Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

According to this account he was sacked in 1974 and returned 4 years later.....

Yes but we don't know if Stein was out the door when Torbett returned in 1978, or if Torbett returned before Stein left. Stein may well have been involved in discussions about Torbett coming back. Even if Stein had left the building first, there's absolutely no way he didn't know about Torbett's return and the implications of allowing that beast back.

Yes but we don't know if Stein was out the door when Torbett returned in 1978, or if Torbett returned before Stein left. Stein may well have been involved in discussions about Torbett coming back. Even if Stein had left the building first, there's absolutely no way he didn't know about Torbett's return and the implications of allowing that beast back.

If the 1974 account of Torbett being physically thrown out by Stein is factual I'd imagine after 4 years Stein was unlikely to have forgot or forgave JT and if the above is a factual account of events then I cannot see Stein tolerating his presence.

Not sure if you're hinting at my earlier post but I was in no way suggesting that Stein was moral, or that him leaving the club because of Torbett was some sort of moral act. Quite the contrary.

Stein kicked Torbett out then a few years later around the same period we had Stein's departure and Torbett's return. Let's give Stein's intelligence the benefit of the doubt - he knew what the return of Torbett would mean for more young boys at that club. For Stein to walk away quietly, it does not tie-in with the type of no-bull, straight-talking character we are told time and again that Stein was.

Was it in fact that Stein was really a coward? Was his silence bought? Was it something else? Whatever the reason, I cannot think of any that could put a positive spin on Stein. As I said, quite the contrary.

But something doesn't add up about that period.
Maybe they had some evidence of wrong doing ,and asked him to go quietly.

Exactly! Which is why I keep making the point that it doesn’t add up.

I'd Imagine whoever sanctioned Torbetts return done this prior to Stein leaving and Torbett returned after he left.

This is two CFC board members and any deal may have been done behind Steins back(stabbing managers in the back was the norm at CFC back then)

I'm no way defending Stein but this is the way it may have gone down.

If the 1974 account of Torbett being physically thrown out by Stein is factual I'd imagine after 4 years Stein was unlikely to have forgot or forgave JT and if the above is a factual account of events then I cannot see Stein tolerating his presence.
Its fair to assume that perhaps Stein was kept in the dark by the club, but what if he did recieve the letter notifying him of Torbet in the late 60s? In that event he wouldve known or suspected Torbet much earlier and seeing how it was hushed perhaps thought are there others? Why there hasnt been a full investigation into this is just shocking.

I'd Imagine whoever sanctioned Torbetts return done this prior to Stein leaving and Torbett returned after he left.

This is two CFC board members and any deal may have been done behind Steins back(stabbing managers in the back was the norm at CFC back then)

I'm no way defending Stein but this is the way it may have gone down.

Whether the sanctioning was done with or without his knowledge or before or after he left is fairly immaterial. One way or another, he knew the beast was back. Plus (as confirmed by BN's earlier post), he and Torbett were both made Honorary VPs of CBC that very same year. Which is rather damning information. There is absolutely no chance that the history between Stein and Torbett is as black and white as has always been reported.

Last edited:
So Stein just physically papped Torbett oot the door and never told anyone at CFC ?

Is that really what he is said .....

Laughable
Hey Jock, have you seen Jim Torbett around?
Eh naw, why has he gone missing.
We think so, no one has seen him for weeks, we could call him on the blower or go round his house to find out why, but fck it, who cares.

The above happens all the time in businesses all over the world, it is how humanity rolls mate.
There is nothing to see here, stop looking.
I mean if there was, someone in the press would ask the obvious questions, er wouldn't they?

The majority of celtic supporters are indoctrinated into a global sect that has raped and sodomised small children for centuries so is it really any wonder they turn a blind eye and don’t really see it as a major deal to it happening on club premises?
The infuriating thing is it’s only discussed openly on forums like this hopefully that changes soon. I would say anyone who supports this club after the dam breaks on this story is PRO Paedophilia and should be treated as such.

That 'Mr Kelly' needs hauling up...

gn27.png

Billy McNeill suspiciously doesn't come out of that too well either it appears.

Was it not McNeil who said in court that it was an open secret about Torbett in his first trial!

TBH it would have been nigh on impossible for anyone operating within that club in any capacity not to have known.
If we all knew then surely they did too.

Mate I'm old.

I played youth football all through the seventies and just about everyone in Glasgow knew that Torbet was a buftie that liked young boys. It was a paradise for these people. Lots of teenage boys prancing about bollock naked and they didn't even have to get a disclosure.

And like the SNP even when found out will not do the decent thing patterns of behaviour no doubt in near future he will be holed up in Vatican. I am sure it is not big enough to hold them all but this why there are delays connections from "Paradise" to the Vatican right enough

Wonder how the Scottish division of the Cult will be linked to the Paedo ring cover up at Parkpaed

The Cult have no problem putting the Cult first before the abused kids

They will definitely protect the Cult and any priests who are linked to the Parkpaed ring and if the truth outs links to the vile Cult I’m convince it will prove they are up to their necks in this abuse

The organisation should shut down and the leaders arrested for their part in covering up child abuse and protecting the abusers

The sick saga continues, the denials the deceitful football authorities and the unscrupulous various administrations of Celtic FC. For decades the recurring abuse of minors habitually subjected to unwanted sexual activity.
What we are witnessing is a well orchestrated campaign to whitewash the behaviour of multiple parties at this institution. The similarities of depraved behaviour within the Catholic church and Celtic are evident. Both have put its reputation before the welfare of the many victims. Surely justice must prevail at some point ?

The sick saga continues, the denials the deceitful football authorities and the unscrupulous various administrations of Celtic FC. For decades the recurring abuse of minors habitually subjected to unwanted sexual activity.
What we are witnessing is a well orchestrated campaign to whitewash the behaviour of multiple parties at this institution. The similarities of depraved behaviour within the Catholic church and Celtic are evident. Both have put its reputation before the welfare of the many victims. Surely justice must prevail at some point ?

I'm sure a few of their ex players have mentioned the heavy stench of papery in and around nonceco.

Some have been asking recently about the documentary maker Dan Gordon. Below was the last correspondence we received roughly 3 months ago.

Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately, I’m not at liberty to talk publicly about any of my current projects and the pandemic has definitely had an impact on schedules. Once we have a clearer picture, announcements will follow.

Sorry I can’t be more precise, especially on such a sensitive subject matter.

With best regards,

Wonder how the Scottish division of the Cult will be linked to the Paedo ring cover up at Parkpaed

The Cult have no problem putting the Cult first before the abused kids

They will definitely protect the Cult and any priests who are linked to the Parkpaed ring and if the truth outs links to the vile Cult I’m convince it will prove they are up to their necks in this abuse

The organisation should shut down and the leaders arrested for their part in covering up child abuse and protecting the abusers
If it was McDonald's, Starbucks, Apple or Microsoft they would all be arrested , the companies dismantled and sold off.
Personally, I think all religion is ridiculous. It does seem though that the 2 biggest cults are the worst of the lot, in quite different ways

Tick tock timmy, your club is about to be be exposed to the world as the putrid pile of filth you (in your heart of hearts) know it is.
There is a Lady..Charlotte Morley, she is an Advocate who is or was involved re the " abuse of children ".
She is standing as a Candidate for the AllianceforUnity Party come next year's election
Maybe a good help to the Spotlight Team???
She has already kicked into mr useless whatshisface re the exclusion of religious and sporting bodies in his parliamentary bill.

With respect

TOG

There is a Lady..Charlotte Morley, she is an Advocate who is or was involved re the " abuse of children ".
She is standing as a Candidate for the AllianceforUnity Party come next year's election
Maybe a good help to the Spotlight Team???
She has already kicked into mr useless whatshisface re the exclusion of religious and sporting bodies in his parliamentary bill.

With respect

TOG
I noticed your thread this morning before it was chopped and I did reply. We have no communication with said political party and never have done.
I believe they are in dialogue with certain survivors and family members.
Spotlight and our associates have the correct people in place to speak with the devolved Scottish government and other political parties. We also have a Twitter and Facebook account where people can contact us if they wish to do so.

Remember the Gordon Woods post from 1968 BB.

I’m not sure Stein was as moral as some are suggesting.
100%. How could a man who failed to inform the police of child abuse he was aware of be described as "moral"? Is awarding the child abuser with an award years after you failed to report him to the authorities the behaviour of a "moral" man?

The statue of this enabler should be removed and melted down, indeed that whole crime scene at the piggery should be demolished.

100%. How could a man who failed to inform the police of child abuse he was aware of be described as "moral"? Is awarding the child abuser with an award years after you failed to report him to the authorities the behaviour of a "moral" man?

The statue of this enabler should be removed and melted down, indeed that whole crime scene at the piggery should be demolished.

100% Broomloan.

Back