Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Think it's high time this were taken up a notch and soon.
A protest march or the like would be out of the question for obvious reasons but something visible needs done to instigate a reaction. This is a human story after all and from where I'm standing the people who matter most in all of this are being treated with utter contempt. How much longer are these souls expected to suffer without their collective voice being heard. The situation is a source of national disgrace but that clearly doesn't resonant with the people who run this country. The only way to change that is through pressure.

It's clear to me the repetitive stalling we've seen WILL NOT stop. Everyone knows the tactics here. It's disgusting but the victims and their families have surely had enough. Words of condemnation however well intended are reserved only for online forums like this and It's not enough. It never was.

That the deadline of this report has been delayed ONCE AGAIN should act as a catalyst for change this time.

The complicit haven't the slightest intension of bringing this to a conclusion. We know this! Shamefully I believe the only way justice can be achieved now is to force the issue by dragging the guilty kicking and screaming into the open if that's what it takes.
It would be terrible if the aptly named Fancy Bears or even Anonymous hacked the paedomeisters at celtic and sfa disclosing to the world the coverups, NDAs, legal notes on the separate entity strategy and the contents of the investigation into CSA carried out by their insurers. I would hate it if that happened as it would be against the law, but then again so is child rape and “perverting” the course of justice.

Think it's high time this were taken up a notch and soon.
A protest march or the like would be out of the question for obvious reasons but something visible needs done to instigate a reaction. This is a human story after all and from where I'm standing the people who matter most in all of this are being treated with utter contempt. How much longer are these souls expected to suffer without their collective voice being heard. The situation is a source of national disgrace but that clearly doesn't resonant with the people who run this country. The only way to change that is through pressure.

It's clear to me the repetitive stalling we've seen WILL NOT stop. Everyone knows the tactics here. It's disgusting but the victims and their families have surely had enough. Words of condemnation however well intended are reserved only for online forums like this and It's not enough. It never was.

That the deadline of this report has been delayed ONCE AGAIN should act as a catalyst for change this time.

The complicit haven't the slightest intension of bringing this to a conclusion. We know this! Shamefully I believe the only way justice can be achieved now is to force the issue by dragging the guilty kicking and screaming into the open if that's what it takes.
A noble idea but unfortunately not viable due to present circumstances.

Definately take a rain check on this and I'm in if it happens in the near future when conditions improve

It would be terrible if the aptly named Fancy Bears or even Anonymous hacked the paedomeisters at celtic and sfa disclosing to the world the coverups, NDAs, legal notes on the separate entity strategy and the contents of the investigation into CSA carried out by their insurers. I would hate it if that happened as it would be against the law, but then again so is child rape and “perverting” the course of justice.
Whilst an admirable idea, we need no covert operation uncovering anything as it could lead to issues at court.

I really, really hope that one day, one of these sick, twisted bastards grows a spine and a conscience and spills the beans on the rest of the vermin, so that they have nowhere to hide.
I thought originally that it might be McCafferty, but it seems he may have been quietened after his initial admission when he said he had to own up to what he had done (or words to that effect).

I really want to see the ex-board member weasel that others have mentioned in the dock, he better not be allowed to take his secrets to the grave.
Unfortunately with crimes of this nature these evil monsters generally get to take their secrets to their grave before being fully investigated I believe the reason that this happens is generally to protect high profile people.

I’m not sure what you’re referring to. If you’re referring to the Adrian Goldberg film then he has clearly stated that he can’t release due to the advice of his lawyers, but he also stated that it’s coming.
There is a lot of legalities involved due to current and upcoming court cases. We share posters frustrations.

I was just saying that I thought there were a couple of other documentaries that were said to be in process many months ago, long before Adrian's was announced.

As I say, I may be mistaken. (Also, it was just a query and in no way a dig at anyone.)

I was just saying that I thought there were a couple of other documentaries that were said to be in process many months ago, long before Adrian's was announced.

As I say, I may be mistaken. (Also, it was just a query and in no way a dig at anyone.)
As far as I know there was the main one which was Dan Gordon's which is now we believe a 2 parter now and Adrian's is all but finished but they have got to be legally passed I think that's where we are at. Adrian has also done a blog which you can listen too and a follow up due soon

As far as I know there was the main one which was Dan Gordon's which is now we believe a 2 parter now and Adrian's is all but finished but they have got to be legally passed I think that's where we are at. Adrian has also done a blog which you can listen too and a follow up due soon
It was just the Dan Gordon one before Adrian Goldberg got involved mate.

Thanks for the clarification guys.

Any idea where Dan's will be broadcast?

Whilst an admirable idea, we need no covert operation uncovering anything as it could lead to issues at court.
I totally get what you’re saying LTD and I would never want to jeopardise the excellent work done by all the dedicated people on this forum and beyond but surely the truth being outed by an anonymous third party doesn’t get celtic off the hook in court. Loads more charges and prosecutions led from the Edward Snowden, Cambridge Analytica and the Paradise Papers revelations.
I know it’s all pie in the sky stuff and we will just have to wait for justice but I’m just dreaming out loud, imagine pig eyed pete if the chamber of secrets was opened up like that, sensational.

The SFA has failed to release the findings of a report into sexual abuse because it faces a series of court cases over alleged failures to protect young players from predators, its chief executive has admitted.

The report was due to be released in 2018 but has been held back several times, prompting claims that lawyers acting for the association may be trying to water down or remove the findings.

Ian Maxwell confirmed that several civil claims had given rise to the delay. In a letter seen by The Times he said the prospect of litigation meant the document had been retained so it could be subjected to a “robust legal process”.

Martin Henry, chairman of the Independent Review in Scottish Football, handed over the finalised report to the SFA more than four months ago. He was assured it would be published in September but it is under wraps, with survivors being told it had been delayed because of the pandemic. Mr Maxwell said he was keen to release the document but insisted he was unable to do so for legal reasons. In a letter, he wrote: “There have been a number of civil claims raised against the Scottish FA. “We are required to ensure that the final report goes through a robust legal process via our solicitors.”

Mr Maxwell acknowledged that the delays were causing distress, but added: “There is absolutely no desire to delay publication. We have commissioned a report and to not publish the outcome would render all that work useless.”

Johann Lamont, former Scottish Labour leader and co-convener of Holyrood’s cross-party group of adult survivors of childhood abuse, said the association had serious questions to answer. “It is concerning that the SFA is resisting the publication of the report in an apparent move to cover its own back against potential legal action,” she said.

Patrick McGuire, of Thompsons solicitors, which is representing abuse victims, said: “We call for [the release of] this report fully and unredacted otherwise we will see them in court.” An interim report was published in 2018, but it did not contain survivor testimony.

The Times understands that the final report will recommend the SFA and clubs, including Celtic, Hibernian and Rangers, must acknowledge failing to protect vulnerable young people.

Behind the story
Malcolm Rodger, 50, waived his right to anonymity and gave evidence that he was abused separately by Barry Bennell, 66, a former Manchester City scout, and Jim McCafferty, 74, an ex-coach with Celtic Boys Club. He claims he was introduced to them by Bill Kelly, 84, his coach at the West Lothian club Uphall Saints, jailed in 1987 for abusing boys.

Mr Rodger was told his testimony would not be included in the SFA-commissioned report. It will be used in a separate inquiry by the FA in England.

Mr Kelly was secretary of the West Lothian Association of Youth Football Clubs, corresponding with the SFA. Mr Rodger claims this led to his testimony being excised. “I went through hell exposing the darkest moments of my life, only for it to be removed,” he said. “If lawyers for the SFA remove testimony that reflects badly on them, and could lead to compensation claims, it cannot be an independent report.”

An open, honest, truthful report should be published.

If it is open, honest and truthful it can therefore be used in evidence by both sides in any civil case.

Potential lawsuits shouldn't prevent the report being published right now (unless of course the report isn't open, honest and truthful).

However, my guess is that it is really Celtic that don't want this report to see the light of day and we all know that Scottish football authorities do their bidding.

Apologies if my reply sounded a bit abrupt. I know you’ve followed this for a long time. Believe me we share your frustration.

I found this on a FB page. I have posted it on the other thread but it had a resonance with me re SFA so I am posting it again here. I have cut off the last paragraphs as they were irrelevant.

"Corruption is a horrid word. When corruption flourishes it undermines our trust. Our trust in our neighbours, our government, our freedoms. Our faith in society as a whole.
The best weapon against corruption is openness and transparency. It means shedding light on both the formal rules but also the informal ones. It means shining a torch on the processes, plans, and actions.
Information is the key to safeguarding against corruption but that information must be easily accessible and understandable.
If information is readily available and decisions explained then trust is given to those in whom we should place trust.
However when decisions are made in secret and legislation ignored then faith in government is undermined.
That is the situation just now with The Wells Centre."

Apologies if my reply sounded a bit abrupt. I know you’ve followed this for a long time. Believe me we share your frustration.
I think it must be more frustrating to you good folks IDK and who are seeing the full picture of how this has played out, as I have said previously once it’s over you’re in the best position to bring out comprehensive book on the whole sordid affair with a timeline stretching for decades.
On a side note I love your new avatar, is that the commemoration of Goose Green badge?

I think it must be more frustrating to you good folks IDK and who are seeing the full picture of how this has played out, as I have said previously once it’s over you’re in the best position to bring out comprehensive book on the whole sordid affair with a timeline stretching for decades.
On a side note I love your new avatar, is that the commemoration of Goose Green badge?
One way or another we believe the review will be seen, and all our information that we hold one day will also be seen.
It’s to commemorate the 40th anniversary of Goose Green.

The Scottish government are now slapping themselves on their backs having passed new laws protecting children from physical chastisement,Taking the moral high ground and threatening the full force of the law on people who lift their hands to chastise their kids, While i whole hearted agree with this in principle i find the handling and ignoring the decades of child rape and abuse at the Cesspit completely immoral and hypocritical.

Kelly and McGinn should be called into the civil courts for their involvement at CFC and the SFA

Its obvious the police have no interest in justice as they are colluding with these cuunts to protect them for years

They should have been questioned under caution years ago but again PS or at the time Strathclyde Police have failed to uphold the law

They are slippery bastards with huge amounts of information and evidence

How they have escaped a summons is unreal

The Catholic Church have no doubt got their claws into this as that is their forte in ensuring these paedo harbourers are protected

Kelly and McGinn should be called into the civil courts for their involvement at CFC and the SFA

Its obvious the police have no interest in justice as they are colluding with these cuunts to protect them for years

They should have been questioned under caution years ago but again PS or at the time Strathclyde Police have failed to uphold the law

The Catholic Church have no doubt got their claws into this as that is their forte in ensuring these paedo harbourers are protected

I'v not been through the whole thread.
Is Chris White mentioned anywhere?

I did have a private conversation with one of the guys regarding Mr Kelly.

He knows hes going to hell for what he done and didnt do that ruined so many lives.

The SFA has failed to release the findings of a report into sexual abuse because it faces a series of court cases over alleged failures to protect young players from predators, its chief executive has admitted.

The report was due to be released in 2018 but has been held back several times, prompting claims that lawyers acting for the association may be trying to water down or remove the findings.

Ian Maxwell confirmed that several civil claims had given rise to the delay. In a letter seen by The Times he said the prospect of litigation meant the document had been retained so it could be subjected to a “robust legal process”.

Martin Henry, chairman of the Independent Review in Scottish Football, handed over the finalised report to the SFA more than four months ago. He was assured it would be published in September but it is under wraps, with survivors being told it had been delayed because of the pandemic. Mr Maxwell said he was keen to release the document but insisted he was unable to do so for legal reasons. In a letter, he wrote: “There have been a number of civil claims raised against the Scottish FA. “We are required to ensure that the final report goes through a robust legal process via our solicitors.”

Mr Maxwell acknowledged that the delays were causing distress, but added: “There is absolutely no desire to delay publication. We have commissioned a report and to not publish the outcome would render all that work useless.”

Johann Lamont, former Scottish Labour leader and co-convener of Holyrood’s cross-party group of adult survivors of childhood abuse, said the association had serious questions to answer. “It is concerning that the SFA is resisting the publication of the report in an apparent move to cover its own back against potential legal action,” she said.

Patrick McGuire, of Thompsons solicitors, which is representing abuse victims, said: “We call for [the release of] this report fully and unredacted otherwise we will see them in court.” An interim report was published in 2018, but it did not contain survivor testimony.

The Times understands that the final report will recommend the SFA and clubs, including Celtic, Hibernian and Rangers, must acknowledge failing to protect vulnerable young people.

Behind the story
Malcolm Rodger, 50, waived his right to anonymity and gave evidence that he was abused separately by Barry Bennell, 66, a former Manchester City scout, and Jim McCafferty, 74, an ex-coach with Celtic Boys Club. He claims he was introduced to them by Bill Kelly, 84, his coach at the West Lothian club Uphall Saints, jailed in 1987 for abusing boys.

Mr Rodger was told his testimony would not be included in the SFA-commissioned report. It will be used in a separate inquiry by the FA in England.

Mr Kelly was secretary of the West Lothian Association of Youth Football Clubs, corresponding with the SFA. Mr Rodger claims this led to his testimony being excised. “I went through hell exposing the darkest moments of my life, only for it to be removed,” he said. “If lawyers for the SFA remove testimony that reflects badly on them, and could lead to compensation claims, it cannot be an independent report.”
Not surprising again that's them attempting to cover up the cover up. Surely with all the court cases and all the evidence they know that the truth of this scandal is coming out.

Who did Hugh Birt take his concerns to?

Who tipped off that pair HB was onto them?

Who led the ostracization of HB from the directors box of the glitterdome?

Who fired HB in front of the very men he was accusing?

Was Kelly covering his own arse?
I would honestly give anything to see that man crumble in court. Guilty as sin as far as I'm concerned BB.

Child protection groups, medical experts and politicians have united to demand that the Scottish Football Association publish an investigation into paedophilia in football, claiming that continued delays are harming survivors’ mental and physical health.

The report of the Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football was due to be released in 2018 but has been held back on several occasions. Martin Henry, chairman of the review, handed over the finalised report to the SFA, which commissioned it, four months ago. He was assured that it would be made public in September but it remains under wraps.

Yesterday The Times disclosed that the SFA was facing a series of court cases over alleged historical failures to protect young players from abusers. That meant the document had been retained so that it could be subjected to a “robust legal process” by lawyers acting for the SFA.

In response, members of Holyrood’s cross-party group on adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse issued a joint statement. It said: “The group consists of MSPs, survivors, survivor agencies, children’s charities, psychologists, physicians, social workers and academics.

“The group have deep concerns at the delays on the publication of the final report by the SFA and the effects this is having on those survivors who participated in the review as well as those who chose not to. The delays and date changes are having a serious effect on their mental and physical health.”

It said the group had unanimously granted permission for its convener, Johann Lamont, the former Scottish Labour leader, and Fulton MacGregor, an SNP MSP, to write to the SFA and Humza Yousaf, the justice minister, “outlining their concerns and requesting answers to this serious lack of transparency and duty of care to survivors abused in Scottish football”.

Margaret Mitchell, community safety spokeswoman for the Scottish Conservatives, who sits on the group, added: “The SFA have a duty to be fully transparent in relation to this report and must now publish it or explain why it continues to be delayed.”

Emma Bryson, co-founder of the campaign group Speak Out Survivors, said that a huge injustice was being done to those who had taken the painful decision to come forward.

“The SFA have consistently placed their own interests above those of the survivors, and by doing so, they’ve significantly added to the distress of all concerned,” she said. “We strongly urge the SFA to recognise that the survivors have suffered enough and to publish the report without any further delay.”

Ian Maxwell, chief executive of the SFA, said that he was keen to release the document but was unable to do so for legal reasons. In a letter, he said: “We are required to ensure that the final report goes through a robust legal process via our solicitors.”

An SFA source said: “We are working on the final details. There are no substantial blockages.”

Child protection groups, medical experts and politicians have united to demand that the Scottish Football Association publish an investigation into paedophilia in football, claiming that continued delays are harming survivors’ mental and physical health.

The report of the Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football was due to be released in 2018 but has been held back on several occasions. Martin Henry, chairman of the review, handed over the finalised report to the SFA, which commissioned it, four months ago. He was assured that it would be made public in September but it remains under wraps.

Yesterday The Times disclosed that the SFA was facing a series of court cases over alleged historical failures to protect young players from abusers. That meant the document had been retained so that it could be subjected to a “robust legal process” by lawyers acting for the SFA.

In response, members of Holyrood’s cross-party group on adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse issued a joint statement. It said: “The group consists of MSPs, survivors, survivor agencies, children’s charities, psychologists, physicians, social workers and academics.

“The group have deep concerns at the delays on the publication of the final report by the SFA and the effects this is having on those survivors who participated in the review as well as those who chose not to. The delays and date changes are having a serious effect on their mental and physical health.”

It said the group had unanimously granted permission for its convener, Johann Lamont, the former Scottish Labour leader, and Fulton MacGregor, an SNP MSP, to write to the SFA and Humza Yousaf, the justice minister, “outlining their concerns and requesting answers to this serious lack of transparency and duty of care to survivors abused in Scottish football”.

Margaret Mitchell, community safety spokeswoman for the Scottish Conservatives, who sits on the group, added: “The SFA have a duty to be fully transparent in relation to this report and must now publish it or explain why it continues to be delayed.”

Emma Bryson, co-founder of the campaign group Speak Out Survivors, said that a huge injustice was being done to those who had taken the painful decision to come forward.

“The SFA have consistently placed their own interests above those of the survivors, and by doing so, they’ve significantly added to the distress of all concerned,” she said. “We strongly urge the SFA to recognise that the survivors have suffered enough and to publish the report without any further delay.”

Ian Maxwell, chief executive of the SFA, said that he was keen to release the document but was unable to do so for legal reasons. In a letter, he said: “We are required to ensure that the final report goes through a robust legal process via our solicitors.”

An SFA source said: “We are working on the final details. There are no substantial blockages.”

final edits so as not to harm their sister club.

Back