Celtic fan who threatened to slash throats of Rangers stars Morelos and Kent pleads guilty

BODiE

A CELTIC fan is behind bars after admitting threatening Rangers stars Alfredo Morelos and Ryan Kent on Twitter.

Steven Pettigrew pleaded guilty over the online abuse, which he posted hours after he had watched Rangers win 2-1 at Celtic Park, during a hearing at Greenock Sheriff Court late on Friday afternoon.

He was remanded in custody ahead of sentencing next month.

Social media really highlights the crazy in the world.

Potential jail for writing angry pish when you’re steaming.
Gives me the fear but in this case fcuk him :))

I don't know about you but even when I am steaming I don't think about slashing folks throats.

He got what he deserves but something tells me he fancied a wee spell inside when he pleaded guilty ...

Bastard deserves all he gets.
Even though he’s wrote stuff on social media, probably whilst steaming, who’s to say he doesn’t mean every single word of what he says and his and actually does it?
Don’t be a keyboard warrior and threaten to knife people and expect to get away with it.

deserves all he gets!

Social media really highlights the crazy in the world.

Potential jail for writing angry pish when you’re steaming.
Gives me the fear but in this case fcuk him :))
i switch off when drinking, you never know what your going to wake up to, though in his case i think he was sober and posting on an empty head. :)

Nice month for a hat trick.

This clown
Gary macs attacker up in court
The Tea chucker up in court

A CELTIC fan is behind bars after admitting threatening Rangers stars Alfredo Morelos and Ryan Kent on Twitter.

Steven Pettigrew pleaded guilty over the online abuse, which he posted hours after he had watched Rangers win 2-1 at Celtic Park, during a hearing at Greenock Sheriff Court late on Friday afternoon.

He was remanded in custody ahead of sentencing next month.
social services should take those kids off them and put them in care so they can be fostered out to a family that are stable

He kept on tweeting after it aswell the stupid fuker, im glad he has been caught and will hopefully get the harshest punishment available.

He has 4 kids aswell, what a shame they will have no decent start in life at all with this kunt as their father.

Surprised this incident has made it this far. Seemingly anything involving violence shown towards anything Rangers is fair game. Even faux executions and racism are apparently acceptable when aimed towards Rangers. A small victory and hopefully more to follow but I think I'm pishing in the wind if this conviction leads to more sensible policing accross the board.

First post but I've been lurker of the forum for years.

Was told a story about this scumbag at the weekend.

Apparently a couple of years ago he set fire to the Knights of Columbus building in Port Glasgow then got his son to shout sectarian insults while it was on fire. Filmed it all and put it online.

Dafty had no idea it is a Catholic based group, just assumed it was Protestant/Masonic based.

Haven't seen the video myself but have a couple of mates who have. Members from the Port area might be able to confirm this.

It's a dangerous combination of stupidity and blind hatred we are are up against with folk like this.

Getting remanded too. Suggests he is a total wrong un. Hopefully further jail time come sentencing. A scum bag.

Don't drop the soap bitch! Actually he'll probably be dropping it on purpose knowing his lot.

4 kids that are now going to wonder where daddy is, probably having to go visit him in the clink. That will leave a stain on their young memories.
It's not as straight forward as some are making it out to be.
Sure, he is a scumbag, and probably a threat to society, whether he knows it or not, and even if it was just keyboard bravado.
His kids no doubt deserve better also, than this arse as a father.
But at the same time, remanded for typing a rant after a sport match seems harsh.

It should be a lesson to everyone!

It's not as straight forward as some are making it out to be.
Sure, he is a scumbag, and probably a threat to society, whether he knows it or not, and even if it was just keyboard bravado.
His kids no doubt deserve better also, than this arse as a father.
But at the same time, remanded for typing a rant after a sport match seems harsh.

It should be a lesson to everyone!
Threatening to slit somebody's throat is not a rant, it's the actions of a scumbag.

Back