Celtic share price falling

Definitely something happening.

I hope it’s more sinister than us being close in the league

£23.5m wiped off their share price but you just know the mhedia up here won’t touch the story as it’s a negative on Nonce FC

I hope Thomson Solicitors are ready to serve them court papers for the child abuse and people getting advance knowledge

Now that is another sort of crime but with the decades of child abuse they deserve to be punished and pay out £millions in compensation to the many victims

Not sure what the excitement is about here. Someone is selling their shares and not getting the value that was available last week. No impact upon the club and the seller may still have made a sizeable profit depending upon the purchase price.

If the trend continues then maybe something of note is happening but far to early to be excited or to draw conclusions.

Celtic plc (LON:CCP)’s stock price reached a new 52-week low during trading on Monday . The stock traded as low as GBX 150 ($1.97) and last traded at GBX 155 ($2.04), with a volume of 8195 shares traded. The stock had previously closed at GBX 162.50 ($2.14).

Separately, Canaccord Genuity boosted their price target on shares of Celtic from GBX 185 ($2.43) to GBX 190 ($2.50) and gave the stock a “buy” rating in a research note on Monday, September 30th.

The company’s 50 day simple moving average is GBX 162.64 and its 200 day simple moving average is GBX 162.87. The firm has a market cap of $141.44 million and a price-to-earnings ratio of 22.79. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 11.81, a current ratio of 1.40 and a quick ratio of 1.30

Not sure what the excitement is about here. Someone is selling their shares and not getting the value that was available last week. No impact upon the club and the seller may still have made a sizeable profit depending upon the purchase price.

If the trend continues then maybe something of note is happening but far to early to be excited or to draw conclusions.

24 million being wiped off a football clubs value in 4 days is notable surely?

24 million being wiped off a football clubs value in 4 days is notable surely?

I would think the volume being traded is more than usual but is minimal in stock market terms. This isn’t really a traded stock so tiny movements will show up massively. Yesterday’s trades were 88k shares out of a total of about 98 million out there. It is an absolute pinprick being traded.
The likelihood is a smallish medium investor has died and his estate is being wound up or a fund is cashing out.

I would think the volume being traded is more than usual but is minimal in stock market terms. This isn’t really a traded stock so tiny movements will show up massively. Yesterday’s trades were 88k shares out of a total of about 98 million out there. It is an absolute pinprick being traded.
The likelihood is a smallish medium investor has died and his estate is being wound up or a fund is cashing out.
What you say is true. however, I would turn it around and ask whey there were not buyer ready to jump in at a 20 + percent discount.

Word round the campfire is that HMRC have been sniffing around Celtic and there are more than a few discrepancies in their finances & past tax reporting............

Well based on our experience they’ll be there to give advice on covering it all up.

Is that all it takes for tens of millions to fall off the value of a company?

That’s bizarre, cheer bud.

What you say is true. however, I would turn it around and ask whey there were not buyer ready to jump in at a 20 + percent discount.
Probably because these type of shares are not bought by people looking to make money, they are primarily bought by supporters and as such there really isn’t a huge demand for them.
If for example it were us and Easdale wanted to sell his shares the price would plummet because there just isn’t buyers out there. Would you put significant money into Rangers as an investment? Probably not as it’s a sort of vanity buy.

Numpty question (maybe)... but would the spike up to 165 in July have been when they sold or were potentially selling a player? Or through other investments.

If thats not the way it works then I retract.

It was staying with in a 5 point range for 18 months. Even a low volume of 23 points in three days can not be just brushed off. I have no inside info but this has to cause raised eye brows.

Or more charges have been laid against an already convicted paedophile, and almost certainly more in the pipeline, that would do it too.

Don’t really know the details of this but does the official ‘share prices just reflect the most recent sales price or is there a function built in to compensate for sizes of shares traded?

If it is just most recent sales price then it’s hard to get too excited about this. It would seem likely that it’s an old codger’s estate being dived up (who may have bought them for a pittance decades ago) or a small business/fund shareholding being sold for capital.

The volume of shares would be an awkward one - too small to attract serious interest for anyone looking for power and influence but too large to attract individual fans for a vanity purchase. Football clubs are hardly great investments when they are mature and not growing. The seller may need to just take what they can get. The time of year won’t help with small purchases with folk still paying off Christmas.

I’d presume that the devaluation of the club is also fairly theoretical. You can’t extrapolate from a small shareholding to the total value. If a major shareholder sold up then you’d think that the price would rise for folk able to pay for major influence.

That said, if it continues then things may get interesting and there are certainly things going on that could conceivably cost them enough to seriously wreck their business. Would be fun :)

To conceal, Promote, encourage and profit from abuse? It's due diligence to know trouble is afoot! I think the question isn't how many shares are being shifted but who is offloading them? Institutional/Pension/ hedge fund type investors would be huge
Insider trading isn't it??

Don’t really know the details of this but does the official ‘share prices just reflect the most recent sales price or is there a function built in to compensate for sizes of shares traded?

If it is just most recent sales price then it’s hard to get too excited about this. It would seem likely that it’s an old codger’s estate being dived up (who may have bought them for a pittance decades ago) or a small business/fund shareholding being sold for capital.

The volume of shares would be an awkward one - too small to attract serious interest for anyone looking for power and influence but too large to attract individual fans for a vanity purchase. Football clubs are hardly great investments when they are mature and not growing. The seller may need to just take what they can get. The time of year won’t help with small purchases with folk still paying off Christmas.

I’d presume that the devaluation of the club is also fairly theoretical. You can’t extrapolate from a small shareholding to the total value. If a major shareholder sold up then you’d think that the price would rise for folk able to pay for major influence.

That said, if it continues then things may get interesting and there are certainly things going on that could conceivably cost them enough to seriously wreck their business. Would be fun :)
The price was holding steady for a year and a half. What ever the reasons to sell we know there is not a floor of buyers ready to snatch up shares on the cheap.

Back