Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

One of the priests abused by Cardinal O’Brien says the Catholic Church are the masters of cover-ups.

What is chilling is the reply by the Catholic Church which implies that abuse will never go away because it involves human beings.

“As the author correctly points out, organisations such as the church are run by humans and humans are flawed, which means that every human failing is present within the church."

BN94, I’m late to this and have nothing of value to add other than to wish you and all at Spotlight well, and to say take solace from all the silent fans who learn of this but haven’t posted, we are with you and ignore the few haters, in every family there’s the odd black sheep.

I wonder how their fans will react when they find out season ticket money is covering compensation for the action of their bheasts

The money is immaterial to them.

Tbh my guess is the good name and reputation is all they care about ...and that means burying this once and for all out of court...in private...the celtic way.

Spotlight has blown the "seperate entity" lie out of the water and they have not a proverbial pot to piss in regarding any other fantasy stories they could come up with.

BN94, I’m late to this and have nothing of value to add other than to wish you and all at Spotlight well, and to say take solace from all the silent fans who learn of this but haven’t posted, we are with you and ignore the few haters, in every family there’s the odd black sheep.
Thank you. We’re nowhere near finished. We will release more when the time is right.

The money is immaterial to them.

Tbh my guess is the good name and reputation is all they care about ...and that means burying this once and for all out of court...in private...the celtic way.

Spotlight has blown the "seperate entity" lie out of the water and they have not a proverbial pot to piss in regarding any other fantasy stories they could come up with.
Don't think thats gonna happen Pal, the nightmare part is still to come for that rancid club the Separate Entity Bullshit they came out with is gonna haunt them

Imagine writing that on the internet. Disgusting to think it. But then to publicly post it to one of the biggest social media websites. Horrendous
They have no shame my friend. I think that’s plainly obvious on not only this issue. They will fight to the end to defend their club. Spotlight will continue to show facts. We will take on any Scottish MSP that defends that club. We know more than what they do. One day they may come for us. We’re prepared.

It took me a long time to come on to FF regarding this issue. Even certain bears on this forum don’t want to talk about it and I get that.
2 members, who I’ll never name, but they know who they are accused me of doing it to get likes. Ffs, what’s that all about? Another respected member got tore into me publicly on the forum for posting something from the SNP’s national newspaper for not copy and pasting. Get a grip is what I’d like to say, but I’d like to meet him personally to show how this issue has affected families that are Rangers through and through but they were scouted by that club to be abused by their employees.
The simple fact is that if it doesn’t affect them then they don’t care. There’s one certain member on here that I would love to meet. A member that thinks he’s the biggest Rangers supporter above anyone else. Members of Spotlight chat with him now and again, but for some reason the boy doesn’t like me. Childish behaviour. I’ve been all over Europe and further with my club for many years.
Like yourself mate, many have followed this thread from before I came along. When I started Spotlight I asked @Haining84 if he minded if I could get involved in this thread. He gave me the obvious answer. I asked him out of respect as he was the man that brought it to the forefront on this forum.
@Rubyhardie, please be proud of what you done. It takes guts mate. It means you have to stick your head above the parapet and take it on.
I’ve had death threats from all over social media. I’m still alive.
When we were young we went to football training. Myself included were scouted by clubs. That club had a ring operating that promised kids everything. These beasts fooled families and brainwashed children that if they said anything they wouldn’t be believed. To the extent of buying children gifts on trips abroad making them believe they would fail at that club if they didn’t do what the beasts wanted.
They made them feel that if they reported it to their parents then they wouldn’t be believed. A very well organised ring.
As these children grew into adults it affected them. Some took their own lives. Some turned to drink and drugs to deal with everyday life.
And the club deny and refuse to comment. False internal investigations to coverup the good name of the club. Statues erected of people who knew.
We want the world to know what that club done to children over many years. Decades in fact. Just think about that.
I’ll take the filth on. They’ve come for me on more than one occasion. I won’t surrender along with every member of Spotlight no matter what it takes.
I appreciate what you and the spotlight team are doing. I myself am of the older generation, but remember the rumours from the early 70’s and I like many on here wish I had the skills to help but always remember you and the victims/survivors have many supporters and many that would stand morally and physically with you if the need arises.

It took me a long time to come on to FF regarding this issue. Even certain bears on this forum don’t want to talk about it and I get that.
2 members, who I’ll never name, but they know who they are accused me of doing it to get likes. Ffs, what’s that all about? Another respected member got tore into me publicly on the forum for posting something from the SNP’s national newspaper for not copy and pasting. Get a grip is what I’d like to say, but I’d like to meet him personally to show how this issue has affected families that are Rangers through and through but they were scouted by that club to be abused by their employees.
The simple fact is that if it doesn’t affect them then they don’t care. There’s one certain member on here that I would love to meet. A member that thinks he’s the biggest Rangers supporter above anyone else. Members of Spotlight chat with him now and again, but for some reason the boy doesn’t like me. Childish behaviour. I’ve been all over Europe and further with my club for many years.
Like yourself mate, many have followed this thread from before I came along. When I started Spotlight I asked @Haining84 if he minded if I could get involved in this thread. He gave me the obvious answer. I asked him out of respect as he was the man that brought it to the forefront on this forum.
@Rubyhardie, please be proud of what you done. It takes guts mate. It means you have to stick your head above the parapet and take it on.
I’ve had death threats from all over social media. I’m still alive.
When we were young we went to football training. Myself included were scouted by clubs. That club had a ring operating that promised kids everything. These beasts fooled families and brainwashed children that if they said anything they wouldn’t be believed. To the extent of buying children gifts on trips abroad making them believe they would fail at that club if they didn’t do what the beasts wanted.
They made them feel that if they reported it to their parents then they wouldn’t be believed. A very well organised ring.
As these children grew into adults it affected them. Some took their own lives. Some turned to drink and drugs to deal with everyday life.
And the club deny and refuse to comment. False internal investigations to coverup the good name of the club. Statues erected of people who knew.
We want the world to know what that club done to children over many years. Decades in fact. Just think about that.
I’ll take the filth on. They’ve come for me on more than one occasion. I won’t surrender along with every member of Spotlight no matter what it takes.
Well said brother, keep doing what you’re doing.

On a side note, I hadn’t realised “Dekingadepaedos”will be in Glasgow for the COP26 later this year. I imagine it will be like Beatlemania here with cult devotees fainting at his feet and straining at the leash to catch his gaze. The only leader of a man made fictional religion afforded the benefits, privileges and immunity of a head of state. I fully expect wee kranky to be fawning all over him pandering to her core electorate. The figurehead of the largest peadophile ring on the planet should be held on charges of crimes against humanity whenever he steps into our jurisdiction not have the red carpet rolled out. The saying that nobody is above the law is clearly false.

just watched a documentary about the noonans in manchester, after the two noonan brothers died, daragh mcintyre says"their influence wained,and the dam of information broke" regarding their nonce brother....on the street knowledge but not for public consumption, remind you of anything? they were also of a certain religious persuasion, corruption to the highest level by cult members

As Patrick McGuire said in the article, “Sadly, the response by the SFA to Mr McMillan’s case and to those of others has been, despite their own very damning report, to use every possible legal technicality to deny survivors of historic abuse financial justice.”

Let's hope the upcoming compensation cases against an even more morally bankrupt organisation, are more successful.

just watched a documentary about the noonans in manchester, after the two noonan brothers died, daragh mcintyre says"their influence wained,and the dam of information broke" regarding their nonce brother....on the street knowledge but not for public consumption, remind you of anything? they were also of a certain religious persuasion, corruption to the highest level by cult members
What is the documentary called? One of the brothers ended up completely losing it and was put in an institution. Still there actually

I read recently that the Scottish Court system are claiming it could take up to a decade to clear the backlog of cases.
Who would bet against this being used as another excuse for letting the Thompson Solicitors v celtc abuse cases to be somehow delayed as far as possible or even disappearing altogether

Abusers and enablers getting another 10 years to stall the inevitable. Whether they drop dead or not these dirty bastards will go down in History for their deeds as will the club that protected them.

Open goal for politicians and journalists to hold the poxy Sinn Fein SNP to account. I f*****g hate what this country has turned into.

Power and justice for the victims.

What is the documentary called? One of the brothers ended up completely losing it and was put in an institution. Still there actually
honestly can't remember the name of it, had a few wines......but also remember a programme years ago that one of the mcintyres done on the dominic one, was always surrounded by young men.....there is no way the police or Manchester's legal establishment didn't know what was going on

honestly can't remember the name of it, had a few wines......but also remember a programme years ago that one of the mcintyres done on the dominic one, was always surrounded by young men.....there is no way the police or Manchester's legal establishment didn't know what was going on
Seen it aswell, Dominic Noonan or Lattlay Fottfoy as he calls himself now, an absolute disgusting human being, the documentary was a difficult watch, can tell from the very beginning the guy is an utter nonce and wrong un, banged up in 2018 on quite a number of historic sexual abuse charges.

I read recently that the Scottish Court system are claiming it could take up to a decade to clear the backlog of cases.
Who would bet against this being used as another excuse for letting the Thompson Solicitors v celtc abuse cases to be somehow delayed as far as possible or even disappearing altogether
I understand what you’re saying. I don’t think it will ever disappear though.
We have provided evidence. We have assisted survivors and families the best way we could with facts. We have given our research to many journalists. We have members that have stood their ground with facts against certain MSP’s.
We have members that have heard accounts of survivors that haven’t came forward as they’ve been let down by either press or politics.
We have guaranteed from day one that we give anonymity to anyone that comes forward and have never let anyone down.
We have taken it outside these shores. We have information that hasn’t came out yet and believe us it will.
@EH47
I know you’ve followed this. Probably longer than me on FF.
The perpetrators may never go to court. Covid has definitely caused a backlog, and the beasts may die before appearing.
There’s more to come.

I understand what you’re saying. I don’t think it will ever disappear though.
We have provided evidence. We have assisted survivors and families the best way we could with facts. We have given our research to many journalists. We have members that have stood their ground with facts against certain MSP’s.
We have members that have heard accounts of survivors that haven’t came forward as they’ve been let down by either press or politics.
We have guaranteed from day one that we give anonymity to anyone that comes forward and have never let anyone down.
We have taken it outside these shores. We have information that hasn’t came out yet and believe us it will.
@EH47
I know you’ve followed this. Probably longer than me on FF.
The perpetrators may never go to court. Covid has definitely caused a backlog, and the beasts may die before appearing.
There’s more to come.

Has no MP, in the real Government taken an interest in this. We all know the mob at Holyrood couldn’t run a ménage.

The SNP are only interested in point scoring at Westminster, it would be interesting if one of the other Political parties questioned them on why they continue to ignore victims and their families of such heinous crimes.

Has a “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri” approach in or around Holyrood been considered? A just giving page would provide enough to get it off the ground. Shame them into meeting the families and providing some sort of justice. Or an awareness march to coincide with COP26.

They can’t hide behind ongoing trials to delay and delay for ever.

Our PM is on record as stating that historical child abuse is a waste of money sadly he is RC and probably is aware if any real investigation into any child abuse investigation as is proven throughout the world

Has no MP, in the real Government taken an interest in this. We all know the mob at Holyrood couldn’t run a ménage.

The SNP are only interested in point scoring at Westminster, it would be interesting if one of the other Political parties questioned them on why they continue to ignore victims and their families of such heinous crimes.

Has a “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri” approach in or around Holyrood been considered? A just giving page would provide enough to get it off the ground. Shame them into meeting the families and providing some sort of justice. Or an awareness march to coincide with COP26.

They can’t hide behind ongoing trials to delay and delay for ever.

I like the "three billboards" idea...perhaps.. when the time is right of course Spotlight should throw the lot out on billboard's outside Parkhead and Holyrood

Back