to do more more but were blocked, its the survivors and their families that are the real heroes they refuse to give up the fight for justice. The folks on here are are simply supporting them and helping to get it out there, and what an effort they have put in. Im proud of every one of them, they are a credit to this country.

Yup, the snp rewrite the rules by ruling out the investigation of the culprits that they categorically KNOW are the root cause of all of this. Then cry that they cannot comment until the dodgy guy finally issues the damning report, and to ensure they never have to comment, they arrange for him to go sick, thereby ensuring they never have to comment or get involved.

What a horses arse. Tick tock timmy

Their fans don't realise the scale of this scandal.

They are so identified with their idea of their club ( being a charity, spokesman for the downtrodden etc), that they refuse to accept the truth. They have been told for decades, helped by the media pr, that any accusations are the result of bigotry or sectarianism.

Their bubble is about to be burst. And it is going to shock even the most ardent of their fans.

Last edited:
For those who have not already seen this, have a look at the contemptuous dismissive manner in which the Scottish Government deals with Freedom of Information requests in connection with the topic that they have no desire to discuss, let alone action.

Many genuine people have spend considerable time drafting serious enquiries about an extremely important topic. There are possibly victims amongst these information requests.

You do not have to read the whole content, just have a quick scroll through and you will soon realise that they are using standard replies and cut & paste jobs as their replies.

It truly is a national disgrace.

Wish I was shocked at those cut and paste replies

And will shock most people, I would imagine. Even some of us on here.
It’s not even started yet. Those that know us know how long we’ve worked on this day and night. We’ve gathered so much information and heard so many stories that will personally live with me forever.
All the evidence that you’ve seen us post shows that Celtic did not treat the boys club as a separate entity. They chose to turn their back with the hope it would go away. That’s simply disgusting.
We strongly believe we’ve only scratched the surface. We believe there are more perpetrators out there linked with this. There are even more who know exactly what went on and turned a blind eye. These people need to be known also.
I won’t bore you with what we think of the SNP. All I will say is I’m embarrassed that they are currently governing our country. Ffs wake up Scotland. They have to be removed.

Genuinely in awe of what your FF team has achieved, some so called journalists that criticize don't even have the balls to admit that without your investigation the victims might have had no chance of closure yet they will feel no shame about that. Doors slammed shut in your face by the government, religious bias, and the football body that's supposed to look after the children that play under their banner. You deserve every accolade going and be very proud of what you have achieved so far, yet the battle goes on. May the survivors of this atrocity get their day and the perpetrators rot in hell. No surrender!
Most are still toeing the party line and blaming Rangers fans for point scoring over this. Fvcking criminal what they've been doing. Just about every poster on here want closure and recompense for the victims. Anything else that comes after that is just common sense; an organization that enables pedophilia by their actions and non actions HAS to be punished surely.

Can I ask everyone who has access to social media to share these articles every time you see one, all it takes is for someone to see one and they might have a tiny bit of information that can be put to use by the team behind the scene.

Or it may make it's way to another journalist, Adrian Goldberg got interested because he saw the spotlight twitter. Either way, you have something that the people doing their best to thwart this hate, the power to publicise this further and further.

Make it a must-do to share everything.

Did Celtic FC (not Boys Club) ever have its own youth football teams? Like Celtic FC under 13s or Celtic FC under 11s?

Or were those teams simply Celtic Boys Club?

CFC and CBC are one and the same but let’s just pacify those who choose do everything possible to muddy the waters and deny this
What’s their thoughts as grown men regarding their club officials behaviour.
Directors, managers and players knowingly covering up child abuse, and this is not even debatable
It is there in black and white, airport pacts, meetings, kicking out perpetrators only to bring them back
This is a part of this whole disgusting saga that I struggle with
We all know who I am talking about, the press know who I am talking about and the Police know who I am talking about
Why in a civilised society are these scumbags still afforded freedom
It is absolutely disgusting

Reply from Martin Henry at SFA on abuse report today.

Dear xxxxxxxx

Thank you for your email concerning the release of the Final Report of the Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football.

I have been waiting for a date to be agreed by the Scottish FA for submission and release of the final report. I have just heard from them that they are close to finalising the date and so I remain hopeful that the report will be published within the next few weeks. I too am very keen for the report to be published as soon as possible.

As you know the report could not be submitted and released until all of the criminal proceedings concerning those individual cases cited in the report were concluded. The last of these was concluded in early 2020. You will be aware of why this was necessary since it was already explained in the interim report in June 2018 and in the media on several occasions since then.

When the last of the criminal cases concluded one of the accused entered an appeal which further held up agreement of a release date. Similarly the report had to be submitted for legal advice before finalisation. Once all of that happened the COVID lockdown occurred once again affecting the release date for the report. It is only now that the easing of lockdown is progressing that the Scottish FA are in a position to confirm the date for me to submit the report and for it then to be released.

The personal accounts which will be provided within the final report have all been consistently open for comment and amendment by the individual survivors concerned. They too have been extremely helpful in offering their own observations, where they wished, on wider improvements they would want to see implemented within Scottish football to safeguard and protect young people. Indeed all those affected who came forward to contribute to the review and those whose personal accounts are able to be included have engaged positively with the review throughout.

The report will be submitted to the Scottish FA in the first instance since they commissioned the review and they will also agree the planned release of the report and the process for this. As I said earlier I am fully hopeful that all this will happen over the next few weeks. I am keen to see the report submitted so that the important job of improving the protection of young people in football can be continued with urgency since this was ultimately the aim of the review.

Other than the submission and release of the final report the independent review is now concluded as is my active role in leading it.

Best wishes,

Martin Henry

Reply from Martin Henry at SFA on abuse report today.

Dear xxxxxxxx

Thank you for your email concerning the release of the Final Report of the Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football.

I have been waiting for a date to be agreed by the Scottish FA for submission and release of the final report. I have just heard from them that they are close to finalising the date and so I remain hopeful that the report will be published within the next few weeks. I too am very keen for the report to be published as soon as possible.

As you know the report could not be submitted and released until all of the criminal proceedings concerning those individual cases cited in the report were concluded. The last of these was concluded in early 2020. You will be aware of why this was necessary since it was already explained in the interim report in June 2018 and in the media on several occasions since then.

When the last of the criminal cases concluded one of the accused entered an appeal which further held up agreement of a release date. Similarly the report had to be submitted for legal advice before finalisation. Once all of that happened the COVID lockdown occurred once again affecting the release date for the report. It is only now that the easing of lockdown is progressing that the Scottish FA are in a position to confirm the date for me to submit the report and for it then to be released.

The personal accounts which will be provided within the final report have all been consistently open for comment and amendment by the individual survivors concerned. They too have been extremely helpful in offering their own observations, where they wished, on wider improvements they would want to see implemented within Scottish football to safeguard and protect young people. Indeed all those affected who came forward to contribute to the review and those whose personal accounts are able to be included have engaged positively with the review throughout.

The report will be submitted to the Scottish FA in the first instance since they commissioned the review and they will also agree the planned release of the report and the process for this. As I said earlier I am fully hopeful that all this will happen over the next few weeks. I am keen to see the report submitted so that the important job of improving the protection of young people in football can be continued with urgency since this was ultimately the aim of the review.

Other than the submission and release of the final report the independent review is now concluded as is my active role in leading it.

Best wishes,

Martin Henry
I will hazard a guess it will be released on a day that there is a huge story in the media totally unconnected.

Back