Celtic fan who threatened to slash throats of Rangers stars Morelos and Kent pleads guilty

It's not as straight forward as some are making it out to be.
Sure, he is a scumbag, and probably a threat to society, whether he knows it or not, and even if it was just keyboard bravado.
His kids no doubt deserve better also, than this arse as a father.
But at the same time, remanded for typing a rant after a sport match seems harsh.

It should be a lesson to everyone!
We all have had rants after a football match at no time have I ever threatened not even in jest to cut someone's throat,because its football related doesn't even come into it.

Sure, he is a scumbag, and probably a threat to society, whether he knows it or not, and even if it was just keyboard bravado.
But at the same time, remanded for typing a rant after a sport match seems harsh.

Is it worse than dressing as Postman Pat or singing a song ?

Of course it is and people have been jailed for those

Yea because its just a rant threatening to slit someones throat ! anyone typing that deserves to be dealt with by the police.

The guy is utter scum and you can see that through his twitter feed

and who were the posters on here who where adamant he didnt threaten them
what do they have to say now

He did admit it, which is surprising. He probably couldn’t afford a good enough lawyer. Or he’s so used to prison he doesn’t give a shit, saves him having to work.

A CELTIC fan is behind bars after admitting threatening Rangers stars Alfredo Morelos and Ryan Kent on Twitter.

Steven Pettigrew pleaded guilty over the online abuse, which he posted hours after he had watched Rangers win 2-1 at Celtic Park, during a hearing at Greenock Sheriff Court late on Friday afternoon.

He was remanded in custody ahead of sentencing next month.
Remanded thats lovely

source.gif

4 kids that are now going to wonder where daddy is, probably having to go visit him in the clink. That will leave a stain on their young memories.
Not sure which is worse, Faither in the Jail or Faither at home dressing his kids up as "wee provos"? Then posting pictures of them joking that they are cutting and stabbing each other in the head with a blade.

He must have a long record.

What happens if he goes on to actually do what he said he was going to do?

The Judge would get plenty of criticism.

Ended up behind bars all because his team lost a game against us? What level of retard he must be and to think he's responsible for kids. Piece of vermin.

perhaps he has previous or is known to the authorities.

Here's hoping he doesn't get the usual lenient punishment that seems to handed down to his kind of criminal.

We all have had rants after a football match at no time have I ever threatened not even in jest to cut someone's throat,because its football related doesn't even come into it.
So you were brought up better than this excuse of a human being.
That's a good thing.

I can't honestly sit here and say I've not been sat in a pub with my mates after watching mentally challengeds and their antics and said to a mate how I'd love to kick x poet in the balls or shoot y poet in the face.
Can you? Can everyone screaming about him deserving to be in jail?

I don't personally know the guy, so maybe due to previous antics and general behaviour he does deserve it.

I don't remember ever backing up the guy either, but I certainly feel it's a wake up call for many of us.
Maybe you are better than me, and gently clap Scott Brown or Griffiths when they start their shite, who knows.

perhaps he has previous or is known to the authorities.
That's exactly what I though too, I'm not defending him, just as someone who's been known to shout some stupid shite after a football match it makes you think! (or me at least)
The majority of people won't see much difference between saying it round a table of mates in a pub or tweeting it to the same mates. (regardless who over hears you in the pub or the audience on twitter) but folk need to realise that thousands may see a tweet including the "victim" (The players) and you are potentially putting ideas into the heads of others who then see such behaviour as acceptable or normal.

As someone in the 40th year of life, it just all seems a bit mental.
To think it acceptable to publish such madness AND the madness that comes after it!

Is it worse than dressing as Postman Pat or singing a song ?

Of course it is and people have been jailed for those
As true as that is, I'd personally have spent about 30 years in jail by now if telling mates I wanted Celtic players dead, dressed inappropriately at any fancy dress event or singing songs merit the time I've seen folk get in Scotland.

That's a good thing.

I can't honestly sit here and say I've not been sat in a pub with my mates after watching mentally challengeds and their antics and said to a mate how I'd love to kick x poet in the balls or shoot y poet in the face.

I don't personally know the guy, so maybe due to previous antics and general behaviour he does deserve it.

I don't remember ever backing up the guy either, but I certainly feel it's a wake up call for many of us.
Maybe you are better than me, and gently clap Scott Brown or Griffiths when they start their shite, who knows.

Gently clapping Brown and Griffiths sorry I dont follow your analogy could you explain it for me.

Slap on the wrist beckons for this lowlife. God forbid a Rangers fan singing a song that offends the mentally challengeds, would be guaranteed jail time.

Threatening to cut someone's throat is not a rant. If he called them DOB's I'd agree with you, but this guy is clearly a dangerous piece of shit given he's been remanded in custody.

That's a good thing.

Fcuking hell :eek:

Internet bravado or not. This clown made threats of violence more than once. The Police/Courts were spot on to punish him. Guy sounds like a complete arse!

Not sure if this has been posted.
In short, remanded in custody for about a month if I am reading this correctly. That seems a bit harsh considering this guy saved Ally McCoist's life.
He's had difficulties with drugs over the past few years apparently. That's the bit that really surprised me. :)
=================

A CELTIC fan is behind bars after admitting abusing Rangers stars Alfredo Morelos and Ryan Kent on Twitter just hours after the New Year Old Firm game.

Steven Pettigrew, 34, hit out at English winger Kent, and Colombian striker Morelos, both 23, after the Ibrox pair starred in Rangers 2-1 win at Celtic Park.

Pettigrew had been at the December 29 match, where Kent scored the opener and Morelos was sent off, with one of his four children.

Following the match, Pettigrew took to Twitter and posted: "Kent Morelos your nice and safe on that pitch but me and my pals banged into Ally McCoist one night on a train from Glasgow and calmer heads talked us out of slashing him.

"But if you two are spotted a bet you get it right in the throat ya c***."

He deleted the Tweet but posted later: "Listen to all you bangers on your moral high horse today.

"1. We did see McCoist on a train about 17 years ago and someone in the group said let’s attack him, and he was quickly told to behave.

"2. We're always threatening people when we lose, this is the mob sending bombs to a Celtic manger yous hated for being an Irish catholic and others, were was your outrage then?

"On claim Morelos was racially abused when half our team are black, a Muslim a Jew, but throat cutting is just a culture thing.

"F*** off the lot of yous. F*** Morelos and Kent."

The Tweets were reported to police and Pettigrew handed himself in to officers on Thursday night.

He spent the night in police custody and was led in to the dock at Greenock Sheriff Court in handcuffs late on Friday afternoon.

He pleaded guilty over the online abuse, admitting breaching Section 38(1) of the Criminal Justice and Licensing (Scotland) Act 2010, by "behaving in a threatening or abusive manner within posts on social media, namely Twitter, which contained threatening and offensive remarks directed to Ryan Kent and Alfredo Morelos, both employees of Rangers Football Club."

The Rangers stars were named on court papers as "care of The Police Service of Scotland."

Defence solicitor David Tod told Sheriff Michael Higgins that Pettigrew "has had considerable difficulties with drugs over the years" but had managed to stay out of trouble over the previous few years.

The lawyer added: "He handed himself in last night when he learned the police were looking for him.

Sheriff Higgins remanded Pettigrew in custody without having the facts of the case narrated to him.

He called for background reports to be prepared ahead of sentencing, and adjourned the case until next month for that to be done.

He said: "For those reasons, you'll be remanded in custody. It's in the public interest."

Both Celtic and Rangers fans were quick to hit out at the troll for his tweets, and Pettigrew could be caged for as long as 18 months for the Tweets when sentenced next month.

That's a good thing.

It's not about actions at a match,that's part of the match experience.
We don't all go home and threaten to stab or slash them on social media.

It’s not as if he’s a daft wee boy full of the drink , he’s 34 years old - idiot

Deserves all he gets

Good absolute scum. Only sad thing is they poor fuckin weans of his having to grow up with a waste of a da like that.

Fcuking hell :eek:
So it shocks you that I turned to my mate when Griffiths tied a scarf to our post and said "I'd love to shoot that horrible we #£_@"?
I don't know if I'm completely mental and off the rails or you've lead a very sheltered life?
I thought it was me.
You seem to be trying hard to make it look like I'm trying to defend that moron when I'm just adding some personal thoughts on the whole scenario.

"Kent Morelos your nice and safe on that pitch but me and my pals banged into Ally McCoist one night on a train from Glasgow and calmer heads talked us out of slashing him."

I find the above utterly chilling.

Possible he has a violent past? Or former assault convictions.
Until court notes are released we can only speculate as to whether the scumbag would have acted out his words

His kids need taken away from their toxic home environment.
Dressing weans up in balaclavas posing as Terrorists with guns and knives is utterly reprehensible.
As far away from a parent as one could possibly be.

Back