Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

From Marks post

Mail-IMG-5570.jpg

It doesn't just look like they have something to hide, they are very busy hiding, burying and covering up on behalf of the Rsoles that knew at the SFA and did nothing.
Why are people who have something to hide like burying the facts that certain members of the SFA knew of what was happening years ago, why is that same organisation allowed to conduct an investigation into CSA ?

Just read stephen mcgowans' page in The Daily Mail there , regarding the sfa csa report .
Tbf / tbh - it's not a bad article ; Doesn't mention c-ltic by name , but alludes to them - IF , like us , you know the facts .
Now ; given his background , allegiances and preferences ... Why .
Could it be that he ( and hopefully more ) , know what is going to be exposed ..?
Whilst he has not ( yet ) jumped ship , could he be abandoning a sinking vessel .... ?
Let's Hope So ; Let's hope that the tide is turning ......
ALL of the Good people on here involved in making this happen - Take a Bow .
Justice is paramount - God Bless You All .

If my opinion is wrong in this instance - I apologise ; But I sense something here ...
Just logged in pal , but glad to see that you have already seen it ; Cheers .

The SFA conducted a thorough investigation and found no wrong doing by anyone...ever.
We pyure back ra sellik to a man
These are scurrilous rumours and should be buried and we aw move oan
HH
THE SFA

communication ends

That's kinda what I'm expecting....I'd imagine shitloads have been edited out and the questions still unanswered like why did celtic re employ a man who was known as a paedophile?

Why did Celtic on two seperate occasions fail to report a child abuser?

Why did Celtic employ a convicted paedophile to work at CBC East?

Does this 1986 "investigation" even exist and is there a minute of any meetings regarding this?

The SFA conducted a thorough investigation and found no wrong doing by anyone...ever.
We pyure back ra sellik to a man
These are scurrilous rumours and should be buried and we aw move oan
HH
THE SFA

communication ends

That's kinda what I'm expecting....I'd imagine shitloads have been edited out and the questions still unanswered like why did celtic re employ a man who was known as a paedophile?

Why did Celtic on two seperate occasions fail to report a child abuser?

Why did Celtic employ a convicted paedophile to work at CBC East?

Does this 1986 "investigation" even exist and is there a minute of any meetings regarding this?
I don’t think any internal investigation took place at all. No survivors interviewed. No families interviewed. The London stock exchange were never informed by the club that they were carrying out an internal investigation. We know that to be fact as it was us that informed them 2 years ago.

I don’t think any internal investigation took place at all. No survivors interviewed. No families interviewed. The London stock exchange were never informed by the club that they were carrying out an internal investigation. We know that to be fact as it was us that informed them 2 years ago.
If there has been any investigation, then surely Police Scotland have to be interested in this as there may be evidence of criminality. The inaction at every level in dealing with this scandal from the sfa, spfl, mainstream media, government and the opposition parties, police etc is staggering and unforgivable.

If there has been any investigation, then surely Police Scotland have to be interested in this as there may be evidence of criminality. The inaction at every level in dealing with this scandal from the sfa, spfl, mainstream media, government and the opposition parties, police etc is staggering and unforgivable.
Police Scotland looking into any criminality involving Strathclyde Police will be like CFC looking into any criminality at CBC, non existent and yes it’s unforgivable.

Police Scotland you say. Don't hold your breath.

Prior to 1997 is now mentioned in every response by them???

With regard to the allegations regarding historic abuse at Celtic Boys Club (which, so far as we have been made aware, relate to prior to 1997), although Celtic FC is a separate organisation
What’s the significance of ‘prior to 1997’?

What’s the significance of ‘prior to 1997’?

It's their way of claiming that there were no allegations brought to their attention before this.

They are trying to say they didn't kick out people out of celtics boys club prior to 1997, so they didn't bring back people back into the Celtic set up in the 1990s who they knew had been previously accused of CSA.

That stance is somewhat undermined in a number of ways e.g. by hugh birt, Gerry Mcsherry and the internal investigation carried in 1986 by celtic fc (seperate entity 1) about celtics boys club (seperate entity 2) which was written about in the celtic view (the official newspapers paper of seperate entity 1).

They will stick grimly to this - and I can see why.

I will leave you to judge the merits of their explanation

Last edited:
I’m sure Celtic fans will ask on the progress of the internal investigation at their next AGM. Or maybe not.

It's their way of claiming that there were no allegations brought to their attention before this.

They are trying to say they didn't kick out people out of celtics boys club prior to 1997, so they didn't bring back people back into the Celtic set up in the 1990s who they knew had been previously accused of CSA.

That stance is somewhat undermined in a number of ways e.g. by hugh birt, Gerry Mcsherry and the internal investigation carried in 1986 by celtic fc (seperate entity 1) about celtics boys club (seperate entity 2) which was written about in the celtic view (the official newspapers paper of seperate entity 1).

They will stick grimly to this - and I can see why.

I will leave you to judge the merits of their explanation

Bear in mind one was forced to resign a mere five years after this supposed "investigation" took place.

First time I've read something that humza said and though, that's decent of you. However scroll down and realise just lip service. I guess it shows how easy it is to distract from past incompetence (not a word that justifies it) that's why this page and spotlight are so important, we can't let this be forgotten.

There was a story in todays Guardian - it seems to have disappeared - about a lad who was convicted after "He had admitted 14 terror offences and two counts of possessing child sex abuse images and was sentenced at the Old Bailey to two years’ detention suspended for two years."

So weak sentences are passed elsewhere in the country.

i think what this shows is it is not what you know but who you know for his father was a clerk in the House of Lords and while his mother is a teacher.

Found it https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ht-extremist-sentenced-for-terrorism-offences

There was a story in todays Guardian - it seems to have disappeared - about a lad who was convicted after "He had admitted 14 terror offences and two counts of possessing child sex abuse images and was sentenced at the Old Bailey to two years’ detention suspended for two years."

i think what this shows is it is not what you know but who you know for his father was a clerk in the House of Lords and while his mother is a teacher.

Found it https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ht-extremist-sentenced-for-terrorism-offences

Really shocking mate.

One of the reasons that club has got away with it for so long is friends in high places.

The scum may be trying to use cover in place against historical damages claims.
However, the interpretation put on the cover from the insurers would have to be very wide to include historical CSA.
Especially when the facts allegedly show that senior executives were aware and did nothing to mitigate the risks. In fact, their actions allegedly exacerbated the risks by re-employing a convicted abuser.

There are two possibilities that could make sense.
1. That the overall value of Ceptic’s insurance business (player coverage, public liability, event staging etc) is so valuable on on ongoing basis it is worth their insurers picking up the tab.
2. They have bought legal costs insurance. The insurers then decide on the tactics adopted. They assess the risks involved and decide what needs to be done. The idea is to minimize the overall bills and they will fight tooth and nail to limit damages as the more money saved, the more they make.
It's also worth remembering Celtic are a newco-its one of the first thing McCann did when he took over

It's also worth remembering Celtic are a newco-its one of the first thing McCann did when he took over
And allowed a certain director to retain his seat.

Now that certain director has selective amnesia and cant remember meeting Jimmy Saville ...cant remember travelling abroad with "seperate entity" .....has no recollection of his directorship at TTC.

This man is a rodent

Now this would take the whole thing in a completely different direction where even politicians would find it hard to bury, it’s an absolute disgrace that it’s taken normal guys and girls to do all this work.
Considering the wages and expenses politician's get paid , it is a disgrace that they have to be pushed by the victims and the team on here to try and get justice while the justice secretary ignores it all and seems to think that anyone who even mentions the atrocities that the victims suffered are racists . What the hell is happening to Scotland ? :mad:

Now that certain director has selective amnesia and cant remember meeting Jimmy Saville ...cant remember travelling abroad with "seperate entity" .....has no recollection of his directorship at TTC.

This man is a rodent
Is this the same director that said the polis told him to stick to his story ? hmmm.

You cannot expect a lad who has such an upstanding bringing up within a society of such high class law abiding parents to be locked away among lower class scum from ordinary backgrounds can you ? He has promised Mummy he is going to behave better in the future and spend his £200 per week pocket money more sensibly . A Law for them and a Law for Joe Public :mad:

Last edited:
Canny remember ! o_O but he'll stick to the story in case he forgets ;) , such a parcel of rogues in a nation right enough .
The Richard Nixon “I don’t recall” strategy, no one can prove that you do remember but you could be caught out if you tell a lie so stick to don’t recall, standard weaselling out tactic for dodgy politicians and catholic priests/bishops.

This man is a rodent
It might wash in the confessional box and where he is right now but it won't save him come the real judgement day,
he'll be smokin'.

Think it's high time this were taken up a notch and soon.
A protest march or the like would be out of the question for obvious reasons but something visible needs done to instigate a reaction. This is a human story after all and from where I'm standing the people who matter most in all of this are being treated with utter contempt. How much longer are these souls expected to suffer without their collective voice being heard. The situation is a source of national disgrace but that clearly doesn't resonant with the people who run this country. The only way to change that is through pressure.

It's clear to me the repetitive stalling we've seen WILL NOT stop. Everyone knows the tactics here. It's disgusting but the victims and their families have surely had enough. Words of condemnation however well intended are reserved only for online forums like this and It's not enough. It never was.

That the deadline of this report has been delayed ONCE AGAIN should act as a catalyst for change this time.

The complicit haven't the slightest intension of bringing this to a conclusion. We know this! Shamefully I believe the only way justice can be achieved now is to force the issue by dragging the guilty kicking and screaming into the open if that's what it takes.

A protest march or the like would be out of the question for obvious reasons but something visible needs done to instigate a reaction. This is a human story after all and from where I'm standing the people who matter most in all of this are being treated with utter contempt. How much longer are these souls expected to suffer without their collective voice being heard. The situation is a source of national disgrace but that clearly doesn't resonant with the people who run this country. The only way to change that is through pressure.

It's clear to me the repetitive stalling we've seen WILL NOT stop. Everyone knows the tactics here. It's disgusting but the victims and their families have surely had enough. Words of condemnation however well intended are reserved only for online forums like this and It's not enough. It never was.

That the deadline of this report has been delayed ONCE AGAIN should act as a catalyst for change this time.

The complicit haven't the slightest intension of bringing this to a conclusion. We know this! Shamefully I believe the only way justice can be achieved now is to force the issue by dragging the guilty kicking and screaming into the open if that's what it takes.
I'm in

I have said this before on here oh and where oh where is this Bloody Documentary we were promised

I really, really hope that one day, one of these sick, twisted bastards grows a spine and a conscience and spills the beans on the rest of the vermin, so that they have nowhere to hide.
I thought originally that it might be McCafferty, but it seems he may have been quietened after his initial admission when he said he had to own up to what he had done (or words to that effect).

I really want to see the ex-board member weasel that others have mentioned in the dock, he better not be allowed to take his secrets to the grave.

Maybe I’m mistaken but is the one currently in the pipeline not the second or even third that has been promised?
I’m not sure what you’re referring to. If you’re referring to the Adrian Goldberg film then he has clearly stated that he can’t release due to the advice of his lawyers, but he also stated that it’s coming.
There is a lot of legalities involved due to current and upcoming court cases. We share posters frustrations.

Back