Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

It was common knowledge that Celtic Boys Club was 'their Boys Club'.
Newspapers would report the fact when referring to them, everyone accepted it as such, including the club itself.

gm5.png

It was common knowledge that Celtic Boys Club was 'their Boys Club'.
Newspapers would report the fact when referring to them, everyone accepted it as such, including the club itself.

gm5.png
Another snippet to add to the pile of paperwork that points to CBC being an integral part of CFC rather than a separate entity.

Celtic were hoist by their own petard long ago, happy to claim CBC as their own in the Celtic View and elsewhere before dropping them like a hot potato upon realising that this relationship made them guilty of child sexual abuse.

Now it's a case of damage limitation, in the form of out of court settlements. They have always been, and remain, concerned only with their supposed 'good name'.

The unfolding nightmare has no boundaries and while exempt FC carry on regardless it is abhorrent the way the so called justice system has reacted.
The morally bankrupt organisation masquerading as a football club are quite unbelievably untouchable ? A law unto themselves, inflicted on society and accepted as normal. A club like no other, uniquely disgusting organisation.

The unfolding nightmare has no boundaries and while exempt FC carry on regardless it is abhorrent the way the so called justice system has reacted.
The morally bankrupt organisation masquerading as a football club are quite unbelievably untouchable ? A law unto themselves, inflicted on society and accepted as normal. A club like no other, uniquely disgusting organisation.
Nail on head, as ever, Huckleberry.

Well said as ever Huck.
When is the time limit up for the negotiations on the settlement? Must be soon.

Many here say they would like trophies, championships and whatever taken from them. (Which I agree with) but this is all down to what the boys (now men ) want front this.
We know from reading from a few here. All they want is for them to say it was them or something similar.
What do the men want, do they want trophies and championships taken from them?
That is not up to the folk who were abused. It's a matter of authority, rules etc.

Are you saying it's ok to commit crimes but then get let off with it if the victims don't want to pursue the offender.

The SFA should be applying the rules of the game whether the victims (and it would need to be every victim) want it or not.

We all know the SFA will try and wriggle out of punishing Celtic if there is any way of doing so.

That is not up to the folk who were abused. It's a matter of authority, rules etc.

Are you saying it's ok to commit crimes but then get let off with it if the victims don't want to pursue the offender.

The SFA should be applying the rules of the game whether the victims (and it would need to be every victim) want it or not.

We all know the SFA will try and wriggle out of punishing Celtic if there is any way of doing so.
The victims should be going after both, celtic and the sfa, the sfa helped to cover up the investigation into child abuse by putting in their own yes men.

The repercussions of this scandal should be enormous, multiple parties failing the victims over decades and denials aplenty.
The audacity too ignore or cherry pick who will be helped and who will not .
Who do they think they are , justice for all abused and mistreated unequivocally. They should be made to answer for their many sins.
What price for lives decimated and affected?
What price for those no longer with us ?
A shameful scandal unprecedented in proportion.

Another snippet to add to the pile of paperwork that points to CBC being an integral part of CFC rather than a separate entity.

Celtic were hoist by their own petard long ago, happy to claim CBC as their own in the Celtic View and elsewhere before dropping them like a hot potato upon realising that this relationship made them guilty of child sexual abuse.

Now it's a case of damage limitation, in the form of out of court settlements. They have always been, and remain, concerned only with their supposed 'good name'.
The Celtic View - 8 Feb 1995
QufRPFO.jpeg

The Celtic View - 3 Apr 1996
GyxUt7I.jpeg

Last edited:
Was there not a date,where they had to offer out of court settlements,otherwise it would be going back into court?.
Their was but they’ll be doing absolutely everything to drag this on for as long as possible using every sinister means possible

Wasn’t it a case of 100% of the class action case victims had too be united or the class action couldn’t go ahead? (I could be wrong)

Bringing the game into disrepute - surely a certainty

Gaining a financial advantage by covering up abuse scandal for decades (sponsorship etc) - definitely

Attracting players who would be disgusted that a club hid child abuse and getting a footballing advantage - without doubt

Now that victims are rightly going to be compensated there should be a focus from every team in the league that punishments must be included

Gaining a financial advantage by covering up abuse scandal for decades (sponsorship etc) - definitely

Attracting players who would be disgusted that a club hid child abuse and getting a footballing advantage - without doubt

Now that victims are rightly going to be compensated there should be a focus from every team in the league that punishments must be included
They should be refused a license to play.

This club repeatedly hid, covered up and aided the enablement of child rape and abuse.

Those who have taken part in the enablement are not much better than those responsible.

Those who continue to deny it need their motives questioned.

We all know that authorities in Scotland won't act in anything like the manner they should

I have very little faith in UEFA on many issues - but is it possible they'll take some punitive action on this ?

Surely they can't just ignore it ?
If they do, there would be a precedent absolving any other future offenders

Just had a reply to my email to my MP last summer ! She did right to the minister of Sport and Culture who gave a long answer stating safeguarding in sport is tgaken seriously goes on about the FA ( i live in England ) but on the pointof the arrests and convictions in one club he suggested the matter of any potential criminality by the club should be actioned by Police Scotland

Just had a reply to my email to my MP last summer ! She did right to the minister of Sport and Culture who gave a long answer stating safeguarding in sport is tgaken seriously goes on about the FA ( i live in England ) but on the pointof the arrests and convictions in one club he suggested the matter of any potential criminality by the club should be actioned by Police Scotland
Did she have a load of laughing emoji's after the Police Scotland part?

Surely the tims time is running out , anyone know if the outcome is on the horizon..it must be soul destroying for the victims. Its probably been said a hundred times on here , Peter Lawell should be prosecuted for perverting the course of justice by creating his horrible club's Separate Entity defence.

Last edited:
As the time has dragged on and we approach the cut off point for the survivors to accept whatever they’ve been offered, it’s been very quiet on all fronts.

In my opinion, and thankfully not as someone directly involved in it all, this may mean the offers haven’t come anywhere near what the victims feel they should receive and the court proceedings can be scheduled.

If that is the case, I hope those affected get as much support as they need.

As the time has dragged on and we approach the cut off point for the survivors to accept whatever they’ve been offered, it’s been very quiet on all fronts.

In my opinion, and thankfully not as someone directly involved in it all, this may mean the offers haven’t come anywhere near what the victims feel they should receive and the court proceedings can be scheduled.

If that is the case, I hope those affected get as much support as they need.
I believe most want AN APOLOGY!! Monetary compensation is second fiddle.

How two faced of TGFITW wanting Brenda's hearing with the SFA brought forward but happy for the Civil Action to be kicked down the road as far and as often as possible, where is the outrage ? I have not heard any Tim fans group urging cellic to stop stalling for these victims.
Sadly you never will ..In their under developed minds it never happened., as they have started to believe their own lies. Horrible club with horrible fans.

I believe most want AN APOLOGY!! Monetary compensation is second fiddle.
Mate, I should have made it clearer in my post that the offer was in its entirety, acceptance that it happened, apology for allowing it again and again and any financial recompense that the victim felt met their needs.

I know this isn’t about money for the victims and I reiterate my point in hoping they get whatever support they need.

Waiting on a phone call from the PF to find out what my abuser gets sentenced to.
Nervous is an understatement.
Im just glad he got convicted & that everyone knows i was telling the truth & now everyone knows what he is.
Just wish id came forward sooner but i suppose it had to take me to hit rock bottom to come this far.
Hopefully anyone affected by this can gain strength by knowing you are NOT alone.

The victims should be going after both, celtic and the sfa, the sfa helped to cover up the investigation into child abuse by putting in their own yes men.

The connivance of the SFA in ensuring that their inquiry into child sexual abuse was highly biased away from celtc as being the paramount concern to them being named only among a bunch of several clubs tells its own story.
Sure, other clubs have had wrong uns on board - as has the SFA itself - but the insidious, persistent determination to disguise the worst paedophile ring ever in world sport is inexcusable.

NB : and remember the individual (with his highly questionable past associations) that they managed to put in to chair the inquiry!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Just had a phone call.
Michael James Hay Martin has been sentenced to 9 years at Edinburgh High Court.
She said something about him being monitored for life & a 3 year extension & if he gets out & offends again he'll be back to jail.
Also said i can be notified if i wanted to be made aware if he gets released.
Its a lot to process but id just like to thank everyone on here for your unwavering support

Just had a phone call.
She said something about him being monitored for life & a 3 year extension & if he gets out & offends again he'll be back to jail.
Its a lot to process but id just like to thank everyone on here for your unwavering support
All the best to you brother, not long enough but hopefully you can get some peace and continue with your life.

Just had a phone call.
Well done Neil took balls and courage from you and now you see the end result. Stay strong and hopefully others see this as a springboard for them.

Just had a phone call.
Nowhere near enough, but in comparison with what we're used to seeing, 9 years seems a strong sentence.

I hope you're able to move on as best you can.

surely the football authorities will be faced with a simple question if they are found guilty! Are EBTs worse than covering up decades of CSA? They should have the book thrown at them and face a worse punishment than we did obviously. Similar to Penn State.

Just had a phone call.
Well done Neil

Cannot begin to imagine how hard it must have been and what you’ve come through but well done and take care

You are a very, very brave man Neil.

Despite your own suffering you have shared your own story here; in the hope that it encourages and strengthens other victims to seek justice.

I hope that animal who got nine years, really struggles behind bars and for the rest of his days.

I wish you health and happiness, in the days and years ahead.

Just had a phone call.
Hopefully his conviction gives you and the other victims/survivors peace of mind. All the best.

Thanks guys.
Being able to talk about it on here has helped my mental health immensely since i find it hard to talk to people about feelings etc.
Theres always been a mental block there since this happened in 1991.
If this helps anyone in any way then good.
If not then i got the justice i needed & hopefully his other victims/survivors can get some kind of closure.
Tbh i wasnt expecting the 9 years, i thought he'd get 6 if he was lucky.
Not all of his victims are here though as 1 poor boy took his own life so i imagine that would've came into account regarding the sentence he received.
LWF

Just had a phone call.
Great news and another step in the right direction. Hopefully this will help you deal with things and make your life a little bit easier.

These bastards should be gelded if they want out after their sentence. Utter scumbags of society.

All the best with your future.

Thanks guys.
Being able to talk about it on here has helped my mental health immensely since i find it hard to talk to people about feelings etc.
If not then i got the justice i needed & hopefully his other victims/survivors can get some kind of closure.
Not all of his victims are here though as 1 poor boy took his own life so i imagine that would've came into account regarding the sentence he received.
LWF
Looks like you are already in a much better place mentally. There will always be someone on here will to listen

Just had a phone call.
Well done sir on your strength to see this through and save others. I wish you a happy and positive future. Take care.

Thanks guys.
LWF
Great to hear that you have got some positive news, Neil. I hope you can get things together again and get your life back.

Why is it there has still not been an independent public enquiry into this?
Days after the killer of Emma Caldwell was convicted an enquiry has been set up about who knew what and when, quite rightly so.
So why, with multiple convictions for CSA at celtic and its boys club has there not been an enquiry?
If only Anas Anwar wasn't so close to the FM and his football team then real justice might be served.

Why is it there has still not been an independent public enquiry into this?
Days after the killer of Emma Caldwell was convicted an enquiry has been set up about who knew what and when, quite rightly so.
So why, with multiple convictions for CSA at celtic and its boys club has there not been an enquiry?
If only Anas Anwar wasn't so close to the FM and his football team then real justice might be served.
Too many Roman Catholics and Celtic minded fans in high places

I only see here that he has been given 9 years. There has been nothing on news, in the press or even online about it. Are they trying to cover this up too?

Trophies and football have nothing to do with this and should be kept out of it. These lads need justice for what happened to them and that’s accountability and sentencing from the bastards that done it.
The reason Celtic failed to report the child abuse was to enable them to continue to recruit young talent to enable them to win trophies. The abuse and winning are very much linked. Fear that parents would stop their boys joining was the main reason they failed to act.
Trophies before safeguarding boys.
Sadly you are very wrong as Celtic valued trophies more than protecting boys in their care.
Stripping trophies would be a just punishment.

Back