Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

The wheels of justice are slow at the best of times but when there's active barriers being put in place, it's horrific for victims of crime.

It's weird seeing the different attitudes to paedophiles in this country when it comes to your average case.

There's rightful outrage about it, there's parents showing huge concern for their chilldren, vigilante facebook pages being set up and your typical social media response to "lynch the bastard"...then when it comes to this case, there's a dampening of "you're just point scoring" among many.
A big part of being in a cult is ignoring what it does and taking attacks on it personally.

Sorry if iam being naive but would we as a support not be allowed to have banners at home games maybe hilighting there seperate entity stance or is my thoughts just poor judgement .
I think this was actually done. The names of the perpetrators were held up. I’m sure there is a photo somewhere?
The last thing this needs to be is a point scoring exercise. Our only wish is that other supporters groups were involved.

I think this was actually done. The names of the perpetrators were held up. I’m sure there is a photo somewhere?
The last thing this needs to be is a point scoring exercise. Our only wish is that other supporters groups were involved.
Now that you mention it i seem to remember something like that being done . I did wonder if banners were a bit to far all though screaming at them on Old Firm days Peados seems to get us bad press .

Now that you mention it i seem to remember something like that being done . I did wonder if banners were a bit to far all though screaming at them on Old Firm days Peados seems to get us bad press .
We have succeeded in spreading the word and also passing vital evidence to the authorities. And I know we keep saying it, but there is more to come.
This will only get bigger. All we need now is a decent unapologetic justice system, that up to now has clearly benefited the perpetrators with some free to walk the streets. We know.

It took a lot of time and effort to get one perpetrator extradited back to this country. To then be bailed? That to us is a very strange decision. Now walking our streets.
Justice for the survivors and families is paramount.
Spotlight tried to bring this whole issue to the attention of the First Minister. She blocked us.

It took a lot of time and effort to get one perpetrator extradited back to this country. To then be bailed? That to us is a very strange decision. Now walking our streets.
Spotlight tried to bring this whole issue to the attention of the First Minister. She blocked us.
Another one on the wrong side of History.

These enablers should be hounded forever.

I’ve seen a multitude of great actions/projects on FF over many many years, but this effort by Spotlight to bring justice for the victims is on another level. Keep up the fight mate.

And all I hear from Timothy is point scoring, blah blah..
NO. Timothy, you're wrong. Again.
It's about systematic child abuse. It's about KIDS lives being ruined. It's about grown men trying to live with their demons through the abuse. It's about families torn apart through the abuse. Its about suicides and deaths through the abuse. But no problem Timothy, you call it fekkin point scoring all you want. We people in the real world know exactly what it is. Rant over

I think having banners strategically placed towards the front of the stands saying "justice for Celtics victims"
would get publicity for the cause and wouldn't be over the top.

She's Scum - pure and simple . A vile little C-NT .
Keep up the good work - The truth will out .
Spotlight deserve medals - without doubt .

And all I hear from Timothy is point scoring, blah blah..
NO. Timothy, you're wrong. Again.
It's about systematic child abuse. It's about KIDS lives being ruined. It's about grown men trying to live with their demons through the abuse. It's about families torn apart through the abuse. Its about suicides and deaths through the abuse. But no problem Timothy, you call it fekkin point scoring all you want. We people in the real world know exactly what it is. Rant over
The point is that everyone, from the upper echelons of the board at separate entity FC knew. The Frankenstein monster that Robert Kelly and Stein created way back in the sixties has had devastating consequences. The club newspaper reported on all the success of the youths coming through their boys club?
In reality the warped individuals associated/involved had other motives? Kevin Kelly and Jack McGinn some of the benefactors of paedo#1's enterprise (allegedly) .
The hundreds of victims lives affected are still to this day waiting on justice.
The hope is this whole sordid affair will just disappear ! Too late.

The one thing that sticks out for me is the creation of a fake trip/tournament where kids actually phoned home to talk about games that never happened and the ‘results’ were noted in the press.

What sordid stuff happened during this time ?

The one thing that sticks out for me is the creation of a fake trip/tournament where kids actually phoned home to talk about games that never happened and the ‘results’ were noted in the press.

Doesn't bear thinking about ...... Depraved Bastards .

I can't believe that the media don't pick up on that part in particular.

I was at a “mixed” function on Friday night, a friend of the Wife’s retirement do.

We were on a round table of twelve and seated across from me was a guy about forty, well spoken with a London accent.
As the night wore on one couple started waxing lyrical about Celtc and how apparently the tour of Celtc Park was just voted one of the best in Britain.
“ The tour takes in the dressing rooms and the trophy room”

The Londoner looked up and said
“ Oh, that’s very interesting, does it also include the rooms where your Club photographer stored his pictures of naked children and your young players were abused? I’ve read quite a lot about that online.”

Complete silence.

Later on I talked with the fellow, he was more of a rugby type than a football man but he told me had been pointed towards the “Spotlight” articles ( on Facebook I believe) and similar by a Scottish colleague.
He was disgusted by the crimes committed and lack of action by the powers that be.

Your fight is a long one, but you are increasing awareness and interest in the victims plight day by day.

Have you a link to this?

If that isn't enough to do them then I don't know what will.

I was at a “mixed” function on Friday night, a friend of the Wife’s retirement do.

We were on a round table of twelve and seated across from me was a guy about forty, well spoken with a London accent.
As the night wore on one couple started waxing lyrical about Celtc and how apparently the tour of Celtc Park was just voted one of the best in Britain.

“ Oh, that’s very interesting, does it also include the rooms where your Club photographer stored his pictures of naked children and your young players were abused? I’ve read quite a lot about that online.”

Complete silence.

Later on I talked with the fellow, he was more of a rugby type than a football man but he told me had been pointed towards the “Spotlight” articles ( on Facebook I believe) and similar by a Scottish colleague.
He was disgusted by the crimes committed and lack of action by the powers that be.

Your fight is a long one, but you are increasing awareness and interest in the victims plight day by day.
I had a similar experience at work recently. I live in England and it was 2 Leeds supporters talking about it to a Liverpool/them supporter.
Spotlight came up a few times in their conversation. They obviously had no idea who I was but I must say it was a proud moment knowing that they are talking about it down here.

I missed this one.

Utterly astonishing as to how they have been allowed to continue as a business with evidence like that.

So many questions that need answers.

Who funded these expensive trips?

Why was Jock Stein allowed to sack 'employees' of a 'seperate entity ' as they claim it is?

Employing and paying two tramp directors to his trophy centre business is just baffling considering they knew exactly what he was.

Any journalist with the slightest bit of respect would be tearing shreds off of the chairman and chief executive.

7 years older.

Who on Earth, in any decade, would think that allowing someone so young and with no track record of managing youth football teams was GOOD idea?

Who encouraged him to get involved? Who told him the filth board would likely approve his idea? Indeed, WAS it his idea?

This actually happening is what I can't get my head around.

Complete silence.

He could easily have mentioned a lot worse. Fair play to him for saying anything right enough.

Are these children's charities that raised concerns about Henry still active and if so why do we not hear from them now? Surely they should be kicking up a stink about what is happening in Scotland.
What we’ve learnt in the last few years is many apologists want nothing more than this to go away.
Our wee nation unfortunately now has many of these parasites in high positions. We encourage anyone to use our research who wants to get active. We will also assist them along the way if required.
We also think that once the court cases come along then you will see a lot more from the press.

7 years older.

Who on Earth, in any decade, would think that allowing someone so young and with no track record of managing youth football teams was GOOD idea?

Who encouraged him to get involved? Who told him the filth board would likely approve his idea? Indeed, WAS it his idea?

This actually happening is what I can't get my head around.
No way a 19 year old off the street would be sanctioned by the Celtic board to set this up on his own. The chairman at this time was Robert Kelly who was all-knowing and all-powerful and setting up a boys club would have needed his approval.

Someone would have had to convince Robert Kelly that Celtic Boys Club was a good idea from a football perspective. That same person would have had a sinister, ulterior motive for setting up the boys club. In my opinion P#1 was a front man, supported by a more powerful individual close to Robert Kelly.

No way a 19 year old off the street would be sanctioned by the Celtic board to set this up on his own. The chairman at this time was Robert Kelly who was all-knowing and all-powerful and setting up a boys club would have needed his approval.

Someone would have had to convince Robert Kelly that Celtic Boys Club was a good idea from a football perspective. That same person would have had a sinister, ulterior motive for setting up the boys club. In my opinion P#1 was a front man, supported by a more powerful individual close to Robert Kelly.
We’d go as far to say that the Catholic clergymen were involved.

There is proof I belive of a player phoning home and telling his parents that they had just beat Real Madrid 1-0 in the final ( Of a tournament that didn't happen )
They certainly tried to cover themselves by even naming the 'goal scorer' for it. None other than 'Celtic hero' Tommy Burns.

Burns carried that 'secret' to his grave. Why?

Back