Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Why is it there has still not been an independent public enquiry into this?
Days after the killer of Emma Caldwell was convicted an enquiry has been set up about who knew what and when, quite rightly so.
So why, with multiple convictions for CSA at celtic and its boys club has there not been an enquiry?
If only Anas Anwar wasn't so close to the FM and his football team then real justice might be served.
The SNP said there would be no enquiries into abuse at neither religious or sporting institutions, why? You'll need to ask them.

Why is it there has still not been an independent public enquiry into this?
Days after the killer of Emma Caldwell was convicted an enquiry has been set up about who knew what and when, quite rightly so.
So why, with multiple convictions for CSA at celtic and its boys club has there not been an enquiry?
If only Anas Anwar wasn't so close to the FM and his football team then real justice might be served.
Anas Anwar is a Rangers supporter. I would have thought that he would be more vocal in trying to get an Enquiry.

Thanks guys.
Being able to talk about it on here has helped my mental health immensely since i find it hard to talk to people about feelings etc.
Theres always been a mental block there since this happened in 1991.
If this helps anyone in any way then good.
If not then i got the justice i needed & hopefully his other victims/survivors can get some kind of closure.
Tbh i wasnt expecting the 9 years, i thought he'd get 6 if he was lucky.
Not all of his victims are here though as 1 poor boy took his own life so i imagine that would've came into account regarding the sentence he received.
LWF
Incredible bravery to push through the dark times and you, by your actions, honesty and integrity have seen that bastard get what he deserves.

It’s 9 years inside but I have hope the rest of his life is a living hell.

Thanks to you, everyone knows the truth, we all know what he is and he will be a marked man for the rest of his miserable existence.

I think you will find peace and happiness mate and continue to thrive, don’t let that bastard take another second of your life from here on in.

You have done your self and your family proud brother. You have many friends you will never meet face to face, but you know where we are.

Good luck Neil and be happy bro.

It has nothing to do with Rangers, anyone who wants to safeguard our future children and sentence historic abuse does not need to support a certain football team
Therein lies the problem.
That lot think this is all anti septic, something to do with football, not human decency.
I grew up in the 60's, several of my friend's played for septic boys club, their crested kitbag was a source of huge pride and the envy of all their friends.
As a lad, if I'd have told my parents that the local minister, church warden, Boy's Brigade leader or the like, had touched me up, I'd have got such a slap. There were no deviants (allegedly) in those days, now we know different.
The guys who came forward set themselves up for torment and ridicule. The fact that our backward little country has refused the acknowledge their abuse, name and shame the perpetrators, punish the enablers and deniers, and move forward, should be a source of shame for every political party. Instead, it appears that its something to be hidden in the hope of getting more votes from a small section of the wider community.
I hope that somehow, somewhere in the not too distant future, they get their comeuppance.
Rant over, sorry chaps, but this really passes me off.

It has nothing to do with Rangers, anyone who wants to safeguard our future children and sentence historic abuse does not need to support a certain football team
I made no suggestion that it had anything to do with Rangers, I was merely clarifying the fact that Sarwar is not is not "close to" Yusaf's chosen team of Celtic. Having no affinity to that team which is orchestrating a massive cover up and being the leader of the main opposition party at Holyrood I would have expected the Leader of the Labour Group to be more vocal in demanding an Enquiry. It affects most Scottish teams to a greater or lesser extent and must be addressed.

I made no suggestion that it had anything to do with Rangers, I was merely clarifying the fact that Sarwar is not is not "close to" Yusaf's chosen team of Celtic. Having no affinity to that team which is orchestrating a massive cover up and being the leader of the main opposition party at Holyrood I would have expected the Leader of the Labour Group to be more vocal in demanding an Enquiry. It affects most Scottish teams to a greater or lesser extent and must be addressed.
Sadly there is nothing to gain politically by Sarwar raising this issue. I didn’t even know he had Rangers leanings as he has probably kept that quiet. Where as it is been abundantly clear that it is important for politicians to be seen to be either pro Celtic or anti Orange if they are not RC (see White or Mason) to have any chance of being elected in the West of Scotland.

The reason Celtic failed to report the child abuse was to enable them to continue to recruit young talent to enable them to win trophies. The abuse and winning are very much linked. Fear that parents would stop their boys joining was the main reason they failed to act.
Trophies before safeguarding boys.
Sadly you are very wrong as Celtic valued trophies more than protecting boys in their care.
Stripping trophies would be a just punishment.
Always remember the £1,000,000 they spent on "trophies" in a certain shop when a certain person was in jail !!
Or who his fellow director was.

Always remember the £1,000,000 they spent on "trophies" in a certain shop when a certain person was in jail !!
Or who his fellow director was.
The SFA inquiry was a whitewash but it did mention this. When made aware of children being sexually abused this bastardised football club centralised responses to protect its standing and reputation. This standing has still not been corrected!

Edit. Sorry was meant to reply to another poster.

The SFA inquiry was a whitewash but it did mention this. When made aware of children being sexually abused this bastardised football club centralised responses to protect its standing and reputation. This standing has still not been corrected!

Edit. Sorry was meant to reply to another poster.
I would like to know the process by which it was decided that Martin Henry was the best person for the job of carrying out the SFAs review, everything about him in my opinion disqualifies him from being an appropriate candidate. A quote from Mr. Henry.
“On the specific reference to Celtic FC, one of many clubs referenced in the final report, the Review in actual fact states clearly that the club has gone to great lengths to address any past contacts between the club and Celtic Boys Club - and have done so effectively. This is welcomed by the Review and welcomed within the review.”

Just a reminder of who he is.

I would like to know the process by which it was decided that Martin Henry was the best person for the job of carrying out the SFAs review, everything about him in my opinion disqualifies him from being an appropriate candidate. A quote from Mr. Henry.
“On the specific reference to Celtic FC, one of many clubs referenced in the final report, the Review in actual fact states clearly that the club has gone to great lengths to address any past contacts between the club and Celtic Boys Club - and have done so effectively. This is welcomed by the Review and welcomed within the review.”

Just a reminder of who he is.

It was engineered to continue the coverup. An inquiry about the inquiry is required.

I never said you did.

Amazing that the club’s Financial Director at the time has not been taken to task for signing it off

Talk about culpability!!!
And we all know who that was!

I wonder if his departure a couple of seasons ago was to avoid scrutiny in what was coming down the tracks? What worries me is the fact that he came back. Either he knows there will be no 'reaper cushions' or he's just confident he can influence things to suit him from being in the position he's in.

Money laundering.

Question is...whos money was it?

No one ever leaves £40,000 in a car.

They(TTC) do have a large unit in Polmadie.
Not Toryglen which yes is nearby.

This whole affair stinks to high Heaven. From the actual abuse right through the cover up both by the football club and the politicos. The only way that any survivor will be able to ensure closure, if that is even possible , is a wholly independent enquiry headed up by a Judge from outside Scotland and a remit from the Prime Minister himself.

According to the Bank of England inflation app about £460,000 per year.

That's a £1.84 million contract (in today's money) to supply wee trophies to a boy's club they claimed wasn't connected to them.
I can’t keep track of all this, is that what the contract was for or was it for other services. Was Trophy Centre not running their shops at one point? Either way I am sure it was a way of skimming money off the club to go to Kelly and McGinn. Torbett was a stooge for them and they turned a deaf ear to the allegation because it suited them.

I can’t keep track of all this, is that what the contract was for or was it for other services. Was Trophy Centre not running their shops at one point? Either way I am sure it was a way of skimming money off the club to go to Kelly and McGinn. Torbett was a stooge for them and they turned a deaf ear to the allegation because it suited them.
We can only speculate why celtc paid a million pound to the trophy centre (it was in their accounts), but since their line of business is to supply trophies nobody has come up with a better option.

Therein lies the problem.
That lot think this is all anti septic, something to do with football, not human decency.
I grew up in the 60's, several of my friend's played for septic boys club, their crested kitbag was a source of huge pride and the envy of all their friends.
As a lad, if I'd have told my parents that the local minister, church warden, Boy's Brigade leader or the like, had touched me up, I'd have got such a slap. There were no deviants (allegedly) in those days, now we know different.
The guys who came forward set themselves up for torment and ridicule. The fact that our backward little country has refused the acknowledge their abuse, name and shame the perpetrators, punish the enablers and deniers, and move forward, should be a source of shame for every political party. Instead, it appears that its something to be hidden in the hope of getting more votes from a small section of the wider community.
I hope that somehow, somewhere in the not too distant future, they get their comeuppance.
Rant over, sorry chaps, but this really passes me off.
No need for the apology mate. It was a first class rant.

We can only speculate why celtc paid a million pound to the trophy centre (it was in their accounts), but since their line of business is to supply trophies nobody has come up with a better option.
As a BB member I am sure we got our medals etc from trophy centre I can guarantee would have been less than £50 a year for all the medals etc. Sure they were around 20p amedal and 50p a trophy

The Trophy centre supplied all celtic outlets with all their branded merchandise, from bed sheets to rubber ducks. The deal was £250000 a year for 4 years and started the year before the conviction. The contract was a legitimate one and was probably a fair market rate, give or take, and not in any way unusual in itself. The fact it was given to a known beast, however, particularly after he had been ‘booted’ out the club, is a different story but the money going to the trophy centre was legitimate.

Hopefully mate, these cnuts are clearly just hanging this out for time. It’s been f&cking long enough, time for justice. Once the class action is over the American litigation can start.
Correct me if i'm wrong but i thought I read that they had 6 months to pay out of court settlements to 20 ex players(tip of the ice berg) that were sexually abused at their torrid club or it was going to court , that was last September. Have those victims been payed who knows.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i thought I read that they had 6 months to pay out of court settlements to 20 ex players(tip of the ice berg) that were sexually abused at their torrid club or it was going to court , that was last September. Have those victims been payed who knows.

It's six months to the day since it was reported that the filth were seeking to settle, not they were paying out settlements though.

I can't see any update on that though other than this post from Gordon Woods which suggests that the six month timeline for the settlement to be agreed or rejected has been extended.

The Trophy centre supplied all celtic outlets with all their branded merchandise, from bed sheets to rubber ducks. The deal was £250000 a year for 4 years and started the year before the conviction. The contract was a legitimate one and was probably a fair market rate, give or take, and not in any way unusual in itself. The fact it was given to a known beast, however, particularly after he had been ‘booted’ out the club, is a different story but the money going to the trophy centre was legitimate.
Sorry, but I'm not buying this.

Let's be (very) generous and say the average purchase from the Trophy Centre was £10 per item (in reality it was probably closer to £5 (or even less)).

That means that Celtic purchased 25,000 (50,000?) items per year, for 4 years, from TTC.

Just how many rubber ducks were they selling?

Sadly there is nothing to gain politically by Sarwar raising this issue. I didn’t even know he had Rangers leanings as he has probably kept that quiet. Where as it is been abundantly clear that it is important for politicians to be seen to be either pro Celtic or anti Orange if they are not RC (see White or Mason) to have any chance of being elected in the West of Scotland.
He hasn’t kept it quiet, he attends quiet a few games with his son just as an ordinary punter. This whole filthy saga and their disgusting failure to address it or take any responsibility is nothing to with Sarwar.

Sorry, but I'm not buying this.

Let's be (very) generous and say the average purchase from the Trophy Centre was £10 per item (in reality it was probably closer to £5 (or even less)).

That means that Celtic purchased 25,000 (50,000?) items per year, for 4 years, from TTC.

Just how many rubber ducks were they selling?
You can buy it or not, entirely up to you. The trophy centre was the wholesaler acting on behalf of the club. It was supplying every piece of branded tat that the club sold through its shops. The trophy centre was not selling the tat direct to punters. It is all documented fact and this conversation is a very well trodden path that has been ‘alive’ on this message board for over a decade. It is a shambles and an utter scandal that the rancid bastards at their club awarded the contract to the beast, given it was know by the club what he was.

You can buy it or not, entirely up to you. The trophy centre was the wholesaler acting on behalf of the club. It was supplying every piece of branded tat that the club sold through its shops. The trophy centre was not selling the tat direct to punters. It is all documented fact and this conversation is a very well trodden path that has been ‘alive’ on this message board for over a decade. It is a shambles and an utter scandal that the rancid bastards at their club awarded the contract to the beast, given it was know by the club what he was.
His business associates regarding this "wee shop" might explain a lot.

He hasn’t kept it quiet, he attends quiet a few games with his son just as an ordinary punter. This whole filthy saga and their disgusting failure to address it or take any responsibility is nothing to with Sarwar.
Fair play to him if he doesn’t hide his allegiances, just unusual for someone to reach the top of Scottish Labour and support Rangers.

Back