Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Its always been about accountability! Celtic FC were responsible for young players abused and mistreated whilst in their care.
The perpetrators and the club have been protected, while the victims have been ignored . Hopefully the law will serve justice too the abused and this disgusting institution will be exposed for its criminality.

Its always been about accountability! Celtic FC were responsible for young players abused and mistreated whilst in their care.
The perpetrators and the club have been protected, while the victims have been ignored . Hopefully the law will serve justice too the abused and this disgusting institution will be exposed for its criminality.
The friends in high places have definitely played a part in protecting that club over the years. There is no doubting that.

The paedo club have stated that their insurers were carrying out an investigation. A two-year investigation (at that time, longer now) they’d have us believe.

The only reason an insurer would carry out an investigation, IF that did even happen, would be to asses their potential liabilities. They are not concerned with anything else at the club, why would they be?

Yet another deflection tactic from that rancid organisation.
Being insured for what they have done is mental. Do the right thing, ya rhat bastards. This is what makes them so bloody detestable

It was more important to protect “the good name of the club”
This is the most disgraceful attitude that is hard too comprehend?
The individuals and organisations that chose to ignore and deny any wrongdoing is unforgivable. When the full extent and magnitude of those affected is fully exposed the sporting world will be rightly shocked.
Dereliction of duty on many accounts!

That article states he played for the Boys club U18 team, and also stated he had played for the senior team in 1st team friendlies, reserve league, Glasgow Cup etc.

Is it possible he was playing for both the Boys Club team and involved with the Senior team at the same time? If so, how would that work with player registrations, as surely you could not represent 2 separate entities at the same time?

The paedo club have stated that their insurers were carrying out an investigation. A two-year investigation (at that time, longer now) they’d have us believe.

The only reason an insurer would carry out an investigation, IF that did even happen, would be to asses their potential liabilities. They are not concerned with anything else at the club, why would they be?

Yet another deflection tactic from that rancid organisation.
100% correct Taff.

Any updates on when Goldberg's documentary is coming out... Also is the dan Gordon one still getting made...? This kind of exposure Will really bring it to the masses on what that rancid club have been doing and hiding for the last 50 year's.... Keep up the excellent work guys..
Don't think anyone knows for sure mate. Ongoing court cases and covid being a factor.

Any updates on when Goldberg's documentary is coming out... Also is the dan Gordon one still getting made...? This kind of exposure Will really bring it to the masses on what that rancid club have been doing and hiding for the last 50 year's.... Keep up the excellent work guys..
The Adrian Goldberg film will obviously be on hold due to the court case that’s just been announced. The press won’t want to jeopardise that case.
As far as we’re aware the Dan Gordon documentary is still in the making. We made contact last year and more recently. We will show any updates that we can.

The Adrian Goldberg film will obviously be on hold due to the court case that’s just been announced. The press won’t want to jeopardise that case.
As far as we’re aware the Dan Gordon documentary is still in the making. We made contact last year and more recently. We will show any updates that we can.
Cheers for the update...

I'm not for a minute questioning or in any way criticising those involved in documentary making
Neither will I attempt to minimise legal matters when court cases are in process

However- considering the time periods involved here & the scale of the problems encountered in the past - isn't it possible to build a documentary based on events up to a certain date in the past - that is not affected by the more recent events & legally current issues ?

Of course I wouldn't want to jeopardize, unduly influence, or interfere with any genuine aspect of this tragic subject -
but it does seem to me that it would be possible to produce a documentary without taking these risks

I'm not knowledgeable on legal details - so maybe I'm on the wrong wavelength -
& I'm sure those involved know what they're doing

It's just that I've recently watched a couple of documentaries exposing religious cults in the US where they've shown statements along the lines of 'these are accounts of events up to ......'X' ... dates & at least .........'X' (amount) of on-going legal & court proceedings are still underway........'

Please excuse my impatience - but I feel that the longer this is not properly reported on - the more comfortable the perpetrators & the cover up culprits are

I've talked about this subject to people & have often had a reaction of disbelief
That can be based on their idea that if this was accurate - then there would be much more media coverage than there actually is - & part of me fully understands this

Given the sheer number of incidents involved - is it feasible there'll be court cases stretching for years to come ?
Because if so - realistically speaking - there might never be an ideal time to have a documentary shown

Anyone else think it might be time to bite the bullet on this & run with what there is up to a certain cut-off date ?

I'm not for a minute questioning or in any way criticising those involved in documentary making
Neither will I attempt to minimise legal matters when court cases are in process

However- considering the time periods involved here & the scale of the problems encountered in the past - isn't it possible to build a documentary based on events up to a certain date in the past - that is not affected by the more recent events & legally current issues ?

Of course I wouldn't want to jeopardize, unduly influence, or interfere with any genuine aspect of this tragic subject -
but it does seem to me that it would be possible to produce a documentary without taking these risks

It's just that I've recently watched a couple of documentaries exposing religious cults in the US where they've shown statements along the lines of 'these are accounts of events up to ......'X' ... dates & at least .........'X' (amount) of on-going legal & court proceedings are still underway........'

Please excuse my impatience - but I feel that the longer this is not properly reported on - the more comfortable the perpetrators & the cover up culprits are

I've talked about this subject to people & have often had a reaction of disbelief
That can be based on their idea that if this was accurate - then there would be much more media coverage than there actually is - & part of me fully understands this

Given the sheer number of incidents involved - is it feasible there'll be court cases stretching for years to come ?
Because if so - realistically speaking - there might never be an ideal time to have a documentary shown

Anyone else think it might be time to bite the bullet on this & run with what there is up to a certain cut-off date ?
I fully understand what you’re saying and believe me we share the frustration. One major factor reference the documentary makers is Covid. This was what we were told last year.
This along with upcoming new charges on individuals probably means the press will be restricted on what they can print. We know of a couple of cases at the minute where the press are restricted on what they can report, but it will all come out.
Another issue is Kearny NJ. Our last correspondence we were told the case was still ongoing. This was from the chief of police in Hudson county.
I think you could be right that these court cases could go on for years to come. This shows the actual scale of this.
So for us, we have to keep going. We have to show the world what went on at that club. I will say this though.. We have some very interesting people following the Spotlight group on social media. Journalists not only on these shores but around the world.
There’s nothing more we’d like than to show what we know but the survivors have to be shown respect and Spotlight will not jeopardise that in any way. We believe this has a long way to go.

Anyone else think it might be time to bite the bullet on this & run with what there is up to a certain cut-off
So am I. Be patient.

There will be no shock horror here....
People have been aware what's been going on at CFC/CBC for years and how they actively turned a blind eye or attempted to cover up a paedophile ring

Have you got a link to that mate?

The link is as posted in Twitter - Secret Barrister twitter account @BarristerSecret
the part of interest went as follows

Wondering how many magistrates court cases you could get properly represented for the cost of one politically expedient public enquiry.

The opposite of what is happening in Scotland. The victims of the largest, in terms of numbers, convictions and time, child sex abuse scandal can not get any official recognition

There will be no shock horror here....
People have been aware what's been going on at CFC/CBC for years and how they actively turned a blind eye or attempted to cover up a paedophile ring

I know what you mean & fully agree many people ( not those on this thread, the perpetrators, or those involved in the cover-up - but the general public ) are aware of this & choose to ignore it

I live in England & most people I know here - are either totally unaware or don't believe it's anything like as serious or that it was quite as organised & generic as it actually was ( before I've talked to them - that is)

I don't see the documentaries (when they are eventually released) having a 'shock horror' effect on those that already know or even suspect what's happened

But I can imagine an enormous reaction - in England for example - if the truth was properly & accurately exposed & fully reported in the media

I fully understand that the victims, their families & close friends are the only ones that matter in all of this

Consequently if a premature documentary harms or weakens their case then it should be a non-starter

But right now - in simplistic terms - relatively few people know anything about this

I know what you mean & fully agree many people ( not those on this thread, the perpetrators, or those involved in the cover-up - but the general public ) are aware of this & choose to ignore it

I live in England & most people I know here - are either totally unaware or don't believe it's anything like as serious or that it was quite as organised & generic as it actually was ( before I've talked to them - that is)

I don't see the documentaries (when they are eventually released) having a 'shock horror' effect on those that already know or even suspect what's happened

But I can imagine an enormous reaction - in England for example - if the truth was properly & accurately exposed & fully reported in the media

I fully understand that the victims, their families & close friends are the only ones that matter in all of this

Consequently if a premature documentary harms or weakens their case then it should be a non-starter

But right now - in simplistic terms - relatively few people know anything about this
I think once the English FA publish their long awaited report, then you will see it on the UK nationwide news, and there is always the chance the SFA publish theirs around the same time. This would possibly lessen the impact for both the SFA and Celtic, in showing it as a UK wide issue, as opposed to mainly one club as far as Scotland is concerned. Conversely, it could also draw UK nationwide attention to the SFA and Celtic, if the media start to report it in more detail across the UK as a result of the English FA report.

At some point you would then expect either ITV, BBC or C4 to produce some documentary content, and given the constant demand from providers for new digital content, then you would hope something would eventually appear on Netflix or similar.

If something ends up on Netflix, especially worldwide, then everybody will know. The victims stories need to be heard to ensure this never happens again, with regards to the actions themselves, the cover-ups, and the eventual denials of responsibility.

Agree 100% , England - and globally ; Look at the outcry / uproar in England with the gymnastic abuse - and that wasn't sexual . Not in any way belittling the gymnastic abuse , but that was a splash in the ocean compared to this .
The world Needs to know about these bastards ; Each and every one at c-ltic AND every politician , judge , police , media outlet and whoever else the cap fits .
SCUM - every last one of them .

You guys have found so many holes in the separate entity argument that I have my doubts Celtic will even try to argue itin actual. I think it was a rear guard action to buy time. I think Celtic knows they are cooked here but are trying to drag it out to get victims to settle.
When the civil actions get to trial I think they are going to make technical arguments trying to minimize the damages they have to pay.

Excellent idea. It gets the message over in a clear and concise way.
Aye, it wouldn't cost much to get them printed up.

I'm not computer savvy so not sure how to set up crowd funding or whatever it would take.

Would be willing to contribute to the expenses rite enuf.

If a load of us stuck in a tenner each that should cover it.

Aye, it wouldn't cost much to get them printed up.

I'm not computer savvy so not sure how to set up crowd funding or whatever it would take.

Would be willing to contribute to the expenses rite enuf.

If a load of us stuck in a tenner each that should cover it.
Are you serious? And what would it achieve exactly? Sorry but it’s not the way to go.

Who in their right mind is gonna walk about the streets with that sticker on? Or stick in on their car window? All you would get are arguments, or your car window put in.

Social media can reach thousands of people, all across the world in seconds, for free.

Are you serious? And what would it achieve exactly? Sorry but it’s not the way to go.

Who in their right mind is gonna walk about the streets with that sticker on? Or stick in on their car window? All you would get are arguments, or your car window put in.

Social media can reach thousands of people, all across the world in seconds, for free.
Yes, I am serious. I never said anything about walking about with it on or putting it on our cars. Do you seriously think that's what I was talking about?

There are football related stickers all over Glasgow.

You've created a wee scenario in your head without really thinking about it.

Your social media point is valid but you only see what is relevant to the sites you visit. Our target audience is Scotland.

Yes, I am serious. I never said anything about walking about with it on or putting it on our cars. Do you seriously think that's what I was talking about?

There are football related stickers all over Glasgow.

You've created a wee scenario in your head without really thinking about it.

Your social media point is valid but you only see what is relevant to the sites you visit. Our target audience is Scotland.
If you mean flyposting then again I would suggest that is the wrong thing to do. It’s tacky and belittles the seriousness of the subject. It could lead to unbalanced and ill informed tit for tat, and would do little in the way of actually having any positive effect for either the victims or their cause. I think everyone appreciates ideas and willingness to do something to raise awareness, but please not this.

If you mean flyposting then again I would suggest that is the wrong thing to do. It’s tacky and belittles the seriousness of the subject. It could lead to unbalanced and ill informed tit for tat, and would do little in the way of actually having any positive effect for either the victims or their cause. I think everyone appreciates ideas and willingness to do something to raise awareness, but please not this.
Well it wouldn't be as big as a poster but in general that's what I am suggesting.
Anything we do could lead to tit for tat. I don't see your argument there.

Aye, you are mibees correct. Lets do as little as possible in case someone gets offended at stickers being put on a bin.

Have you got any suggestions?

Well it wouldn't be as big as a poster but in general that's what I am suggesting.
Anything we do could lead to tit for tat. I don't see your argument there.

Aye, you are mibees correct. Lets do as little as possible in case someone gets offended at stickers being put on a bin.

Have you got any suggestions?
Firstly, I agree that any campaigns should be run by those like BN94 who have been at the forefront of this for a long time. Those involved are not doing as “little as possible”, and neither are we by having this discussion.

Secondly, stickers on a bin are tacky, especially given the subject matter. Leave that sort of stuff to the SNP fanboys and the Green Brigade, that is about their level. I also do not think it would be appropriate for young children to be seeing and reading that sort of thing on a bin or wall. At the very least, I would change the wording or make it a bit more subtle.

There are plenty of more effective ways of bringing it to people attention, posting in this forum is one for starters. Spread the word on Twitter and other forums, write to your local MP, vote against the SNP in elections, look for old articles online that might in some way assist, etc. As frustrating as it is due to the length of time it is taking, you only have to look through this thread to see it is working, step by step.

One tweet from the spotlight team would be more effective than a thousand stickers on bins.

We might have to agree to disagree on stickers, which is fine, so probably best to leave it there. I have no intention of falling out with a fellow bear, especially when we are all after the same result.

Firstly, I agree that any campaigns should be run by those like BN94 who have been at the forefront of this for a long time. Those involved are not doing as “little as possible”, and neither are we by having this discussion.

Secondly, stickers on a bin are tacky, especially given the subject matter. Leave that sort of stuff to the SNP fanboys and the Green Brigade, that is about their level. I also do not think it would be appropriate for young children to be seeing and reading that sort of thing on a bin or wall. At the very least, I would change the wording or make it a bit more subtle.

There are plenty of more effective ways of bringing it to people attention, posting in this forum is one for starters. Spread the word on Twitter and other forums, write to your local MP, vote against the SNP in elections, look for old articles online that might in some way assist, etc. As frustrating as it is due to the length of time it is taking, you only have to look through this thread to see it is working, step by step.

One tweet from the spotlight team would be more effective than a thousand stickers on bins.

We might have to agree to disagree on stickers, which is fine, so probably best to leave it there. I have no intention of falling out with a fellow bear, especially when we are all after the same result.
We are doing all those things and looking for more avenues to highlight our cause.

I really don't care if stickers on a bin are a bit tacky. If it gets the message across I am quite happy to go with it.

As you say we can agree to disagree.

I don't have any intention falling out with yourself or any other bear over this matter. The more of us fighting this corner the better.

I think it's a good idea and you don't. We are all entitled to our opinion on the matter.

I think the idea is pretty good. I do understand the reservations that some have but that doesn't make it a bad idea. It makes it an option that has to be considered carefully. Strategic placing of stickers could be a good way of getting the story out there to a wider audience.

A sticker is one thing and would get it out to a lot of people but would it reach the people who can make a difference?

i would suggest that a coordinated email campaign to every MP, MSP, MLA ( I forget the Welsh acrony) on just one day might be more effective Especially when coupled with a cc shown on every one to newsdesks and programmes

It would require a bit of planning but all done at one time would mean that no representative could deny knowledge. That no MP or producer could ignore in case they were seen to be on the wrong side of the fence and/ or allow their production to be playing catch up with the rest of the media

A sticker is one thing and would get it out to a lot of people but would it reach the people who can make a difference?

i would suggest that a coordinated email campaign to every MP, MSP, MLA ( I forget the Welsh acrony) on just one day might be more effective Especially when coupled with a cc shown on every one to newsdesks and programmes

It would require a bit of planning but all done at one time would mean that no representative could deny knowledge. That no MP or producer could ignore in case they were seen to be on the wrong side of the fence and/ or allow their production to be playing catch up with the rest of the media
That seems to me like another very good idea.

Think it works out at approx £10k for a full page advert in a national newspaper.
The spotlight annual report would make an excellent,hard hitting expose on the issue for all to see,but would need to be 100% factual,with no loopholes for them to contest.
The Guardian would imo be a good newspaper to use.
They have NO ' love ' for the rc cult I'm led to believe.

I have been asking the same thing for months we were told in 2019 it would be out Early in the New Year that was last year

Back