Celtic podder predicts Keane and Nicky Butt management team

They've really taken the concept of doubling down to new levels recently.
The only bigger bully in the game than Lennon. If I could hand pick a manager in the top 20 favourites for the job that I'd want to manage celtic it would be Roy Keane.

B-DB-DB-D

He didn't knock back the opportunity to be Paul Lambert's assistant at Aston Villa. Which isn't great however you look at it.

Even if he was just taken a managerial break, he's gone from being a manager in his own right to a series of assistant manager's jobs, combined with punditry.

This isn't a guy on an upward trajectory. He may well have been approached, but at what level of club?

Celtic shouldn't be appointing him. Nor should they be giving a guy his first role in management. And they also shouldn't be giving middle of the road managers what will be the best job and highest point in their managerial career.

There's got to be some way of actually appointing the best man for the job. Roy Keane in no way is the best man for the job. He'd probably be able to do some kind of job, but is he the best we can get?

This last year has been like we've taken a bad trip at the end of a festival and have decided to batter into some mushrooms and neat skunk joints, because, well, it can't get any worse at least. Next thing, Roy Keane dressed as your dead granny is coming at you with a knife between her teeth before using it to butcher a pig and eat it raw.
Wow :oops::D

I would suspect if Keane is the man he’s been promised serious cash
He hasn’t had a managerial job for years. If they are offering anything to him even if it was a transfer budget of pennies I reckon he’d jump at it

Can you imagine him getting tore into half of that Septic team? They would all be Greeting!! Then you would really see a Team downing tools,

It would be hilarious but it just seems too good to be true. Surely their board can't be THAT out of touch with their support.

There's a poll on Kerrydale Street with just 2% of them wanting Roy Keane as manager, even Steve Clarke got double the amont of votes he did.

He'd be a disaster, he'd get them rallied and motivated short term but you just know he'd lose the dressing room and chuck them all under the bus at the first hint of pressure.

He's made a reputation for himself of being a horrible prick of a person, why would any player actually want to go there and work with him?

Last edited:
I think rather then attract players to Celtic his volatile personality will put players off.

It doesn't matter if he can attract players, he has to be able to manage them and there is absolutely nothing in his management track record at Sunderland, Ipswich and Forest that suggests he can. I loathe Celtic, I hate them with a passion, and I would be the happiest guy in the world if they never won a game ever again, as my old man used to say, "people accuse me of being a bigot, but I don't care who beats Celtic", but I seriously cannot believe that they are this dumb to appoint Keane. It would be absolutely idiotic. Like Pedro with bells on, but driven by needing this appointment to be more about being a rabid Celtic man more than anything else! It is utterly bizarre to me as a football fan. As a Rangers fan, please God, a 5 year contract too.

I think it would depend on the quality of his backroom team that's the backbone of our success under Gerrard ok Keane has had a horrid time as a manager but surely it wouldn't take much to go in there at the moment with a clean slate and up the standards and fitness levels a bit

Roy Keane as manager of Celtic would be an absolutely gift for us and not just on the pitch. Keane is the contrarian's contrarian. Whom has he not fought with, fallen out with, argued with, verbally abused or walked out on? Whether in the media or as a player or manager he has the personality of a neutered tom-cat.

That was a rhetorical question above. Here are some well known answers, Sir Alex Ferguson, Jack Charlton, Mick McCarthy, Patrick Vieira. Most of his own team mates at Manchester United and a good few supporters of Manchester United (he referred to some as the prawn sandwich brigade but they pay their hard-earned money to watch Utd) just to mention a few.

He had one decent season in the Championship as manager of Sunderland some 10 years ago. He has been unsuccessful at Ipswich Town and as 'Zebedee's' assistant at Republic of Ireland. If he gets the job at Timbo-land, God forbid if the training and hotel facilities are not up to his standards when Celtic take their long overdue tour of Japan.

In his autobiographies, he has admitted to deliberately and seriously injuring fellow professionals on the pitch causing ABH and has no regrets. Will he form his Celtic team in his own image?

Might be hearsay to some but a particular story sticks out for me which tells me that we could have TLB mark 11 or worse across Glasgow. Back in the day at Old Trafford he always ignored George Best when Bestie was the guest of Manchester United on match day. Was it jealousy as Bestie will always be known as Man Utd's greatest player and will always be remembered by the Charlton, Law and Best statue at the ground, or was it because Bestie was a 'Prod' from Northern Ireland or both? However Bestie got his own back stating that 'Roy Keane will never manage Man Utd unless he gets a personality transplant'.

I think Keane has kept to the old adage,' If you want a friend get a dog'. Keane would last about six months at the Mecanno Set. A full blooded row with Dermot Desmond awaits!

Last edited:
They are all spunking at the rumours Eddie Howe is the new manager.

Good coach no doubt, but can't see him handling the pressure.

Roy Keane as manager of Celtic would be an absolutely gift for us and not just on the pitch. Keane is the contrarian's contrarian. Whom has he not fought with, fallen out with, argued with, verbally abused or walked out on? Whether in the media or as a player or manager he has the personality of a neutered tom-cat.

That was a rhetorical question above. Here are some well known answers, Sir Alex Ferguson, Jack Charlton, Mick McCarthy, Patrick Vieira. Most of his own team mates at Manchester United and a good few supporters of Manchester United (he referred to some as the prawn sandwich brigade but they pay their hard-earned money to watch Utd) just to mention a few.

He had one decent season in the Championship as manager of Sunderland some 10 years ago. He has been unsuccessful at Ipswich Town and as 'Zebedee's' assistant at Republic of Ireland. If he gets the job at Timbo-land, God forbid if the training and hotel facilities are not up to his standards when Celtic take their long overdue tour of Japan.

In his autobiographies, he has admitted to deliberately and seriously injuring fellow professionals on the pitch causing ABH and has no regrets. Will he form his Celtic team in his own image?

Might be hearsay to some but a particular story sticks out for me which tells me that we could have TLB mark 11 or worse across Glasgow. Back in the day at Old Trafford he always ignored George Best when Bestie was the guest of Manchester United on match day. Was it jealousy as Bestie will always be known as Man Utd's greatest player and will always be remembered by the Charlton, Law and Best statue at the ground, or was it because Bestie was a 'Prod' from Northern Ireland or both? However Bestie got his own back stating that 'Roy Keane will never manage Man Utd unless he gets a personality transplant'.

I think Keane has kept to the old adage,' If you want a friend get a dog'. Keane would last about six months at the Mecanno Set. A full blooded row with Dermot Desmond awaits!
I am sure there is no truth in the rumour that Keane told Desmond to get that Orange Cvunt Brown to fck out of the club before he would take over the job.
That surely cannot be true? :oops:

I've been up to the fucking eyeballs with work this week and have had less time to spend reading the forum, or indeed any football related news.

Is this actually fucking happening?!?!

7 pages. some cunt fill me in if its been dispelled as shite already. please be true

EDIT: just seen the Howe rumours. Cunt's as soft as shite.

Howe would be like the Aldi version of Rodgers.

He is more like the Ryanair version of Rodgers.

You think you're getting close to Rodgers but you're actually on something well out of date, nowhere near where you thought you were, the journey to get where you want to be is mental and in the end you end up disappointed.

Wouldn't want Howe to get the job. Very good coach imo who would get far more out of the players who regressed badly under Lennon.

I would still fancy our chances with Gerrard but Howe would be a good appointment for them and would undoubtedly get them going again.

Hope it is Keane cos he`ll no be setting the heather alight.
we have nothing to worry about if that hothead gets it

Back