Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

there will be a tipping point to all this. it just gets bigger and bigger. eventually this will be globally known and there will be no more wriggling room for the bastards. the press of the world will be onto it and serious questions will be asked of the compliant so called journalists in this country.

100% Alex.

I’d like to add that as horrific as the Celtic case is, the bigger issue is with the Catholic Church, and until it is addressed head on, sadly it will continue.

The church need to ask themselves why a sizeable portion of priests and those affiliated with their religion carry out these deeds. It is not bad luck, flawed genes, or even coincidence.

IMO they need to address both homosexuality and the natural inbuilt human desire to have sexual relations. Do gay priests deviate towards younger boys as they will easier to manipulate, threaten and silence? Is it a cycle in some cases where a minority of those abused go on to be abusers themselves? Do the teachings of the religion centre too heavily around control, sin, guilt and punishment?

I don’t know the questions that should be asked, never mind the answers, but rather than continuous cover ups that just lead onto more abuse, they should look deep within, ask questions, and look to change where necessary. Any religious doctrine that can, in part, lead to kids being abused is just plain evil. The sooner they adapt the better, as even then it would take a few generations to put right. Wherever in the world there are large scale Catholic populations, disproportionate child abuse occurs. It is a fact.

For any lurkers affiliated to said church, and Celtic for that matter, wake the f*ck up. Your silence and inaction is part of the problem.

The confessional seems to give abusers a free pass to abuse kids and tell a fellow priest or parishioners who carry out crimes that they get absolved of blame if they do a penance by reciting some mumbo-jumbo

As if that is acceptable and your point is 100% right

It all stems from Rome and their phoney policy of celibacy with priests and their failure to punish child sexual abuse that has gone on for 100’s of years

Until courts across the world start fining the Catholic Church 100’s of millions for the child abuse it will continue as they are out of control

It’s not a coincidence that Brother Walfrid set up the food kitchens and then Bheast FC

Their priests have had “special privileges” for too long and given Spotlights work in uncovering paedo priests who were at CFC and given access its a scandal that should see a proper deep dive investigation by an independent police force

Unfortunately our country is mired in protecting paedos and it won’t happen

Look at the SFA who appointed Martin Henry ffs to review child abuse in Scottish football

That’s another scandal the mhedia are happy to ignore as well

The man who knew.

I think all the hard work is proving without much doubt that they ALL knew, including their friends in the mhedia and society.
If ordinary man-in-the-street Rangers fans strongly suspected it was going on then NOBODY, absolutely NOBODY who regularly hung around celtic Park from the 60s onwards was unaware what their club were up to.
Their collective silence is a massive stain on their vile organisation. This is why they have fought tooth and nail using every trick in the book to keep the whole sordid story under wraps.
The truth will out.

Last edited:
100% Alex.

I’d like to add that as horrific as the Celtic case is, the bigger issue is with the Catholic Church, and until it is addressed head on, sadly it will continue.

The church need to ask themselves why a sizeable portion of priests and those affiliated with their religion carry out these deeds. It is not bad luck, flawed genes, or even coincidence.

IMO they need to address both homosexuality and the natural inbuilt human desire to have sexual relations. Do gay priests deviate towards younger boys as they will easier to manipulate, threaten and silence? Is it a cycle in some cases where a minority of those abused go on to be abusers themselves? Do the teachings of the religion centre too heavily around control, sin, guilt and punishment?

I don’t know the questions that should be asked, never mind the answers, but rather than continuous cover ups that just lead onto more abuse, they should look deep within, ask questions, and look to change where necessary. Any religious doctrine that can, in part, lead to kids being abused is just plain evil. The sooner they adapt the better, as even then it would take a few generations to put right. Wherever in the world there are large scale Catholic populations, disproportionate child abuse occurs. It is a fact.

For any lurkers affiliated to said church, and Celtic for that matter, wake the f*ck up. Your silence and inaction is part of the problem.
Well put Snakehips , the more I think about it the more I wonder why we all became Protestants . I know our predecessors protested against the teachings of the church of Rome etc., but I often wonder was there much more going on in the RC religion that I never gave much thought about re garding child abuse . We have read many stories about all kinds of abuse in Ireland regarding unmarried mothers , Magdelene laundries , alter boys being interfered with by priests etc., and since this vile football club started in 1888 it has brought nothing but scandal and hurt to so many youngsters that wonder WHY can so many thousands support this team who covered up so much misery to young players ? They are beyond belief and I am so glad to have been brought up as a Protestant who played football for my BB team , attended PT classes and camping holidays without the worry of any weirdo's trying the sex abuse that all those young players suffered at the hands of perverts at CFC . Time for exposure and punishment to those who committed the crimes to pay price and for those who covered it up and did nothing to stop it .

The fhilth are not going take any responsibility for this,Constantly falling back on the separate entity defense when challenged even when the evidence is overwhelming,The whole sordid story should have been exposed by the Scottish media a long time ago,it’s a national scandal that just adds to the suffering to the victims.

The fhilth are not going take any responsibility for this,Constantly falling back on the separate entity defense when challenged even when the evidence is overwhelming,The whole sordid story should have been exposed by the Scottish media a long time ago,it’s a national scandal that just adds to the suffering to the victims.
Maybe in these times of the internet there will be a lot more people seeing the evidence with their own eyes and the hacks won’t be able to cover it up, take note Hugh Keevins!

When in the name of God is this going to blow up honestly how much more proof do the media and Government in Scotland need . I am ashamed of my Country of birth i live in Australia now cannot believe how much power the Catholic Church has . Make no mistake when the damn breaks its not only that Club thats finished its that Church as well please wake up Scotland and expose them

That is abysmal, how many youngsters lapped into depression or even took their own lives at instances such as this. The whole horror of this is far beyond what we could have imagined yet the compliant to child abuse media won't go near it. Just how much power does the Catholic Church and celtic have not just in Scotland but the world as a whole. To say I am Disgusted doesn't even come close

100% Alex.

The problem stems from priests not being able to marry or have a sexual relationship with another person. This is due to the Catholic Church wanting to protect its riches and not have to pay proceeds toward a priests family should accident, injury or death during service occur. Due to that they have provided a place where a deviant or hypocrite toward what they are, can take up a position of prominence and power over your typical RC. What other place is there where a sexual predator is served up automatic trust, respect, standing and a conveyor belt of children to satisfy whichever need their deviant mind has! Look at Winning for example not a peado - but was a hidden homosexual that would often berate other homosexuals through sermon, doctrine or whatever other means. A guy like that obviously couldn’t deal with the stigma of what he was and instead decided to take up a powerful position over others, while acting out his needs behind closed doors. Hypocrite.

There’s also the other glaring part where RC’s will confess their deepest abs darkest secrets to a man that maintains he speaks to a god. Yes, their speaking will absolve theirs souls as they seem to believe but it also hands off extreme power to these men. This puts every RC in their place where whatever has been said can be used as leverage against them.

I’m not into religion at all, I think humanity would do well without it, but the RC cult is pretty powerful and is quite simply true evil.

That is abysmal, how many youngsters lapped into depression or even took their own lives at instances such as this. The whole horror of this is far beyond what we could have imagined yet the compliant to child abuse media won't go near it. Just how much power does the Catholic Church and celtic have not just in Scotland but the world as a whole. To say I am Disgusted doesn't even come close
110% mate i cannot understand it Scotland is like North Korea Russia totally run like a dictatorship something is not right seriously

Well put Snakehips , the more I think about it the more I wonder why we all became Protestants . I know our predecessors protested against the teachings of the church of Rome etc., but I often wonder was there much more going on in the RC religion that I never gave much thought about re garding child abuse . We have read many stories about all kinds of abuse in Ireland regarding unmarried mothers , Magdelene laundries , alter boys being interfered with by priests etc., and since this vile football club started in 1888 it has brought nothing but scandal and hurt to so many youngsters that wonder WHY can so many thousands support this team who covered up so much misery to young players ? They are beyond belief and I am so glad to have been brought up as a Protestant who played football for my BB team , attended PT classes and camping holidays without the worry of any weirdo's trying the sex abuse that all those young players suffered at the hands of perverts at CFC . Time for exposure and punishment to those who committed the crimes to pay price and for those who covered it up and did nothing to stop it .
You are not wrong. See Scotlands forgotten suffering on you tube…

When in the name of God is this going to blow up honestly how much more proof do the media and Government in Scotland need . I am ashamed of my Country of birth i live in Australia now cannot believe how much power the Catholic Church has . Make no mistake when the damn breaks its not only that Club thats finished its that Church as well please wake up Scotland and expose them
this so called church has been getting investigated from all over the world but always seem to deflect just like that club, its like they are untouchable, but someday soon I hope they are brought to justice, where priests have a abusing and the dairy goes on them they get shifted from one location to another with their higher power saying they are on sick leave it is pretty disgusting, but for governments not to intervene and take action and investigate the mind boggles

Last edited:
The problem stems from priests not being able to marry or have a sexual relationship with another person. This is due to the Catholic Church wanting to protect its riches and not have to pay proceeds toward a priests family should accident, injury or death during service occur. Due to that they have provided a place where a deviant or hypocrite toward what they are, can take up a position of prominence and power over your typical RC. What other place is there where a sexual predator is served up automatic trust, respect, standing and a conveyor belt of children to satisfy whichever need their deviant mind has! Look at Winning for example not a peado - but was a hidden homosexual that would often berate other homosexuals through sermon, doctrine or whatever other means. A guy like that obviously couldn’t deal with the stigma of what he was and instead decided to take up a powerful position over others, while acting out his needs behind closed doors. Hypocrite.

There’s also the other glaring part where RC’s will confess their deepest abs darkest secrets to a man that maintains he speaks to a god. Yes, their speaking will absolve theirs souls as they seem to believe but it also hands off extreme power to these men. This puts every RC in their place where whatever has been said can be used as leverage against them.

I’m not into religion at all, I think humanity would do well without it, but the RC cult is pretty powerful and is quite simply true evil.
Agree 100%, especially the last paragraph.

Andy Ritchie said in his book that Tommy Burns wanted to rid the boys club of evil (or something like that) when he brought Ritchie back to coach the boys club.
He was clearly not talking about his big pal so he must have been talking about the founder (I won’t use his name) of Celtic Boys Club.

If Burns thought that the founder of Celtic Boys Club was so evil then why did he allow him the honour of arranging his own testimonial??

What is the SNP justification for leaving football and religion out of their so called ‘investigation’ ?
I believe they said that it would take too long to investigate religion and football so they limited the scope of the investigation. That may be the case bit is not an excuse for not investigating football clubs and religion in separate enquiries. When something is so obviously wrong, the government can't say we won't investigate as we don't have time.

I believe they said that it would take too long to investigate religion and football so they limited the scope of the investigation. That may be the case bit is not an excuse for not investigating football clubs and religion in separate enquiries. When something is so obviously wrong, the government can't say we won't investigate as we don't have time.

Too long to investigate religion and football clubs? What a pathetic excuse to cover up their own (no doubt) political support base.

Precisely. Would they not pursue charges against a serial killer because it would take too long to investigate. What sort of despicable excuse is that?!

We suspect the killer has been active in Leeds, Nottingham, Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham. But it would take to long to investigate so going to pin our hopes in asking folks in the Bury area of Manchester only.

Every picture that has been posted in the whole of this thread ,and all the men and i use the word men loosely all associated with this vile club . I for one would be affronted to have my picture next to any one convicted or even to be suspected of being a predator all of you are associated and tainted wearing your celtic kit like a badge of honour you know what it must be said that at the end of this sorry chapter in your infamous sordid history it will be easier to say who was not a predator than who was .%^*& you all .

Can i also say that the way to get this in the public domain is to never be afraid to mention their despicable acts and that is not to diminish the survivors or point score but i tell anyone when football is discussed in especially a work situation where i have in the main celtic fans . In fact the point scoring is usually them starting with there sevco shite and they clam up when i remind them of their history and not the 1967 kind but the over 50 years of cover ups . If my child was abused at any football club you couldnt stop me from pursuing the bastards .Sorry an emotive subject and i commend the Spotlight team and BN94 and the rest for there stedfast resolve and fortitude for their pursuit of justice for the survivors .

Can i also say that the way to get this in the public domain is to never be afraid to mention their despicable acts and that is not to diminish the survivors or point score but i tell anyone when football is discussed in especially a work situation where i have in the main celtic fans . In fact the point scoring is usually them starting with there sevco shite and they clam up when i remind them of their history and not the 1967 kind but the over 50 years of cover ups . If my child was abused at any football club you couldnt stop me from pursuing the bastards .Sorry an emotive subject and i commend the Spotlight team and BN94 and the rest for there stedfast resolve and fortitude for their pursuit of justice for the survivors .
Unbelievable Pal I've had the same problem with them they would rather say "Points Scoring " than agree to have an independent enquiry

I am going to stick my neck out here guys and make a prediction. In the coming years you are going to see a dramatisation on Netflix or some other similar platform of what is unfolding right here before our eyes. The work of everyone concerned working against these evil child molesters. I don’t like the word paedophilia, I think it’s Greek or something but I’m not Greek, child molester sounds more English to me. I’m doing my own wee bit of exposing them, not in the same class as spotlight but every little helps. Spotlight and the rest of you, keep up the good work. Any child molesters lurking around, may your God go with you. You, I and that God all know who and what you are.

Scotland is a land of embarrassment. I find it unbelievable. I could not see this cover-up happening anywhere else.

Unbelievable Pal I've had the same problem with them they would rather say "Points Scoring " than agree to have an independent enquiry
Sturgeon or whoever set up the inquiry in to csa should have made it across the board in to what they have investigated but also football clubs .boys clubs and religion . These inquiries take an age to come to a conclusion so doing it piecemeal as they have done just leaves more questions than answers imo.

Back