Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Arguing with a pape on X about the compensation for the abuse survivors & hes said this.
They really aren't well.

Screenshot-20240514-175041-Chrome.jpg

At the very least there needs to be a bringing the game into disrepute charge levelled against them. Even to this day they are acting despicably so no one can say it is an historic issue.

I am pretty sure lan MaxweII was hired to make sure that nothing happens to the scum.

The guy who it's hard not to blame for running Partick Thistle into the ground ( even with the patronage of a €uromillions £100m+ winner ), get the the gig to run Scottish Football?

Reeks of Peter.

I am pretty sure lan MaxweII was hired to make sure that nothing happens to the scum.

The guy who it's hard not to blame for running Partick Thistle into the ground ( even with the patronage of a €uromillions £100m+ winner ), get the the gig to run Scottish Football?

Reeks of Peter.
It’s beyond frustrating how Scottish football was whipped into a frenzy, salivating at the mouth to punish Rangers to the verge of extinction for the combination of our majority shareholder getting into trouble due to a recession and the government changing tax rules. Yet there is absolutely no appetite to take action against Celtic for their complicity in the abuse of scores of young boys.

The sad thing is, it will probably be around this figure. They are the most protected scum on the planet.
The thing that a lot of people seem to miss with things like this is although they are protected at the moment, things chance fast, a different government, placement being found out or Pete and friends getting to old to continue doing as is. Things start to get out and down the line these people organisations and the like get held to account.

Also the billions in the bank cracks me up. They don’t seem to have bills or any outgoings that eat into that. The 60 million for the champions league is a belter also, no where near that figure and hopefully we win our games and get in with them.

Anyone who thinks anything apart from a hit of around £3m to £5m on their P&L is happening is living in hope more than expectation

They will get away with institutional child abuse and move on, it’s the country we live sadly, if it’s us there would be untold demands put on the club

It’s just not happening to them ever

Anyone who thinks anything apart from a hit of around £3m to £5m on their P&L is happening is living in hope more than expectation

They will get away with institutional child abuse and move on, it’s the country we live sadly, if it’s us there would be untold demands put on the club

It’s strange that if it was us we would have been treated a lot different!
I live in hope that we see the victims get what they need out this and if other victims come forward hopefully it’s another round of courts for the horrid club.

Reeks of Peter.
Another JTD disgrace to his family. They simply never have any of their own going against them

P&L isnt paying out for CSA mate

That Cult are bleating on about spending £60 m on players this summer that's got to be a slap in the face to all the victims and families that have had abuse endured on them through the years.
Sick organisation to say the least!
Hope the 20 victims (ex players) that are getting an out of court settlements get a fair amount to help them and get some closure to carry on with their lives also more victims come forward and take them all the way..

I understand the mhanks had a TIFO display of none other than Tommy Burns tonight. It's almost like his efforts to get convicted paedophile Frank Kearney back into celtc park, the scene of his several child rape convictions, never actually happened.
Just what are these people on?
Clyde SSB panel highlighting this without any nod to the elephant in the room.
Sycophantic talk of irony on how to clinch the title on the anniversary of his death and the bond between both clubs for Burns, was waiting for a comment about Rodgers telling his players 'Let's win it for Tommy'.
No shame in mentioning his name but when celtc and them have a partnership no bad press will ever be forthcoming from that station.

I contacted Netflix

It would need made independently and endorsed or funded by Netflix.

Someone would need to go them with the documentary proposal
What you need is a screen writer to approach someone from Netflix or some other broadcaster with a story. Similar to the Post Office scandal or even Baby Reindeer. Those were scandals causing so much controversy

Imagine the level of controversy the Celtic boys club scandal would cause??

And there are some suggestions this could actually happen as long as the conditions are met for all

Reeks of Peter.
I want the scum hammered for what they have been up to for decades but the Maxwells come from good stock and i cant see why he would do the bidding of liewell

What you need is a screen writer to approach someone from Netflix or some other broadcaster with a story. Similar to the Post Office scandal or even Baby Reindeer. Those were scandals causing so much controversy

And there are some suggestions this could actually happen as long as the conditions are met for all
If only,
Biggest Sports story on their doorstep all the work done to make it happen just need to find somebody to get them to listen

Was there not a journalist (Adrian Goldberg maybe) crowdfunding to do this? Did that happen?
If I recall correctly, he made a YouTube video and podcasts, which was to act as seedinv material to try and hook a bigger fish.’
However, it appears he’s been sidetracked with other stuff.
He’s a good guy, but is ex-BBC.

If I recall correctly, he made a YouTube video and podcasts, which was to act as seedinv material to try and hook a bigger fish.’
However, it appears he’s been sidetracked with other stuff.
He’s a good guy, but is ex-BBC.

Ah ok, thanks mate. Hopefully something can still come of that.

One of the problems or it may be the one problem the media have with this is that the subject of Child Sexual Abuse is so horrendous that no one wants to touch it. Celtic and the RC Church are so accustomed to being part of it that they don’t really bother about it too much. The whole of Scotland knows about the Dirty Beasts in parishes all over the country and the fact that it spilled over into their favourite and favoured football team is not coincidence.

Thang God for the likes of Gordon Woods and be careful how you go mate as you know how warped the other side is.

I f&ckin hate these filthy paedo bastards, after this round of litigation bring on the sporting sanctions then the US class action.

Any action would usually require a witness and statement as to what happened where/when/names/dates.

I know Kearny PD were making enquiries but that was a few years ago and ive no idea how far it went.

I understand the mhanks had a TIFO display of none other than Tommy Burns tonight. It's almost like his efforts to get convicted paedophile Frank Kearney back into celtc park, the scene of his several child rape convictions, never actually happened.
Just what are these people on?
It must be to celebrate the anniversary of his winning goal for the Boys Club in their match that never was v Real Madrid.

Think I said similar on the second page of the thread.
There will be zero sporting sanctions

Totally agree. It needs to be a docudrama similar to the Post Office thing in order to get the right attention. Doesn't seem to be an appetite for this though.

One of the problems or it may be the one problem the media have with this is that the subject of Child Sexual Abuse is so horrendous that no one wants to touch it. Celtic and the RC Church are so accustomed to being part of it that they don’t really bother about it too much. The whole of Scotland knows about the Dirty Beasts in parishes all over the country and the fact that it spilled over into their favourite and favoured football team is not coincidence.

Thang God for the likes of Gordon Woods and be careful how you go mate as you know how warped the other side is.
Yes but Gordon Woods book was released, there was a thread about it on here but I don’t feel many wanted to buy it. I understand a lot of people don’t want their minds to go there, but the more people who buy it the more exposure it gets etc.

Victims of paedo Scots football ref demand public inquiry into historic sexual abuse of young players
SUNDAY MAIL EXCLUSIVE: Peter Haynes and Stuart McMillan are calling on the government to hold a judge-led inquiry into the historic sexual abuse of young players in the Scottish game.

Peter Haynes who was were targeted by SFA coach Hugh Stevenson in the 70s.

Two victims of a paedophile football referee have demanded a public inquiry into the historic sexual abuse of young players in the Scottish game.

Peter Haynes and Stuart McMillan were targeted by SFA coach Hugh Stevenson, who died in 2004 aged 66. Both have given up their right to anonymity and believe there are hundreds of other victims – some as young as six.

They are calling on the Scottish Government to hold a judge-led inquiry into what they believe was the wide scale abuse of children by Stevenson and others over decades.
Peter, now 58, said: “I would like a public inquiry into child abuse across Scottish football and not just Hugh Stevenson. These guys were allowed to do what they wanted. I want to know how much the SFA and other football bodies knew about the abuse.

“I believe there was a paedophile network operating in Scottish football at that time involving Stevenson and others which was ignored.”
Peter said he was 12 when he was first raped by Stevenson in 1979 and the abuse went on for four years, with the attacks taking place at the referee’s home in Paisley.

He has been fighting for justice for more than 30 years after he first went to the police in 1993.

Stevenson was arrested and charged but never stood trial. In 1994 Peter had a meeting with then SFA chief exec Jim Farry but was told there was nothing they could do as Stevenson was no longer affiliated to them.
dailyrecord
Bookmark

Peter Haynes who was were targeted by SFA coach Hugh Stevenson in the 70s.

Two victims of a paedophile football referee have demanded a public inquiry into the historic sexual abuse of young players in the Scottish game.

Peter Haynes and Stuart McMillan were targeted by SFA coach Hugh Stevenson, who died in 2004 aged 66. Both have given up their right to anonymity and believe there are hundreds of other victims – some as young as six.

They are calling on the Scottish Government to hold a judge-led inquiry into what they believe was the wide scale abuse of children by Stevenson and others over decades.

RELATED ARTICLES

Family of Peterhead prison siege ringleader say he was treated inhumanely while dyingdailyrecord

Taxpayers footing £1400 bill for Edinburgh Lord Provost to watch Euro 2024 openerdailyrecord
Peter, now 58, said: “I would like a public inquiry into child abuse across Scottish football and not just Hugh Stevenson. These guys were allowed to do what they wanted. I want to know how much the SFA and other football bodies knew about the abuse.

“I believe there was a paedophile network operating in Scottish football at that time involving Stevenson and others which was ignored.”

Former youth football coach and top-flight assistant referee Hugh Stevenson
RELATED ARTICLES

Widow of police officer Lewis Fulton calls for cops to carry tasers on the 30th anniversary of his death in the line of dutydailyrecord

A man has been convicted of raping a teen girl in a classroom at lunch break while he was still a schoolboydailyrecord
Peter said he was 12 when he was first raped by Stevenson in 1979 and the abuse went on for four years, with the attacks taking place at the referee’s home in Paisley.

He has been fighting for justice for more than 30 years after he first went to the police in 1993.

Stevenson was arrested and charged but never stood trial. In 1994 Peter had a meeting with then SFA chief exec Jim Farry but was told there was nothing they could do as Stevenson was no longer affiliated to them.

Stuart McMillan who was targeted by SFA coach Hugh Stevenson.
Earlier this year it was revealed that Celtic Football Club were preparing to pay millions to more than 20 victims of paedophile boys’ club coaches after decades of campaigning.

Peter is disappointed with the Scottish Government response over the years to his pleas for an investigation.

Victims were refused permission to take part in the Scottish Child Abuse Inquiry as the SFA had already published their own probe in 2021, in which they issued a public apology.

Peter also met Sports Minister Maree Todd in 2022.

He said: “She told me she would do what she could. I’m still waiting on a response.”
Peter first spoke openly about his abuse in 2016 and was contacted by others, who had been abused as boys by Stevenson, who was on the official list of SFA referees between 1964 and 1983.

Dad-of-five Peter said: “He was abusing boys on an industrial scale and in some cases whole families.

“The majority never reported the assaults for fear of not being believed or jeopardising their careers.”

Peter, a community support worker in Fife, lived in the same street as Stevenson and first encountered him in 1979. He said the abuse began after the referee took him to the 1979 Scottish Cup final – the day before his 13th birthday.

He said: “There were so many complaints against Stevenson. The SFA knew there was something wrong with him. If you ask me how many victims he had, I’d put it in the hundreds. I believed he continued up to his death in 2004.”

Stuart McMillan, 62, a retired prison officer, also supports a public inquiry.

Stuart, from Paisley, was 17 when he was targeted by Stevenson after he began training as a referee.

He said: “I would like the SFA to say they got it wrong. I have been left scarred and have difficulty maintaining relationships. Hugh Stevenson should never have been allowed the access he was given.”

Their case has been taken up by the Conservative’s justice spokesman Russell Findlay. In a letter to Todd, he said: “I am at a loss to understand why the Scottish Government refuses to better understand the scale of child sexual abuse in our national game and broaden the remit of the Scottish Child Abuse Inquiry to include football.

“The abuse scandal is a stain on Scottish football. It caused immeasurable devastation to countless football-obsessed children. The government cannot continue to fail these victims.”

The SFA said it was unable to comment. The Scottish Government noted the SFA’s independent review “acknowledged the significant physical and mental harm caused to individuals and the need to ensure the safety, rights and wellbeing of children involved today”.

It said it had axed the three-year time-bar for cases involving child abuse and supported police to bring predators to justice. It noted a number of people “responsible for such crimes have been successfully convicted”.

A Scottish Government spokesperson said: “The independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football commissioned by the Scottish FA, acknowledged the significant physical and mental harm caused to individuals and the need to ensure the safety, rights and wellbeing of children involved today.

“We support the work of Scotland’s police and prosecutors to bring perpetrators to justice and note that a number of individuals responsible for such crimes have been successfully convicted and sentenced for these.

“The Scottish Government also took action to remove a longstanding legal hurdle for adult victims of child abuse seeking damages by legislating to scrap the three-year time-bar for all cases involving child abuse.”

Back