Celtic v Hibs in January moved back 2 days without a Hibs agreement, Hibs not happy

This frees up the previous midweek to play the game they miss on weekend of Scottish Cup final.

If we beat St Mirren in QF, the semi weekend is 23rd January, when we are scheduled to play Ross County at home.

if things go well for us, we should be requesting this game is brought forward to a midweek in January.

I remember those sneaky fucks last season scheduling our game at Hibs on a Friday night rather then the weekend, which meant we couldn’t play our midweek fixture and sent us to Parkhead a game behind.

They are devious bastards and we should now be all over the scheduling to make sure we get the same courtesy.

If it is for a Dubai trip then that could blow up in their faces big time. A fractured dressing room, players living together for 5-7 days with little respite from each other and then building in a drinking/bonding session with some players who don’t drink for various reasons, is a recipe for even more disaster.

It’s like knowing you’re 99% likely to get divorced but trying a last chance holiday to rebuild the marriage.

If it’s due to them having new or loan signings who they know they agreed to but need quarantined, then this should be called out as cheating.

Start naking noises for them to get the games in hand played on the Tue and Fri then Hibs on the Mon.

Suits me. We beat them on the 2nd then win first game back at Aberdeen and they are under huge pressure to win on a cold Monday night in January.

That could almost be the league sewn up. If it's a net 5pt gap going into OF, a win at Ibrox and the Sheep and a slip up from them would be a minimum net 10pt gap.

There games in hand (and all clubs games in hand ) should be rescheduled now. They are out the league cup. They are out Europe , the dates for league cup and Scottish cup are set . Surely get all games in the Calendar

There games in hand (and all clubs games in hand ) should be rescheduled now. They are out the league cup. They are out Europe , the dates for league cup and Scottish cup are set . Surely get all games in the Calendar
yes

Aberdeen home 16th December

St Mirren home or Livingston away 19th/20th January

St Mirren home or Livingston away 9th/10th February

Im obviously missing something here.

there is an agreed date for mentally challengeds v hibs.

mentally challengeds would like the game moved so ask spfl/hibs for permission.

hibs refuse.

spfl still agree to mentally challengeds request.

is this how it transpired?

surely hibs have to agree to a change in date before it can me moved?

does this not mean any spl club can ask for a game to be moved and even if opposition say no it can be moved?

what am i missing here?

So according to radio Scotland if a dispute cannot be agreed they favour the home side.

Purely for the shithousery.... Please oh please Rangers request moving the game v them out from the 2nd to the 4th.

Spfl cannot refuse this and it fucks up their travel plans
This is genius.
Pity I can only like it once.

So according to radio Scotland if a dispute cannot be agreed they favour the home side.

Purely for the shithousery.... Please oh please Rangers request moving the game v them out from the 2nd to the 4th.

That would be class but it’s a Sky game so we can’t

Like the idea but since the game date and kick-off time was at Sky Sport's request unlikely we could do it

I think it's obvious. The Tims need to get their postponed games played at some point. They have decided that they would like to play one of them on the Thursday, Jan 7th, after the OF game and then give their squad an extra couple of days to recover before playing the Hibs game.

Edit: Assuming that we get to the League Cup semi, our league game against Ross County will be moved. We should ask for the same thing as the Tims, to have our league game against Aberdeen to be moved on the Monday and we'll play Ross County on the Thursday.
Should there be a league wide demand that all the Saturday program be moved and played on Monday 11th Jan so that no club gets or is seen to get any advantage over the others ?

I mean if they want the window for whatever justifiable reason that ought to be available to all the others - no ?

No funnies from me,just the perfect example of what we are up against, and let's not kid ourselves both are hard to beat liewell and dungcaster that is.

Why does it have to move if Celtic want it? The SPFL should have said no, simple as that.

Why are Hibs being treated like 2nd class citizens here?

Hibs actually have more of a right to demand the game is played on the day that the SPFL arranged.

Something strange going on here, and no doubt time will tell us why this bending of the rules has happened.

Why don’t Hibs just formally ask for it to be moved from 11th back to the 9th and then compare the reasons?

Im obviously missing something here.

there is an agreed date for mentally challengeds v hibs.

mentally challengeds would like the game moved so ask spfl/hibs for permission.

hibs refuse.

spfl still agree to mentally challengeds request.

is this how it transpired?

surely hibs have to agree to a change in date before it can me moved?

does this not mean any spl club can ask for a game to be moved and even if opposition say no it can be moved?

what am i missing here?

If this was against Hibs’ position then there are surely grounds for Rangers to take it further.

It’s procedural matters like this that tend to cause the most damage to authorities.

Back