Clap for NHS Heroes

GEEEDUBYA

I was also a bit cynical about it, but it is the very least we can do. That and act responsibly until this scourge is gone.
NHS & Care workers put their live on the line every day.

EssexRangers

Wife, our 2 little girls and I all did this at the windows and front door.
LED lights in steps and walls all on Blue.
Neighbours all out and honking horns etc....pretty emotional really.
Much bigger response than I thought would happen.

More power to their elbows, we salute you !!!

4ladsHAD

Is it a one off or is it each night at 8 ? I’ll be honest I didn’t know it was happening and completely freaked out when I heard the noise building up in my street and what sounded like bells ringing etc . Feel emotional now that I know what it was .

In Walter We Trust

Is it a one off or is it each night at 8 ? I’ll be honest I didn’t know it was happening and completely freaked out when I heard the noise building up in my street and what sounded like bells ringing etc . Feel emotional now that I know what it was .
Think it’s a one off , the wife works for nhs gartnavel hospital, she works in the beatsoncancer unit , absolute hero .

Last edited:

Jonathan E

I generally don't like stuff like this but I followed the rest of the family in going outside to applaud and, although far from unanimous in our area, there were enough people doing it near and far that I felt marginally better about the human race than I did before.

That can't be a bad thing?

I'm not a doctor or a nurse but I do work every day on an acute hospital ward, where Covid-19 is setting in, and continue to do this because it's my duty.

It's pretty tough going just now and it's only just the start. Without going into detail, today was the day things got real but I can promise you all we won 't let you down.

Some of the gestures we have seen even locally from the public before tonight have been very inspiring. Your support keeps our morale up and we genuinely do need it. Thank you.

DavieCooper11

I'm not a doctor or a nurse but I do work every day on an acute hospital ward, where Covid-19 is setting in, and continue to do this because it's my duty.

It's pretty tough going just now and it's only just the start. Without going into detail, today was the day things got real but I can promise you all we won 't let you down.

Some of the gestures we have seen even locally from the public before tonight have been very inspiring. Your support keeps our morale up and we genuinely do need it. Thank you.
The food and cards our station has had delivered has been incredible.