Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

The fact that this hasn't and isn't being addressed by the SNP is staggering! It seems that any attempt to point this out to the SNP is met with silence or to be blocked at every turn on social media. The Scottish Government's carpet is as lumpy as Celtic FC's.

They both disgust me.

For the many surviving victims of this scandal, hopefully recent progress will encourage you and give you hope.

You are not alone! You don't deserve to be treated the way you have.
To dream and follow ambitions of playing football like thousands of others, is not a crime. The nightmare that unfolded for you is unacceptable.
Many people like spotlight are an inspiration and in your corner ,common decency and compassion has not been high on the agenda with Celtic FC.
The fact they are in denial and continue to function is testimony of the integrity of the football association and the authorities over the decades in Scotland.
Surely the judicial system will serve long overdue justice.
Stay strong the truth is in sight.

Hear n...
I may be entirely naive here but when this eventually runs it’s course and a conclusion is reached what do the knowledgeable people advocating on behalf of the victims perceive that outcome to be or perhaps spell out the options

-The obvious one would be compensation paid to the victims and the dark side exposed and compelled to do so

-Found not guilty/not proven and exonerated
Seems unlikely on the balance of evidence but entirely feasible (unsure of legal terms)

-Agreeing to settle out of court without any admission of guilt and paying compensation but their name protected ho hum
The last seems imo to be the most likely option from my very limited knowledge

-Agreeing to settle out of court without any admission of guilt and paying compensation but their name protected ho hum
That would surely have happened by now?

Celtic appear to be going "all in".

When they are found GUILTY I just hope the ' FOOTBALL FANS of this country show the same rage and animosity to their Chairmen as per 2012 on sanctions to be imposed through the SPFL and hope the 3 STOOGIES cannot interfere with said sanctions...relegated to junior level (minimum) , players not allowed to tupe to the B Team etc.
Bit strange why the Chelsea player had contracts/endorsements cancelled for abusing a cat whereas 50 years of csa on CHILDREN sees nothing with one confirmed case of the kitman (settled out of court would be interesting to know the cost of his NDA btw) as white smoke from the proverbial fire.

That would surely have happened by now?

Celtic appear to be going "all in".
I don’t believe it would tbh
They’ve been robustly defending their position for decades so why would they settle
Not until called to account in a court case and the body of evidence becomes indefensible at court would they attempt to settle
Their legal team will continue to act for them until the bitter end and there are no further escape routes then it will become damage limitation

But what do I know

I may be entirely naive here but when this eventually runs it’s course and a conclusion is reached what do the knowledgeable people advocating on behalf of the victims perceive that outcome to be or perhaps spell out the options

-The obvious one would be compensation paid to the victims and the dark side exposed and compelled to do so

-Found not guilty/not proven and exonerated
Seems unlikely on the balance of evidence but entirely feasible (unsure of legal terms)

I don’t think you’re being naive. Spotlight have seen many opinions in the past few days on this thread. Some educated individuals with great posts, and some that need to be reminded that survivors and families view this thread.
Reference your last paragraph. Believe us, there’s more to come. We doubt their name will be protected. Denial has always been their defence. Separate entity we believe will be shown for what it actually is. Significant evidence has been found.

When they are found GUILTY I just hope the ' FOOTBALL FANS of this country show the same rage and animosity to their Chairmen as per 2012 on sanctions to be imposed through the SPFL and hope the 3 STOOGIES cannot interfere with said sanctions...relegated to junior level (minimum) , players not allowed to tupe to the B Team etc.
Bit strange why the Chelsea player had contracts/endorsements cancelled for abusing a cat whereas 50 years of csa on CHILDREN sees nothing with one confirmed case of the kitman (settled out of court would be interesting to know the cost of his NDA btw) as white smoke from the proverbial fire.
I long for the day that club are stripped of everything the way they carry on thinking they can do what they want disgusts me . Everything about this club is rotten please God find them Guilty and give the victims Justice

Since day one of Spotlight we have been searching for this evidence. Now we have it and it’s in the correct hands.

Thats great and glad to hear you think you have provided new vital and important evidence, I hope the amazing work, dedication and resilience of all the Spotlight Team is recognised and rewarded.

Luckily I'm only involved in this as an observer but also a great supporter of the victims and Spotlight in their quest for justice recognition, closure and for all of the abusers, facilitators and all who were and still involved in covering these hideous crimes up are publicly named , shamed and suitably punished.

They're all evil, but that Strachan is just unspeakably so. So many questions that need answered. And there's no way this started in 1966. It's all been covered on this thread, but it's egregious beyond belief, the whole story.
Started in 1888.
Walfrid was a Marist after all and we all know their history. All under the guise of feeding the poor. They just managed to keep a lid on it IMO. Well not now. Tick tock.
That soup taker phrase they all love really gets to me badly. Starving but your not one of us if you take a meal from the COS. So they would rather watch their own starve to death but we are the bigots.

Started in 1888.
Walfrid was a Marist after all and we all know their history. All under the guise of feeding the poor. They just managed to keep a lid on it IMO. Well not now. Tick tock.
That soup taker phrase they all love really gets to me badly. Starving but your not one of us if you take a meal from the COS. So they would rather watch their own starve to death but we are the bigots.

Totally warped and from an early age.

It’s been frightening seeing the reaction on social media.

Baseless conspiracy theories about Gough, Walter, Souness all openly spread now but the victims are receiving threats and abuse for linking genuine issues together with evidence.

I just don’t understand how football can come before something like this, it’s an awful world.
I’ve viewed some of their comments on social media recently. As long as the club deny then their support will always do the same.
Ignore them. Never engage. Not one of them know what’s coming.
I’ll say this. There are some good ones amongst them that support this and want to see the truth come out.
Then you get the fools that embarrass their own support. One ( who most of you know) has came after me. Threatening me with his solicitor. Also threatening survivors and families.
He’s not worth it. He was easily found.
Evidence is coming.

Thats great and glad to hear you think you have provided new vital and important evidence, I hope the amazing work, dedication and resilience of all the Spotlight Team is recognised and rewarded.

Luckily I'm only involved in this as an observer but also a great supporter of the victims and Spotlight in their quest for justice recognition, closure and for all of the abusers, facilitators and all who were and still involved in covering these hideous crimes up are publicly named , shamed and suitably punished.

Thanks for your kind comments GB, but Spotlight don’t want reward, justice for the abused / survivors & their families will be our reward.

We have rejected a number of invites for podcasts & interviews, etc.

We are not the story, as my friend BN94 has stated previously.

Justice in this country, despite the behaviour of Celtic, The SNP, The SFA & most of the SMSM would be a much better story.

Many talented people now follow us, and hopefully there will be someone who will show strength to take this scandal TO THE WORLD, because it’s that big.

Thanks for your kind comments GB, but Spotlight don’t want reward, justice for the abused / survivors & their families will be our reward.

We have rejected a number of invites for podcasts & interviews, etc.

We are not the story, as my friend BN94 has stated previously.

Justice in this country, despite the behaviour of Celtic, The SNP, The SFA & most of the SMSM would be a much better story.

Many talented people now follow us, and hopefully there will be someone who will show strength to take this scandal TO THE WORLD, because it’s that big.
The fourth and fifth paragraphs nail it perfectly, Grigo, particularly the fourth.

Totally warped and from an early age.
As soon as they hit school. I had Catholic friends as a young kid who strangely drifted away when they started school. Then it was big bad proddys and your going to hell.
No one taught me that at school. I was taught we were the same, we worship the same God, they just do it in a different way. Feck knows what they were taught.

As soon as they hit school. I had Catholic friends as a young kid who strangely drifted away when they started school. Then it was big bad proddys and your going to hell.
No one taught me that at school. I was taught we were the same, we worship the same God, they just do it in a different way. Feck knows what they were taught.

No religious schools where I grew up and I know for a fact we're better off for it. Imagine actually telling children at 5 years old, "you're different from them." It's disgusting and the fact it doesn't get widespread condemnation is baffling, on the surface...

What I will say, is that growing up in the highlands, we were told it was "Proddy schools and Catholic schools." A total misnomer, the "Proddy" school is obviously non-dom filled with every type of person. Just another form of "they're as bad as each other" media/cultural brainwashing imo.
Couldn't possibly be as simple as apartheid schooling based on religion, could it?

No religious schools where I grew up and I know for a fact we're better off for it. Imagine actually telling children at 5 years old, "you're different from them." It's disgusting and the fact it doesn't get widespread condemnation is baffling, on the surface...

What I will say, is that growing up in the highlands, we were told it was "Proddy schools and Catholic schools." A total misnomer, the "Proddy" school is obviously non-dom filled with every type of person. Just another form of "they're as bad as each other" media/cultural brainwashing imo.
Couldn't possibly be as simple as apartheid schooling based on religion, could it?
Nail on the head there Dutch.
I will leave it there as not wanting to derail the thread.
Enjoy your day Dutch.
Edit.
Something just popped in my head there. Imagine we asked for Protestant schools with only Protestant teachers.
We would be ridiculed.

As a 5 year old in Bridge of Weir, I started at the village primary school and couldn't understand why some of my wee friends were wearing different uniforms from me and were getting on a bus ? They were being taken to the RC primary school in Houston. It really is overdue this sectarian schooling nonsense being binned.

Nail on the head there Dutch.
I will leave it there as not wanting to derail the thread.
Enjoy your day Dutch.
Edit.
Something just popped in my head there. Imagine we asked for Protestant schools with only Protestant teachers.
We would be ridiculed.
To be totally accurate, there are some non-Catholics teaching in RC schools. Try getting a promoted post, tho’, and it’s a totally different story.
It has always intrigued me how certain local authorities can brand themselves as ‘Equal Opportunity Employers” when they openly support this discriminatory practice.
This is not purely ‘opinion’ btw, it is straightforward, easily evidenced fact.

To be totally accurate, there are some non-Catholics teaching in RC schools. Try getting a promoted post, tho’, and it’s a totally different story.
It has always intrigued me how certain local authorities can brand themselves as ‘Equal Opportunity Employers” when they openly support this discriminatory practice.
This is not purely ‘opinion’ btw, it is straightforward, easily evidenced fact.
They are very few and far between. You still need to be vetted by the Catholic Church to work in Catholic schools.

They are very few and far between. You still need to be vetted by the Catholic Church to work in Catholic schools.

The actual irony of them vetting anyone.

there was talk a year or so ago about potential child abuse charges against them in the usa has that fallen through,american legal system seems to take a far harder stance on child abuse than scotland

The idea that the SNP Government are doing nothing in this concerns me.

From what I can see, and I may be wrong, the Government, or at least key political figures linked to the Government, have been actively involved in limiting the scope of their C.S.A. enquiry to exclude Sports and Religious organisations, actively involved in interfering with that enquiry, actively involved in suggesting a central fund, paid for by the tax payer, to deal with C.S.A. victims reparations and actively attempting to set a low limitation to such compensation.
They have certainly been actively involved in blocking victims channels of contact and they also actively oversee a legal system where the punishment tariff for conviction of C.S.A. is far more lenient than and way out of line with other major, developed countries.

As I say I might be misreading this, but it seems to me the Government have been involved throughout the victims fight for justice, but their involvement has been in assisting the wrong side.

It’s when you notice people you had previously been friendly with started calling you “ heathens “ after starting at the different school…..

The idea that the SNP Government are doing nothing in this concerns me.

From what I can see, and I may be wrong, the Government, or at least key political figures linked to the Government, have been actively involved in limiting the scope of their C.S.A. enquiry to exclude Sports and Religious organisations, actively involved in interfering with that enquiry, actively involved in suggesting a central fund, paid for by the tax payer, to deal with C.S.A. victims reparations and actively attempting to set a low limitation to such compensation.
They have certainly been actively involved in blocking victims channels of contact and they also actively oversee a legal system where the punishment tariff for conviction of C.S.A. is far more lenient than and way out of line with other major, developed countries.

As I say I might be misreading this, but it seems to me the Government have been involved throughout the victims fight for justice, but their involvement has been in assisting the wrong side.
I despise the SNP as much as the next sane person does but no Scottish or UK government for that matter has done anything in regards to this case.

Justice will prevail.

It’s when you notice people you had previously been friendly with started calling you “ heathens “ after starting at the different school…..
Exactly. I distinctly remember being told I was going to hell at a point in my life when my concept of hell was that it was the bad fire where bad people went to when dead. As in, " you will go to the bad fire if you do things like that "
Also being told that telling lies was OK as long as you confessed this to the priest and done what he told you to do which even at a young age sounded sinister.

I despise the SNP as much as the next sane person does but no Scottish or UK government for that matter has done anything in regards to this case.

Justice will prevail.
When I said, “in the victims’ fight for justice“ I intended it to mean the broader issue rather than the specifics of the case.
It appears to me that politicians linked closely to Government have been active in the matter of Child Abuse and, bearing in mind that 1) The Government set up, then deliberately limited the scope of, the ongoing C.S.A. enquiry and 2) The personification of Government, the First Minister, has blocked contact with victims and remains silent on the specific issue then, I think, the Government has had direct impact on the Celtc CSA victims’ plight.

Hopefully justice will prevail, but our justice is rather feeble and toothless when compared to other legal systems.

Back